What's new

Lisa Marie Presley disses Scientology

NxdBSC

Patron
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/11/lisa-marie-presley-church-tony-ortega-so-long/

Lisa Marie Presley implies she’s defected from Scientology in a new interview, longtime church watcher Tony Ortega writes in a new blog.

Discussing her 2012 song “So Long” with CBS’ omg! Insider, Elvis’ daughter told the show’s Kevin Frazier the tune’s topic matter was “pretty self-explanatory.” (The lyrics in question to the tune? “This here is a city without lights/ Those are all the people without eyes/ Churches, they don’t have a soul/ Soup for sale without a bowl/ Religion so corrupt and running lives/ Farewell, fair weathered friends/ I can’t say I’ll miss you in the end.”)

She told CBS, “I had a very obscure and actually completely blocked view of reality for a very long time.

PHOTOS: Shocking Stories You Didn’t Believe But Turned Out To Be True

“So, when I got rid of all these nuts in my life and these — whatever, they’re crazy … people — away, that I was like, ‘OK, I’m going to go find out what’s really going on out there.”

Ortega wrote that “although the word ‘Scientology’ [was] never uttered by Frazier or Presley, it’s only too obvious that her answer is all about leaving the church.

“And what an answer.”

PHOTOS: Elvis’ Granddaughter Riley Keough Looks Just Like Lisa Marie & Priscilla Presley

Ex-Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder told Ortega he thought Presley was “less circumspect than I have heard her before, about her views of the church.”

Purple Rain

Crusader
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/11/lisa-marie-presley-church-tony-ortega-so-long/

Lisa Marie Presley implies she’s defected from Scientology in a new interview, longtime church watcher Tony Ortega writes in a new blog.

Discussing her 2012 song “So Long” with CBS’ omg! Insider, Elvis’ daughter told the show’s Kevin Frazier the tune’s topic matter was “pretty self-explanatory.” (The lyrics in question to the tune? “This here is a city without lights/ Those are all the people without eyes/ Churches, they don’t have a soul/ Soup for sale without a bowl/ Religion so corrupt and running lives/ Farewell, fair weathered friends/ I can’t say I’ll miss you in the end.”)

She told CBS, “I had a very obscure and actually completely blocked view of reality for a very long time.

PHOTOS: Shocking Stories You Didn’t Believe But Turned Out To Be True

“So, when I got rid of all these nuts in my life and these — whatever, they’re crazy … people — away, that I was like, ‘OK, I’m going to go find out what’s really going on out there.”

Ortega wrote that “although the word ‘Scientology’ [was] never uttered by Frazier or Presley, it’s only too obvious that her answer is all about leaving the church.

“And what an answer.”

PHOTOS: Elvis’ Granddaughter Riley Keough Looks Just Like Lisa Marie & Priscilla Presley

Ex-Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder told Ortega he thought Presley was “less circumspect than I have heard her before, about her views of the church.”

It's a big step when you're a Scientologist to commit the unforgivable sin - looking for yourself - reading "entheta". I think her dad would be proud and it sounds like she's so much happier now the scales have fallen from her eyes and her life is her own.

[video=youtube;J2agB2S9x2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2agB2S9x2Q[/video]

NxdBSC

Patron
http://www.theweekender.com/news/WK...Lisa-Marie-Presley-cuts-her-own-creative-path

In the latest news,

“If there’s anybody here tonight that’s not here for the purpose of the show, but for some other creepy reason, this one goes out to you,” said Presley with a half laugh when introducing “You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet,” a song that she also unapologetically admitted caused some trouble upon its initial release. Several tracks on “Storm & Grace” were apparently inspired by Presley’s separation from a certain church sometimes associated with Hollywood, and the experience apparently not only provided her with a fiery muse, but also inspired some of her best work. “You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet” is a fine song and will now always likely be seen as one of Presley’s signature numbers.

Does she think some members are watching her??? interesting. i was at another one of her shows this past wednesday. once again she said before you aint seen nothing yet how she wrote this and meant it, still means it and always will. her security were militant about anyone taking video. before another song, soften the blows, she said she wrote it when she uncovered things that she had been involved with and how they were corrupt and destroying her well being. The lyrics are below if anyone wants to read into it.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lisamariepresley/softentheblows.html

After seeing her again..shes 100% no question out. and it kind of confirmed that she is still afraid of what will happen next. she was as lovely and down to earth as ever. i really admire this woman and hope she is ok one day with it.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
^^^^^^^^^

Thank-you for the link; I liked the review! :yes:

Does she think some members are watching her???

Probably she thinks that, and in all likelihood she'd be correct in her thinking.

The cult is obsessed when it comes keeping tabs on celebrities who have left because of the potential PR damage that could be done. So they want to know what she's saying.

They've probably got someone assigned to go to every single one of her concerts, plus view any TV appearances, etc.

Lisa should be careful about shredding any sensitive papers as well before disposing of them because the cult has a history of collecting the garbage of any individuals who they're gathering intelligence on.

I don't think they care too much about ME but just in case I leave them a note occasionally in my garbage. :biggrin:

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
I saw an interview with her and her mom from last year at Graceland (for the 35th anniversary of Elvis death) and I could see Lisa-Marie looked uncomfortable. She said that the time she spent at Graceland with her dad when she was little was the happiest years of her life. Do I need to say more?

I also have put both songs on my Facebook page. 'You ain't see nothing yet' and 'So long'. It is the song with the lyrics. Not the official video.

She is giving me strength to put myself out there a bit more. If the daughter of Elvis is doing that, I, for some reason, feel supported.

If you ever read here sometimes, Lisa-Marie, thank you for the bottom of my heart for speaking for those like me who can't have a voice because of the repercussions.

She is the daughter of Elvis. You really believe they will ever do something to her? I do not think so.

Plus, she's got guts. I love that! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw an interview with her and her mom from last year at Graceland (for the 35th anniversary of Elvis death) and I could see Lisa-Marie looked uncomfortable. She said that the time she spent at Graceland with her dad when she was little was the happiest years of her life. Do I need to say more?

I also have put both songs on my Facebook page. 'You ain't see nothing yet' and 'So long'. It is the song with the lyrics. Not the official video.

She is giving me strength to put myself out there a bit more. If the daughter of Elvis is doing that, I, for some reason, feel supported.

If you ever read here sometimes, Lisa-Marie, thank you for the bottom of my heart for speaking for those like me who can't have a voice because of the repercussions.

She is the daughter of Elvis. You really believe they will ever do something to her? I do not think so.

Plus, she's got guts. I love that! :biggrin:

And don't forget her t shirt that says ​ Evil Cult.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
So if she "comes out" what happens with her mom?

IMO, I am pretty sure the disconnection Policy do not apply to them. Imagine applying that Policy to Elvis Presley family! I don't think so! They have power and money and alot and I mean alot of people still loves Elvis (I'm one of them). Treating Elvis daughter and Priscilla that way would be a PR disaster for the cult. Most people respect and love Elvis and his family.

It might have created a family feud. We do not know. We are not there to see but like I said before the interview of last year with LM and Priscilla was kind of strange to me. I suggest you Watch it. It might be me but something is not right. That fuckin cult. Elvis saw right through them the first and only time he set foot in an org. He went out of there and said something like 'Those bastards just want my money' or something like that.

Go figure why Priscilla joined that cult after that! :confused2:

The sad thing is that in the end, it might still create disconnection without the cult having to lift a finger. I hope not.