What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
BTW, I was smuggled out of North Korea in my early teens,...

Whoa whoa whoa. You cannot just say something like that and not follow up! Are you Korean and your family from Korea? (As opposed to maybe diplomatic or an ex-pat family exscaping?) What year did you escape? did you make it to South Korea or China? Where did you end up and get involved in Scientology?

I think we need a thread, seriously this is way more interesting than LMP.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Whoa whoa whoa. You cannot just say something like that and not follow up! Are you Korean and your family from Korea? (As opposed to maybe diplomatic or an ex-pat family exscaping?) What year did you escape? did you make it to South Korea or China? Where did you end up and get involved in Scientology?

I think we need a thread, seriously this is way more interesting than LMP.

I don't feel entirely comfortable going into details on this, because I'm not open with my identity irl on this board. And anyway, I was like 13 and no one's ever bothered to be too truthful with me about what really happenned. And if anyone involved is still alive over there.... you get the idea.

Suffice it to say, I ended up in the U.S. and 30 some odd years later I became very close to this guy who was in. He knew I was going through some difficulty with being recently divorced and suggested Scno would help me. I heard Scno was a cult but not much else. So I told him to get me DMSMH and i'll read it. I also took to google - didn't find ESMB cause it was brand new then. But I found that Steve's scienntology-cult site.

Utimately, I read Hassan's stuff and found ESMB, but not before doing some of that low level Dn auditing (w/o the cans type stuff). Officially I'm "too busy" or "lost interest". Goodness knows I'm good at keeping thoughts like this to myself. I grew up in a place that encouraged it. But I can take intellectual crotch shots - Hassan's strategic interaction seems oddly intuitive to me. That shit brought down Eastern Europe.

:biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
(---snipped just to highlight some of the particularly super cool lines from that post---)

My experiments reveal that your existence is intermittent - a kind of flickering in and out of existence, depending on whether anyone is including you in their awareness or not.

Pleased don't be alarmed by this, as you will continue to subjectively perceive yourself as having linear continuity in time.

One problem being studied is the difficulty of determining whether during the periods when you do exist, you are alive or not. Opinion is divided on this, but we remain optimistic, and wish to reassure you that all that can be done to resolve the problem, will be done.

Of course in the periods when you do not exist, there is no problem, because you are not represented in anyone's awareness. Your support ticket for this issue is 27951. Have a nice day.

All of those lines were soooo fine and i even highlighted a couple really WHOA-COOL! moments

Sindy

Crusader
Tonight in Chicago

Here in Chicago tonight:

6/20 SOX vs Cubs Sox Clubhouse. ... We're excited to have singer and songwriter Lisa Marie Presley throw out tonight's ceremonial first pitch! :)

NxdBSC

Patron
One of the reasons I registered was to reply to this thread. I myself am a former Scientologist. I didn't leave on bad terms the way some do, rather, I just decided it was all too much and too toxic for me.

During my years I had several mutual friends with Lisa Marie. When her first album was released, I helped Capitol Records do promotion for her. To this day, even after I left, Lisa Marie has been in contact and extremely grateful. I'm not sure where I am going with this, but I'm disheartened to see such hate for her. She truly is a class act. I'm not saying i'm her biggest fan in terms of her music, but to try and discredit her because she cannot fill her fathers shoes seems unfair. Her voice isn't for everyone; shes the first to say that. Her lyrics are brilliant. I applaud her for having the balls to defy Scientology and put out songs like So Long and You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

As for her leaving Scientology, there is far more to it than what has been discussed in here. Frankly, she has been scared to publicly speak about it. Mind you her mother is still very much a Scientologist, and Lisa and Priscilla have had a rocky relationship from the start. She moved to England to escape them and raise her children far far away from them and their influence. Her rude awakening came with an issue that arose with her first husband(once in her band and a big part of her life, and now is nowhere to be seen). I will leave it at that out of respect for her and her two children. What I will say is she went out swinging and it took A LOT of courage on her part. The hell they have put her through is something I cannot fathom. I never thought they would pull what they did with her, considering how much publicity and money she has thrown their way. She will one day have it in her to speak out, but for now, lets not criticize her for keeping quiet. Things aren't always what they seem. I saw a comment that has stayed with me where someone said she left because of what they did to HER. While what was done to HER was in fact a part of it, it also opened up a can of worms that she did not see. You have to remember Scientology is all she has known. It has been forced upon her since 12 years old.

I didn't write this to be belligerent, and I truly hope I dont come across that way!

Lone Star

Crusader
NxdBSD thank you for joining to post this! You have confirmed some things that I suspected regarding LMP's situation. I am so glad she's out and living her life far away from their clutches. :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
One of the reasons I registered was to reply to this thread. I myself am a former Scientologist. I didn't leave on bad terms the way some do, rather, I just decided it was all too much and too toxic for me.

During my years I had several mutual friends with Lisa Marie. When her first album was released, I helped Capitol Records do promotion for her. To this day, even after I left, Lisa Marie has been in contact and extremely grateful. I'm not sure where I am going with this, but I'm disheartened to see such hate for her. She truly is a class act. I'm not saying i'm her biggest fan in terms of her music, but to try and discredit her because she cannot fill her fathers shoes seems unfair. Her voice isn't for everyone; shes the first to say that. Her lyrics are brilliant. I applaud her for having the balls to defy Scientology and put out songs like So Long and You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

As for her leaving Scientology, there is far more to it than what has been discussed in here. Frankly, she has been scared to publicly speak about it. Mind you her mother is still very much a Scientologist, and Lisa and Priscilla have had a rocky relationship from the start. She moved to England to escape them and raise her children far far away from them and their influence. Her rude awakening came with an issue that arose with her first husband(once in her band and a big part of her life, and now is nowhere to be seen). I will leave it at that out of respect for her and her two children. What I will say is she went out swinging and it took A LOT of courage on her part. The hell they have put her through is something I cannot fathom. I never thought they would pull what they did with her, considering how much publicity and money she has thrown their way. She will one day have it in her to speak out, but for now, lets not criticize her for keeping quiet. Things aren't always what they seem. I saw a comment that has stayed with me where someone said she left because of what they did to HER. While what was done to HER was in fact a part of it, it also opened up a can of worms that she did not see. You have to remember Scientology is all she has known. It has been forced upon her since 12 years old.

I didn't write this to be belligerent, and I truly hope I dont come across that way!

I'm so glad someone with a little insight has finally posted to clear some mystery away. I didn't think anyone had been unjust to LMP, I think there's been mostly positive posts for many pages now. (music criticism, is what it is, but people here are interested in her ties to the cult for the most part. Her singing career is only a factor if she's used it to promote Scio. but no one should take personally an individuals likes or dislikes in music. Hell, I'm sure some people hate Mozart, so it's really neither here nor there. This thread is about her involvement with the cult, all else is secondary noise.)

I think the majority of people her can only too well relate to the hell the cult puts one through, the pain it inflicts on families, and how difficult it can be to leave. I think many were confused thinking that unlike most former cult members Lisa's money, power and celebrity status meant the cult couldn't intimidate her the way it can so many others. She at least had the money and power to use for defense that most lack. But you confirming the hold the cult still has over her mother, the father of her children, etc... Makes it easier to understand. All the money and celebrity in the world can't stop emotional blackmail and manipulations, and in the cults case if that's all they have to try to use against they will play the card to it's utmost.

I have extreme sympathy for all 2nd gen Scientologists - they had no free will or choice in the matter - and that certainly includes LMP. I can only think if her father had lived he would have never let the cult get it's hooks into her as a child. I hope LMP is doing well and recovering from being raised in a heartless cult thanks to her ridiculous mother. I am SO glad LMP had the intelligence and insight to gtfo and save her own children from the same awful experience before it was too late.

I hope one day LMP will fear empowered enough to comment on all of this, or at least just say she's no longer involved, but we all understand that can be very difficult and take a long time when the cult can disconnect you from loved ones. I don't envy her position, because she is a celebrity I'm sure once the cult realized she was bucking they immediately switched tac from ass kissing to full on bully and intimidate with everything they got. A celebrity, of her stature, leaving would have them bringing out the big guns and doing any nasty, visicious, thing under the sun to try and keep her silent.

Good luck LMP, we got your back when your ready! (and believe me the cult has been hit so hard these last few years, I think it would be a PR boom for you and total disaster for the cult if you spoke out or at least let the world know you disagreed with the CoS - just look at Katie Holmes! :) )

Purple Rain

Crusader
I find "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" really empowering and play it quite often. Even if she can't admit to the meaning, anyone who's been in Scientology gets it right away.

FoTi

Crusader

NxdBSC......if Scientology gave her such a bad time and she left, why does she still promote CCHR on her website?

Jump

Operating teatime
This might have been posted already, but Elvis would have been unhappy with Lisa Marie being involved with the Hubbard scam, and glad she left it behind...

all-they-want-is-my-money-elvis.jpg

See: http://www.lermanet.com/cos/lisamarie.html

johnAnchovie

Still raging
NxdBSC......if Scientology gave her such a bad time and she left, why does she still promote CCHR on her website?

I am not sure that it is entirely fair of us to try to hold Lisa Marie to our exacting ex scientologist and critical standards.

The process of re-aligning, if not re-calibrating, ones world following the crushing dissolution of our once firmly held even fanatical, belief in Hubbard's drug addled ramblings is terrifyingly huge.

Those of us fortunate enough to have had some kind of life experience prior to our fateful encounters with the cult at least had something to fall back on however tenuous that may have been. But spare a thought for the unfortunate child brought up in the mind-fuck.

The world is invested by evil whole-track psychiatrists who have invaded every nook and cranny of society and are pushing industrial doses of psychotropic drugs on our children and driving this sector of the universe ever deeper down the dwindling spiral....​

How does one rebuild confidence in a society that is a bewildering mix of self effacing intellectual self-doubt on the one hand and blatantly scurrilous self-promoting hollow bombast (a la Palin and her ilk) on the other?

How does one find a sensible middle ground when one's entire life education has been founded upon the dangerously speculative, paranoid ravings of a neurotic sociopath? When ones social conditioning has been driven by the insatiable emptiness of an edacious self promoter?

In my own case, I would say it has taken me six years; four of that studying in university. Being exposed to the world of intellectual diligence, peer tested theories, reflection and comparison. Encountering the humanity of many wonderful people in the life sciences and the humanities. Delving into the beauty of the huge range and breadth of the canon of world literature; and exploring the worlds and minds of the men and women that produced it.

I was challenged by what was often agonizing confrontations with my own uninformed and mostly warped view. A certain humility was required, not a mindset encouraged in that shallow cult.

This, I am sure anyone who has been through it will agree, is a cognitive process of painful de-programming and re-evaluation. It goes on even long after one has intellectually rejected the poisoned Hubbardian paradigm.

I clearly remember being terrified of this psych imbued world. It was one of the factors that kept me in the cult long after I had seen that Hubbard was an insane fraud.

Lisa has a difficult road to travel now.

Her mother was a fourteen year old kid when she married Elvis. You would have to deduce that her education was not necessarily complete and well balanced at that stage. Her lack of experience and ignorance provided a mind that was prime virgin territory for Hubbard's vicious mind rape. Her wealth and connection to power had the Hubbardites panting. Lisa is possibly more of a product of her mother's cult than she is of her parents. You can bet that Lisa Marie's indoctrination, education, choice of mentors and even political influences were carefully selected, corralled and orchestrated. That would have simply been a matter of good cult business. This scion of music's and then scientology's elite is a product of all that. And by god, for her to rise above it even this far is laudable.

You cannot buy a well informed, sensibly balanced and healthily critical mindset. You have to earn it.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Your point is appropriate, however correcting for the record, Priscilla was 21 when she married Elvis.

Correct. Elvis met Priscilla when she was fourteen. It was in Germany during that two year period while he was in the Army. She was the daughter of a General. She was certainly not uneducated.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Hi NxdBSC,

I am a bit perplexed. You seem to be accusing Danny Keough, her ex, as the source of all her problems, and then switch it to "they", meaning the church, who have her given her hell. Which one is it?

Danny is the father of her first 2 children. He was the stay-at-home Dad for many of their minor years while Lisa Marie went about her career. He and Lisa Marie were close friends. His brother, Thomas Keough, works at Delphian School in Oregon. His mother is the Dean of that school. Their daughter, Riley, is in a relationship with a scientologist and all 3 of them are entrenched with scientologists as friends on their facebook. None of these people look like they are leaving scientology anytime soon.

Are you implying that they all disconnected from Danny, Lisa Marie included? If so, what has he got to do with the "they" who put her through hell?

I was around during the days when Danny and Lisa Marie met. I knew Danny and his friends through the Manor Hotel/CCI, where there were nitely jam sessions and practices - when everyone knew everyone and the place was a fun, creative and unmoderated environment - before management decided to invest money and send in the SO troops to get CC luring in the celebs tenfold. I met Lisa Marie on a number of occasions before and after she met Danny, as she was good friends with my roommate.

I find it difficult to accept that Danny could have invested all that time and effort into his family only to be kicked out by the cult because, say for taking money from her or some such. I could see Lisa Marie kicking him out if he betrayed her trust for the benefit of the church but would'nt that make him good in the eyes of Scientology and the scientologists, especially those in their family?

You've hinted that you know more but you don't say what you really know. If I were Lisa Marie and you were a confident of mine, I'd be pissed at what you have written here. At this point there is no reason not to tell more, presuming that you are not just surmising. I write this because it seems like you are making Danny the target. A target Lisa Marie never mentioned as being the source of her trust issues. Targeting Danny is something the church would do, to redirect attention from itself.

So please do explain further. I think you owe us that.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
If Lisa Marie Presley is trying to leave scientology, she deserves the right to do it at her own planned pace. Many in her family are entangled in scientology connections, as is she.

If she is trying to leave, then she is no different than anyone else trying to avoid disconnection from loved ones. I say give her a break and the benefit of the doubt and let her do what she can, as she can. I know many here are trying to do the same thing with their families.

Her support of CCHR should not be considered as an allegiance to Scientology. She may not have all the facts about it's real purpose. She may well believe they have done some good in helping stop the overmedicating of children. She wouldn't be the first one on that point. I used to support them, too.

Just my 2 cents.