What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hello, all. After a bit of a trying time, I've been able to return to the forums, hopefully for good this time! :)

Some more from Lisa Marie in a Times Magazine interview:

Thanks for posting this. Nice to see you back!

I tried but I cannot locate this article by anything you quoted from it.

I hate to have to stress this again but it is important to post things with references that give the who what when factors. - like a link to the article, the date written, the author' name.

Some questions for you:

Which "Times Magazine" publication are you discussing?

Do you mean "Time Magazine" ?

Who is the author?

What is the date of this article"

Do you have a link to the website where it is posted, or is it from a newspaper not on line?

Thanks!

Mary

Terril park

Sponsor

I hate to have to stress this again but it is important to post things with references that give the who what when factors. - like a link to the article, the date written, the author' name.

Some questions for you:

Who is the author?

Do you have a link to the website where it is posted, or is it from a newspaper not on line?

Thanks!

Mary

I read the article so it must be the UK sunday times magazine.

Refusing to talk about religion is not exactly a ringing endorsement of scn
and CO$.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
I read the article so it must be the UK sunday times magazine.

Refusing to talk about religion is not exactly a ringing endorsement of scn
and CO$.

No, but didn't the article refer to her as a Scientologist, or am I thinking of a quote from another source? Not for nothing, but I'd sue the pants off any mag that wrote that about me, or wrote anything else that was a bald faced lie.

So is she out or isn't she? I still wonder.

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Sounds to me - if that article is the real deal and those were her exact quotes, that she is indeed, and out bigtime. BIG TIME~! :yes: :happydance:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I always thought she was a bit kick-ass... and the MJ thing threw me off. Even when I was in, I thought she would be labeled as a 'particle' (a 'particle'/person that they could never quite predict) and I gotta admit that I admired the hell out of her for that. I was envious, because I let my female balls be chopped off for the most part when I got in. I know she probably got catered to because of her 'status', and she might have bucked out sooner if not for that.

She's one that I just think must get out. She still has that glint in her eye...

Lamb

Patron with Honors
I always thought she was a bit kick-ass... and the MJ thing threw me off. Even when I was in, I thought she would be labeled as a 'particle' (a 'particle'/person that they could never quite predict) and I gotta admit that I admired the hell out of her for that. I was envious, because I let my female balls be chopped off for the most part when I got in. I know she probably got catered to because of her 'status', and she might have bucked out sooner if not for that.

She's one that I just think must get out. She still has that glint in her eye...

When I was in and she married MJ, Michael Roberts said that the 'church' was fully behind her on it for 2 big reasons: she could make an easy in to the music scene and become a big star and MJ would be a great catch for the IAS and the 'church'.....:omg:

fed up

Patron

Some questions for you:

Who is the author?

Thanks!

Mary

No worries! My apologies for not including it in the original text! Here's the link to the article, but you have to pay to read: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/article3562764.ece

Here's a screengrab of the cover (https://twitter.com/ViadellaSpiga2/status/257207297539969024/photo/1)

She indicates very strongly that she loved Michael Jackson in the article and goes a bit into her other marriages, albeit briefly. I figured it wasn't something that was on topic so I didn't include it, but I can if you all would like?

Lisa Marie seems very much out but silent on it all. From her initial answers, I wonder if it's something she's itching to discuss or if she just wants to forget about it. She's a little spitfire, so I'm hoping she DOES talk! :)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
While I never liked her while I was in & , shall we say, had some encounters with her at CCLA.
However, as some said earlier, she IS a spitfire so should she decide to speak her mind ?

Uh, she is one of the few people to leave the cult that can afford their legal onslaught.

Do remember that Priscilla took an almost BK estate of Elvis & managed to get it worth about $100 million before handing it over to Lisa Marie.

( Can anybody guess why Lisa Marie was treated like royality by the Co$ ? )

Thid could get fun !

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
She's been performing in small venues in the UK.

[video=youtube;tlYAT-UkfvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlYAT-UkfvQ[/video]

She said she got rid of all her old friends in Los Angeles to move to the UK.

[video=youtube;90iPbPXLEzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iPbPXLEzo[/video]

Kerry

Patron with Honors
On second viewing, well, I just loved it all over again. It's so obvious - to us at least - what she's referring to in this clip. Oh! to have been a fly on the wall in the dwarf's fancy dwelling when this came to his attention~! Yee ha. Go Lisa. You're just beautiful~!!~ And your lyrics are fantastic. :heartflower:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's a new media report from earlier today, from Roger Friedman, writing for www.showbiz411.com

Lisa Marie Presley Shuns Scientology to Raise Money for Real Causes
Lisa Marie Presley is a name you hear in Memphis quite a lot. Tonight (Saturday) she’s performing at an outdoor venue right at the same the massive Blues Ball is taking place across town. Her show’s ticket price was cut from $500 to $300– and the reason given wasn’t that sales were slow but because LMP “wanted more people to be able to afford it.” Whatever.
More imporantly, the event tonight is significant because it’s not for anything to do with Scientology. “She’s out,” a local music insider confirmed to last night.

Read Full Post: http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/09/2...ns-scientology-to-raise-money-for-real-causes

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Lisa Marie Presley Shuns Scientology to Raise Money for Real Causes
Lisa Marie Presley is a name you hear in Memphis quite a lot. Tonight (Saturday) she’s performing at an outdoor venue right at the same the massive Blues Ball is taking place across town. Her show’s ticket price was cut from $500 to $300– and the reason given wasn’t that sales were slow but because LMP “wanted more people to be able to afford it.” Whatever.
More imporantly, the event tonight is significant because it’s not for anything to do with Scientology. “She’s out,” a local music insider confirmed to last night.

Read Full Post: http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/09/21...or-real-causes

^^^^^^^^^
I didn't realize this when I originally posted this article from Roger Friedman but I see that he's got some extra motivation to post about scientology:

Roger Friedman: Celebrity Scientologists Got Me Fired From Fox!

Wow: Roger Friedman's accusing prominent Church of Scientology members Tom Cruise and Kelly Preston of conspiring against him, and he's citing this as the reason he was fired from his job as a showbiz columnist in a lawsuit against Fox.
http://gawker.com/5290155/roger-friedman-celebrity-scientologists-got-me-fired-from-fox

Purple Rain

Crusader
^^^^^^^^^
I didn't realize this when I originally posted this article from Roger Friedman but I see that he's got some extra motivation to post about scientology:

Okay. So I already had little respect for Tom Cruise. I did not know Kelly Preston was so vile, however. To threaten somebody's job - how much lower can you get than that?

NxdBSC

Patron
I was at Lisa's show over the weekend... She opened the set with " So Long" and after said that she always opens with that song because it gets her adrenaline running. Before "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" she introduced the song as one of the most empowering songs she has even written and that when she wrote she meant it and always will mean it. Then went on to say "I think you all know what this one is about" and then joked that she had her evil cult shirt for sale at the booth. There were several media outlets there, so I'm a little disappointed to see that they didn't report on that.

I know I disappeared from this thread..I get that some of us are a little eh over the fact that lisa isn't more vocal about her exit. I personally love how she has handled it.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I was at Lisa's show over the weekend... She opened the set with " So Long" and after said that she always opens with that song because it gets her adrenaline running. Before "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" she introduced the song as one of the most empowering songs she has even written and that when she wrote she meant it and always will mean it. Then went on to say "I think you all know what this one is about" and then joked that she had her evil cult shirt for sale at the booth. There were several media outlets there, so I'm a little disappointed to see that they didn't report on that.

I know I disappeared from this thread..I get that some of us are a little eh over the fact that lisa isn't more vocal about her exit. I personally love how she has handled it.

WHOA! Thank you, NxdBSC!

Now, that's some real DOX. Thank you very much.

And yes, I think we "all know what this one is about."

BTW, where was she playing over the weekend?

And yes, I like how she's handled her departure, too. I think there'll come a day when she'll feel comfortable saying out loud that she's outta there! I'll enjoy it then just as much as all the other celebs who've finally said it.

TG1