What's new

Leon's Tech Page

Aiki

Patron with Honors
Affluence, a sudden increase and thus inflow of something. Could well be £100,000.

Paying off all debts etc. as stated is said for a reason, an ethical reason.

Firstly, who said having a mortgage was ethical? A mortgage is a debt, a really big one, so you being in debt are not creating an optimum scene are you? So right there you are creating a negative condition which don't end till you've paid it off.

Might be normal but normal ain't the subject.

So basically that formula reads handle all negative conditions possible in essence.

But you have to be able to confront that you do have them of course.:coolwink:

Affluence aint most times anything to do with money. It's so simple and obvious that most people in life let alone anywhere else know this formula.

Feel extra good (affluence) then use that to do things you didn't feel like doing before.

A realization is also an affluence. Once again you'll find yourself clearing up negatives with that extra new energy. Simple isn't it?

Confront makes things simple. Non confront makes things complex and sees simple as simplistic.:)

According to me of course:coolwink:

Peace.Aiki.

Terril park

Sponsor
According to the affluence formula one is to pay off every penny owed under the stars moon and sun

So accordingly if one follows this literally one would pay off their mortgage.

I will not deny that there are some situations where one should pay off their mortgage.

However the affluence formula, dare I say it, is quite one dimensional when it comes to finance.

So Johnnie Scientologist has $100,000 and can pay the mortgage off which just happens to be slightly less than 100,000. THe interest rate on the mortgage is 5 1/2 %

I bet he feels so good about having applied the Afluence formula to the tee and I am sure he gave this as a win at muster.

Johnnie no longer has to make the mortgage payments and now has the mortgage payments to keep and spend in any shape manner and form. He is still in affluence by the Ethics standards and now he can invest the this money in a service facility such as his bridge to total nowhere and if he needs to skip a bridge payment for somethign important or an emergency he can do so.

But Sammy Squirell, who has the exact same typeo of mortgage and $100,000, does some research and notices that he can buy a 30 year $100,000 bond which pays 8% and that he will get $4,000 coupons every 6 months.

So Sammy does this. He uses some of the money to cover any shortcomings he has in his monthly payments of his mortgage has leftover money to set aside for retirment in an IRA.

Plus he gets to put his mortgage interest on his Schedule A so he gets back perhaps anotehr 15 % of the mortgatge interest he paid last year.

Both of them have houses that can go up or down in value.

Sammy has a $100,000 that remains stable.

According to Hubbard's Affluence formula Johnnie is doing better than Sammy because he applied his 100% workable Ethics Technology.

The sad thing I see is that if Johnnie tried to do what Sammy did he would be sent to cramming at his own cost because he did not apply standard Scientology L Ron Hubbard Etthcis Tech.

Not to worry.

Johnnie is sure to write a nice meaty beefy big and bouncy Success Story.

Rd00

Lol!

Don't think a simple affluence formula can be expected to take
account of all the financial scams and manipulation available today.

Or that the banks and big accounting names basically rip of everyone
by telling lies.

Its a broad strokes guidence IMO.

By your statements someone renting is being financially astute, and
yet never getting a financial return for his outlay.

Those with a mortgage must automatically go straight back to a lower condition if that week they didn't earn enough to pay of the mortgage.
So they end up doing an incorrect condition.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
seems to me that hubbard based all this on some societal and financial condition of "normal", whatever his defininition of that was. not taking into account inflation, deflation or downright financilal collapse. knowledge is not a static, and "thetans" arent either.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lol!

Don't think a simple affluence formula can be expected to take
account of all the financial scams and manipulation available today.

How is it that scams and manipulation are thrown into this discussion?

Or that the banks and big accounting names basically rip of everyone
by telling lies.

Again how is it that this is being thrown into the discussion. It has nothing to do with the two examples I was making

Its a broad strokes guidence IMO.

By your statements someone renting is being financially astute, and
yet never getting a financial return for his outlay.

Terril, which statement is that? I do not make any reference nor inference to renting.

Those with a mortgage must automatically go straight back to a lower condition if that week they didn't earn enough to pay of the mortgage.
So they end up doing an incorrect condition.

But my discussion was not about this hypothetical situation that seems to have been arbitrarily thrown into the discussion.

Rd00

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I mentioned on a thread of TAJ's that all truth is contextual. Change the context and you change the truth of the datum you consider to be true.

So when considering "truths" like those Hubbard gives in his conditions and formulas they need to be evaluated firstly in terms of the social context that prevailed at that time. I don't think he had in mind that the entire banking industry would become overtly criminal, or that governments would engage in perpetual war with countries they did not approve of. I think he still perceived general society as being led by people who, though perhaps misguided in some aspects, were still basically trying to do good to their fellow men.

Mortgages are a case in point. Back in the sixties it was a way in which banks made it possible for people to become homeowners. Today it is a means by which banks financially enslave their customers to their service, and it is intended by the banks that it be so. Most marriages then were a means by which couples in love stabilized their relationship and contracted to a mutual support system. Today it often is no more than a means for the one party to enrich self at the expense of the other. Considerations of loyalty and mutual support are seen as belonging to a quaint bygone era.

One should never be literal about these formulas. Do that and you'll always go wrong.

= = ==

I like what Navigator has posted and would like to hear more from you. More please.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Affluence, a sudden increase and thus inflow of something. Could well be £100,000.

Paying off all debts etc. as stated is said for a reason, an ethical reason.

Firstly, who said having a mortgage was ethical? A mortgage is a debt, a really big one, so you being in debt are not creating an optimum scene are you? So right there you are creating a negative condition which don't end till you've paid it off.

Might be normal but normal ain't the subject.

So basically that formula reads handle all negative conditions possible in essence.

But you have to be able to confront that you do have them of course.:coolwink:

Affluence aint most times anything to do with money. It's so simple and obvious that most people in life let alone anywhere else know this formula.

Feel extra good (affluence) then use that to do things you didn't feel like doing before.

A realization is also an affluence. Once again you'll find yourself clearing up negatives with that extra new energy. Simple isn't it?

Confront makes things simple. Non confront makes things complex and sees simple as simplistic.:)

According to me of course:coolwink:

Peace.Aiki.

Regarding mortgages...

Let's look at this from the perspective of assets and liabilities.

You own a house. The house has a value of $200,000. This means you have an asset of $200,000
You have a mortgage on the house. The mortgage is valued at $100,000. The $100,000 is the present value of the future mortgage payments. It is the current principal owed on the property. This means you have a liability of $100,000

So you have an asset of $200,000 and a liability of $100,000.

So please elaborate on this problem that exists with the mortgage?

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
For the sake of disclosure I want to clarify that one is not always going to be able to find a 30 year bond that had a higher interest rate than a mortgage rate.

But the example was meant to show that there is no one solution of paying every penny owed under the start etc.

The big problem I see is that in the Church one is dealign with Ethics Officers and registrars who might not have finished a high school education let alone taken courses in financial mathematics.

Rd00

Terril park

Sponsor
For the sake of disclosure I want to clarify that one is not always going to be able to find a 30 year bond that had a higher interest rate than a mortgage rate.

But the example was meant to show that there is no one solution of paying every penny owed under the start etc.

The big problem I see is that in the Church one is dealign with Ethics Officers and registrars who might not have finished a high school education let alone taken courses in financial mathematics.

Rd00

There is that. Then there is further straying from ideal decisions when the current "command intention" comes into play. Here one can use Mike Rinders term a "clubbed seal". Even in earlier times stats and conditions were somewhat hit and miss and not always furthering purpose. Examples cited here of hiring the homeless.

I think Leon's statement here is quite valid.

"One should never be literal about these formulas. Do that and you'll always go wrong."

Looking at the entirety of admin tech,which has many excellent ideas, taken as a
whole it must be considered a failure.

= = ==

I like what Navigator has posted and would like to hear more from you. More please.

Thank you for the invite, Leon.

I'll try to get back on tech matters, but here are the rest of my thoughts in the area of reform (which is the other half of my work) here:

The lower conditions are insanity as they are used to manipulate people and they do not really flow logically - they are intended to TRAP.

The Five Conditions Lecture, by the way, is fine. That was done when LRH was thinking clearly and not yet full-bore into building a cult.

I have placed the Lower Conditions near the top of my list of 'FALSE SOLUTIONS' ('Solutions' which became 'Problems' in Scientology)

Other False Solutions:
--------------------
HCO PL "Suppressive Acts"
Points 7-10 KSW #1 (meaningless use of forceful verbs)
Disconnection
Power Processes made Confidential (+ the silly drama of badge wearing)
PTS Handlings without Auditing to the Root Cause

These are tools of manipulation (lower-toned 'Control') that have been used to oppress people, not make them free.

Scott Gordon
WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR
ex-DSA CCDallas; DSA Costa Rica

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Disagree. They don't flow only when you try to apply them to the third Dynamic. Stay with it on the first Dyn and it flows perfectly. And works effectively too when you apply the formulas as one should per Mary's program (and not so effectively when the guy sits there figuring "What am I?" which is a sure road to hell.

One can argue that Hubbard's write-up of the conditions was a quicky job (He even invented the term quicky didn't he? Freudian justice LOL) he did a quicky job here and did out lay out the path fully for getting through the conditions.

Any and all of the conditions can be used (misused) to manipulate and entrap a person if the EO so desires. When working on tech with another person the first step is always to get someone you can trust.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
You guys are all squirrels and that dude with the headcam is going to hunt you all down and bring along fellow headcam people to stand in front of your front door and maybe even dance out in front of your house. Yeah they like to dance in front of those they deem to be "squirrels".

Hey maybe you'll even get a visit from that "I Thmell Puthy" guy.

And BTW just the same to me...

There are times when..

Squirreling > KSW

Okay, who's turn is it to hold the conch now?

Rd00

RADICAL NEW THINKING ON THE DYNAMICS

If you read Ken Ogger (The Pilot) and Geoffrey Filbert (Excalibur) you will find that both of them named 8 additional dynamics as upper harmonics of the 8 dynamics.

But I think that it runs from source (the roots, the static, the Tao) as a tree.

From the moment the first one or two viewpoints popped up out of the emptiness of the Tao, there came into interplay:

1. CREATE
2. EXPERIENCE

'Create' is mainly 'yang' and 'Experience' mainly 'yin', but note that each of the components has both, where one or the other predominates (just as bodies are sexed one way, with characteristics and hormones of the opposite sex incorporated in a lesser quantity).

CREATE soon branched into another set of Create-Experience:

BEINGNESS-AESTHETICS
(-yang-) - (-yin-)

BEINGNESS:
CREATE - EXPERIENCE
------------ * ------------
8th Dyn - 1st Dyn

AESTHETICS:
CREATE - EXPERIENCE
7th Dyn - 2nd Dyn

EXPERIENCE divided into:

GAMES-EXCHANGE
(-yang-) - (-yin-)

GAMES:
CREATE - EXPERIENCE
6th Dyn - 3rd Dyn

EXCHANGE:
CREATE - EXPERIENCE
5th Dyn - 4th Dyn

The 2 became 4, became 8 - probably well before there was any language to describe them or name them.

And thus, the 8 dynamics were born.

(Of all the above, only the 6th-3rd pair do not make a fairly obvious macrocosm-microcosm dichotomy.)

One can sometimes go further into dividing:

The 1st dynamic can be divided into:
(the Self) - (Body and Possessions)

The 2nd:
(Sex/Partner) - (Family)

etc.

Graphically, the 8 dynamics are portrayed as concentric circles.

But when the dynamics connect with one another, their primary connections might be seen as folding into a vortex or magnetic field that flows through a core (picture an apple - the energy flows that shape it, flow around in a circular shape and through the core).

The inner core of the dynamics of life are the link between the 4th and 5th and their essence is EXCHANGE.

Species exchange with one another, to accomplish survival. Here occurs assistance and cooperation as a native state, and the yang energy of the next layer, competition (GAME), is secondary to the predominant basis of cooperation here.

"Life is a game" then, is basically false. The game rests on the willingness of all beings to create and exchange in a complex but balanced, interdependency of beingnesses.

This makes HELP the core Purpose of 8-dynamic life and the very core of the Bridge to life expansion and freedom.

The 3rd and the 6th may link up as aspects of GAMES - as both players (teams) and field. (Here is where the second stage of auditing addresses problems, overts and withholds and ARC breaks.)

The 2nd dynamic may link with the 7th to form CREATE, of both futures and aesthetics. (Here is where spiritual ability is regained while removing the liabilities of earlier mistakes as 'bad' creation.)

And finally, the 8th links with the 1st, as aspects of finite and infinite BEINGNESS. You assume an identity and go "into the core of the apple" to play the game of life. You as your 8th dynamic however, are like the space outside of the apple.

When the game has gone on too long unrepaired (as a Goal-Problem-Mass existence), a new one is formed. (Auditing these packages of lifetimes is said to be the final route to fully operational spiritual being, where failed existences and their goals no longer constrain the full enjoyment of living and creating.)

Note that in this global model of the dynamics, both the very core:
EXCHANGE OF LIFE
And the outer infinite:
THE EMPTY VESSEL - THE TAO

Are primarily Yin (EXPERIENCE). (So the Grrls rule!)

While the 'boys' put on the CREATE show.

But all of that is in interplay in every one of us, and throughout our dynamics.

Did such concepts ever show up in the development of Scientology?

Yes, they did briefly. Note that during the Philadelphia Doctorate Course, LRH introduces the concept of higher harmonics of the dynamics, as "Ethics" and "Aesthetics."

Purists are going to insist I have this wrong, because Aesthetics is mentioned first in that talk. However, this was an off-the-cuff lecture, and if you think about it:

AESTHETICS is a higher harmonic of the creative 2nd dynamic and per 8-80, close to the wavelength of a thetan (7th dynamic).

ETHICS is both personal (1st dynamic) and "the greatest good" (8th dynamic = all dynamics).

And if you look at it, unaberrated BEINGNESS goes along with perfect ETHICS.

I leave you with LRH's Two Rules for Happy Living as perhaps the most basic rule of ethics in all of existence. And as a strong argument for the case that CREATE (Cause) and EXPERIENCE are the two basic poles from which all the power of beings is generated:

"1. Be able to experience anything.
"2. Cause only those things which others are able to experience easily

"Your reaction to these tells you how far you have yet to go.

"And if you achieve these two golden rules, you would be one of the most happy and successful people in this universe, for who could rule you with evil?" - LRH - A New Slant on Life

Scott Gordon
WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR
(Flying with The Pilot)

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Interesting. But I'll need a few days to cogitate and get into it before I respond.

Thanks.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gosh. 11th July was when I last posted. Since then I have had a full-on heart attack and am still fighting with the cardio people over the poison they are feeding me. Yesterday I managed to get two of the the drugs tossed out and am feeling a lot better for it. I told him he's far too busy treating the side-effects of the rubbish I'm being given and has lost complete sight of the person and the actual situation that needs fixing.

I'll get back onto tech matters sometime soon. I'm also still holding down a job and have also started a diploma-course in proof-reading and editing so that I can leave the heavy farm-work. And then I audit people in between too. Life stays interesting.

Thanks for the post you made.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
Gosh. 11th July was when I last posted. Since then I have had a full-on heart attack and am still fighting with the cardio people over the poison they are feeding me. Yesterday I managed to get two of the the drugs tossed out and am feeling a lot better for it. I told him he's far too busy treating the side-effects of the rubbish I'm being given and has lost complete sight of the person and the actual situation that needs fixing.

I'll get back onto tech matters sometime soon. I'm also still holding down a job and have also started a diploma-course in proof-reading and editing so that I can leave the heavy farm-work. And then I audit people in between too. Life stays interesting.

Leon:-

I've read and digested much of your posting here on ESMB. Some of it I agree with; some not so much . . . whatever yeah? That said, and without arrogance, it's just MHO that you are one of the 'good guys'. . . one of those that make this board worth looking at.

For what it's worth, here's wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Take it easy mate yeah? Look after yerself and be well.

Sincere regards, MC :)

Leon,

You and I have had our clashes, but I hope you recover from this quickly.

I didn't know you were ill until I read the most recent post on the board by Moonchild.

It's funny you should mention the thing about taking drugs.

I was back in the hospital about a week ago and they gave me a lot of heavy drugs including narcotics.

When I got out I was taking them for about a week until I saw my neurologists.

He told me to stop taking them all.

I can't tell you how much better I feel now.

So take care of yourself and get the mental work instead of the heavy physical work.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for that, AJ. We're into our main working season here on the farms - spring in New Zealand now - and the pace will continue till mid-January and then start tapering off. Our household is just BUSY at the moment. candy plays the violin in various amateur orchestras and her evenings are filled with rehearsals for all the Xmas concerts coming up in November, plus plus plus. I'll take it easy when I can. I really want to get into that Evolution thread again but need to review Lloyd Pye's work and I just don't have the time for it at the moment.

Best wishes to you.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Leon,

I missed this too ... and needless to say I wish you a speedy recovery and am sending you lots of love.

:arose: