What's new

Letters to Ron

freethinker

Sponsor
You mean the photo was shooped? Is that Volney Matheson?

mathison_hubbard.gif

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
This deserves its own thread, even if it was brought up before. Good find, thanks!

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
I have second-hand knowledge of goings on on the Apollo in '70-'71, which include the SO #1 line being pretty much exactly as described by Gerry and Face. Gerry remembers the unit as having about 20 members. I think it was smaller than that in the very early '70s, but not different otherwise.

The same source told me two other things that were later proven true; that it was the kiss of death to be caught gawking at Suzette, and a description of Hubbard's physical attack on Otto Roos. Arnie Lerma verified the first, and Otto verified the second, so I don't doubt the SO #1 line info at all.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember being declared and thrown out on the street literally, from Dean Stokes mission.
I had previously written several letters to Ron, trying to not sound like a victim... but also asking for explainations or opinions on some of my observations about my staff experience.

I was paying off my freeloader debt, somehwere in the thousands, a penny at a time really while trying to get back on my feet.

I moved to Austin, and visited the org there. They wanted me to join staff, and I was more than willing. But, I explained my disgraceful situation to them. And like magick, I was suddenly undeclared and my freeloader debt forgiven by the IJC! Free Labour, errrmmm, I mean the SO#1 line works!

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
Volney Mathison did some shooping of his own after being taken to the cleaners by Hubbard

sad story is sad

Mathieson shooped it? It would be fascinating if true, but seems unlikely.

If it was the church that had altered an original photo of Mathieson, then it would be an amazing find.

However, based on your reply, I’m assuming it was done by someone to make it falsely appear as though the church had altered an earlier original.

Bit disappointing, but there’s no shortage of other (true) information to pull the church up about.

After twenty odd years of sackfulls of awkward questions and moaning about case I can see why he'd pass it on to staff, but it's not OK to lie.

as to lying, the injunction in the ten commandments is "thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor" then in the gnu testament the nazarene enjoins us to speak the simple truth

as to the truth of the SO1 line, i believe any intelligent person would presume that ron would not be personally examining everything that came in on the line

and...

when i joined staff i got a chance to examine the seven division org board, and as small as this detail might seem i recall it quite well more than forty years later because it is significant...

in the lrh communicator section one of the posts was "keeper of the signature" and i noticed that and noted it because it made clear the properly presumed truth that most responses on the line were from staff. this is a detail that has the quality of impeccability to it; it makes open the exact truth of nature of the SO1 line

it is also good to get the further reports of the units. again, ron knowing the importance of the line ensured an exceptionally competent person was in charge of it

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
Volney Mathison did some shooping of his own after being taken to the cleaners by Hubbard

sad story is sad

Dox?

Mathison died 24 years before Photoshop 1.0 was released, so if he shooped it, he was unquestionably more OT than Hubbard.

Arnie Lerma has the Mathison pic on his site, where they layout (with caption) makes it seem to be a scan from one of the booklets Mathison published in the early-mid '50s. Maybe Arnie can speak to its origins when he's back from Flagdown.

AnonKat

Crusader
Dox?

Mathison died 24 years before Photoshop 1.0 was released, so if he shooped it, he was unquestionably more OT than Hubbard.

Arnie Lerma has the Mathison pic on his site, where they layout (with caption) makes it seem to be a scan from one of the booklets Mathison published in the early-mid '50s. Maybe Arnie can speak to its origins when he's back from Flagdown.

Short, Hubbards picture has more detail

Long, The man behind Hubbard loses a hand and another man part of his wrinkled sleeve when Volney is pasted in

AnonKat

Crusader
Dox?

And finally:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...int-Hill-Scientology-re-writing-history/page4

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors

Yeah, it was analyzed by another bunch of non-experts some time before that, with a different outcome, here: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=24655

I was just curious because the meter in the pic - with two dials - looks identical to the one Mathison patented in 1956 and continued using until maybe '58. IIRC, Hubbard wouldn't have used a Mathison meter after about '53.

The Mathison pic is supposed to be from a booklet of his, The Future is Here! which was published around 1957.

Last edited: