What's new

Leaving Scientology

Anonycat

Crusader
Here's the link to the below story: http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/paranoia-strikes-deep/

March 17, 2010

I heard a heartbreaking story the other day, one that demonstrates both the arrogance of the Church of Scientology and their growing paranoia.

It concerns a prominent Scientologist, let’s call him Dr. X. Dr X and his wife have been Scientologists in good standing for many years. While not super-rich, Dr. X has given the Church hundreds of thousands of dollars, for his own Bridge, his wife’s Bridge, and large contributions to the IAS and the Superpower Building.

His wife completed OT VIII, then was told she was “not Clear” and ordered by the C/S to redo her Bridge from the ground up. This is par for the course with OT VIIIs by the way (see “Messin’ with the VIIIs,” Parts I and II). And of course as soon as this pronouncement was made, a team of Reges – reportedly four people – descended on Dr. X to get the money for this “program.” Dr. X complied, giving them over $100,000. His wife then began auditing on NED. As one might expect, it did not go well. She ran badly on NED, but they just kept grinding away. Mrs. X began to doubt the program, doubt her C/S and doubt Scientology. She ended up in Ethics.

Along came the March 13th event, last week. Being good Scientologists, Dr. X and his wife planned to go to the live event in Clearwater. But when they arrived, they found that in order to sit in the main event space, they would have to go through security screening. That’s right, everyone sitting in the main event space, in the sainted presence of David Miscavige, had to have Ethics clearance. They had to present a numbered ticket and photo ID proving who they were.

It seems they have gotten wind of some of the internet chat amongst Scientologists talking about standing up and protesting Church abuses and mismanagement at a live event.

So Dr. and Mrs. X were not allowed to sit together at the event. She was shunted off to a special tent for people deemed to be “out-Ethics” or “Disaffected.” Second class citizens.

Can you imagine? People who are staunch Scientologists, who have given hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Church, who have devoted their lives to the Church, who have reached the top of the Bridge, treated like that? Disconnected right at an Int event? Forbidden to sit together? It boggles the mind.

The Church wonders why an estimated 70% of their field is now “disaffected.” They blame “the SPs.” They blame the drug companies. They blame Anonymous. They never consider that it’s their own staggering arrogance and paranoia.

Don’t worry OSA, Dr. X is still a dedicated member of the Church

How long he will remain so, I can’t say.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Amazing how rude and obnoxious the Co$ is...

And geez... c'mon ordered to redo the bridge?

It's all about mind control. The wife hasn't fully swallowed her medicine.

Hopefully she'll throw it all up before long....

Michel

Patron with Honors
In 2006, when i was Solo Nots D of P, ALL OT7s and OT8s folders were reviewed by RTC and SNR C/S FSO to check if the "Clear" cog has been originated by the PC.

If there wasn't evidences that the Clear cog was originated then the OT7 or OT8 would get in session with a CL9 auditor to get more NED Auditing @ $7,000 per intensive. This is the famous "Advanced Program".

Just to put the ruds in would take 1 intensive.

Many became disaffected when they were told that they weren't Clear and had to re do it.

Scientology is the only business on Earth where you have to pay for the manufacturer's mistakes.

Hope Dr X has still a minimum of personal integrity to throw away this BS.

Soon, the Cult is going to put a badge on the "ethics-particles", like Hitler did with the Jews.:duh:

Michel.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
In 2006, when i was Solo Nots D of P, ALL OT7s and OT8s folders were reviewed by RTC and SNR C/S FSO to check if the "Clear" cog has been originated by the PC.

If there wasn't evidences that the Clear cog was originated then the OT7 or OT8 would get in session with a CL9 auditor to get more NED Auditing @ $7,000 per intensive. This is the famous "Advanced Program".

Many became disaffected when they were told that they weren't Clear and had to re do it.

Scientology is the only business on Earth where you have to pay for the manufacturer's mistakes.

Soon, the Cult is going to put a badge on the "ethics-particles", like Hitler did with the Jews.:duh:

Michel.

How quickly we forget Windows & MS :D

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Michel.
Your posts and your viewpoint are very valuable, Michel.

Thank you for the information you are giving people.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Subtracting An Entheta Source

Here's the link to the below story: http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/paranoia-strikes-deep/

March 17, 2010

I heard a heartbreaking story the other day, one that demonstrates both the arrogance of the Church of Scientology and their growing paranoia.

It concerns a prominent Scientologist, let’s call him Dr. X. Dr X and his wife have been Scientologists in good standing for many years. While not super-rich, Dr. X has given the Church hundreds of thousands of dollars, for his own Bridge, his wife’s Bridge, and large contributions to the IAS and the Superpower Building.

His wife completed OT VIII, then was told she was “not Clear” and ordered by the C/S to redo her Bridge from the ground up. This is par for the course with OT VIIIs by the way (see “Messin’ with the VIIIs,” Parts I and II). And of course as soon as this pronouncement was made, a team of Reges – reportedly four people – descended on Dr. X to get the money for this “program.” Dr. X complied, giving them over $100,000. His wife then began auditing on NED. As one might expect, it did not go well. She ran badly on NED, but they just kept grinding away. Mrs. X began to doubt the program, doubt her C/S and doubt Scientology. She ended up in Ethics.

Along came the March 13th event, last week. Being good Scientologists, Dr. X and his wife planned to go to the live event in Clearwater. But when they arrived, they found that in order to sit in the main event space, they would have to go through security screening. That’s right, everyone sitting in the main event space, in the sainted presence of David Miscavige, had to have Ethics clearance. They had to present a numbered ticket and photo ID proving who they were.

It seems they have gotten wind of some of the internet chat amongst Scientologists talking about standing up and protesting Church abuses and mismanagement at a live event.

So Dr. and Mrs. X were not allowed to sit together at the event. She was shunted off to a special tent for people deemed to be “out-Ethics” or “Disaffected.” Second class citizens.

Can you imagine? People who are staunch Scientologists, who have given hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Church, who have devoted their lives to the Church, who have reached the top of the Bridge, treated like that? Disconnected right at an Int event? Forbidden to sit together? It boggles the mind.

The Church wonders why an estimated 70% of their field is now “disaffected.” They blame “the SPs.” They blame the drug companies. They blame Anonymous. They never consider that it’s their own staggering arrogance and paranoia.

Don’t worry OSA, Dr. X is still a dedicated member of the Church

How long he will remain so, I can’t say.

I do realize that it is not a panecea, but subtracting DM's entheta would

cause great relief for starters and then the CO$ could LOOK at things clearer.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
From Michel: "Soon, the Cult is going to put a badge on the "ethics-particles", like Hitler did with the Jews."

This is the type of thing that is just difficult for people to face. Many U.S. citizens didn't even want to know what was happening in Germany and in other countries when Hitler was in power. They were too comfortable.
The Jews were not comfortable, however. Nor were the Poles. Russia finally defeated a compromised Berlin resulting in Hitler and Goebbels' suicides.

The c of s. although it had funds untold to it's great advantage, continues to compromise themselves. They will shrink. Be careful in taking that for granted. :no: We need to keep the pressure on.

"Ethics is a personal thing" said Hubbard. Oh, I don't think so!!!
I think Michel is correct.