What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

Lone Star

Crusader
Okay. So I already had little respect for Tom Cruise. I did not know Kelly Preston was so vile, however. To threaten somebody's job - how much lower can you get than that?

Oh yes...Kelly Preston is a mean, vile, ruthless Scilon Beyatch!!

And now let me tell you what I really think about her.....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
One of the reasons I registered was to reply to this thread. I myself am a former Scientologist. I didn't leave on bad terms the way some do, rather, I just decided it was all too much and too toxic for me.

During my years I had several mutual friends with Lisa Marie. When her first album was released, I helped Capitol Records do promotion for her. To this day, even after I left, Lisa Marie has been in contact and extremely grateful. I'm not sure where I am going with this, but I'm disheartened to see such hate for her. She truly is a class act. I'm not saying i'm her biggest fan in terms of her music, but to try and discredit her because she cannot fill her fathers shoes seems unfair. Her voice isn't for everyone; shes the first to say that. Her lyrics are brilliant. I applaud her for having the balls to defy Scientology and put out songs like So Long and You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

As for her leaving Scientology, there is far more to it than what has been discussed in here. Frankly, she has been scared to publicly speak about it. Mind you her mother is still very much a Scientologist, and Lisa and Priscilla have had a rocky relationship from the start. She moved to England to escape them and raise her children far far away from them and their influence. Her rude awakening came with an issue that arose with her first husband(once in her band and a big part of her life, and now is nowhere to be seen). I will leave it at that out of respect for her and her two children. What I will say is she went out swinging and it took A LOT of courage on her part. The hell they have put her through is something I cannot fathom. I never thought they would pull what they did with her, considering how much publicity and money she has thrown their way. She will one day have it in her to speak out, but for now, lets not criticize her for keeping quiet. Things aren't always what they seem. I saw a comment that has stayed with me where someone said she left because of what they did to HER. While what was done to HER was in fact a part of it, it also opened up a can of worms that she did not see. You have to remember Scientology is all she has known. It has been forced upon her since 12 years old.

I didn't write this to be belligerent, and I truly hope I dont come across that way!

I'm so glad you posted again NxdBSC! I went looking for the above post because there were some people who purported to be blogging from the celebrity centre that claimed she was still in - and I knew that somebody with inside information had posted on here and I really wanted to find it. Please tell her from me that I'm so happy she is really out and very, very proud of her. I hope she has had a lot of healing since your last post and is really enjoying life and having a ball. Thanks again for posting!

I was at Lisa's show over the weekend... She opened the set with " So Long" and after said that she always opens with that song because it gets her adrenaline running. Before "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" she introduced the song as one of the most empowering songs she has even written and that when she wrote she meant it and always will mean it. Then went on to say "I think you all know what this one is about" and then joked that she had her evil cult shirt for sale at the booth. There were several media outlets there, so I'm a little disappointed to see that they didn't report on that.

I know I disappeared from this thread..I get that some of us are a little eh over the fact that lisa isn't more vocal about her exit. I personally love how she has handled it.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Purple, thanks for posting all of that above. I'd not seen NxdBSC's first posting.

All is great news for me.

TG1

Purple Rain

Crusader
Purple, thanks for posting all of that above. I'd not seen NxdBSC's first posting.

All is great news for me.

TG1

Well, it's been controversial because she still has the CCHR link on her website. It went down briefly after she left and was put back up not long afterwards. But I knew that somebody who knew her had posted here, so it was very frustrating not to be able to find that post.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was at Lisa's show over the weekend... She opened the set with " So Long" and after said that she always opens with that song because it gets her adrenaline running. Before "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" she introduced the song as one of the most empowering songs she has even written and that when she wrote she meant it and always will mean it. Then went on to say "I think you all know what this one is about" and then joked that she had her evil cult shirt for sale at the booth. There were several media outlets there, so I'm a little disappointed to see that they didn't report on that.

I know I disappeared from this thread..I get that some of us are a little eh over the fact that lisa isn't more vocal about her exit. I personally love how she has handled it.

What inside joke am I missing? What the evil cult shirt she is referring too?

BTW - glad she's not raising money for CoS, but World Vision isn't much better, it's little more than a CIA front and group trying to push Christianity on 3rd world peoples. LMP needs to research her charities a lot better.

Purple Rain

Crusader

BTW - glad she's not raising money for CoS, but World Vision isn't much better, it's little more than a CIA front and group trying to push Christianity on 3rd world peoples. LMP needs to research her charities a lot better.

LMP_TeeBoth-e1361595323914.png

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Here's a link to The Underground Bunker - scroll down a bit and you'll see the front and back of the shirt.
Does it say "evil" or "cult"? (Or both?) http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/23/scientology-mythbusting-with-jon-atack-fair-game/

Orglodyte

Patron with Honors
One of the reasons I registered was to reply to this thread. I myself am a former Scientologist. I didn't leave on bad terms the way some do, rather, I just decided it was all too much and too toxic for me.

During my years I had several mutual friends with Lisa Marie. When her first album was released, I helped Capitol Records do promotion for her. To this day, even after I left, Lisa Marie has been in contact and extremely grateful. I'm not sure where I am going with this, but I'm disheartened to see such hate for her. She truly is a class act. I'm not saying i'm her biggest fan in terms of her music, but to try and discredit her because she cannot fill her fathers shoes seems unfair. Her voice isn't for everyone; shes the first to say that. Her lyrics are brilliant. I applaud her for having the balls to defy Scientology and put out songs like So Long and You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

As for her leaving Scientology, there is far more to it than what has been discussed in here. Frankly, she has been scared to publicly speak about it. Mind you her mother is still very much a Scientologist, and Lisa and Priscilla have had a rocky relationship from the start. She moved to England to escape them and raise her children far far away from them and their influence. Her rude awakening came with an issue that arose with her first husband(once in her band and a big part of her life, and now is nowhere to be seen). I will leave it at that out of respect for her and her two children. What I will say is she went out swinging and it took A LOT of courage on her part. The hell they have put her through is something I cannot fathom. I never thought they would pull what they did with her, considering how much publicity and money she has thrown their way. She will one day have it in her to speak out, but for now, lets not criticize her for keeping quiet. Things aren't always what they seem. I saw a comment that has stayed with me where someone said she left because of what they did to HER. While what was done to HER was in fact a part of it, it also opened up a can of worms that she did not see. You have to remember Scientology is all she has known. It has been forced upon her since 12 years old.

I didn't write this to be belligerent, and I truly hope I dont come across that way!

I hadn't read this before. I think Scientology is tougher on their celebrities than I have been assuming. Seems the common wisdom is they are in a cushy bubble. But Nancy Cartwright looks beaten up lately. Leah has gone through hell. Apparently they put Lisa Marie through hell too. Travolta is ridiculed behind his back, surely he knows it -- what has he been through?

Sigh, always worse than you think.

I was really happy to see Lisa Marie publicly support Leah Remini. Jennifer Lopez too! Both with parents in the church. Brave, good people.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Well, to me, it's a bit like asking, "Is this a slave market or the bust of Voltaire or both?"

I'll answer with 'both' for both - the cult&evil shirt and the slave market&Voltaire bust.

And note, too, we neither of us provided "Or neither?" as an option to the viewers, either. :coolwink:

JB

Purple Rain

Crusader
I hadn't read this before. I think Scientology is tougher on their celebrities than I have been assuming. Seems the common wisdom is they are in a cushy bubble. But Nancy Cartwright looks beaten up lately. Leah has gone through hell. Apparently they put Lisa Marie through hell too. Travolta is ridiculed behind his back, surely he knows it -- what has he been through?

Sigh, always worse than you think.

I was really happy to see Lisa Marie publicly support Leah Remini. Jennifer Lopez too! Both with parents in the church. Brave, good people.

Oh, I missed where Lisa Marie publicly supported Leah, I think! I'd love to read that link if you could find it easily!

Bigone

I dunno how old this news is, but one of my spies told me that Lisa Marie Presley is out. Evidently something to do with her being told to disconnect from a family member and her not wanting to and she decided to drop the church instead. :unsure:
I guess this is old news now, but I didn't know that. It's a shame to lose her.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

YES!! Thank you, Purple Rain for posting this picture! I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. IT DOES SAY 'EVIL CULT."

I saw it a few months ago, and recognized it, but the person I showed it to, an artist, did not see it. I looked for it just yesterday, and could not find it.

Any idea where these may be gotten?

Thanks again.