What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

NxdBSC

Patron
I already fear I have said too much. I have too much respect for Lisa to tell her story. Not that I even know it. Only she does. While she has been a public figure her whole life, it's something she has always struggled with. Shes very private regardless of the fact that she has put herself out there with her music. Unfortunately she cannot hide behind usernames like us average folk can. Like I said, I think one day she will be ready. In her own words, "I'll have one hell of a book one day". If my post was too cryptic, I apologize. The only thing I owe is respect to Lisa Marie. The same respect she showed me even after I left when no one else still involved did.

In my original post, I didn't intend to imply that Danny was the source of ALL her problems. What I was trying to say is something that happened on that front is what opened her eyes to a lot of things. A blessing in disguise I suppose. Lisa to this day would still say that Danny is one of the best things that ever happened to her. Unfortunately, as some of us know, it's a scary thing when the church still has a hold on people you care deeply for.

Janon

Patron
In my original post, I didn't intend to imply that Danny was the source of ALL her problems. What I was trying to say is something that happened on that front is what opened her eyes to a lot of things. A blessing in disguise I suppose. Lisa to this day would still say that Danny is one of the best things that ever happened to her. Unfortunately, as some of us know, it's a scary thing when the church still has a hold on people you care deeply for.
IMO these points from Nx are clearly illustrated in a song on Lisa's album so they do ring as true to me.

Thanks for your posts Nx.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Yes, thanks for your posts, nxd.

I always figured that when she talked about cleaning house that Danny Keough was part of the problem. I believe he was living in a guest house on her property. So, it was just like Katie Holmes having Tom's family around, along with the Scientology gardener, tutor, house cleaner, etc. It sounds suffocating. This is obviously sheer speculation, but if Danny was hardcore, then that would mean any time he felt she wasn't towing the line, he would try to either fix it himself, or report her. Ugh.

Then you throw the kids in there, and if he was trying to use them against her, double ugh.

I think it's great she has done as much as she has. And as I posted elsewhere, Kirstie Alley even tweeted that she liked Lisa Marie's album. Maybe Kirstie has one foot out the door, too.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I already fear I have said too much. I have too much respect for Lisa to tell her story. Not that I even know it. Only she does. While she has been a public figure her whole life, it's something she has always struggled with. Shes very private regardless of the fact that she has put herself out there with her music. Unfortunately she cannot hide behind usernames like us average folk can. Like I said, I think one day she will be ready. In her own words, "I'll have one hell of a book one day". If my post was too cryptic, I apologize. The only thing I owe is respect to Lisa Marie. The same respect she showed me even after I left when no one else still involved did.

Thanks for clearing that up about the situation and with Danny. Given time and planning, hopefully Lisa will be able to overcome the obstacles so many of us had and still have to overcome on the disconnection problem. After this Katie Holmes Tom Cruise split PR mess, with her carefully executed divorce from the church and it's hold on her family, things can only get better for the rest of us. In the meantime, we expose the cult for what it is, for what it does and the ripple effect it has on children, families and other loved ones. Best wishes to you.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
One of the reasons I registered was to reply to this thread. I myself am a former Scientologist. I didn't leave on bad terms the way some do, rather, I just decided it was all too much and too toxic for me.

During my years I had several mutual friends with Lisa Marie. When her first album was released, I helped Capitol Records do promotion for her. To this day, even after I left, Lisa Marie has been in contact and extremely grateful. I'm not sure where I am going with this, but I'm disheartened to see such hate for her. She truly is a class act. I'm not saying i'm her biggest fan in terms of her music, but to try and discredit her because she cannot fill her fathers shoes seems unfair. Her voice isn't for everyone; shes the first to say that. Her lyrics are brilliant. I applaud her for having the balls to defy Scientology and put out songs like So Long and You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

As for her leaving Scientology, there is far more to it than what has been discussed in here. Frankly, she has been scared to publicly speak about it. Mind you her mother is still very much a Scientologist, and Lisa and Priscilla have had a rocky relationship from the start. She moved to England to escape them and raise her children far far away from them and their influence. Her rude awakening came with an issue that arose with her first husband(once in her band and a big part of her life, and now is nowhere to be seen). I will leave it at that out of respect for her and her two children. What I will say is she went out swinging and it took A LOT of courage on her part. The hell they have put her through is something I cannot fathom. I never thought they would pull what they did with her, considering how much publicity and money she has thrown their way. She will one day have it in her to speak out, but for now, lets not criticize her for keeping quiet. Things aren't always what they seem. I saw a comment that has stayed with me where someone said she left because of what they did to HER. While what was done to HER was in fact a part of it, it also opened up a can of worms that she did not see. You have to remember Scientology is all she has known. It has been forced upon her since 12 years old.

I didn't write this to be belligerent, and I truly hope I dont come across that way!

I like Lisa Marie and what she has done recently with her new album takes courage. We all know what $cientology can do when we speak out but she did it in a smart way imo :thumbsup:

I dont know why CCHR is still on her website. Maybe she is waiting to really cut all ties with them. Her mom is a $cientologist (hardcore). It must be a struggle for Lisa Marie. We know what scientology does to families.

Celebrity or not, when she is ready to talk she will. If she do not want to, it is her right too. Like all of us. It is her life and it is not up to us to judge her on what she should do or not.

BTW, I love her album. I am going to buy it :biggrin:
Specially 'you aint see nothing yet'.
Boy, can I relate!

NxdBSC

Patron
She confirmed she left Scientology during one of her UK radio interviews(BBC1 I want to say). I don't have an exact quote, but when asked she said she wouldn't go in detail, but alluded to money being stolen, things being leaked when she was in the leaving process, and how it wasn't what she thought it was. She ran far away to England because of the mess it created.

Scientology has been on her banned topics list so I'm shocked she answered. I think she fears losing her mother(again) if she says too much. One day.

She confirmed she left Scientology during one of her UK radio interviews(BBC1 I want to say). I don't have an exact quote, but when asked she said she wouldn't go in detail, but alluded to money being stolen, things being leaked when she was in the leaving process, and how it wasn't what she thought it was. She ran far away to England because of the mess it created.

Scientology has been on her banned topics list so I'm shocked she answered. I think she fears losing her mother(again) if she says too much. One day.

LISA MARIE HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

The Anabaptist Jacques

AnonyMary

Please find that interview and post a link. In regards to matters like this, exs prefer 'dox' to support what is stated. Otherwise it's just a rumor. So do take some time and track down that interview and post the link, please. Thanks

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
She is currently doing press in England. (She was on Later Live with Jools Holland on BBC2 tonight. A TV show, but could this have been it?)

Yes, please do try to find the exact program -- the BBC is difficult about streaming to other countries, so I can't track it down myself.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jason Beghe - are you out there? Can you get in touch with Katie Holmes and Lisa Marie and find out if they got a goldenrod? :coolwink:

If they are declared and the Co$ is keeping it SEKRET (they do love their SEKRETS) - we need an ex scillion/ Sell Ebb or connected to the circles somehow - acting like they are still in - to friend them both and see if you get a call from your local DSA or EO - telling you "Katie and Suri have been declared espee's. They are "squirrels" and bitter, defrocked apostates. Then you can make the announcement on their behalf -

They have reached the EEPEE in Scientology - getting declared espee!!:happydance:

Then notify all Scientologists with an e-mail blast that Katie and Suri are espee's - but Tom Cruise gets to talk with them, hang out - because he is the "only" Scientologist on the planet, per COB!

Tom ruthlessly puts ethics in on himself. He told us in the video he did. :unsure: You guys ... do you think he does? :whistling:

I have been self listing - How come he gets 100 Sea Org slaves working for him for free - get's special VPI treatment at the Int Base - personal chef for his sessions and we get the vending machine at the local Morgue with peanuts for lunch because we spent our last dime getting this awesome session. They are only $1.00.

If you donate $100K to Scamonology - and it was your life savings...it is like Tom Cruise giving Slappy his $230 Million. It is all relative. Do you get that Lurkers? You can go broke giving all to the cult - but Tom Cruise is still sitting on a shit load of cold, hard cash.

Anyone think Slappy is not speaking to him until he makes up the damage. I can't believe ole Slappy will let that cool $230 Million go easily - especially when Tom is nice and vulnerable. Scamonology calls it "necessity level" is up! :nervous:

Kerry

Patron with Honors
If Lisa Marie is out and ran to England to distance herself, why did she buy a place so close to East Grinstead or was that a mistake in the press?

I sure hope she's out and absolutely love the lyrics to the songs in her latest album. :clap: Bloody brilliant.

NxdBSC

Patron
If Lisa Marie is out and ran to England to distance herself, why did she buy a place so close to East Grinstead or was that a mistake in the press?

I sure hope she's out and absolutely love the lyrics to the songs in her latest album. :clap: Bloody brilliant.

I'm not familiar with where she lives out there, but she has had property out there for many years. Shes in a secluded farm area that the press can't get to and her neighbors don't care who she is, other than for the lovely woman that she is.

I tried to find a quote, but nothing. There was a topic about it on her message board, but it has been deleted. All well. She is going on tour in America soon, so heres to hoping it comes up again.

Sindy

Crusader
I am going to do a proper review of this album but I want to say quickly that the music and songs are great. It's a very tasty piece of work. Anyone who is super critical about it is, in my opinion, just not listening. It's excellent.

AnonyMary

Lisa-Marie Presley opens her heart in a frank interview
[video]http://youtu.be/90iPbPXLEzo[/video]

Published on Oct 12, 2012 by itn
Elvis's daughter talks about her career lows and being an honorary Brit in a very frank interview. . Report by Louise Hulland.
http://www.facebook.com/theshowbiz411

fed up

Patron
Hello, all. After a bit of a trying time, I've been able to return to the forums, hopefully for good this time! :)

Some more from Lisa Marie in a Times Magazine interview:

Three years ago, Presley deconstructed her “life and regime I had around me – confidants, friends, hangers-on – when I realised no one was as I thought. There were quite a few betrayals, it was the magnitude of how many... and I didn’t see it. I was in a labyrinth of complete manipulation and didn’t know it. Uncovering it was really shocking. People who I thought were well-intended were not. I got rid of absolutely everybody from my life, besides my husband, children, mother and family.”

She sighs. “Then I began to write: I process pain through music. People don’t understand fame. I’m not whining or saying, ‘Woe is me,’ but you have to question the intentions of the people closest to you. Friends you’ve had your whole life can turn out to be really wrong. I thought I had a good BS detector, but no. Seeing the truth set me free; a lot of the anger has gone.” Explaining Storm & Grace, the title of her third album, she says, “As you get older you get more graceful. You hope to, anyway.”

Was she being cheated of money? “No, it was a sinister scene about control and power, manipulating me into doing things or not doing things. Going to England and writing songs was my therapy.”

[...]

One new song, So Long, features the lyrics: “Churches, they don’t have a soul… Religion so corrupt and running lives/ Farewell, fair weathered friends/ I can’t say I’ll miss you in the end.” Is this a repudiation of Scientology? Has she left the Church? “I write literally and metaphorically,” Presley says, guard cranking up. “People are taking things and going wherever they want with it. When I write a song it’s an open canvas.” I ask again if this song is a rejection of Scientology. “I don’t discuss religion in any capacity,” she says. Is religion important to her? “Belief in something is always very important.” Was Scientology helpful? “I am not discussing religion.” Is faith important to her? “Absolutely. Belief is important.” Does she believe in God? “Again, that question is religious in nature.” Does she believe in something “bigger”? “Yes. I believe it’s important people believe in what they want to believe in to make their lives better.”