What's new

Left Decades Ago, Deprogramming for 3 Years

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi.

Yikes! I started crying as I began to write this intro... wtf?

My mind and decades of my life have been destroyed by Co$.

I realized only 3 years ago that virtually EVERYTHING I had learned in $cientology was and is a lie. Then came the dizzy gut wrenching beginning of my return to reality. It has taken me years to continue snipping out the programming and $cio-speak: their weird brainwashing technique of replacing your language with their own.

I still work, less often now, at removing everything I've ever been programmed with: all those $%#@$#$% courses and retrains and misunderstoods and cramming and %#%$#^$%& TR's!!!

This is, I guess, no time to feel sorry for myself.

I do wish to apologize to everyone I've ever attacked, defending hubbard's greedy satanic cult. Sweet Mother of God in Heaven I was a basta*d!! I am sorry. I would undo it all, if I could. I can't. A million all-apologies.

I just wish I was stronger and could talk my friends out of this cult when I bump into them. They still prattle on about new missions opening, taking over the planet, getting back on lines, etc. What am I supposed to do?

Not much of an intro maybe, best I could (lol - I was going to type 'muster') come up with.

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
Hi.

I realized only 3 years ago that virtually EVERYTHING I had learned in $cientology was and is a lie. Then came the dizzy gut wrenching beginning of my return to reality. It has taken me years to continue snipping out the programming and $cio-speak: their weird brainwashing technique of replacing your language with their own.

I still work, less often now, at removing everything I've ever been programmed with: all those $%#@$#$% courses and retrains and misunderstoods and cramming and %#%$#^$%& TR's!!!

I do wish to apologize to everyone I've ever attacked, defending hubbard's greedy satanic cult. Sweet Mother of God in Heaven I was a basta*d!! I am sorry. I would undo it all, if I could. I can't. A million all-apologies.

I just wish I was stronger and could talk my friends out of this cult when I bump into them. They still prattle on about new missions opening, taking over the planet, getting back on lines, etc. What am I supposed to do?

Not much of an intro maybe, best I could (lol - I was going to type 'muster') come up with.

Welcome aboard.

Well done on your deprogramming. No doubt it takes some time.

And don't feel sorry for anything, it won't help you get over it. Your friends are stil in because they want to. You cannot talk them out of it, just be a good example of a thriving ex and they will follow suit when they are ready.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
:goodposting::welcome: The Great Zorg

One thing you could do is ask for lots of details and tell them you want to tell your new friends about all the expansion (without meaningful public stats).

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Welcome O Great Zorg, may you find yourself at last, it takes a while but excellent that youve made that step to post, I think it must be worse than bungie jumping!

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Welcome Great Zog.

I was in the cult for 27 years and I've been out for 10. It gets better over time, at least it did for me.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Zog. My first post would have been pretty much the same if I had the balls you did and posted months earlier. I felt very much the same.

Welcome. I don't know if I know you - but if we ever did have a run in while still "in", I will forgive you if you fogive me :).

Keep posting and reading, it really does help.

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Zorg, glad you're here. I was in for 11 years and have been out since 1986. I got onto the internet in 2006 and only then began my own "deprogramming". It can take time.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
It has taken me years to continue snipping out the programming and $cio-speak: their weird brainwashing technique of replacing your language with their own.

:welcome: I would say give up on the deprogramming cycle and just accept what you did as history and not current. I can't believe how much SCNese I can understand and speak after nearly 20 years of hiding from it. Also, hanging around here brings it back. Enjoy your freedom, read, learn, and improve yourself sans scn. Keep posting, it helps!!!! ESMB is a great place.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now that you're here!

:wave::welcome: TGZorg! :clap: We all shed tears who had traffic with the cult. :yes: Sometime the tears are predictable, sometimes not. :no:

Tell something you recall and can write about without too much trepidation first. :)

We love stories! :eyeroll::thumbsup:

EP

byte301

Crusader
I have a feeling you are going to come out of this in good shape. I mean, come on!

Anyone who has the name Great Zorg has to prevail. :happydance:

Welcome to ESMB, where the men are all good looking, the women are strong, and the kids are all above average.:yes:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: TGZ - my advice is lurk lots, post at will and pay close attention to HelluvaHoax as he'll have you cracking up with laughter at the absurdities of what we've all been through.:yes:

Best therapy eva! :thumbsup:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi.

This is an excellent intro. It's yours. It's real and it's a start on opening up to the larger sphere. Your feeling of loss is something many of us are familiar with, it's like the Truman Show. It takes time. Welcome to ESMB and the wonders of life outside of Scn.

Best wishes,
'Mary McConnell'

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Wecome to ESMB The Great Zorg! :welcome:

You'll be OK TGZ! - Liberal profanity about Hubbard and Scientology is a sure sign of healthy recovery!
:welcome: I would say give up on the deprogramming cycle and just accept what you did as history and not current. I can't believe how much SCNese I can understand and speak after nearly 20 years of hiding from it. Also, hanging around here brings it back. Enjoy your freedom, read, learn, and improve yourself sans scn. Keep posting, it helps!!!! ESMB is a great place.
Well said! - Treat Scientology like a farkin' implant.

Very perceptive post Mest Lover! - It's amazing to watch this messageboard working like we expected 'sessions' to do. Helping people come to realizations and regain their joy in life.. By analyzing and explaining Hubbardian mindfuckery!

I don't know if I'm helping the process any.. I usually just throw wet washcloths into the philosophical tech debate when it get's too esoteric, or too complimentary of Hubturds drivel.

I'm a stauch advocate of doubt and skeptism!

:yes:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Great Zorg, your thread is very interesting, it made me think. I had a look at my first post, over a year ago. I realised how far Ive moved on since then. I'm sure you'll get at least the same amount of benefit, this is the place for exit counselling!

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great Zorg

Cool name. I was in 7 years and have been out 14. I am still angry, but less so after hanging out here.

Love and Respect

Bob

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow

Thank you everyone for the greetings! I am having that same feeling I had when I first joined $cio decades ago. You all seem to be good people as it was with everyone 'on lines' way back when.

I am reminded again that the main problem with Co$ is NOT the people in it: there were for the most part good people and some became my best friends. We had great times and much fun. Sadly, we were all brainwashed and just kept doing what we were told, mindlessly until each of us either blew or died. That is, save for a very few that sadly have become lifers. The problem with this cult (it took me 25 years to say that word) starts with hubbard and continues now with miscavige and, like back then, a handful of hopelessly lost puppets.

Having been part of the illusion I can honestly say that we cannot just stand by and let the Co$ continue, unmonitored, untaxed and falsely represented as a church, continuing to ply their hypnotically repetitive brainwashing techniques and gestapo like enforcement on the uninformed and spiritual wounded and unguarded public.

Really, back then I was just looking for God and ended up being tricked by the devil himself. To this day I blame my desire to 'Obtain Absolute Power and Control over Matter, Energy, Space and Time' (you all know the blurb). That's God's job, not mine. How dare I desire to have the power of God?

Thank you all for being here.

Last edited: