What's new

Letter indicates Dianetics founder, baby fled to Cuba May 1, 1951

AnonKat

Crusader
Los Angeles Daily News

Letter indicates Dianetics founder, baby fled to Cuba

May 1, 1951

moar

Indications that Dianetics founder L. Ron Hubbard, 40, has fled to Cuba with the baby daughter he is accused of kidnapping were contained today in a letter submitted to the court by Mrs. Sara Northrup Hubbard, 25.

Mrs. Hubbard, who is suing for divorce on the grounds her husband is insane and who accused him of having kidnapped their daughter, Alexis, 13 months, last February 24th, presented to Superior Judge W. Turney Fox a letter written by Hubbard to her last April 15th.

The letter was submitted to bolster her request to serve Hubbard with divorce papers by publication since he has not been located for personal service. Judge Fox granted the petition.

This is Hubbard's letter to his wife:

"Dear Sara I have been in the Cuban military hospital and I am being transferred to the United States next week as a classified scientist immune from interference of all kind".

"Though I will be hospitalized probably a long time. Alexis is getting excellent care. I see her every day. She is all I have to live for".

"My wits never gave way under all you did and let them do, but my body didn't stand up. My right side is paralyzed and getting more so. I hope my heart lasts".

"I may live a long time and again I may not. But Dianetics will last 10,000 years-for the Army and Navy have it now".

"My will is all changed. Alexis will get a fortune unless she goes to you, as she would then get nothing. Hope to see you once more. Goodbye-I love you".

Mrs. Hubbard who seeks custody of her little girl, said that Hubbard's Dianetics foundation did a $1,000,000.00 business last year.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/la-news-cuba-050151.htm

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
LRH is repulsive.

Disgustingly repulsive. :puke:

Repulsive. Very. We seem to continue to alter our view of this hubbard thing ever downward. I hope we don't run out of words to describe the seemingly endless abyss of hubbard vile.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Tubs was a class act.

My emphasis

Los Angeles Daily News

May 1, 1951

Quote:
Indications that Dianetics founder L. Ron Hubbard, 40, has fled to Cuba with the baby daughter he is accused of kidnapping were contained today in a letter submitted to the court by Mrs. Sara Northrup Hubbard, 25.

Mrs. Hubbard, who is suing for divorce on the grounds her husband is insane and who accused him of having kidnapped their daughter, Alexis, 13 months, last February 24th, presented to Superior Judge W. Turney Fox a letter written by Hubbard to her last April 15th.

The letter was submitted to bolster her request to serve Hubbard with divorce papers by publication since he has not been located for personal service. Judge Fox granted the petition.

"Dear Sara I have been in the Cuban military hospital and I am being transferred to the United States next week as a classified scientist immune from interference of all kind".

"Though I will be hospitalized probably a long time. Alexis is getting excellent care. I see her every day. She is all I have to live for".

"My wits never gave way under all you did and let them do, but my body didn't stand up. My right side is paralyzed and getting more so. I hope my heart lasts".

"I may live a long time and again I may not. But Dianetics will last 10,000 years-for the Army and Navy have it now".

"My will is all changed. Alexis will get a fortune unless she goes to you, as she would then get nothing. Hope to see you once more. Goodbye-I love you".

Mrs. Hubbard who seeks custody of her little girl, said that Hubbard's Dianetics foundation did a $1,000,000.00 business last year.

Where have I heard something like this before?

Oh yeah, I remember.

Gotta love scientology ethics, responsibility and genuine caring for the children.

:whistling:

Veda

Sponsor
Some background

According to John Sanborn who was a witness to Hubbard abducting Alexis in 1951, "Hubbard considered Lexi [Alexis] as a pawn in the game, something he could deny Sara."

Sara holds the distinction of having signed the first coerced "retraction" statement in Scientology's history: "I, Sara Northup Hubbard, do hereby state that the things that I have said about L. Ron Hubbard in courts and public prints have been grossly exaggerated or entirely false. I have not at any time believed otherwise than that L. Ron Hubbard was a fine and brilliant man..."

Shades of Hubbard's description of himself in his 1965 piece 'My Philosophy': "Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries to hip and back, at the end of World War II, I faced an almost non-existent future. My service record stated, 'This officer has no neurotic or psychotic tendencies of any kind whatsoever', but it also stated, 'permanently physically disabled'."

And this is from a letter, written to 2nd wife, Sara from first wife Polly (From court records):

"Sara-

"If I can help in any way, I'd like to - You must get Alexis in your custody - Ron is not normal. I had hoped that you could straighten him out. Your charges probably sound fantastic to the average person - but I've been through it - the beatings, threats on my life, all the sadistic traits you charge - twelve years of it. I haven't asked for anything, but with all the money rolling in from 'Dianetics' I had hoped to get enough for plastic surgery for Kay's [daughter] birthmark - Please believe I do want you to get Alexis."

In 1951, Hubbard wrote numerous letters to the FBI asserting that Sara - and many others - were communists or communist sympathizers.

Sara was completely apolitical, but the idea was to have her discredited by having her "investigated" by the FBI.

Hubbard seems to have never recovered from Sara's rejection of him. In 'Barefaced Messiah', Virginia Downsborough describes Hubbard going on about Sara while he lay in bed, surrounded by bottles of pills, just before the beginning of the Sea Org and the discovery of the "Wall of Fire." This was early 1967.

(And while it's speculation, the "pink legs sticking out" statement, from the 'Bolivar' PL of 1967, may have been inspired by thoughts of Sara, who was tall and fair skinned.)

Hubbard was thinking of Sara again in 1969. This is from the confidential issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Intelligence Data Collection':

"Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by the Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicist stayed near Caltech)..."

And again in 1972. The below linked letter is from Sara Northrup to author Paulette Cooper. This letter was found in a file cabinet in a Scientology Org, after the issuing of search warrants by the FBI, in 1977. It had been stolen from Paulette Cooper's apartment, in New York, some years earlier by Scientology.

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to see the letter: http://www.ronthenut.org/northrup.htm

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Hubtard's treatment of Sara Northrup was totally inexcusable and her horrors alone should have been enough to see him hanging from the gallows.

Finding dox on Hubbard being a dirtbag, is like finding dox proving water is wet.

I'd love to see one of the Hubbard Fan Boys come up with some dox of Hubbard doing a selfless act one in his life ... now that would be some serious breaking news.

Ulf K. Maier

Patron Meritorious
Parsing the fat man

Please note bolded text:

Los Angeles Daily News

May 1, 1951

Quote:

Hmm. Well, we know he wasn't a scientist in the true sense (Sequoia U.? LMAO). Could he have convinced the US military than he had a weapon they could use? I mean, what else would the military want Dianetics for, if at all?

Hospitalised for? Psychiatric ills, as those he complained about to the VA in 1947? Or for something much more insidious? There's no way to tell without addictional supporting documentation. I wonder if that data is buried somewhere in a musty old file cabinet in Havana... ? If the Revolution captured it, you can be sure they still have it. Perhaps I will write to the Cuban government and ask if they have any such record(s)...
This is likely just Hubbard projecting his own deeds. Still, in this (admittedly highly questionable) context, it makes me wonder...
Well, if there is a grain of truth to this, the CIA and DIA had Dianetics not long after, and incorporated it into MKULTRA and MKNAOMI, among others. Probably it was an incestuous relationship (see Arnie Lerma's recent thread concerning KUBARKhttp://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=549436&postcount=1).
Manipulative asshole.
Maybe it's all just the ravings of a madman... however, as all exes know, it was Hubbard's wont to mix the truth with lies. At the same time, 'twas Sara who knew the truth about Hubbard's relationship with Jack Parsons and what came of that. Knew too much, she did, for Hubbard's own good.

I'll be doing a tad more research on this, just to satisfy myself one way or the other.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
He certainly had an interesting idea of being a parent. The child was cared for by who? He saw her every day, for how long? to do what? He was hospitalised and didn't care that the girl was taken (how exactly?) from her mother to be cared for by people she didn't know or have any connection with, and be allowed to visit her father, presumably in a hospital bed. With no chance of seeing her mother again.

Oh and the best 1.1 line I've ever seen....''I love you''.

But I suppose he can be forgiven this as it was before he wrote science of survival.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I'd say God damn him to hell... but I don't believe it's necessary. He's already there. In fact, Hubbard was in torment of his own making, even before he died.

Additional evidence of his malice is unsurprising, but this is as good a place as any to share it. I know that many present-day Scientology victims read here, covertly. (Hello to you: and get well soon.)

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

Manipulative asshole.

Maybe it's all just the ravings of a madman... however, as all exes know, it was Hubbard's wont to mix the truth with lies. At the same time, 'twas Sara who knew the truth about Hubbard's relationship with Jack Parsons and what came of that. Knew too much, she did, for Hubbard's own good.

I'll be doing a tad more research on this, just to satisfy myself one way or the other.

The above letter is almost entirely Hubbardian tall tale - a play by Hubbard for sympathy from Sara, and a demonstration of his importance.

This is a transcript of an interview with Richard DeMille, done by Russell Miller. DeMille accompanied Hubbard to Cuba, with Alexis, in 1951. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/demille.htm

Ulf K. Maier

Patron Meritorious
Granted, but...

The above letter is almost entirely Hubbardian tall tale - a play by Hubbard for sympathy from Sara, and a demonstration of his importance.

This is a transcript of an interview with Richard DeMille, done by Russell Miller. DeMille accompanied Hubbard to Cuba, with Alexis, in 1951. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/demille.htm

It may be as you say; however, there was sometimes SOME truth in what the mad fuck said:

"I was to stay there and transcribe these little green discs because it was not safe to bring them back to US because the communists would steal them. I was to send them to him in the mail. I stayed in the hotel for another month doing this work. I was also instructed to deliver the little green discs to the US Embassy to be kept safely so they wouldn't be stolen from me in the hotel. I had to deliver them to Captain Remick of the US Embassy who had listened to Hubbard's tale of conspiracy and Communists. Remick was very sceptical but Hubbard appealed to him as one officer to another and it worked. All he had to do was accept his stuff. I had to walk over to the US Embassy every couple of days, take my papers and get more discs. "

and

"Most of the time in Cuba he dictated almost every night. As I was transcribing the material I thought it was dull - the dullest book he ever wrote - it was nowhere. I thought it was horrible. He thought it was true and important, but it was terribly boring and repetitive.

We walked into the embassy, asked to talk to the officer of the day and this young captain showed up, Ron talked to him, officer to officer. The officer said, "Well, Mr H., we'll try and help you out." Hubbard said there were people who wanted to get hold of his material and destroy it and he needed help and protection from a fellow officer.

He wrote a letter to a senator pledging to have a military aeroplane sent to Havana to pick him up. One of the old senators, probably somebody he'd met. He knew a lot of people in Washington. There was no response
. "

OK, no evidence of hospitalisation, etc. from this account (I've read this before, but it must have been 15 years ago... ); however, this witness says, "He [Hubbard] knew a lot of people in Washington." Maybe Hubbard just SAID he knew a lot of people in Washington, or maybe he really did... at this late date, no way to know for sure.

Veda

Sponsor
It may be as you say; however, there was sometimes SOME truth in what the mad fuck said:

"I was to stay there and transcribe these little green discs because it was not safe to bring them back to US because the communists would steal them. I was to send them to him in the mail. I stayed in the hotel for another month doing this work. I was also instructed to deliver the little green discs to the US Embassy to be kept safely so they wouldn't be stolen from me in the hotel. I had to deliver them to Captain Remick of the US Embassy who had listened to Hubbard's tale of conspiracy and Communists. Remick was very sceptical but Hubbard appealed to him as one officer to another and it worked. All he had to do was accept his stuff. I had to walk over to the US Embassy every couple of days, take my papers and get more discs. "

and

"Most of the time in Cuba he dictated almost every night. As I was transcribing the material I thought it was dull - the dullest book he ever wrote - it was nowhere. I thought it was horrible. He thought it was true and important, but it was terribly boring and repetitive.

We walked into the embassy, asked to talk to the officer of the day and this young captain showed up, Ron talked to him, officer to officer. The officer said, "Well, Mr H., we'll try and help you out." Hubbard said there were people who wanted to get hold of his material and destroy it and he needed help and protection from a fellow officer.

He wrote a letter to a senator pledging to have a military aeroplane sent to Havana to pick him up. One of the old senators, probably somebody he'd met. He knew a lot of people in Washington. There was no response
. "

OK, no evidence of hospitalisation, etc. from this account (I've read this before, but it must have been 15 years ago... ); however, this witness says, "He [Hubbard] knew a lot of people in Washington." Maybe Hubbard just SAID he knew a lot of people in Washington, or maybe he really did... at this late date, no way to know for sure.

There's some truth, sure. Hubbard, after all, was in Cuba, and did talk to U.S. government officials - who blew him off - but he was hardly, except in his fondest imaginings, "a classified scientist, immune from interference of all kinds," etc.

If you haven't already done so, you should read Hubbard's 1950s letters to the FBI. He depicts his 2nd wife and numerous other people as being communists or communist sympathisers. Some years later, he told Scientologists that his second wife was a Russian spy named Sara Komkovadamanov.

Hubbard was always open to making deals with any government, and Hubbard liked to present himself as having worked for the government as a spy. In the 1950s, he tried to the sell the US Defense Department psychological warfare techniques, or at least wrote that he was willing to work in that capacity in a letter to the FBI.

In an early Dianetics lecture, Hubbard told Dianeticists/Scientologists that he had been approached by the US Navy and that they had tried to take control of Dianetics, and he, courageously, had refused to cooperate.

(Yet, Hubbard had psychological warfare techniques "on his mind," and seemed to regard these as part of Scientology. This doesn't make much sense to Scientologists, unless one considers that Hubbard also was the author of the booklet that he called the 'Brainwashing Manual', which he later - in the 1960s - used on his own followers, and incorporated into Scientology "tech.")

In the mid 1950s, Hubbard told the FBI, the Defense Department, and Scientologists, that the 'Brainwashing Manual', a.k.a. the 'Textbook on Psycho-Politics' was a mysterious Russian document.

He wrote the FBI, telling them that the Russian KGB had offered him a laboratory in Russia, if only he'd defect to Russia as a V.I.P scientist, and "receive very high fees." More prevarication by Hubbard, but usually there was a reason for it - Hubbard wanted to persuade others, manipulate others in some way with his tall tales. (In this case, he drops the hint to the FBI that if the IRS doesn't lay off him that he might just accept the offer and defect to Russia with his very important discoveries.) His giant ego told him that he was slick enough, and had sufficient "flair," that he could bamboozle anyone into anything.

As these letters accumulated at the FBI office, they eventually earned him an "appears mental" designation.

AnonKat

Crusader
I tried

Finding dox on Hubbard being a dirtbag, is like finding dox proving water is wet.

I'd love to see one of the Hubbard Fan Boys come up with some dox of Hubbard doing a selfless act one in his life ... now that would be some serious breaking news.

Lol I tried came up with this

And he sent me a very nice gift that came in handy later. For doing that, I was given a Ruger Mini-14 Assault Rifle with a banana clip, .223. So now I'm a real soldier of fortune, right?

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/hamburg-symposium-2010-videos-transcripts.56679/

lousy divorces do happen

yeah. elron had a big rotten fight with sara. and elron had a big rotten fight with polly. i had a lousy divorce myself. horrifying that two people who had such a great love could become what we became. i managed to crawl away without doing much harm but i was driven totally black apeshit eighth ring of hell insane. but she went ninth ring on me.

shit fukkin' happens.