What's new

Leaving the Church and the Code of Honor

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
Very true Opter!

But, they also have to DISRESPECT it if their senior tells them to look at the "other" policy on "being willing to invade another's space" in order to help them, reg them & handle them. Not wanting to discuss something in auditing is, similarly, handled by using Prompters ("...have you thought of something that you think would make me think less of you?" etc.) or in perhaps by pulling withholds.

The policy on "HANDLING THE PUBLIC INDIVIDUAL" is crystal clear that the public is NOT allowed to decide anything, ever.

So, while what you say is perfectly true....there are other perfectly TRUE-ER policies. That is the trick of Scientology. It is all good things to all people--and never the cause of anything bad to anyone ever. It is a mirror of what you just said you like...or a reverse mirror of what you said you hate. It's always perfectly what it needs to be moment to moment.

The ever-changing colors of the Church of Chameleon-ology!

So which one (1) of the two (2) contrary policies do they HAVE TO respect the most?

The one that doesn't get them sent to the RPF, I would safely guess.

I totally agree with what you say, I just used point#8 to my own advantage:).

In the "Hard Sell pack" it is written that they use hard sell on a person because they CARE for the person. :no: What a lot of c..p.:yes:

Opter

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
In the "Hard Sell pack" it is written that they use hard sell on a person because they CARE for the person. :no: What a lot of c..p.:yes:Opter

:roflmao: I don't know what to make of it... It's probably just an unexplainable coincidence that the religion of Scientology only happens to "care for" people who have cash.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
I think the Code of Honor is a nice peice of work. Very nice.
One could boil it all down to just being honorable though as an honorable person would have those responses and lead his life in that way.
LRH just illaborated on different ways where one could apply honor.
He did that in much of his writing--expounding on truths when he could have just said it simply.

The problem with it being in perview of the Cof$ is that they have little honor so it makes it all seem like a joke.
They are the joke.
So much so, in fact, that one hardly needs a Code of Honor to figure that out.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Very good point.

But allegiance to what? Allegiance to whom?

What if the group to which one pledged allegiance was not what it represented itself to be? Was not the grant of allegiance to the group as it represented itself to be?

What if the group to which one pledged changed after one made the commitment?

Excellent points, KK,

Too much 'responsibility' is a one-way street in the cult. Whether they like it or not, both sides need to fulfill their side of a bargain, or it's not a valid agreement.

This is why they never go after anyone legally over 'freeloaders debts' for instance. The idea is you violated your agreement to a period of time in service to an 'org' (a billion years in the S.laves O.rg!) so you now owe for the 'services' you got free.

Sorry, so many promises are violated it would get laughed out of court, and they know it.

I not only don't owe my allegiance to this misrepresented mind control cult, I feel my only responsibility is to tell the truth about what I know about it, in order to help others from being caught in its evil trap.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

In the "Hard Sell pack" it is written that they use hard sell on a person because they CARE for the person. :no: What a lot of c..p.:yes:

Opter

That's one of the evil things about the cult passing for ethics. Virtually anything that promotes the 'only hope for mankind', no matter how heinous, could be justified under their system of 'ethics'

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Rmack,

The so-called free-loader's debt is unenforceable (unless one wants to go back).
For example, I have never heard of anyone having this show up on their credit history.

Has anyone here had a "freeloader's debt" appear on their credit history?
I'd like to read about it from anyone who has had this happen.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Rmack,

The so-called free-loader's debt is unenforceable (unless one wants to go back).
For example, I have never heard of anyone having this show up on their credit history.

Has anyone here had a "freeloader's debt" appear on their credit history?
I'd like to read about it from anyone who has had this happen.

exactly!