What's new

Legal admissions-Atlanta Idle Org

skydog

Patron Meritorious
There is a lot of information posted over on WWP on the proposed Idle Org in Atlanta, GA. The boys and girls down there are not “making it go right” and the matter is now in federal court. A review of the complaint filed by the church contains some interesting admissions that show how badly the church is doing there and in other areas.

This is a verified complaint meaning that the facts have been sworn to under oath by Deborah Danos, who is listed as the president of the Church of Scientology of Georgia, Inc. Ms. Danos does not appear to be overly qualified for the job as, at least according to Kristi Wachter’s site, she has not yet attested to the state of clear.
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/deborah-danos.html

Nature of the Controversy

The action filed by the church is a rather complex lawsuit involving land use and religious freedom. The church purchased the property in the city of Sandy Springs for the purpose of creating an idle org. The building was too small for their proposed use so the church filed applications for a zoning variance to allow conversion of a basement that had been used as a parking lot by the prior owners to office space and a chapel. If approved, the variance would increase the square footage from roughly 33,000 square feet to almost 44,000 square feet.

The zoning regulations require a certain amount of parking spaces per square foot. The increase of square footage would require more parking spaces than are currently available to the church. The formula used by the city would require 148 parking spaces compared to the 81 proposed by the church. The application was denied and this lawsuit followed.

It is interesting not so much for any legal claims raised but for the factual allegations, all sworn to under oath, that paint of picture of a religion in serious freefall.

Church Membership in Atlanta, Nashville, and Buffalo

According to Paragraph 17 of the verified complaint, there are only 600 members on the church rolls in Atlanta. Of those, roughly 100 are active members. Atlanta has a population of over half a million people meaning that less than 0.0012% of its population consider themselves scientologists. Scientology has been in the city of Atlanta for over thirty years and has fewer than 1000 people to show for their presence.

As part of its submission to the planning authority, the church commissioned a traffic study by the engineering firm of Kimley-Horn to rebut the city’s contention that 148 parking spaces were needed. In Paragraph 52 of the verified complaint it alleges that Nashville most closely resembles the size and operation of the proposed Atlanta church. Based on those numbers, the church claims, under oath, it would only need 52 parking spaces. Not satisfied with that foot-bullet, they go on to allege that if the numbers were compared to the Buffalo org during “peak parking demand” they would need only 29 parking spaces (one space per 1800 feet (Paragraph 54-verified complaint). From this, we can infer that the numbers of those orgs are as bad or worse than those of Atlanta.

This is the fastest growing religion in the twentieth century!
:hysterical::hysterical:

Link to verified complaint: http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/RLUIPA-1-1.pdf

omnom

Patron with Honors
Quite interesting. I feel bad for the true believers who do want to make it right, but I still feel contempt for management who outright lie to their parishioners and to the public as a whole.

I doubt the Old Man would have let this happen. He'd just abandon the Org and move to Phoenix, leaving his debt with the little people on the org chart.

anon2019

Patron with Honors
The proposed ideal org in Inglewood has run into similar planning permission problems. Planning permission was denied in June for a 44,000 square foot 2 story building with basement. It was originally built with 54 parking spaces and to bring it up current parking requirements that number would have to be increased to 214 spaces.
In both cases had they been honest about the true numbers of expected parishioners i doubt there would have been any problems
the full decision can be found here http://www.cityofinglewood.org/agendastaffreports/06-15-10/ph-3.pdf

It is interesting not so much for any legal claims raised but for the factual allegations, all sworn to under oath, that paint of picture of a religion in serious freefall.

According to Paragraph 17 of the verified complaint, there are only 600 members on the church rolls in Atlanta. Of those, roughly 100 are active members. Atlanta has a population of over half a million people meaning that less than 0.0012% of its population consider themselves scientologists. Scientology has been in the city of Atlanta for over thirty years and has fewer than 1000 people to show for their presence.

that is less than four new active members per year in an area with population of over half a million people.

Now that is what I call growth

byte301

Crusader
Ha! What's a poor cult to do? They are so used to getting away with their bullshit. Then the internet came along.

Burn!:D

Here is a Scientologist's comment about a puff piece written about the cult's new org in Seattle

http://www.seattlepi.com/soundoff/comment.asp?articleID=424017

Ronbot shilling for the cult said:
After reading through some of these comments, I again come back to one point: Scientology continues to expand. People continue to tell each other about it -- despite critics, despite controversy, despite rumors, etc.

I almost feel sorry for them

Mystic

Crusader
In all this fkn Idle Orc carrying on Mr. David Miscavige, chief puckering asshole of the scifaggOT clan...er, cult, what continues to get me is that I don't see they are in the scifaggOT business much, but rather in the real-estate and donation scams. I've not put all this together yet, but I'm certainly continuing to look at it. It's like what they call "Scientology" is but a vehicle on top of which rides the real scam. "Scientology" more and more appears as but a hook for donations.

Doom

Lurking.
Somewhere up lines right now someone is saying "The stupid it burns!!",
or they are already on the RPF.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
In all this fkn Idle Orc carrying on Mr. David Miscavige, chief puckering asshole of the scifaggOT clan...er, cult, what continues to get me is that I don't see they are in the scifaggOT business much, but rather in the real-estate and donation scams. I've not put all this together yet, but I'm certainly continuing to look at it. It's like what they call "Scientology" is but a vehicle on top of which rides the real scam. "Scientology" more and more appears as but a hook for donations.

Brillant piece of analysis!!!!

I hope you continue to share your insights along this vein!

clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

T&H

How long can a Scientologist wear a device such as this before he realizes his butt would stop hurting if he just removed it?

Butt-Kicking-Machine[1].jpg

In Paragraph 52 of the verified complaint it alleges that Nashville most closely resembles the size and operation of the proposed Atlanta church. Based on those numbers, the church claims, under oath, it would only need 52 parking spaces. Not satisfied with that foot-bullet, they go on to allege that if the numbers were compared to the Buffalo org during “peak parking demand” they would need only 29 parking spaces (one space per 1800 feet (Paragraph 54-verified complaint).

How many of those parking spaces are used by staff members during "peak" periods?

c-orgy

Patron with Honors
Actual % of population is much lower

This is the fastest growing religion in the twentieth century!
:hysterical::hysterical:

Link to verified complaint: http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/RLUIPA-1-1.pdf

The percentage of Scns is lower when you use the count the metropolitan area. From wiki:
"The Atlanta metropolitan area or metro Atlanta, officially designated by the US Census Bureau as the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta Metropolitan Statistical Area, is ... the ninth-largest metropolitan statistical area (MSA) in the United States. In addition ...the Atlanta metropolitan area... had a total estimated population in 2009 of 5,475,213."

That is .00001% of the population, if my math is correct.

Div6

Crusader

There is an emerging pattern with these idle org buildings where it appears that they are paying above market prices for these properties. This alone makes no sense, unless the properties are being mortgaged and money is being "cashed out" of the building to prop up the cash flow. The idle orgs arent pulling enough revenue to pay their utility bills, much less anything else, and Flag GI (and resultant payments to SO Reserves) is collapsing.

The Idle Org program appears to be one huge "unusual solution" to propping up the cash flow.....think about it. Pulling 6 to 10 million out of a building re-fi is way more lucrative than regging people for services you then have to deliver (that you then CAN'T deliver, but that is a different story)....how many Idle orgs have opened in the last 12 months?

DM is a brilliant leader....he is solving it with Real Estate!

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is an emerging pattern with these idle org buildings where it appears that they are paying above market prices for these properties. This alone makes no sense, unless the properties are being mortgaged and money is being "cashed out" of the building to prop up the cash flow. The idle orgs arent pulling enough revenue to pay their utility bills, much less anything else, and Flag GI (and resultant payments to SO Reserves) is collapsing.

The Idle Org program appears to be one huge "unusual solution" to propping up the cash flow.....think about it.

Propping up the uplines cash flow at the expense of the orgs.

Yeah, it'll implode, but how long will it take?

skydog

Patron Meritorious
The percentage of Scns is lower when you use the count the metropolitan area. From wiki:
"The Atlanta metropolitan area or metro Atlanta, officially designated by the US Census Bureau as the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta Metropolitan Statistical Area, is ... the ninth-largest metropolitan statistical area (MSA) in the United States. In addition ...the Atlanta metropolitan area... had a total estimated population in 2009 of 5,475,213."

That is .00001% of the population, if my math is correct.[/QUOTE

I misplaced a decimal point in my calculations-my bad. Its even worse than I thought.:omg:

skydog

Patron Meritorious
More crazy shit

Others have posted elsewhere that the church is now involved in real estate development as opposed to spiritual salvation. The verified complaint provides further evidence that this is in fact the case. Those more familiar with the management series may see a few more outpoints in these precious quips.

Paragraph 26-the training rooms must be specially outfitted. Other paragraphs (20-31) seem to suggest that this is all dictated by church scripture.

Paragraph 32-church scriptures mandate that all orgs must include a "large public display area" complete with all their glossy pr bullshit.

Paragraph 34- church scriptures (as interpreted and handed down by CSI) require a minimum of 40,000 square feet to ensure that every step on the bridge to nowhere is covered. Another foot bullet as the complaint alleges that the Nashville Idle Org has only 38,000 square feet.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Missed witholding

I think that one of the key issues has been missed here: scientology does not need that many parking spots for their "parishioners" because very few of their "parishioners" have a vehicle; they are too poor thanks to the cult's labour enslavement for little or no wages and insanely high, mandatory set "fees" for the cult's "services". Any money an indoctrinated scientologist might have would go for the basics a scientologist must earn money for: services, loan payments for services, food, rent, clothes, cigarettes, roughly in that order. :unsure: