What's new

Letter to my SoloNots C/S

Feral

Rogue male
A couple of weeks ago I wrote to my Solo Nots C/S of many years. I don't know if it got to him, S.O. censors well may have stopped it and of course I've had no response.

I can't help wondering about who if anyone I may have helped to look at the actual scene with all this correspondence.

I wanted to put it up on the board for the benefit anyone who may be considering doing this level within the CofS, even though it is personal data and something I'd normally keep to myself. I was an active FSM when I was in and had helped many people onto OT levels, I know a few of those guys lurk here. So I think this little portrait will serve more people if I do bite the bullet.

Starts

Dear Mark,

I hope this letter finds you well and fit.

I have an important series of points I'd like to share with you, some things that have come to my attention after being on OT VII for fifteen years. First I would like to thank you for your dedicated C/Sing over the years. I know you put everything you had into it.

That being said, I'm sure you are aware that I spent 15 year on OT VII and audited about 3500 hrs. The cost to Vicky and myself was around $800,000 Aust $. I spent the majority of the last 8 years on the level utterly miserable, during that time I found myself hoping to die for the first time in my life. However I was convinced that the way out was the way through and persisted auditing for the majority of that period, several times a day.

Having departed from the level and a great deal more I have experienced a resurgence and would like to share the benefit of my experience.

I have come to suspect that the serious work of OT VII is done in the first 500 or so hrs. All that I got out of it I got then.

The six monthly sec checks are in violation of C/S ser 73 rb, the FPRD definately was.

The FPRD since GAT is run "general" until the ev purp step. This means all and sundry present mis-own the charge as we take the chain of heinous overts down the track till the dawn of time. This is in serious violation of "handling reads on OT IIIs and above" As I did 13 ints of FPRD during my six month checks at flag I consider this to be by far the most out tech and damaging feature of the service. Mis ownership tars all with the same brush and acts as a wrong indication for the balance, in my case with disastrous consequences.

I even suspect the sec checks were intended to be run that way , but have no data.

L&N the item me, this was changed in violation to the class 8 tape on the matter three years ago via the GAT drill on handling ptsness.

Obsession with MWHs:, I was repeatedly crammed and corrected on the application of mwh tech. It swung so far that it bore no resemblance to the HCOBs on the subject. Hubbard said "bitterly complaining" that became any complaint. He also said " when you hear 1.1 carping criticism that seems a bit stretched" that became any criticism, the net effect of this was that despite having 17 ints of FPRD and sec checking on the level as well as pulling my own witholds daily I became introverted at the first unhappy thought about anything. This is not the way to live a life. Factually I could and did find a WH any time, it did not always remedy the complaint but it did create silence.

I also experienced sending my WSs back after not finding a WH, the questions FNed on checking after it had been arbitrarily deemed that I had been critical. I was sent to keep looking until I found a WH, because it "MUST have been there". Couldn't the judgment that I was "critical" have been faulty? I was always prone to antagonism and I found this routine pushed me down the tone scale and not up.

Our gains on this level fell far far short of what was ever expected, the cost and time far exceeded anything we could have imagined, We still do not understand how Vicky consumed 6 ints on the EP check at flag, ensuring she had all the correct phenomenon, isn't auditing for the PC, not the org? 2.5 int of that were a sec check which ground to the point of her crying and refusing to go on, this is the third time it has happened to her on a sec check, have you ever read OW a limited theory?

To be honest our flag experience was an exercise in abuse that has had no equal in my life. The complexity of the experience and demand, harassment, expense, imposition led to a complete collapse of my personal well being 8 years ago, this in turn led me to becoming emotionally abusive as well as chronically unhappy. I persisted because what turns it on will turn it off. I no longer believe this datum at all, it certainly does not apply to all circumstances.

I'm taking the chance of writing this to you because I now suspect this abuse is endemic and systematic in the scn culture and we were all caught in it. I bear no malice or grudge, but thought I would let you know, the way out is not on this path of abuse, sacrifice and expense.

Sincerely KBM

Carmel

Crusader
What do ya say? I'm sure your letter will or would have some impingement on whoever gets to read it.

What you've said is sad and upsetting - but it's true! It's a shame that too many scios don't follow their own tech and CAN'T or WON'T differentiate between twisted facts intended to enturbulate, and true facts that take courage to confront.

Goodonya Kev,
Carmel :)

Zander

Patron with Honors
I'm taking the chance of writing this to you because I now suspect this abuse is endemic and systematic in the scn culture and we were all caught in it. I bear no malice or grudge, but thought I would let you know, the way out is not on this path of abuse, sacrifice and expense.

Sincerely KBM

Great letter Feral and I think you've really hit the nail on the head in that last paragraph.

Whatever one thinks of the tech the cofs now takes a fixed 'We are always right' stance no matter what the dire effects on their members whom they seem to value very little. Even when it's clear that major costly (to members) mistakes have been made any 'correction' is announced as a breakthrough for which we should all be grateful to rtc - and yet rtc caused the problems in the first place!

I've never been on OTVII but a couple of years ago I was given a briefing by a Flag reg. She told me that the 6 month checks had now been speeded up and were no longer the really long cycles they had been before, and how great that was. Well as I had started to think the opposite of whatever pr was being laid on me, my thought on it was that it must have been really unfair on those who had gone through the level before and how much it must have cost them unnecessarily. I knew that they would not have been compensated for that as the cofs never admits to any mistakes.

Yours and Mrs Pattycake's stories have really hit home how bad it really was.

Vinaire

Sponsor
A couple of weeks ago I wrote to my Solo Nots C/S of many years. I don't know if it got to him, S.O. censors well may have stopped it and of course I've had no response.

I can't help wondering about who if anyone I may have helped to look at the actual scene with all this correspondence.

I wanted to put it up on the board for the benefit anyone who may be considering doing this level within the CofS, even though it is personal data and something I'd normally keep to myself. I was an active FSM when I was in and had helped many people onto OT levels, I know a few of those guys lurk here. So I think this little portrait will serve more people if I do bite the bullet.

Starts

Dear Mark,

I hope this letter finds you well and fit.

I have an important series of points I'd like to share with you, some things that have come to my attention after being on OT VII for fifteen years. First I would like to thank you for your dedicated C/Sing over the years. I know you put everything you had into it.

That being said, I'm sure you are aware that I spent 15 year on OT VII and audited about 3500 hrs. The cost to Vicky and myself was around $800,000 Aust $. I spent the majority of the last 8 years on the level utterly miserable, during that time I found myself hoping to die for the first time in my life. However I was convinced that the way out was the way through and persisted auditing for the majority of that period, several times a day.

Having departed from the level and a great deal more I have experienced a resurgence and would like to share the benefit of my experience.

I have come to suspect that the serious work of OT VII is done in the first 500 or so hrs. All that I got out of it I got then.

The six monthly sec checks are in violation of C/S ser 73 rb, the FPRD definately was.

The FPRD since GAT is run "general" until the ev purp step. This means all and sundry present mis-own the charge as we take the chain of heinous overts down the track till the dawn of time. This is in serious violation of "handling reads on OT IIIs and above" As I did 13 ints of FPRD during my six month checks at flag I consider this to be by far the most out tech and damaging feature of the service. Mis ownership tars all with the same brush and acts as a wrong indication for the balance, in my case with disastrous consequences.

I even suspect the sec checks were intended to be run that way , but have no data.

L&N the item me, this was changed in violation to the class 8 tape on the matter three years ago via the GAT drill on handling ptsness.

Obsession with MWHs:, I was repeatedly crammed and corrected on the application of mwh tech. It swung so far that it bore no resemblance to the HCOBs on the subject. Hubbard said "bitterly complaining" that became any complaint. He also said " when you hear 1.1 carping criticism that seems a bit stretched" that became any criticism, the net effect of this was that despite having 17 ints of FPRD and sec checking on the level as well as pulling my own witholds daily I became introverted at the first unhappy thought about anything. This is not the way to live a life. Factually I could and did find a WH any time, it did not always remedy the complaint but it did create silence.

I also experienced sending my WSs back after not finding a WH, the questions FNed on checking after it had been arbitrarily deemed that I had been critical. I was sent to keep looking until I found a WH, because it "MUST have been there". Couldn't the judgment that I was "critical" have been faulty? I was always prone to antagonism and I found this routine pushed me down the tone scale and not up.

Our gains on this level fell far far short of what was ever expected, the cost and time far exceeded anything we could have imagined, We still do not understand how Vicky consumed 6 ints on the EP check at flag, ensuring she had all the correct phenomenon, isn't auditing for the PC, not the org? 2.5 int of that were a sec check which ground to the point of her crying and refusing to go on, this is the third time it has happened to her on a sec check, have you ever read OW a limited theory?

To be honest our flag experience was an exercise in abuse that has had no equal in my life. The complexity of the experience and demand, harassment, expense, imposition led to a complete collapse of my personal well being 8 years ago, this in turn led me to becoming emotionally abusive as well as chronically unhappy. I persisted because what turns it on will turn it off. I no longer believe this datum at all, it certainly does not apply to all circumstances.

Sincerely KBM

Kevin,

By publishing this letter you have taken a big step toward freedom in my opinion. Not many people can look at themselves totally honestly and not worry about what others will think of them.

To me, what I am, is just an identity. An identity is simply an object. An object needs to be looked at for what it is. Publishing data about this object that may help others, is definitely a good action, and also an action that helps one to separate from one's identity.

You have my respects,
Vinaire

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Anyone reading that would have to stop and think ... whomever picks that letter up upon its arrival will read it and it will impinge ... if not immediately .... eventually.

:wink2:

It is still amazing to me that you were both put through this disgusting abuse ...

I am so proud of you for all you do Feral and Mrs Pattycake.

Div6

Crusader
Ok to re-publish? This would be a good hand out in the "Is Scientology Working?" series at raids....

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Fantastic letter Kevin. I hope "someone" well anyone really, got to read it.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is a great letter. It should get dug on the internet and put everywhere, in my opinion.

And this is the best part:

It is the ultimate tech of introversion: to use the shame and guilt of people against them.

Well done on getting out, Feral.

I wish you the best of new lives!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is a great letter. It should get dug on the internet and put everywhere, in my opinion.

It's not appropriate for wide distribution as it is written using Scn lingo.

And by "dug" I assume you mean "Dugg."

OK, I've done my Alanzo put-down for today and so can reward myself with a cup of coffee. :)

Paul

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for posting this Feral.

I think you have very accurately pointed out very specific outpoints.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ferral, Thanks for posting your letter. I didn't realize they were making OTVIIs look for MWHs in session. I thought that was only on the lower levels. MWH is the exact thing that got me "unstuck" from the CofS. How could a person F/N at the examiner, eat lunch, grab a smoke or two, pee and go back in session with a MWH after 45 minutes out of the chair? This happened to me constantly. Thankfully I found a "pat" MWH that the auditor accepted over and over and over again. And one MWH that another auditor accepted wasn't even a MWH per the definition. The person involved knew everything I'd done, since I talked to him about it.

I'm sorry you had to go thru "hell" for 8 long years. I wish you well in your recovery.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How could a person F/N at the examiner, eat lunch, grab a smoke or two, pee and go back in session with a MWH after 45 minutes out of the chair?

A MWH is a WH that got restimulated - you got reminded of it. It suddenly appeared smacked up against your nose and you went ouch. The tech dictionary definition and standard handling per the Ruds Defn and Patter HCOB lay in a false understanding on most people.

Example: You're walking down the street and a cop car drives by. As soon as you see the cop car you are reminded of that withhold, maybe some overt you did, or maybe just something you haven't told people like you're really God or an alien or a secret millionaire. That is a MWH. It really is. Honest!

The standard handling per that HCOB, if you even get to voice that particular "miss" because you know damn well it doesn't fit in the definition you've been given, is the auditor asks, "What did [the cop] do to make you wonder whether or not he knew?" and you know he didn't do anything at all because there is no way he could have known, so you invent something like "he breathed" just to have an answer to give the auditor. And it doesn't relieve because it's not the exact truth of the situation. And if you try to express the exact truth of the situation the auditor (unless he's been well-trained) won't really accept your answer because it doesn't align with his understanding of the mechanics involved.

If the same MWH comes up again and again then it hasn't been fully discharged. Often this can be done by discharging all those "missed" misses - just spotting them and recognizing them for what they are. I've line-charged for minutes on end just spotting ALL the misses for withholds that kept coming up. There can be hundreds of such misses, knowing full well that the other person didn't have the faintest clue that I had such a withhold. And it doesn't have to be a person you see. It can be a cat. God. A person on the other side of the planet you suddenly think of. A table (really!).

So that is how a MWH can come up in the 45 minutes since the last session.

Use my Rub & Yawn Confessional Session video to handle any missed misses if you like :):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBQTet1gLw

Paul

Last edited:

Stephanie

Patron with Honors
Feral! 800k? Get a refund asap! Thanks immensely for sharing, I definetly won't be doing ot7. Between Pattycake and yourself- what a waste of time- your time that you can't get back. You should get refunded for your wasted years- time that you can't get back.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You should get refunded for your wasted years- time that you can't get back.

Morally, yes. But there is no clear legal avenue to doing so. The CofS refund (not repayment of unused monies on account) policy only covers three months since taking the service paid for.

Paul

Div6

Crusader
Morally, yes. But there is no clear legal avenue to doing so. The CofS refund (not repayment of unused monies on account) policy only covers three months since taking the service paid for.

Paul

But what about the massive FRAUD involved? They were promised and promoted that what they were getting was "Standard Tech". They were not delivered "Standard Tech", but something else entirely...DM Squirrel Tech.

That is Fraud. And Abuse......hmmm...intentionally inflicted emotional abuse is a civil tort in many countries, despite Hubbard's nonsense in the Bolivar PL about "life has to have the right to kill its enemies".

Oh, for some deep pockets for litigation......there could be lulz in them thar hills...

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But what about the massive FRAUD involved? They were promised and promoted that what they were getting was "Standard Tech". They were not delivered "Standard Tech", but something else entirely...DM Squirrel Tech.

Sure. I carefully said clear legal avenue. :)

Paul

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to Dulloldfart

Paul

The clear legal avenue is commercial law and the filing limitations on fraud and breach of contract. Typically such limitations are around 5 years. 8 years ago may be too long.

Vinaire

Sponsor
The clear legal avenue is commercial law and the filing limitations on fraud and breach of contract. Typically such limitations are around 5 years. 8 years ago may be too long.

But what if the service was being delivered until a year ago when the person finally realized the fraudulent nature of it upon not getting the promised results after all these years?

Smitty

comment to feral

Good letter, but I don't think you will ever get a sequitur reply. The response will minimally be the Hubbardian "deadfile", and more likely an SP declare. That means they realize you have caught onto their scam.
I suggest you look below the level of the dogma and ask yourself these questions:

Did I ever have a missed withold before scientology?
Did I ever have an ARC break before scientology?
Where is the evidence that there are body thetans?
Could the phenomena that body thetans are used to describe, be attributable to something else?
Lastly, check out Idenics: http://www.idenics.com
It is FAR superior to scientology and, in my experience, handles the BT phenomenon.

Smitty

reply to Vinaire

But what if the service was being delivered until a year ago when the person finally realized the fraudulent nature of it upon not getting the promised results after all these years?

Statutory or common law applies here.