What's new

Let's Talk About Past Lives

Power Change

Patron Meritorious
One's understianding, knowledge, and certainty has zero to do with the past in my opinion. It has to do with now. In that now the more understanding one has determines one's certainty. A reasonable way to proceed, if one wishes, is to understand in the now by acquiring knowledge. In other words, if one is curious about it, learn it. If not, don't.

I completely agree with you here. That is so true. I posted something similar on another thread---learn, do, gain understanding then you do have certainty. I have seen this is every area of my life that I did well with. Sometimes I forget this--but it really is true.

Re: jealosy thing: I was responding that I was jealous of supra having gotten relief from contacting past lives yet I had not gotten anything at all from 'seeing pics' of supposed past lives....no relief , no connection to it, more so BI's.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I completely agree with you here. That is so true. I posted something similar on another thread---learn, do, gain understanding then you do have certainty. I have seen this is every area of my life that I did well with. Sometimes I forget this--but it really is true.

Re: jealosy thing: I was responding that I was jealous of supra having gotten relief from contacting past lives yet I had not gotten anything at all from 'seeing pics' of supposed past lives....no relief , no connection to it, more so BI's.

Thanks. I just think the past life thing is a red herring. It would be a point of curiousity to "prove" we are spirits, I guess.

Wisened One

Crusader
Since leaving scn...I keep going back and forth on past lives. :goodorbad:

For a long time I stuck with the past lives thing and the ability to audit them, gain relief from them (or be keyed in by them), etc.

Then.....I leaned heavy towards bobthsp's view about them....that you really can't audit 'just your' past lives...instead, that we 'access' any/all's past lives (like dipping into some stream) kinda thing.

Now....I still feel more the 2nd way....believe me, I WANT to think the first way (or in individuality outside the body, I mean). But.....sadly, I don't see/feel evidence that way....yet, anyway. :(

This also ties into..(for me)...loved ones of mine that have died. If the individuality theory held as true, then...my loved ones would 'still' be 'around' (whether they pick up new bodies or stay out of the physical). And I know/have to look forward to, that I'll see/meet them (specifically THEM) again.

But, sadly....me feels that once you die, your individuality dissolves, that it's only body-dependant in the first place. :sadsigh:

And that being said...death really IS a loss, and all that comforting crap people say to you...'you'll see him again, blablabla' is bs. :(

Michelle

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree completely, Michelle. However, I'm not convinced that body death is inevitable, or that health MUST decline over time. I'm a firm believer that nano-medicine will be able to reverse the process of aging, and address the primary means by which people are dying, now (heart disease, cancer, George Bush). It will be expensive, at first, but then Moore's Law will take effect, as it does with all technologies. I also believe that we will be able to move our consciousness into more durable substrates at some point in the future, though I have no idea when that will happen (nano-medicine is already happening, and tremendous amounts of research into how telomerase is involved with aging is showing results [in mice] at this point).

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

For a long time I stuck with the past lives thing and the ability to audit them, gain relief from them (or be keyed in by them), etc.

Then.....I leaned heavy towards bobthsp's view about them....that you really can't audit 'just your' past lives...instead, that we 'access' any/all's past lives (like dipping into some stream) kinda thing.

Now....I still feel more the 2nd way....believe me, I WANT to think the first way (or in individuality outside the body, I mean). But.....sadly, I don't see/feel evidence that way....yet, anyway. :(

This also ties into..(for me)...loved ones of mine that have died. If the individuality theory held as true, then...my loved ones would 'still' be 'around' (whether they pick up new bodies or stay out of the physical). And I know/have to look forward to, that I'll see/meet them (specifically THEM) again.

But, sadly....me feels that once you die, your individuality dissolves, that it's only body-dependant in the first place. :sadsigh:

And that being said...death really IS a loss, and all that comforting crap people say to you...'you'll see him again, blablabla' is bs. :(

Michelle

Well, my feeling is that *time* is the illusion and that everything that ever was still *is*, so, I'm fairly comfortable with ghosties still being 'around'. :)

Zinj

Wisened One

Crusader
Gom: Ya know, I been hearing more and more lately about this 'nanomedicine'...yet have never looked into it. What IS it, exactly?

Michelle

I agree completely, Michelle. However, I'm not convinced that body death is inevitable, or that health MUST decline over time. I'm a firm believer that nano-medicine will be able to reverse the process of aging, and address the primary means by which people are dying, now (heart disease, cancer, George Bush). It will be expensive, at first, but then Moore's Law will take effect, as it does with all technologies. I also believe that we will be able to move our consciousness into more durable substrates at some point in the future, though I have no idea when that will happen (nano-medicine is already happening, and tremendous amounts of research into how telomerase is involved with aging is showing results [in mice] at this point).

Power Change

Patron Meritorious

Michelle

Oh no Michelle! I cant go there! It is too disheartening to think we become part of the big blob...no way.....

I just had someone do a medium reading and I told her nothing. She told me my mom and my aunt Ma---I filled in the rest of the name....well that they were hugging and hugging and they were so happy to be together again and she physically described them well and how close they were --- she said a lot more that astounded me and was very specific. So, although I believed I would probably see my mom etc again...I always really wondered. After this reading, I know I will see them again.

Wisened One

Crusader
Zinj, I actually agree for the most part in time being an illusion, too...
And I for one, would LOVE if my loved ones would be a 'ghostie' and visit me once in a while! :)

Well, my feeling is that *time* is the illusion and that everything that ever was still *is*, so, I'm fairly comfortable with ghosties still being 'around'. :)

Zinj

Power Change

Patron Meritorious
Zinj, I actually agree for the most part in time being an illusion, too...
And I for one, would LOVE if my loved ones would be a 'ghostie' and visit me once in a while! :)

go to a reputable medium and see what happens.....you may be very pleasantly surprised! It was another level of healing for me...it helped a lot with my losses.

Wisened One

Crusader
No, no, I agree with ya, I don't like that idea, either! And I hope I'm proved wrong or change my mind or something...yet....

And you know: I visited a psychic one time in my life (I was 13) and I sat in front of her (she was in another state, we were walk-ins)...and said nothing. And nearly EVERYTHING she said/predicted to me about my life, the events, what I would do, who I'd be with, etc...came TRUE! (And these were very specific and VERY unique events...like that I'd be a surrogate..she didn't know that word but described it....who knows this stuff in the early 80's?). I had never heard of such a thing, so don't think she coulda been getting that from MY mind. And other stuff....VERY creeepy!:)

Never went to another psychic or anything like that since, but it made me realize that there ARE 'real' psychics in this life. (in my opinion).

Michelle

Oh no Michelle! I cant go there! It is too disheartening to think we become part of the big blob...no way.....

I just had someone do a medium reading and I old her nothing. She told me my mom and my aunt Ma---I filled in the rest of the name....well that they were hugging and hugging and they were so happy to be together again and she physically described them well and how close they were --- she said a lot more that astounded me and was very specific. So, although I believed I would probably see my mom etc again...I always really wondered. After this reading, I know I will see them again.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's just medicine that happens on the nanometer scale (billionths of a meter). This is the scale on which DNA and transcription errors occur (machinery which copies cells). This allows us to address the CAUSE of aging, which is incorrect replication of cells to replace dying cells. "Nanomedicine" is an umbrella term, covering any form of medicine which addresses processes or objects on this scale. We broke through, this year, into true nanomedicine, on several occasions, whereas previously, we had been operating above the 100 nanometer scale. Anything smaller than 100 nanometers is considered "nanotech".

The most often "mocked up" form of nanomedicine is injection or inhalation of "nanobots", programmed to wander around your body repair replication errors or preventing them.

The "black" side of nanotech is the "grey goo" scenario, where it is used as a weapon (you can be sure this is what is actually driving the research budget), taking biological materials apart on the DNA scale, reducing anything in it's path to "grey goo".

Good reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Eric_Drexler

Wisened One

Crusader
Well, I WOULD...if I could get past that most of them seem to be...I don't know...general, to me. (Like Tarot...most readings seem to be all-encompassing/general more than really specific, etc..don't get me wrong, I actually love Tarot and have many decks....and some readings I've given and received have been spot-on, but still.....).

So, never went to a medium (regarding that stuff).

Geez, I didn't mean to sway this topic over into loved ones who died and mediums! :blush:

But guess these two are close cousins....

Michelle

go to a reputable medium and see what happens.....you may be very pleasantly surprised! It was another level of healing for me...it helped a lot with my losses.

Wisened One

Crusader
:ohmy: sounds crrrrreeeeeeepy crawly! :nervous: I couldn't IMAGINE letting dr's put 'synthetic robot creepycrawlies' inside my veins/body and KNOW they are crawling around! This is like an X-Files episdoe! :nervous:

And besides....could we trust these 'transcription errors' to be the 'right' errors to be fixed (and fixed correctly)? What if the nanobot was a nanoDMbot? :dieslaughing:

Michelle

It's just medicine that happens on the nanometer scale (billionths of a meter). This is the scale on which DNA and transcription errors occur (machinery which copies cells). This allows us to address the CAUSE of aging, which is incorrect replication of cells to replace dying cells. "Nanomedicine" is an umbrella term, covering any form of medicine which addresses processes or objects on this scale. We broke through, this year, into true nanomedicine, on several occasions, whereas previously, we had been operating above the 100 nanometer scale. Anything smaller than 100 nanometers is considered "nanotech".

The most often "mocked up" form of nanomedicine is injection or inhalation of "nanobots", programmed to wander around your body repair replication errors or preventing them.

The "black" side of nanotech is the "grey goo" scenario, where it is used as a weapon (you can be sure this is what is actually driving the research budget), taking biological materials apart on the DNA scale, reducing anything in it's path to "grey goo".

Last edited:

Power Change

Patron Meritorious

:ohmy: sounds crrrrreeeeeeepy crawly! :nervous: I couldn't IMAGINE letting dr's put 'synthetic robot creepycrawlies' inside my veins/body and KNOW they are crawling around! This is like an X-Files episdoe! :nervous:

Michelle

Resistance is futile..... but sounds fascinating ..... for my neighbor to try first :D .....

image007.jpg

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you trust your doctor when he gives you an anti-biotic? I do. If my doctor recommended nano-tech to reverse or stop the effects of aging, I'd run with it.

Doctors have saved my life.