Like other religions?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Well, I remember that LRH said on one taped lecture that no one would find Scientology anywhere on the Whole Track (i.e. Scientology is new). Sorry, I don't remember which lecture I heard that... but I did hear it. He did say that.

Laffy stressed in several places that his creation was unique in some way. In other words, it had never happened anyplace, anytime ever in the past.

He was obviously trying to cover up its connection to the Western Esoteric Tradition.

It's well documented that Hubbard was associated with Jack Parsons in the Thirties. Do your own research as to what they were up to, but realize that it's connected to Crowley, and the Qabbalistic Lodges that were around in the 1880's. If you don't see that, then you have more research to do.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Laffy stressed in several places that his creation was unique in some way. In other words, it had never happened anyplace, anytime ever in the past.

He was obviously trying to cover up its connection to the Western Esoteric Tradition.

It's well documented that Hubbard was associated with Jack Parsons in the Thirties. Do your own research as to what they were up to, but realize that it's connected to Crowley, and the Qabbalistic Lodges that were around in the 1880's. If you don't see that, then you have more research to do.

I know. I've already read all about that.