ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Let the shady fundraising begin!

Discussion in 'Scientology Front Groups and Alliances' started by triumph, Sep 7, 2019.

1. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Tangled hair? Something can be done about it!!

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

It was the deodorant that got me, as if people with no food or shelter or even clean drinking water would have smelling nice as a priority.

Paul

PirateAndBum likes this.
  3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

SHOW OF HANDS:

What are ESMBers doing about the devastation in the Bahamas?

Even self-serving, self promotion, as long as there are people on the ground helping after a life threatening disaster such as this, is better than what you people are doing right now.

This is where the good Scientologists are doing good - even if you fear they may gain some good PR.

There is plenty to criticize Scientology about, but these Scientologists are not that. This just shows how black and white the thinking is here, how NO SCIENTOLOGIST must ever be given any slack anywhere - no matter what they do. Being unable to distinguish the good from the bad in Scientology and Scientologists is what leads anti-Scientologists into outright religious persecution.

No thank you.

It also shows an inability to focus on the important targets for correction in Scientology, and how easily distracted and emotionally manipulated anti-Scientologists can become.

Kitten playing with laser pointer C6FH25.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. triumph

triumph Silver Meritorious Patron

More that you'll ever pretend to know. Alanzo

since you must know.

here's a shortlist
    I donated to Dorian (Red Cross) a legit relief Org (money)
    I have Donated my time and skills for past Hurricane and floods to Habitat for Humanity (Master Carpenter)
    Red Cross as an EMT decades ago
    Red Cross Locally over decades
    and money whenever possible. to both listed above and others

I didn't poke anyone or hand out useless books or proselytize.
    or stage Photo ops or mooch supplies from legitimate relief organizations

I have seen numerous people on these boards talking about donating time and money during a disaster and post pix too.

hit me up when you need a wheelchair ramp

and oorah !

troll Skillz are useless in a disaster

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/scientology-has-2-orphanages-in-haiti.29374/page-3#post-1226150

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/front-group-grodysh-int-inc-haiti.91988/

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    strativarius and ThetanExterior like this.
  5. triumph

[​IMG]
    the mustered a baker's dozen for their urgent request of 20 in Miami
    [​IMG]
    first order of business Photo Ops

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  6. triumph

7. triumph

[​IMG]

another Flight on the 11th (3rd)

the last flight (9th) they were supposed to land at Palm Beach airport before their return to Clearwater
    they blew right past the Palm Beach Int. Airport

this time the flight was DIVERTED to Palm Beach Int,..w/a 22-minute delay

can't blow off flight plans coming into the country ..that will get you grounded for flights in and out of the country in the future.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  8. triumph

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  9. triumph

10. triumph

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  11. triumph

they leased this one
    [​IMG]

I'm Not riding in the cargo hold..you are

[​IMG]

pond jumper its leased..piper Aztec

[​IMG]

pilot in shorts and white shirt

12. triumph

13. triumph

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  14. triumph

[​IMG]

told not to...did anyway

15. triumph

orange shirts and black outfits with orange safety vest are NOI 10,000 fearless first responders most are trained for Scientology assists
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 Orange shirts in the back are NOI 10,000 fearless disaster response people(one is in a safety vest), Guy in an orange jumpsuit and VM hat is with Los Topos and the second in command, The guy in the Black is with Colombian, National Circle of Aid Technicians disaster response team affiliated with Scientology. VM's you'll see in the blue vests are from Mexico and are Los Topos trained. other 10,000 fearless wear black shirts and will see them wearing an orange safety vest.
    there are a few NOI members with the VM's
    [​IMG]

Blue Vest is a VM from Mexico. The blue vest is because he's trained with Los Topos

others are NOI 10,000 fearless first responders

this iwas taken where the boat Scientology is renting "Gecko" launches from

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  16. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

We are posting on this thread and another. They are passing out boxes of raisins to people with stocked shelves and drinking beer.

This is true,
    freethinker

17. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

They're a little too clean to be doing any real work. It's a photo op.

18. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Poor Alanzo, knee-jerking at every negative comment about his Scientologists.

I've been there, as a "Scientology Volunteer Minister" at disaster sites. I know others who have been there as "Scientology Volunteer Ministers" at other disasters. Here is the reality: They show up. No training, no desperately needed supplies, no emergency training, emergency personnel, they pretty much just show up. "Great!" you'd say. Not great.

These "Scientology Volunteer Ministers" are additional mouths to feed and bodies to house when food and housing is desperately in short supply. They are a pain in the butt because they bring nothing, no skills, no money, no food, no medical equipment/supplies, nothing. Someone has to take them in hand and find them "something to do" so they get out of the way of the real disaster recovery teams.

Real disaster organizations know they don't need untrained bodies -- there are lots of those there already -- they need money, food, skilled professionals, equipment, medical supplies, building materials, etc. What the "Scientology Volunteer Ministers" provide is ... more untrained bodies.

Yes, in truth, the "Scientology Volunteer Ministers" would to much more good by staying home and sending money. And they don't do that.

freethinker likes this.
  19. triumph

I ran a crew of about 100 people for Habitat for Humanity in the aftermath of Katrina. installing doors and windows in homes that were severely damaged.

everyone worked in pairs. I worked with each in groups teaching them how to install doors and windows properly.

this was in a restricted area, where you needed clearance and identification.

we had all the necessary construction equipment, also tents, camping gear. lumber, trailers, and millwork.

there were over 1000 homes. we did them all in 2 weeks

They were all volunteers with some who didn't have construction experience. there were also some that were capable professionals. I pared up people without experience with those who knew what they were doing.

and I rotated the crews so they had plenty of instruction.
    I worked with everyone there supervising, teaching and did the installs 49 houses myself.

4 Volunteer Ministers showed up in our camp, 3 adult males and one female. 2 were carrying a Coleman cooler.

they were approaching some of the crews and chatting them up

they had no identification or clearance to be there.
    they were told by several people working on the sight, they were in a restricted area. without clearance and they would run into the Army National Guard. and be treated as looters.

and go to see the Forman (that would be Me)

I spoke to them, I asked them if they had any construction experience.

the 3 males all said "Oh yes! "
    they three males all rattled off about their construction experience.
    one of the 3 said he could run the forklift. he was a heavy equipment operator!

and the chief yellow-shirted bullshitters said I can supervise. I own my own company, I'm a contractor been doing it XX years, and I build luxury homes in Florida

and "that's what they did for a living". and was "exactly what they came there to do! " "yea I remember that job you did buddy" and yada yada.
    much of it was them talking to each other.

their female companion didn't say much but she did nod in agreement with almost everything they said.

boy was they were full of shit. and I knew it

I told them they could stick around. we had extra tool belts hammers, tape measures, etc- plenty of food with a couple of cooks in the camp and had extra tents, sleeping bags, and blankets cots.

I told them I will start you with grunt work. loading the doors and windows from the truck onto the forklifts to the worksite. and hump them over to the installers

which made the chief yellow-shirted bullshitter grumble. and moan more about his experience.

he was a stand-in your personal space kind of guy while he was talking.

none of them liked it, they were doing too much talking at me than listening to me.
    ok, I'll let you start "helping" on the installs first, and when we figure out how much you know, then I'll pair you up with someone else. we will go from there.

which got a round of "I know what I'm doing" between themselves.

they came really close to getting run off the site.

I was reluctant and I had other things to do. by I relented against my better judgment.

I gave in and told the one guy can go help the 2 guys running forklifts.
    two on and one-off rotation.

I told them I could arrange to get them all identification and clearance but it would take a couple of days. they all had drivers license's so that wasn't an issue.

that perked them up!

( hip hip hooray, they won't get shot by the National Guard as Looters! )

I went around and it was obvious none of them had a clue of what they were doing.
    the guy that volunteered to run the forklift ran into the trailer. in the first five minutes. and backed into a tree. (he got demoted)

I pared him up with a carpenter who was a no-nonsense get it done whip-cracking ball buster.
    (and just happened to be the guy who personally owned the trailer)
    he was quickly worked into the ground.

the woman with them didn't claim to have experience. she gave some effort, but couldn't lift any of the doors or windows. and she was struggling. she was not well suited for any physical labor' and couldn't drive a nail, no matter how hard she tried.

there were a few women who were there as part of the group. I put some of them working in pairs to make the job of lifting easier. that worked out well. a couple later took to lead roles.

I worked with her in one house. it was clear she was out of her element. and ended up doing most of it by myself.

I asked her if she would like to go help the cooks. which she seemed happy to do.

and she did do her part there.

they men were wandering off, griping taking long cigarette breaks behind the port-a-johns (they all smoked) and ended up pestering some of the crews instead of working. and pissed more than a few people off.

after about 4 hours of semi-effort, they dropped their belts took off and vanished.

on a break, after they disappeared,

some of the crew were laughing because the got a look inside their cooler. it was Scientology books.

a short while later some of the National Guardsmen came and said they looking for 4 people in Yellow shirts. carrying a cooler. they ended up chasing them.

just about everyone who could hear the conversation told them "yea they were here and took off" and "they took off in that direction"
    and other colorful comments.

the National Guardsmen, in charge, said get on the phone and call us if you see them again.

Had I seen them again I would have.

BTW in the heat of the chase, they abandoned their cooler.
    and their crappy booklets.

they were taking a big chance of being out there.

they had a chance to learn something useful and make a real contribution. instead ran off and they hid in the marshy brush. running from tree line to tree line on a cold wet evening.

they managed to high-tail it out of there without getting caught.

It was a good laugh for everyone after the evening Pig Roast BBQ with a keg of beer and a big bonfire. cuz Habitat for Humanity does something about it
    ---
    I worked for a Scientologist couple who owned a company ( they ran a mission ) I worked for their company a couple of months. about a decade earlier and that's a story. for another time.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    PirateAndBum likes this.