What's new

Leland from ESMB kicks ass

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I was halfway through the first video and had to stop to write this.

Leland, while I admire your willingness to step out and protest, I have to tell you that this seems to me to be a suicide mission that you are on.

First off, It is never safe to protest alone. Especially in Clearwater, video camera or not.

Nor is it safe to get lippy with a police officer, whether he's on the cult payroll or not. Look at what happened in part as a result of that? He started in looking and trailing you, looking into your car and generally doing the opposite of anything you seemed to have initially wanted to gain with him.

Why argue with a cop-for-hire about property boundaries, and those in and out of the no-protest zone when all you had to do is get copies of the street maps from the city or the police that show the boundaries, and copies of the property lins from the assessor site for each properties so you could say " It shows here that I can" or "cannot be in this area"? Why argue with him when all you needed was to do a 'dox or stfu' and prove your point? Going in unprepared is dangerous.

Lastly, I have no idea why you would think Sea Org members ( or anyone for that matter ) would even care if they heard someone shout "David Miscavige bought a million dollar stereo with your money". It's such an outrageous statement, true or not, it would be ignored. Even I ignored it.

Shouting " Please report to Int Base immediately!" ??? WTF.

Onto the second video...
And "Where's Ivan Oblinsky (sic)" ? That's not even how you say his name. And he's been out of the SO for years but is still a scientologist. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?15187-Ivan-Obolensky

You need to lurk moar

You need to do more homework before you throw yourself to these wolves. It's too dangerous.

I know you are trying to help but I don't think you are. I think you are setting yourself for entanglements, consequences you may not have considered. Please be careful.

Last edited:

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
Relaying a message:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/leland-from-esmb-kicks-ass.118440/#post-2454433

This is a good example of how not to protest the cult. It's factually how to HELP the cult due to such a footbullet way of protesting.

Much of the first video is about Leland literally getting in the face of not one but two Clearwater police officers with his camera and arguing with them.

Not only that, he doxes his own car and license plate on his own video. OK, maybe he doesn't care. But then he doesn't even edit out how the officer comments about the trash inside it.

He yells crazy ass shit at a couple of sea orgers, "David Miscavige spent $10 million on a stereo". While the police are now following him because he is acting so nuts. So yes, guess who comes across as insane? Clue: it's not the police or the culties.

I could go on, but you get the idea. All this does is make the protestor look worse than the cult, gets the police on their side, etc. I didn't even bother watching the second video.

Video rating: 0/10.

Protip to Leland (or KittyKatSpanker if you can relay this to him): "Protesting" the cult by getting in the grill of the popo and acting so nuts that people maybe believe that you're the crazy one will not end well for you. Please look into another way of helping to expose the cult. Or else we'll be seeing your next vids entitled, "Leland from ESMB gets his ass kicked."

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Catch up, Leland. Ivan Obolensky blew the cult in the 90's. He now lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Mary Jo Smith-Obolensky.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?15187-Ivan-Obolensky&p=341998&viewfull=1#post341998

https://www.facebook.com/maryjo.smithobolensky.5

Leland did the critics no favors acting the way he did with the Clearwater Police. The CPD has a hard road to travel being public servants in a city overwhelmed by Scientologists. The cops on the street follow orders; they are not in the command hierarchy that makes departmental decisions when it comes to the cult.

He treated the officers horribly & he was very disrespectful toward them. It's no wonder the officers looked at him like he was a raving lunatic.

Xander & others at Flagdown did it right. They were respectful to the CPD & in return, the CPD was respectful & polite to the protesters.

Leland

Crusader
Catch up, Leland. Ivan Obolensky blew the cult in the 90's. He now lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Mary Jo Smith-Obolensky.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?15187-Ivan-Obolensky&p=341998&viewfull=1#post341998

https://www.facebook.com/maryjo.smithobolensky.5

Leland did the critics no favors acting the way he did with the Clearwater Police. The CPD has a hard road to travel being public servants in a city overwhelmed by Scientologists. The cops on the street follow orders; they are not in the command hierarchy that makes departmental decisions when it comes to the cult.

He treated the officers horribly & he was very disrespectful toward them. It's no wonder the officers looked at him like he was a raving lunatic.

Xander & others at Flagdown did it right. They were respectful to the CPD & in return, the CPD was respectful & polite to the protesters.

The problem is I don't have video of the way the Clearwater Police Department off duty Officers working for the Cult had treated me since back in November of 2013 when I first went there to protest. I was threated by them numerous times with arrest. One even threated to arrest me "because I made fun of their leader's hair." And there was the "umbrella incedent" in which I asked for Clearwater police help as at least 7 cult security had open umbrellas all around my person while another cult security held an electronic noise emitting device near my face. The Police just watched.

I have a lot more to say about it....but this will suffice.:)

Leland

Crusader
I was halfway through the first video and had to stop to write this.

Leland, while I admire your willingness to step out and protest, I have to tell you that this seems to me to be a suicide mission that you are on.

First off, It is never safe to protest alone. Especially in Clearwater, video camera or not.

Nor is it safe to get lippy with a police officer, whether he's on the cult payroll or not. Look at what happened in part as a result of that? He started in looking and trailing you, looking into your car and generally doing the opposite of anything you seemed to have initially wanted to gain with him.

Why argue with a cop-for-hire about property boundaries, and those in and out of the no-protest zone when all you had to do is get copies of the street maps from the city or the police that show the boundaries, and copies of the property lins from the assessor site for each properties so you could say " It shows here that I can" or "cannot be in this area"? Why argue with him when all you needed was to do a 'dox or stfu' and prove your point? Going in unprepared is dangerous.

Lastly, I have no idea why you would think Sea Org members ( or anyone for that matter ) would even care if they heard someone shout "David Miscavige bought a million dollar stereo with your money". It's such an outrageous statement, true or not, it would be ignored. Even I ignored it.

Shouting " Please report to Int Base immediately!" ??? WTF.

Onto the second video...
And "Where's Ivan Oblinsky (sic)" ? That's not even how you say his name. And he's been out of the SO for years but is still a scientologist. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?15187-Ivan-Obolensky

You need to lurk moar

You need to do more homework before you throw yourself to these wolves. It's too dangerous.

I know you are trying to help but I don't think you are. I think you are setting yourself for entanglements, consequences you may not have considered. Please be careful.

I believe the $10 million dollars for stereo equipment line....came from one of the Claire Headley videos on WWP. She worked closely with David Miscavige. She stated that Miscavige had spent $10 million on various stereos for his residences.

Anonycat

Crusader
The problem is I don't have video of the way the Clearwater Police Department off duty Officers working for the Cult had treated me since back in November of 2013 when I first went there to protest. I was threated by them numerous times with arrest. One even threated to arrest me "because I made fun of their leader's hair." And there was the "umbrella incedent" in which I asked for Clearwater police help as at least 7 cult security had open umbrellas all around my person while another cult security held an electronic noise emitting device near my face. The Police just watched.

I have a lot more to say about it....but this will suffice.:)

It frightens me that you feel this is a justification. If something funny happened between you and an officer, you need to report them with name, badge number, and supporting evidence. Here, you can be arrested for assault for getting in someone's face. Not something you'd want to do to a cop, or anyone.

Leland

Crusader
After my first several Protests....last Nov at GAT II and last March at the Birthday event....I was treated so badly by the Clearwater Police....that i contacted a law firm and asked them to take my case against them.

I informed the CWPD of this....and contacted the Chief of Police there....and they have "backed off" somewhat.

Leland

Crusader
It frightens me that you feel this is a justification. If something funny happened between you and an officer, you need to report them with name, badge number, and supporting evidence. Here, you can be arrested for assault for getting in someone's face. Not something you'd want to do to a cop, or anyone.

I think you have entirely missed the point of my video. Clearwater Police on duty for C of S are not acting IMPARTIAL.

And further seems to be trying to " make a pass at me ", he should go to a gay bar instead. For this "Police OFficer" to say to me his body is "a whole lotta good stuff to look at" while wearing his official uniform, is simply outrageous.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

This is, exactly, why you should take AnonyMary's advice to heart. No solo protests in Clearwater. You're digging yourself a hole & waiting for the cult to push you in it, i.e., entrapment on a manufactured charge.

The police are no different than thousands of people today who question "what's wrong with Scientology?" They are ignorant to it's history of criminality & abuse. What most rank-and-file cops in Clearwater know about Scientology is what they personally observe.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Leland, I have a question. Why were you protesting alone instead of joining the Flag Down group on Saturday, May 10th? :confused2:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Leland, I know your intentions are good but I believe you are achieving the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve and the cult look like the sane ones as a result.

Please don't drag ESMB into your protests in any way.

:no:

Anonycat

Crusader
I think you have entirely missed the point of my video. Clearwater Police on duty for C of S are not acting IMPARTIAL.

And further seems to be trying to " make a pass at me ", he should go to a gay bar instead. For this "Police OFficer" to say to me his body is "a whole lotta good stuff to look at" while wearing his official uniform, is simply outrageous.

Again, no. If you have a legitimate complaint, please do what I suggested about filing a report. Otherwise, quit looking for a fight. Critics already know how this ends.

Gib

Crusader
Well Leland,

I give you a A+ for effort.

And I give you A+++++++++ for having balls the size of Old St. Hill.

I actually thought your protest was OK, refinement might be order in what you communicated like Mary above says.

Your confront of shattering suppression is much higher than the clams. :laugh:

For some reason you reminded me of Number 6, only in the reverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalndXdxriI

Leland

Crusader
This is, exactly, why you should take AnonyMary's advice to heart. No solo protests in Clearwater. You're digging yourself a hole & waiting for the cult to push you in it, i.e., entrapment on a manufactured charge.

The police are no different than thousands of people today who question "what's wrong with Scientology?" They are ignorant to it's history of criminality & abuse. What most rank-and-file cops in Clearwater know about Scientology is what they personally observe.

Smurf......in your opinion, do you think he was cruzing me a bit?

Leland

Crusader
Again, no. If you have a legitimate complaint, please do what I suggested about filing a report. Otherwise, quit looking for a fight. Critics already know how this ends.

I have already filed an Official Complaint with the Clearwater Police Department. I did so months ago. :eyeroll:

Leland

Crusader
Leland, I have a question. Why were you protesting alone instead of joining the Flag Down group on Saturday, May 10th? :confused2:

l'm a late sleeper. I got to Clearwater that Saturday around 3pm or a bit later and those protesters had already left....to get pizza.

Plus, I do somewhat of a one man protest.

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think Leland kicks ass!
So what if his protest didn't go exactly as smooth effortless and seemless as everyone else wants it to. At least Leland is making some beautifull solo noise and getting a message out to the world. He didn't get arrested(this time). Hasn't been killed yet. Good on ya Leland! You put alot of effort into that and I think you deserve to give yourself a rest now and a much easyer picket next time. Thank You for carring!

As far as picketing alone- where would the world be without some gutsy pioneers? But Leland, I think it's time to do a few safe conservative pickets before you push your luck again.

Leland

Crusader

Leland, I know your intentions are good but I believe you are achieving the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve and the cult look like the sane ones as a result.

Please don't drag ESMB into your protests in any way.

:no:

I'm not trying to drag anyone into anything.....I am not associating with anyone in regards to my protests.