What's new

Letters to the editor - SP Times

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
Some interesting letters to the editor.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/letters/article1013769.ece

The St. Petersburg Times' June 24 editorial The abuse behind Scientology's facade proves beyond doubt that any aura of objectivity in the Times' so-called "special report" was illusory. The report attempted to give the appearance of balance by quoting statements from Church of Scientology representatives, but the editorial exposes this exercise as a hollow pretense. continued........ (see the link)

DCAnon

Lol, and I even think they're doing their best to balance it out when they publish it!

sandygirl

Quote from Lynn Irons Executive Directior of COS Tampa/Clearwater

If you want to know the character of a man, don't ask his ex-wife.

This is one of Scientology's responses to the inital article:

Church spokesmen, executives, attorneys and others flew in from around the country to meet with reporters in Clearwater. The parade started with ex-wives of the three male defectors. All three are Scientologists still. Each praised Miscavige's visionary leadership and said their ex-husbands can't be trusted.

Jennifer Linson said her ex, Tom De Vocht, had a reckless streak. Anne Joasem said her ex, Marty Rathbun, "lives for war.'' Cathy Rinder said her ex is so out of touch with their children he doesn't know his 24-year-old son has skin cancer.

I'll state it again. What a bunch of lame-ass morons. Doesn't anyone coordinate their statements?

8-8008

Patron with Honors
Quote from Lynn Irons Executive Directior of COS Tampa/Clearwater

This is one of Scientology's responses to the inital article:

I'll state it again. What a bunch of lame-ass morons. Doesn't anyone coordinate their statements?

Well this is crap what the ex wifes are saying. I know a former scientologist, SP now, who was at Gold for many years. I gave her the link for the articles. She told me it is totally true. She was there, saw it too.
FUCK THOSE EX WIFE. MAN, THEY NEED TO WAKE UP :angry:

Ladybird

I wonder why Kathy Rinder didn't tell the Saint Pete/Tampa Bay Times the story about her and Mikes baby who died at the QI (Quality Inn) on Highway 19 at Flag? I am very sorry for what happened to them, but the fact is David Miscavige did not allow Mike Rinder to go to his baby's funeral or to be with his wife during this horrible time of losing a child.

I was there and it was quite a flap at the time, and especially since Mike didn't come to the funeral and be with his wife.

There are tons of old posts on this, just google Mike Rinder. I can't understand Kathy turning on her husband and standing up for the cult after all they have been through at the hands of the cult and David Miscavige.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/aznaran19940307.html#18

THE DEATH OF MIKE RINDER'S BABY

18. Mike Rinder, a member of the CMO International and his wife, Kathy, had a newborn baby in Clearwater, Florida in the early eighties. Mike Rinder was in Gilman Hot Springs, California at the time. This baby died when only a few days old. The baby had received Hubbard's baby care technology. After the baby died, Rinder asked to receive some time off to go to be with his wife and family.

When Miscavige was told of this, he responded that time off was "bullshit" and Rinder did not need time off, he just needed to work as his stats ("statistics") were down. Besides the baby would get another body and there was nothing to be so upset about.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
I wonder why Kathy Rinder didn't tell the Saint Pete/Tampa Bay Times the story about her and Mikes baby who died at the QI (Quality Inn) on Highway 19 at Flag? I am very sorry for what happened to them, but the fact is David Miscavige did not allow Mike Rinder to go to his baby's funeral or to be with his wife during this horrible time of losing a child.

I was there and it was quite a flap at the time, and especially since Mike didn't come to the funeral and be with his wife.

There are tons of old posts on this, just google Mike Rinder. I can't understand Kathy turning on her husband and standing up for the cult after all they have been through at the hands of the cult and David Miscavige.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/aznaran19940307.html#18

I'm suprised Miscaviage did not take the opportunity back then to
order Ridner to sell the dead baby to a medical school or to some medical
lab and "donate" the proceeds to the "clear the planet" fund.
I understand medical schools pay handsomely for cadavers, an
infant perhaps demands a premium.

On that grusome subject, where are pregnant SeaOrgers sent to
get their abortions? Surely, they are not allowed to pick their
own abortionist? Does the Sea Org maintain a "staff abortionist"?

At what stage of pregnancy is the typical Sea Org abortion performed?
What happens to the aborted dead babies?