What's new

Leah Remini to Star in New TLC Reality Series

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Recently, on February 26[SUP]th[/SUP], 2014 - there was the Leah Remini interview on Buzzfeed.
Leah Remini Shares The Truth About The Hardest Year Of Her Life
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/leah-remini-shares-the-truth-about-the-hardest-year-of-her-l

Yahoo TV has learned recently, that Leah Remini is starring in a new reality TV series for TLC, set to premiere this summer.
Leah Remini to Star in New TLC Reality Series
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/exclusive-leah-remini-tlc-reality-series-060745701.html
Her husband, mother, and sister were also mentioned in the interview as members of the Church, and Remini cited her daughter as a driving force to leave after 30 years, so it'll be interesting to see if the reality show touches on all of their lives post-Scientology.

Hmmm…. :drama:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Twelve half-hour episodes have been ordered by TLC, apparently.
Shooting starts today with the show expected to be broadcast this summer.

From USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/03/05/leah-remini-lands-her-own-reality-show/6086849/

Joining Leah in the series will be her husband of 10 years, Angelo, a devoted father who helps run their family diner, and their feisty daughter Sofia, 9, who apparently "isn't afraid to keep her parents in check."

We'll also get to know Leah's opinionated mother, eccentric stepfather, and her sister and brother-in-law, who have a secret coded language that drives Leah insane. (This is all from the release.) Add to that: Leah's wisecracking housekeeper, Sofia's brash British nanny, and Leah's personal assistant who really wants to get into acting.

I wonder if the sister mentioned above is Nicole (lives in Minnesota, IIRC) or the other sister, Shannon, who is married to Melinda Brownstone's brother. (Re: Melinda Brownstone, see The Underground Bunker: http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/14/le...calls-for-scientology-celeb-strategy-session/

Might get interesting. :coolwink:

JB (Hope the show films Leah having lunch with Tory Magoo. Or Jason Beghe. Or Lisa Marie Presley. Or...all of 'em!)

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh dear... My first thought, even before will Scientology be a subject addressed on this show, is I really hope Leah and her family make it out in tact! Reality shows are kinda known for ruining family relationships..it is called the reality show curse. Since they already have fame maybe it will be okay after all..I suppose the curse hits hardest for everyday folks getting the taste of fame.

As for Scientology.. I bet it will be casually addressed but nothing hard hitting. Regardless, if she can show even a few still-ins that her life is healthy and happy it might just help get a few more out the door. I bet there will be vague references that those on the fence will pick up and they must be fence sitters if they are willing to watch an Entheta show starring her.

Honestly, for her to do a show about her life after the cult...well, this is great and will have an impact no matter how much the word Scientology is or is not said out loud. This is a pretty LOUD way of leaving, it is as if she is saying "see how happy I am now! It's okay to leave and even better with your family in tact!"

You just know DM is pissed as shit! He wants the sheeple to think she is lost and miserable!

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is unprecedented. Rather than being "shuddered into silence", Leah Remini now has a soapbox and a megaphone unlike any other.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

The shitstorm that the criminal cult of Scientology has brought upon itself promises to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you, Tommy Davis, Kirstie Alley, & Dave Miscavige, for making this possible.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Oh dear... My first thought, even before will Scientology be a subject addressed on this show, is I really hope Leah and her family make it out in tact! Reality shows are kinda known for ruining family relationships..it is called the reality show curse. Since they already have fame maybe it will be okay after all..I suppose the curse hits hardest for everyday folks getting the taste of fame.

As for Scientology.. I bet it will be casually addressed but nothing hard hitting. Regardless, if she can show even a few still-ins that her life is healthy and happy it might just help get a few more out the door. I bet there will be vague references that those on the fence will pick up and they must be fence sitters if they are willing to watch an Entheta show starring her.

Honestly, for her to do a show about her life after the cult...well, this is great and will have an impact no matter how much the word Scientology is or is not said out loud. This is a pretty LOUD way of leaving, it is as if she is saying "see how happy I am now! It's okay to leave and even better with your family in tact!"

You just know DM is pissed as shit! He wants the sheeple to think she is lost and miserable!

Co$/scientology mgmt will be apoplectic if...

American audiences find the people featured on this show are warm, engaging, humorous, fallible, or otherwise human.

An America that embraces a family for their humanity - warts and all - will terrify Co$/scientology mgmt.
And, truth be told, it's time they felt terrified. Overdue, in fact.

JB

Co$/scientology mgmt will be apoplectic if...

American audiences find the people featured on this show are warm, engaging, humorous, fallible, or otherwise human.

An America that embraces a family for their humanity - warts and all - will terrify Co$/scientology mgmt.
And, truth be told, it's time they felt terrified. Overdue, in fact.

JB
The cult does not know how to laugh at itself, it's way too paranoid an insecure of an organization to handle not being taken seriously, and unfortunately for them, they are little more than a punchline to a joke.

If there's a way to shoot themselves in the foot over this ... they will find it.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
The cult does not know how to laugh at itself, it's way too paranoid an insecure of an organization to handle not being taken seriously, and unfortunately for them, they are little more than a punchline to a joke.

If there's a way to shoot themselves in the foot over this ... they will find it.

Is America truly ready to hear from Puow & Co.?

Possible Co$ statements....

"Scientology 2014: We Are The Toeless Ten-Thousand"

"We're Toeless, Heartless, And Angry - Real Angry!"

"If You Don't Watch Leah's Show, Then We'll Release Shelly. Deal?"

"You Like Leah? She Used To Like Us. So...You Should Like Us. That's Scio-Logic At Work."

"We Know Stuff About Leah. Trust Us. We ONLY Lie Sometimes"

JB

Is America truly ready to hear from Puow & Co.?

Possible Co$ statements....

"Scientology 2014: We Are The Toeless Ten-Thousand"

"We're Toeless, Heartless, And Angry - Real Angry!"

"If You Don't Watch Leah's Show, Then We'll Release Shelly. Deal?"

"You Like Leah? She Used To Like Us. So...You Should Like Us. That's Scio-Logic At Work."

"We Know Stuff About Leah. Trust Us. We ONLY Lie Sometimes"

JB
Toeless we stand ... well almost stand, more like lean.

Free Being Me

Crusader
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:So funny, Chuck!

"Toes, pfft.
Toes are for dilettantes.
Me?
I'm in the Stump Org."
- Bob "Bloodyfeets" Berthman

footbullet2.gif

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Anyone care to submit a name for this as-yet-untitled new show?

*paging HelluvaHoax! and the rest of the J&D squad*

JB