Let's talk about Freezone.

One of the major mistakes Hubbard made was to take Scn and turn it into this horrid juggernaut. CofS. It originally was a grass roots self help type thing.

The FZ is like the latter approach, not the former. Also, there are many factions and because it's not centralized, there's no disconnection, there's no expulsions if one comes to a parting of the ways, whether civil or absolutely acrimonious, with a practitioner.

It's really more just people practicing their own personal creed in various ways. It's not really standardized, it's not centralized, it's free form.

That's why most of the arguments against the FZ fall flat.

It was originally designed to be a self-servicing con game, and was later turned into a full blown mind control cult to service Hubbard, the problem starts when people try to rewrite history and claim it was meant to be a form of self-help, the only self it was ever intended to help was Hubbard. The Freezone is little more than a freakshow of people who haven't figured out it's the con game or simple refuse to accept it and want to follow Hubbard down the road of insanity hoping to be the first to reach the imaginary states of Clear and OT

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
If you consider Scientology a trap, then you steal the cheese and merely bait another trap with it and call it "Freezone", what have you accomplished? Have you recouped your lost time and money in some way? Do two wrongs make a right? Or are you just so hopelessly programed by your time in the cage that luring others into a cage is all you know?
I believe that *most* Freezoners and Independents think more in terms of "reasonably-priced cheese and wide open spaces". That's just an idea I have, I could be wrong.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I heard too that Xenu escaped -- every religion needs a villain; most of them have Satan as the adversary, but some have other bad guys. A captured villain does not capture the cult members’ imagination.
When I was new to CoS, I was told by its members that the Los Angeles Times article revealing the OT 3 data made its readers sick to their stomach; they told me not to read the Internet OT data for my own good.
I still would like to know what happened to the Loyal Officers -- they did not have the implants, so they must be different from us.
"revealing the OT 3 data made its readers sick to their stomach" Yes it made us sick to our stomach because we realized we'd been had. The monies and time spent and this is the light at end of the tunnel? More like Elron's Venusian freight train that almost ran him over coming right at us.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
It was originally designed to be a self-servicing con game, and was later turned into a full blown mind control cult to service Hubbard, the problem starts when people try to rewrite history and claim it was meant to be a form of self-help, the only self it was ever intended to help was Hubbard. The Freezone is little more than a freakshow of people who haven't figured out it's the con game or simple refuse to accept it and want to follow Hubbard down the road of insanity hoping to be the first to reach the imaginary states of Clear and OT
Could not have been said any better...my hat's off!