What's new

Leah Remini to Star in New TLC Reality Series

Re: Leah Remini - TLC Reality Series - Premiere's Tonight @ 10:00

Excellent points, Pheryn, and I didn't mean to be dismissive or disdainful of the progress she & her family have made thus far on their journey.

Filing the missing persons report to determine Shelly Miscavige's well-being/whereabouts was an extraordinary event for a number of important reasons that have previously been discussed here @ ESMB + other sites. (Ex. Would Vanity Fair magazine have published an article about Mrs. Miscavige if not for that report? Nope.)

What struck me back then was how quickly the MSM grabbed/published that story and, in comparison, how slowly Co$ responded.
Obviously, Co$ upper mgmt has no understanding of the speed & breadth of the internet, (<---- huge understatement!) but the most significant result, imo, was that it showed Co$ upper mgmt that while they did 'prove' to LA police Mrs. Miscavige was safe, they did not prove it to the general public & the MSM.

Did David Miscavige anticipate the missing persons report + its resultant media fireworks @ that time? I don't think he did.
More importantly, however, I think he intuited, from that one event, that he failed... publicly and spectacularly.
Last summer, international media outlets (finally!) used words like "creepy" and "cult" and "bizarre" and "moonbat" with the word "scientology" very close by.

That missing persons report news story provided David Miscavige & Co$ upper mgmt with an unpleasant experience about 2 things: the power of Leah Remini's celebrity status and the high value placed upon that status by 1000s of MSM outlets across the world.
Dread, a simple, yet oh-so-subtly insidious human feeling, has, imo, accompanied every new day that has come since that story blew up for David Miscavige & every person within the upper mgmt @ Co$. They're all feeling it. :yes:

JB

Yes, Dread. Poor David, and Tom and John and Beard, and Krusty.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
Re: Leah Remini - TLC Reality Series - Premiere's Tonight @ 10:00

Excellent points, Pheryn, and I didn't mean to be dismissive or disdainful of the progress she & her family have made thus far on their journey.

Filing the missing persons report to determine Shelly Miscavige's well-being/whereabouts was an extraordinary event for a number of important reasons that have previously been discussed here @ ESMB + other sites. (Ex. Would Vanity Fair magazine have published an article about Mrs. Miscavige if not for that report? Nope.)

What struck me back then was how quickly the MSM grabbed/published that story and, in comparison, how slowly Co$ responded.
Obviously, Co$ upper mgmt has no understanding of the speed & breadth of the internet, (<---- huge understatement!) but the most significant result, imo, was that it showed Co$ upper mgmt that while they did 'prove' to LA police Mrs. Miscavige was safe, they did not prove it to the general public & the MSM.

Did David Miscavige anticipate the missing persons report + its resultant media fireworks @ that time? I don't think he did.
More importantly, however, I think he intuited, from that one event, that he failed... publicly and spectacularly.
Last summer, international media outlets (finally!) used words like "creepy" and "cult" and "bizarre" and "moonbat" with the word "scientology" very close by.

That missing persons report news story provided David Miscavige & Co$ upper mgmt with an unpleasant experience about 2 things: the power of Leah Remini's celebrity status and the high value placed upon that status by 1000s of MSM outlets across the world.
Dread, a simple, yet oh-so-subtly insidious human feeling, has, imo, accompanied every new day that has come since that story blew up for David Miscavige & every person within the upper mgmt @ Co$. They're all feeling it. :yes:

JB

I couldn't agree more and you stated it wonderfully.

A couple of my favorite moments from that media blitz was, of course, Scientology's response... which was the equivalent of calling Leah a 'big fat doodie-head'. Seriously, it made them look incredibly stupid. The spokeswoman (karin pow?..or something? that name is just stuck in my brain for some reason) is my favorite by far. The statements she released during her reign were just delightful....and completely insane. Another was that my mother (who was unaware at the time of my 'critic' status) came to me and was like "You know that weird cult Tom Cruise is in...didja know the leader's wife is missing..it's so creepy!". Seriously, she was glued to the tv and was ON TOP of that whole situation.

Just outstanding how far-reaching it was.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini to Star in New TLC Reality Series - Tonight @ 10:00 (9:00 Central)

Quick reminder...

It's All Relative, Leah Remini's show on TLC channel will again broadcast two half-hour episodes tonight @ 10:00 (9:00 Central).

Last week's ratings were decent (0.4 share) so it will be interesting to see if viewers tune-in again this week. :)

JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini to Star in New TLC Reality Series - Tonight @ 10:00

Quickie reminder... :)

Leah Remini's show, It's All Relative, is on tonight @ 10:00 pm (9:00 Central) on the TLC channel.

JB

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I could think of some guests for the show that would spice it up a bit.

Maybe Jason Beghe for one. :yes:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini TLC Show: "It's All Relative" --- Ratings Round-Up

Found a website that features the daily ratings for network + cable shows. (Link to main site here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/ )
The numbers below only represent Viewing Adults Ages 18-49.

Blue = Actual # of Viewers. (<----Each week the number is formatted differently, lol.)
Brown = % of All Viewers Watching TV on that date.

10:00 p.m. - 1,284 --- 0.6 ----- July 10, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 1,012 --- 0.4 ----- July 10, 2014

10:00 p.m. - 899k --- 0.3 ----- July 17, 2014

10:00 p.m. - 1.14m --- 0.4 ----- July 24, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 1.14m --- 0.4 ----- July 24, 2014

10:00 p.m. - 976k --- 0.3 ----- July 31, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 991k --- 0.3 ----- July 31, 2014

I studied the ratings' histories for other TLC and/or Gurney Production cable shows and noticed that, generally speaking, if a show's 1st season maintained its audience share, it was more likely to be renewed for a 2nd season.
If this theory holds true, then It's All Relative may well earn a 2nd season. :)

Compare the ratings-related numbers above to 2 other shows* (which originally aired on February 19, 2014):

The Exes - 674k --- 0.2
Kirstie - 679k --- 0.2

Kirstie was cancelled a few days ago, yet The Exes was renewed for a 4th season, - before the above episode even aired! - despite having very similar ratings.

Also, has everyone seen that Paul Haggis has been tapped to direct a new HBO 6-hour series entitled, Show Me A Hero, produced by the same folks who did The Wire? :yes: :cheerleader:
Link here: http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/dav...scar-isaac-catherine-keener-greenlighted-hbo/

JB

*These 2 shows belong to TVLand, not TLC, so the renewal criteria is probably different, but I thought it okay for general comparison purposes.

Zoey2014

Patron
I LOVE this show. Sure some of it seems a bit staged, but theres no faking that they are just a crazy fun family. A bit trashy? Yes, but that's what makes them likable.

I always root for Leah. I had many encounters with her in the Celeb Center and she was always so funny and out of her mind. I always thought that if it weren't for her money/fame that the cult wouldn't have spent so much time on her..She was always a ticking time bomb and there was no predicting how she would react or what she would say. They need people they can control and that woman was untamable.

VERY eager to read her book. She is a rare breed in that she was a scio kid and then became rich and famous. She is the rare few who saw both worlds.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini TLC Show: "It's All Relative" --- Ratings Round-Up

Found a website that features the daily ratings for network + cable shows. (Link to main site here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/ )
The numbers below only represent Viewing Adults Ages 18-49.

Blue = Actual # of Viewers. (<----Each week the number is formatted differently, lol.)
Brown = % of All Viewers Watching TV on that date.

10:00 p.m. - 1,284 --- 0.6 ----- July 10, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 1,012 --- 0.4 ----- July 10, 2014

10:00 p.m. - 899k --- 0.3 ----- July 17, 2014

10:00 p.m. - 1.14m --- 0.4 ----- July 24, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 1.14m --- 0.4 ----- July 24, 2014

10:00 p.m. - 976k --- 0.3 ----- July 31, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 991k --- 0.3 ----- July 31, 2014 <snip>

10:00 p.m. - 1,030 --- 0.4 ----- August 7, 2014
10:30 p.m. - 995k --- 0.4 ----- August 7, 2014

Next week's show, to air @ 10:00 p.m. Thursday, August 14 is the final episode of the season.
(TLC has not yet announced whether the series will return.)

Also on August 14, in the morning, Leah Remini will appear on ABC-TV's The View.

JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini TLC Reality Series - "The View" & Season Finale = Tomorrow

Gentle reminders:

Leah Remini
will be on ABC's morning show, The View, tomorrow. <----What aired today was a rerun from July.
And, tomorrow night @ 10:00 p.m. (EST) is the season finale TLC channel's It's All Relative.

TLC has not renewed It's All Relative for a 2nd season....
Yet. :wink2:

JB

ETA: Sorry, all. Leah Remini's appearance on The View was a repeat of a show originally broadcast in July 2014.

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Leah Remini's reality show, "It's All Relative" has been renewed for a 2nd season.

Excerpt:

The series is produced for TLC by Gurney Productions and Leah Remini’s No Seriously Productions, Inc.
It started filming 14 new episodes this month, and the network plans to premiere the season this summer.

Link to The Wrap here: http://www.thewrap.com/leah-remini-its-all-relative-renewed-for-second-season-by-tlc/

They've already started filming.

Hmmm, wonder if they filmed the Remini family before and after to see Going Clear @ an LA theater.
Or will they film the family watching the film on HBO?

JB