What's new

Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
While I'm not at all a fan of 'global government', I would like to see a federal investigation AND also an investigation at the United Nations level as well.

If the FBI raided CoS tomorrow and shut them down INT Management would just move operations over to Columbia or some other friendlier jurisdiction, and continue in their attempt to 'clear the planet'.

Scientology, just like the Ebola virus, is an international problem, and needs to be addressed at that level.

This entire PR meltdown with the threat of a Federal investigation might be the perfect opportunity the COS (Crimewave of Scientology) has been waiting & looking for!

Consider this: For a very long time, the COS has been phasing out and underplaying its original goal, purpose and activity--AUDITING & TRAINING! They have been "gradiently" de-emphasizing the OT powers (the Grade Chart no longer boasts miracles but only some bland generic rhetorical mush).

They haven't been training auditors either. The legendary SHSBC, once the centerpiece of all Scientology training--for 50% of the gains!) is no longer even being delivered.

What is emphasized in all ways and all times is now DONATIONS.

IAS donations.

Ideal Org donations.

Way to Happiness donations.

LRH books for libraries donations.

International Dissemination Campaigns donations.

The COS is now the COD: Church of Donations.

So, now they have an opportunity. Close down the delivery of any auditing and training. Call a huge event and deliver a rousing briefing about how the planet is "not safe enough yet" to deliver Clear and OT levels.

Sound crazy?! LOL.

Well, that's the reason OT VIII was held back for decades.

And that's the exact reason given why a massive ship (Freewinds) had to be purchased--because it was "not safe enough" on land to deliver OT VIII.

Jeez, that's weird--they told Scientologists that AOs had to be built because it wasn't safe enough to deliver OT III and above in a regular org.

But, then, OT IX and OT X cannot be delivered because "it's not safe enough" on this planet. For DECADES, Scientologists have been saddled with the Sisyphean task--to expand all orgs in the world up to "Old St. Hill Size!"

So, maybe it's "not safe enough" to deliver the Grade Chart now. Maybe Scientology has to raise 5 billion dollars (or whatever number is favorably answered in standard surveys). Five billion dollars becomes the magic number of dollars that is required in order to "make it safe enough" to deliver grades, Clearing and OT levels. Because "we are under attack" dear parishioners. It is the apocalyptic battle of SPs vs THETA BEINGS. We must win at all costs!

The "costs" are (naturally) to be borne by parishioners.

Then Scientology can fully become what it has been struggling to become for decades. A pure DONATION RELIGION. Everything great in the world can be done "if we only had the money to do it!"

And all the evil in the world only prevails because "we don't have enough money" to fight them!

It's a perfect Orwellian vision of endless war that can never be won, because it is not the plan nor intention to ever win. It's an ecosystem predicated on a forever enemy that must be hated and fought to the death!

Fortunately, all the fighting is done by loyal staff members willing to sacrifice their lives. All parishioners have to do is write some checks from the safety of their living rooms, without even missing their favorite tv show!

Pure donations! That's the answer to all Scientology's problems. It solves their ruin--that they never had any Clear or OT states to deliver.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This entire PR meltdown with the threat of a Federal investigation might be the perfect opportunity the COS (Crimewave of Scientology) has been waiting & looking for!

Consider this: For a very long time, the COS has been phasing out and underplaying its original goal, purpose and activity--AUDITING & TRAINING! They have been "gradiently" de-emphasizing the OT powers (the Grade Chart no longer boasts miracles but only some bland generic rhetorical mush).

They haven't been training auditors either. The legendary SHSBC, once the centerpiece of all Scientology training--for 50% of the gains!) is no longer even being delivered.

What is emphasized in all ways and all times is now DONATIONS.

IAS donations.

Ideal Org donations.

Way to Happiness donations.

LRH books for libraries donations.

International Dissemination Campaigns donations.

The COS is now the COD: Church of Donations.

So, now they have an opportunity. Close down the delivery of any auditing and training. Call a huge event and deliver a rousing briefing about how the planet is "not safe enough yet" to deliver Clear and OT levels.

Sound crazy?! LOL.

Well, that's the reason OT VIII was held back for decades.

And that's the exact reason given why a massive ship (Freewinds) had to be purchased--because it was "not safe enough" on land to deliver OT VIII.

Jeez, that's weird--they told Scientologists that AOs had to be built because it wasn't safe enough to deliver OT III and above in a regular org.

But, then, OT IX and OT X cannot be delivered because "it's not safe enough" on this planet. For DECADES, Scientologists have been saddled with the Sisyphean task--to expand all orgs in the world up to "Old St. Hill Size!"

So, maybe it's "not safe enough" to deliver the Grade Chart now. Maybe Scientology has to raise 5 billion dollars (or whatever number is favorably answered in standard surveys). Five billion dollars becomes the magic number of dollars that is required in order to "make it safe enough" to deliver grades, Clearing and OT levels. Because "we are under attack" dear parishioners. It is the apocalyptic battle of SPs vs THETA BEINGS. We must win at all costs!

The "costs" are (naturally) to be borne by parishioners.

Then Scientology can fully become what it has been struggling to become for decades. A pure DONATION RELIGION. Everything great in the world can be done "if we only had the money to do it!"

And all the evil in the world only prevails because "we don't have enough money" to fight them!

It's a perfect Orwellian vision of endless war that can never be won, because it is not the plan nor intention to ever win. It's an ecosystem predicated on a forever enemy that must be hated and fought to the death!

Fortunately, all the fighting is done by loyal staff members willing to sacrifice their lives. All parishioners have to do is write some checks from the safety of their living rooms, without even missing their favorite tv show!

Pure donations! That's the answer to all Scientology's problems. It solves their ruin--that they never had any Clear or OT states to deliver.

^^^^^ This wouldn't surprise me if CoS did just that, or at least threatened to shut down services so as to increase the urgency of the remaining members to:

1) Donate money!
2) Donate more money!
3) Borrow money so they can donate more money!
4) Take massive action to counter Season Two (and maybe three ;) of Leah's show. I expect these shows to generate more and more outrage amongst the general public, and generate momentum for what Leah's wanting, a federal investigation.

With so much on the line for CoS and Miscavige, I wouldn't be surprised if they were considering using a Portland type Crusade using the remaining Scientologists to fight for their "religious freedom", in Washington D.C. or elsewhere.

When Leah and other whistleblowers expose the truth about CoS criminality and abuses the CoS tries to characterize these individuals as bigots and their actions as an attack upon their religious freedom.

Should they use this though it will backfire to the point where the whole episode will end up on the Stupid Thread, because it will cause the very things they fear to happen to happen even faster.

R-Factor to OSA:
Exposing the truth about your organizations criminal activity and abuses and demanding an investigation isn't bigotry nor is it an attack on religious freedom. It's a mission for justice, and it will not fail. When is NOW the right time to jump ship?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
An excerpt from a new post from Mike Rinder (Scientology's Aftermath, Part 2):

The truth is that there are a lot of frustrated law enforcement people who know there is something rotten in Denmark. And THAT is precisely why Miscavige’s message focuses on being a “religious institution.” The barriers thrown up by the First Amendment to prosecution are daunting – but they are not insurmountable.

Pedophile priests acting holier than thou and hiding behind the walls of the church got away with it for a long time. But not forever.

Neither will scientology.

When your “religious mission” results in abuse, pain and shattered lives, it is a mission that needs to be reined in, no matter how loudly you shout that you are “saving mankind.”

Full Post: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientologys-aftermath-part-2/

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This morning Tony Ortega wrote:

"Tomorrow, Leah Remini and Mike Rinder launch season two of Scientology and the Aftermath with an episode which is going to eclipse everything they’ve done before. (Yes, we’ve seen it, and we’re going to tell you more about it tomorrow morning.) Once again, social media will be swamped with people expressing shock at what they’re seeing on their television screens, and this place will gain curious new onlookers and commenters."

http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/14/fa...r-whack-heres-a-word-from-scientology-itself/

Only have another 37 hours to wait...

:waiting:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Tuesday, 8/15/17 at 6 pm: Ask Leah Remini anything on Reddit

Tuesday, 8/15/17 at 6 pm: Ask Leah Remini anything on Reddit.

Reddit is holding another AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Leah Remini.

https://twitter.com/AETV/status/897187403932323841

vKuoPlK.png

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Leah Remini "First Look Documentary" . . . a 20-minute sneak peek
of tomorrow night's broadcast is on tonight around dinner and repeats
a little later tonight on A&E.

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony Ortega wrote:

"Tomorrow, Leah Remini and Mike Rinder launch season two of Scientology and the Aftermath with an episode which is going to eclipse everything they’ve done before. (Yes, we’ve seen it, and we’re going to tell you more about it tomorrow morning.) Once again, social media will be swamped with people expressing shock at what they’re seeing on their television screens, and this place will gain curious new onlookers and commenters."

more: http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/14/fa...r-whack-heres-a-word-from-scientology-itself/

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Leah Remini "First Look Documentary" . . . a 20-minute sneak peek of tomorrow night's
broadcast is on tonight around dinner and repeats a little later tonight on A&E.
Watched the short preview. Gonna be a very shocking, disturbing episode.

Just not right. Left me a bit upset.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
. . .
Leah Remini "First Look Documentary" . . . a 20-minute sneak peek
of tomorrow night's broadcast is on tonight around dinner and repeats
a little later tonight on A&E.

The 20 minute sneak peek is on again at 12:42 a.m. EST (Eastern Time U.S.)

Then, later in the day is scheduled some of the episodes from Season One (which I believe are also available for free at this time on A&E's website.)
http://www.aetv.com/schedule?month=8&day=15&year=2017

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remi...on-1/episode-7/bonus-christie-tells-her-story

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From the Bunker this morning...

Leah Remini goes there: Child molestation in Scientology for tonight’s ‘Aftermath’ premiere

We hope you’re looking forward to tonight’s premiere of the second season of A&E’s Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath. But you should know, if past episodes of this series have left you emotionally battered, you’re in for a real roller coaster ride tonight.

Both Leah Remini and Mike Rinder are second-generation Scientologists who were brought into the church as young children, but one thing we’ve heard repeatedly from some quarters is that ‘Aftermath’ and other programs on Scientology haven’t done enough to focus on the experiences of the children of Scientologists who were brought up in the neglectful (and worse) conditions as kids of Sea Org workers.

Well, that gap in coverage is certainly addressed by tonight’s episode, titled “Thetans in Young Bodies.”

Leah and Mike tonight hear accounts from two women who grew up in Scientology’s “Cadet Org” in the 1980s and who remained in the church, in one case, until just a few years ago.

They are Mirriam Francis of Melbourne, Australia and Saina Kamula of California, and their stories are as harrowing as any we’ve seen on this series.
<snip>

Full Post: http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/15/le...y-for-tonights-aftermath-premiere/#more-41829

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I thought it may involve children when IL2L mentioned that it upset her ... I'm not looking forward to this at all but I'm glad everything is being put out there, because it needs to be.

:yes:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought it may involve children when IL2L mentioned that it upset her ... I'm not looking forward to this at all but I'm glad everything is being put out there, because it needs to be.

I feel the same way. I'm glad they're getting the information out but I'm starting to think I might not watch this one.

I enjoyed watching Toy Story 1 and 2 but when 3 came out they said "It's guaranteed to make you cry" so I never watched it.

I'll wait to read the comments about season 2 before deciding whether to take the risk of watching it.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The 20 minute sneak peek is on again at 12:42 a.m. EST (Eastern Time U.S.)

Then, later in the day is scheduled some of the episodes from Season One (which I believe are also available for free at this time on A&E's website.)
http://www.aetv.com/schedule?month=8&day=15&year=2017

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remi...on-1/episode-7/bonus-christie-tells-her-story

The re-broadcast on A & E at 12:42am coincided with Leah's appearance with Seth Meyer on NBC.
Leah, it seems, is everywhere!

No fair-minded person could possibly exonerate Scientology after watching this.
Bring tissues, not popcorn, when you watch.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

If any documentary concerning CoS isn't disturbing it's only because it's failing to show the true nature of this organization.

This initial episode will send outrage about Scientology amongst the general public into highest ever levels.

Even amongst a prison population, those who abuse and exploit children are treated very harshly and have a very rough time of it.

HelluvaHoax!

--snipped--
If any documentary concerning CoS isn't disturbing it's only because it's failing to show the true nature of this organization.

This initial episode will send outrage about Scientology amongst the general public into highest ever levels.

An undeniably devastating revelation about the cult! A nuclear mass media humiliation for the criminal "religious" racket that believes it has the right to abuse & destroy others "without remorse".

Considering the nature of this 1st episode of the new season (and "The Aftermath" series itself!) I can't actually think of another single event in the cult's 67 year history that rises to this level of PR meltdown. Certainly there have been plenty of attempts to rid the world of this vampiric menace.

Some of the major ones that quickly come to mind include:

-- "Going Clear" feature length documentary on HBO

-- The 3-part "Scientology:The Truth Rundown" series in the Tampa Bay Times newspaper.

-- The FBI raids (re: "Operation Snow White") culminating in the arrest, indictment, conviction and prison sentences for Scientology's top 11 management execs, including Mary Sue Hubbard.

-- The epic war started by Scientology against the internet in 2007, when it attempted to game, bully and eradicate criticism about itself online. In fact, this month (August 2017 ) marks the tenth year anniversary of Scientology being caught deleting whistleblowing facts about itself on Wikipedia, resulting in the cult being banned from making edits to wiki content. (link HERE)

I think that last entry (above) is best considered to be one slow-motion, decade-long, train wreck for Scientology that included an ever-cascading series of toppling dominoes, including but not limited to: The Tom Cruise video, Anonymous, Desertion of the vast majority of Scientology's top management and technical leaders. Whistleblowing articles, tv/radio interviews, blogs, books, films and documentaries where Scientology was exposed for all its criminal cultic abuses.

It is my belief that "The Aftermath" series on A&E marks the culmination and climax of Scientology's "Decade of Degradation & Debunking".

It doesn't get any worse than this, PR-wise. My God, what business in the world has ever had an entire TV series dedicated to destroying its lies, fraud, abuses, crimes and customer base?!

I would suggest that Leah/Mike's dramatic series has risen to Shakespearean tragic proportions, crescendoing in this 2nd season. It's likely the end of ACT II, allowing Scientology's ACT III to begin. What will ACT III be? I think it can only be one thing and one thing only--the INVESTIGATION, DE-POWERING & DISMANTLEMENT of Scientology's fraud/terror rackets through regulatory agencies (e.g. IRS, Criminal Courts, Civil Courts, Consumer Protection Agencies, et al).

History teaches that Scientology (and other tyrannical regimes/rackets) are not felled by one single blow. Rather, they are incapacitated in tiny increments, much like the many tiny strings that debilitated the gargantuan Gulliver. For example, 10 short years ago it would have been almost inconceivable that publishers and tv networks would have dared to run anti-Scn material--for fear of suffering eternal vexaxious litigation, financial losses, fair gaming and their own demise for daring to reveal the cult's secrets. That threat has now been vanquished entirely and anyone can publish anything anytime--with the chained and toothless cult just feebly barking and issuing anonymous, effete legal ultimatums that others simply laugh at and ignore (and likely post online to drive the wooden stake even deeper into the vampiric cult's heart).

All this, yet Scientology has NO RESPONSE OF ANY KIND AT ALL. They are effectively paralyzed by the crushing entheta tsunami. No cult spokesperson dares to come on "THE AFTERMATH" to represent them. The A&E series continually runs a scroll in each episode making it perfectly clear that the COS declined to be interviewed or participate in the show to defend itself! Imagine that! A multi-billion dollar international corporation is afraid to even TRY to defend itself! That's the dashboard gauge that betrays the cult's dirty little secret--that they're running on empty and have no defense!

And that they are terrified and by declining to show up, admitting that it's no longer even worth trying to defend the indefensible.

[gotta go.......when I have time later today, I might even try to proofread this post and clean up the typos and grammatical goofs]

HelluvaHoax!

So, what then IS the cult's strategy--with all these apocalyptically toxic media beat-downs swirling around them?

OSA SENIOR EXEC
Sir, we tried everything you said, but Leah's show
is going on the air despite all our threats!

COB
No problem.

OSA SENIOR EXEC
Whuuuuutt, sir?

COB
Nothing to worry about. I have been researching the history
of the Roman Empire that flourished and prospered for centuries!
We are going to follow their successful actions!

OSA SENIOR EXEC
Wow! I can't believe you discovered the
WHY and the HANDLING sir!

COB
I'll release my discoveries in writing to the world as soon
as I finish reading the last chapter of the book
"THE RISE & FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE".

OSA SENIOR EXEC
Wow, sir, you are just as OT as the Commodore!
What's the last chapter about?

COB
Nothing I don't already know. Something
about one of their emperors named Nero and a fire. . .