What's new

Letter indicates Dianetics founder, baby fled to Cuba May 1, 1951

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
yeah. elron had a big rotten fight with sara. and elron had a big rotten fight with polly. i had a lousy divorce myself. horrifying that two people who had such a great love could become what we became. i managed to crawl away without doing much harm but i was driven totally black apeshit eighth ring of hell insane. but she went ninth ring on me.

shit fukkin' happens.

It's true - shit happens. But accounts of Hubbard's behavior towards those wives from sources OUTSIDE the control of the church indicate there was a great deal more going on than a bad breakup. Personally I accept the notion that he was a paranoid schizophrenic. I think there is plenty of evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, to support it.

Last edited:
her tits were the pair that annoyed him

It's true - shit happens. But accounts of Hubbard's behavior towards those wives from sources OUTSIDE the control of the church indicate there was a great deal more going on than a bad breakup. Personally I accept the notion that he was a paranoid schizophrenic. I think there is plenty of evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, to support it.

yeah, i got jacketed as paranoid schiz too. i am willing to accept he was highly enturbulated and that he misread events at times. i'm not going to brand him and the testimony of those who would must be considered to be colored by their conclusion. i won't whitewash him and my unwillingness to accept the CoS whitewash is one of many things keeping me out. but i won't paint him black either.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
but i won't paint him black either.

I will.

Even if you can write off what he did to all 3 of his wives, I can't see justifying what he did to his kids.

He very clearly used Alexis as a pawn to hurt his ex-wife. It's in his own writing (the letter, and his will, where he denies Alexis is even his).

That's black, in my book.

Jquepublic

yeah, i got jacketed as paranoid schiz too. i am willing to accept he was highly enturbulated and that he misread events at times. i'm not going to brand him and the testimony of those who would must be considered to be colored by their conclusion. i won't whitewash him and my unwillingness to accept the CoS whitewash is one of many things keeping me out. but i won't paint him black either.

Hi CB,

I'm not trying to paint him in any light at all by saying that I think he was paranoid schizophrenic. People often make that leap when discussing a mental condition like schizophrenia, but it's a mistake IMO.

But I am with you on the whitewashing! :)

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
yeah. elron had a big rotten fight with sara. and elron had a big rotten fight with polly. i had a lousy divorce myself. horrifying that two people who had such a great love could become what we became. i managed to crawl away without doing much harm but i was driven totally black apeshit eighth ring of hell insane. but she went ninth ring on me.

shit fukkin' happens.

I've recounted elsewhere how my first "relationship" turned out to be based on a lie so the split was far from sane. For my second relationship, we discussed it, agreed that it was over, and continued to live together in the same house. Later one, we started fighting, and suddenly I realized that the fighting had started after we had been burgled. So it was time to find a new house. Given what was available, we then went seperate ways, but remain good friends to this day.

I don't let hubbard off the hook by suggesting that he may have been Schizophrenic--I've dealt with too many of them! I will agree that he was paranoid up to and beyond the eyeballs.

Jquepublic

I've recounted elsewhere how my first "relationship" turned out to be based on a lie so the split was far from sane. For my second relationship, we discussed it, agreed that it was over, and continued to live together in the same house. Later one, we started fighting, and suddenly I realized that the fighting had started after we had been burgled. So it was time to find a new house. Given what was available, we then went seperate ways, but remain good friends to this day.

I don't let hubbard off the hook by suggesting that he may have been Schizophrenic--I've dealt with too many of them! I will agree that he was paranoid up to and beyond the eyeballs.

My father was a paranoid schizophrenic. Sometimes he was fantastic, other times he was the scariest thing in the room. He was brilliant, but damaged.

Have you read this psychiatric evaluation of Hubbard's Admissions?