What's new

Lisa Marie Presley's exit on the cover of The Enquirer!

Leland

Crusader
What is your source for the above bolded statement? I have never read of that or hear of it. The only thing she did was make her album and then have an interview with Oprah to discuss changes she made in here life, with the people in her personal circles. But she has, to my knowledge, never stated or announced that she has left Scientology.

She has family members who are scientologists. Her mother, her daughter, possibly her son. Definitely her ex-husband Danny Keough and his family.With ties like this, one just doesn't make such an announcement publicly, if they don't want risk disconnection. No, she's played it safe and made the most of things. If she's out the family will remain connected as long as she personally speak out critically about scientology or announce a 'public departure'. Sogs can be interpreted any way people want to see them.. she can't be held as committing a suppressive act for hving written them. I'd say after she did a clean sweep of the bad people in her life who were underhanded with her, including her ex-husband as her estates man, she did the right thing and moved on with her family and career, leaving the rest of the world to wonder. :thumbsup:

But I have never seen or heard of an announcement that she left the church.

Well, I can't find it now, but I was referring to a post by Smurf is which he linked to a 2012 Enquirer article about Lisa Marie....(in which I assumed they stated she had left the C of S.) The point being that this current article is basically a rehash of old news, which first came out in 2012. (which I was made aware of by Smurf......but do somewhat remember hearing about)

I have not read the 2012 article, nor have I read the current article that is now on the new stands.

Sorry that I was not clear in my writing. I guess I like to comment on things......that I've never read?

I do agree with Anonycat's take on the current article......No denial speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Zoey2014

Patron
Lisa's daughter is out. I saw her on a talk show months back and she vaguely said she was never really into it in the first place. I was surprised the media didn't pick up on it. As for her son, I think he is also out as he and Lisa are extremely close and he was there with her during the shitstorm.

Lisa's whole exit baffles me. Priscilla supported her Storm and Grace album which has several anti scio messages/songs. Do we know if Cilla is still involved?

I also remember Krustie Alley tweeting Lisa saying she missed her, to which Lisa never responded. She doesn't even follow her. I think it was during the Leah fiasco so it could have been a way to save face.

I need answers :)

Leland

Crusader
No, Leland, Lisa Marie to this day owns Graceland outright. Remember, Lisa Marie was the inheritee of her father's estate. Prisilla just managed it until Lisa became of age. IIRC the age for Lisa to take full control of management of the estate was 25. Prisilla apparently got really good advice during her management of the estate and by the time it was turned over to Lisa Marie it was worth far more than it had been at the time of Elvis' death.

Lisa Marie gave an excellent one-on-one interview to Oprah Winfrey at her home in England several years after Michael Jackson's death. It was shortly after she had her twins, whenever that was. She talks about her current marriage, her children, her move to England, and lots of other things. I was quite surprised at the wide ranging questions that she was willing to answer. I'm sure this interview is on youtube because that's where I watched it. In it she discusses her marriage to Jackson and she skirts Winfrey's questions about the Cof$ but it is very, very obvious that she is OUT of it.

Yea, I didn't think Graceland had been sold.....but some other house had. Here is one that was sold in 2012:

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles...y-s-beverly-hills-home-sells-14-5-million.htm

Agreed, Lisa Marie did not sell Graceland....but she sold the Elvis "Estate".....for around 100 million......here:

http://www.today.com/id/6725704/ns/...rie-presleyselling-elvis-estate/#.U9w2zUiQ6X0

It appears that the $45 million amount mentioned in my post above...was what the Elvis Estate earned last year.

And Lisa Marie is selling her own personal home in LA...for $5 million? Here:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2010/12/03/lisa-marie-presley-sells-l-a-home-for-5m/

:eyeroll:

Leland

Crusader
Yea, I didn't think Graceland had been sold.....but some other house had. Here is one that was sold in 2012:

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles...y-s-beverly-hills-home-sells-14-5-million.htm

Agreed, Lisa Marie did not sell Graceland....but she sold the Elvis "Estate".....for around 100 million......here:

http://www.today.com/id/6725704/ns/...rie-presleyselling-elvis-estate/#.U9w2zUiQ6X0

It appears that the $45 million amount mentioned in my post above...was what the Elvis Estate earned last year.

And Lisa Marie is selling her own personal home in LA...for $5 million? Here:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2010/12/03/lisa-marie-presley-sells-l-a-home-for-5m/

:eyeroll:

Just a thought.....it seems a bit fishy that one would sell an "estate" that earns $45 million per year....for $100 million. Perhaps there is more to that story...?

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Here's a complete interview with Ms. Presley dated March 16, 2014 - http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/relative-normality-20140311-34irr.html

Excerpts (my bold):

It’s a little intimidating interviewing rock royalty. The publicist has said the subjects of Michael Jackson and ‘‘religion’’, aka Scientology, are off-limits. Added to that, an earlier interview with Presley had been cancelled, because she was suffering from ‘‘food poisoning’’. But Presley, 46, thaws as soon as she’s asked how she’s feeling and happily puts the record straight on a break from rehearsals in LA.

‘‘Ha, I actually have this affliction that’s not serious, it’s not deadly or anything, Epstein-Barr virus, chronic fatigue syndrome. So I battle with that a bit, so I was kind of down and out for a couple of days but anyway, whatever. We’re manning up. I have a world tour! The doctor said, ‘You’re crazy’ and I said, ‘Yes I am but I’m doing it anyway’,’’ she says.

I'd no idea she had E-B/CFS.

JB

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Here's a complete interview with Ms. Presley dated March 16, 2014 - http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/relative-normality-20140311-34irr.html

Excerpts (my bold):

I'd no idea she had E-B/CFS.

JB

For her to "admit" to having this issue says a lot in itself.

I honestly think that when someone finally faces the truth and leaves the cult and is trying to work out what happened there is often an exhaustion (mental and physical) that sets in and can be diagnosed as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia (that's what Debbie Cook had) or Epstein-Barr. When it's happening it's very, very real (trust me I've been there) but with care, most of us seem to recover well eventually.

:)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
No, Leland, Lisa Marie to this day owns Graceland outright. Remember, Lisa Marie was the inheritee of her father's estate. Prisilla just managed it until Lisa became of age. IIRC the age for Lisa to take full control of management of the estate was 25. Prisilla apparently got really good advice during her management of the estate and by the time it was turned over to Lisa Marie it was worth far more than it had been at the time of Elvis' death.

"Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) is the corporate entity that was created by the Elvis Presley Trust to conduct business and manage its assets. EPE was wholly owned by the Elvis Presley Trust/Lisa Marie Presley until 2005.

CORE Media Group currently has an 85% interest in the company Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., including its physical and intellectual properties. Lisa Marie Presley retains a 15% ownership in the company and continues to be involved in major business decisions, as does her mother Priscilla.

Lisa Marie Presley retains 100% sole personal ownership of Graceland Mansion itself and its over 13-acre original grounds and her father's personal effects - meaning costumes, wardrobe, awards, furniture, cars, etc.. She has made the mansion property and her father's personal effects permanently available for tours of Graceland and for use in all of EPE's operations."

http://www.elvis.com/about-epe

Lisa Marie pocketed $100 million for selling 85% of the estate. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1008740,00.html

The president of EPE, Jack Soden, says there is no Scientology influence, nor has the Presley family ever mentioned it while running the estate.

http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/where-theres-smoke-theres-scientology/Content?oid=1106619

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

For her to "admit" to having this issue says a lot in itself.
I honestly think that when someone finally faces the truth and leaves the cult and is trying to work out what happened there is often an exhaustion (mental and physical) that sets in and can be diagnosed as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia (that's what Debbie Cook had) or Epstein-Barr. When it's happening it's very, very real (trust me I've been there) but with care, most of us seem to recover well eventually.
:)

Thanks, Trouble, for providing (as always!) such insightful & thoughtful comments. :thumbsup:

Like you, I thought her admission was commendable in itself, but given her long-term association with Co$, it was especially laudable.

When I read the interview last night, I immediately wondered if Ms. Presley had E-B/CFS - whether diagnosed or undiagnosed - while she was still an active member of Co$. Five years ago? Eight years ago?

If so, that would certainly raise a number of issues + questions, since scientology 'tech' is particularly useless as a medical treatment.

This also makes me wonder about Debbie Cook - how long she'd had [STRIKE]multiple sclerosis [/STRIKE]fibromyalgia prior to leaving Co$ and what, if any, legitimate medical treatment for that condition was permitted/obtained.

JB

ETA: Corrected my error, with much-appreciated assistance from I Told You I Was Trouble, and apologies to all. :)

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, I'm getting the same message. Must be because I live in the UK too.

Yes. It was the first time I had seen such a message, although it is commonplace on Youtube. I assumed (wrongly) it was because they didn't want to pay for the bandwidth in supplying UK visitors with access to their website when it was unlikely to result in much revenue. I was concerned that it was the start of a trend in restricting website access geographically, eventually leading to being unable to view much of the internet from outside one's own country (without getting into TOR or proxies which involves NSA red flag hassles).

So I Googled the phrase and found it came about from some spat involving the UK's more relaxed libel laws.

Paul

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks, Trouble, for providing (as always!) such insightful & thoughtful comments. :thumbsup:

Like you, I thought her admission was commendable in itself, but given her long-term association with Co$, it was especially laudable.

When I read the interview last night, I immediately wondered if Ms. Presley had E-B/CFS - whether diagnosed or undiagnosed - while she was still an active member of Co$. Five years ago? Eight years ago?

If so, that would certainly raise a number of issues + questions, since scientology 'tech' is particularly useless as a medical treatment.

This also makes me wonder about Debbie Cook - how long she'd had multiple sclerosis prior to leaving Co$ and what, if any, legitimate medical treatment for that condition was permitted/obtained.

JB

Multiple Sclerosis? I hadn't heard that ... I was under the impression she had been suffering from exhaustion and perhaps age related hormonal issues (menopause) which were diagnosed as fibromyalgia. I even wondered if she had used the diagnosis (which can't be proved or disproved as there are no actual tests for it just general guides and a system regarding various symptoms) as a way of getting out of the SO (and I hope she did).

I recall (many years ago) a lovely man (aged around 26 at the time) was literally shown straight out the door as soon as his MS symptoms were diagnosed (he and his wife were GO staff) and his wife dumped him straight away too.

Very telling.

He was sent back to his family in New Zealand (from memory) and as usual it was hushed up. I often wonder how he felt and what happened to him., it was very sad seeing him flicked off like a piece of rubbish.

:yes:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Multiple Sclerosis? I hadn't heard that ... I was under the impression she had been suffering from exhaustion and perhaps age related hormonal issues (menopause) which were diagnosed as fibromyalgia. I even wondered if she had used the diagnosis (which can't be proved or disproved as there are no actual tests for it just general guides and a system regarding various symptoms) as a way of getting out of the SO (and I hope she did). <snip>

Just researched and found I was wrong.
There are quite a few credible reports of Ms. Cook having Fibromyalgia and zero with her ever having MS.
Apologies to all and I've edited my original post.

JB

Leland

Crusader

Would love to read the full story by LMP on how they tried to orchestrate & manipulate her life from within the shadows of her own friends, employees and financial professionals.

I remember way back in the day when Bruce (CCHR/OSA goon) Wiseman and company began "handling" her business, finances, investments and taxes.

Can anyone even imagine having Scientology "ghosts" all over your personal and professional life, without having a clue that they were all "reporting" on you to and in collusion with a sociopathic cult leader? What a nightmare!

Gaslighting[SUP]2
[/SUP]
Yup, that's what I meant--gaslighting squared. That's what happens when you are being embezzled and the PI you hire to find the thief is the one stealing millions. (Like I say: Scientology--where the rapist is your ethics officer)

I was in the drug store yesterday.....and saw a tiny front page headline.....(on the Enquirer...the Star....???) That Lisa Marie Presley was going to write a "Tell All Book" and had gotten a mulit million $ advance....or some thing along those lines.

But today....searching the Web.....can't find any mention of a Book Deal....or anything about it.

Might have to go back to the drug store....and try to find out the info.

Just a heads up.....that a new Anti-Scientology book ......might be in the works...from Lisa Marie.

petal

Patron Meritorious
I was in the drug store yesterday.....and saw a tiny front page headline.....(on the Enquirer...the Star....???) That Lisa Marie Presley was going to write a "Tell All Book" and had gotten a mulit million $ advance....or some thing along those lines.

But today....searching the Web.....can't find any mention of a Book Deal....or anything about it.

Might have to go back to the drug store....and try to find out the info.

Just a heads up.....that a new Anti-Scientology book ......might be in the works...from Lisa Marie.

What was her "blow level?"

petal

Leland

Crusader
Well....I ran out of coffee...so went to the drug store...and bought coffee....and an Enquirer.

The Headline is just sensationalism.......Article says there "might be" a deal in play....but no facts....just conjecture.

Don't like the adjacent photo...but is the interest of posting Scamology stuff.....here is the head line.

Leland

Crusader
I was searching on the web....and found this also....It is a much older Enquirer Cover.....

But "good" negative PR for Scamology.....

Interesting it has a pic of the Scamology...."nuclear disaster bomb proof bunker...."

I was searching on the web....and found this also....It is a much older Enquirer Cover.....

But "good" negative PR for Scamology.....

Interesting it has a pic of the Scamology...."nuclear disaster bomb proof bunker...."

National Enquirer covers like that are perfectly suited to the character of scientology.
That is what the world should see. Not the scientology 'safe pointing' crap.

Gib

Crusader
Well....I ran out of coffee...so went to the drug store...and bought coffee....and an Enquirer.

The Headline is just sensationalism.......Article says there "might be" a deal in play....but no facts....just conjecture.

Don't like the adjacent photo...but is the interest of posting Scamology stuff.....here is the head line.

You just described scientology and Hubbard. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: