Letter to Legislators RE: Tax Status and Criminal Activities Scientology [sample]

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Sent the following letter to my legislators. Please consider doing the same. Feel free to use this as a template or inspiration for your own. The important thing is to Just Do It. -- Blanky

ETA: Find your Senators and Representatives here - https://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup
_______

Dear [Senator/Representative],

I am writing to you today to express my outrage regarding the tax exempt status of the Church of Scientology. In 1993 Scientology was granted tax exempt status only after a multi-year siege against the IRS which included spying, blackmail, and espionage. This 501(c)3 status allows Scientology to continue carrying out these same heinous activities against private citizens and to use tax exempt dollars to do so. Influenced and emboldened by the recent documentary by Academy Award winner, Alex Gibney, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, the list of alleged crimes by Scientology grows daily as others begin to speak out at last. For more than decade Scientology has hidden behind the religious cloaking granted by the IRS exempt status as a religious organization. It is time for this exemption to be revoked and for a full and impartial investigation of alleged crimes to commence.

Numerous well respected news publications are calling for governmental review of the exempt tax status followed by criminal investigations. You have a reputation as a strong supporter of [fill in with anti/crime or pro citizen activities by your legislator - can be gleamed from his/her website] I urge you take a strong leadership position on this issue and to actively advocate a review of Scientology's tax exempt status.

Please follow up with me on this issue at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Full Name
Physical Address
phone / email

Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Dear Blanky,
Let me salute true gumption! Now, let's invite every warm-blooded anti-$ciloonery Americans to follow suit today, tomorrow or any old spare time you got.
Agitate, agitate, protest, & protest some more!!!!:yes:
Wolves are 100% behind this.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Dear Blanky,
Let me salute true gumption! Now, let's invite every warm-blooded anti-$ciloonery Americans to follow suit today, tomorrow or any old spare time you got.
Agitate, agitate, protest, & protest some more!!!!:yes:
Wolves are 100% behind this.

Thank you, my friend.

I would be out there in a mask waving a sign every day of the week if I didn't believe it would cause more harm to family. So here's to hoping the keyboard is mightier than the mask :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have to wonder how many people have sent or are preparing similar letters to their representatives and also doing a 13909 report to the IRS.

I am still working on mine.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
I have to wonder how many people have sent or are preparing similar letters to their representatives and also doing a 13909 report to the IRS.

I am still working on mine.

Must report on my own efforts:
Sent emails & snail-mails to Hollywood outfits, ie. studio heads, agents, managers, industry press etc... worked from a list generously provided by connected actor/comedian friend of mine...written on high end stationnery, thinking it may raise some eyebrows...Results: 4 answers by emails acknowledging receipt + thank you for voicing your concerns, all from PR departments of Miramax, Crown Media, MGM & Warner... and that's all folks!:yes:
297 mails later, phwew!
I guess my pitch about using actors who espouse immoral views and behaviours pinged...but not very loudly...Money has no smell, no colour, no moral compass and that's the truth:p.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great effort Shewolf! Don't despair, the seeds can take a while to sprout, and each doing what they can will yield something. I think it is an anonymous meme, the 'signal' is filled with 'harpoons'. And 'a death by a thousand cuts.':thumbsup:

Sent emails & snail-mails to Hollywood outfits, ie. studio heads, agents, managers, industry press etc... worked from a list generously provided by connected actor/comedian friend of mine...written on high end stationnery, thinking it may raise some eyebrows...Results: 4 answers by emails acknowledging receipt + thank you for voicing your concerns, all from PR departments of Miramax, Crown Media, MGM & Warner... and that's all folks!:yes:
297 mails later, phwew!
I guess my pitch about using actors who espouse immoral views and behaviours pinged...but not very loudly...Money has no smell, no colour, no moral compass and that's the truth:p.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
You're AWESOME, Shewolf!!

:thankyou:

THANK YOU!

2799797009_147067a1ba.jpg

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
And a word of encouragement with an example. I don't know how the Calvary club found out about this, but it may include a degree of evidence that actions such as yours Northern Shewolf can bring about great results.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...erra-Cavalry&p=1034728&viewfull=1#post1034728

297 mails later, phwew!

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
In my email today:

Dear Blanky:Thank you for contacting me about the tax-exempt status of churches and religious organizations. It is good to hear from you.
I believe that it is important that the federal government treats all religions equally. However, it is equally important that organizations eligible for tax exempt status follow the relevant regulations. As you know, tax exempt organizations are not permitted to engage in for-profit business activities. Additionally, these organizations are not permitted to engage in most types of political activism. The Internal Revenue Code prohibits all tax-exempt organizations, including churches, from participating in political campaigns in support of, or opposition to, any candidate.

Once again, thank you for contacting my office. It is important for me to hear from the people of [State] on the issues, thoughts and concerns that matter most to you. If I can be of further assistance, please visit my website at [name].senate.gov for information on how to contact my office.
Sincerely,

Looks like a follow up call is in order.