What's new

Lisa Mcpherson Wrongful Death Civil Suit, Settled or Not?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I think any person who was ever involved in scn more than briefly really does understand the PC folders of Lisa McPherson being "lost".....and never ever found?

I think we all know those folders were deliberately and intentionally destroyed.

I think any person who was ever involved in scn more than briefly really does understand the PC folders of Lisa McPherson being "lost".....and never ever found?

I think we all know those folders were deliberately and intentionally destroyed.

I had my folder and contents destroyed,it is a way of covering up and not ising by the person maybe they truly believe that it didn't happen or covering up something.Surely they are out ethics or maybe they can't handle something they have done or not done maybe an act of destroying a folder and contents gives them a feeling of power and control but doing so shows the opposite

lurkanon

Patron with Honors

The question is WHEN. They were around at the beginning of the litigation.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The question is WHEN. They were around at the beginning of the litigation.

When it became obvious that the contents of the folder ( L 11 , on ) might be called into opeb court as evidence of a crime.

Not only would it show L 11 misrun the ( they think ) secret lists of L 11 would be public knowledge.

Plus, most likely, there were comments or instructions from DM in the folder which would absolutely identify his role in that crime - and make him appear, under oath, in court.......think that made him even more insane?

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
OMG, Mega, that is really interesting. I thought the whole Lisa thing was dead and covered up, but no, as you have shown.

Thank you for this mucho heads-upness.

You can thank OSA. I wouldn't have dug this deep. But, a few years ago, I was talking with an OSA person. I wanted my questions answered and they wanted to "handle" me. I asked about Lisa Mcpherson. On of the replies I got back was, "check the court records." So I did. :footbullet:

I heard that Dandar took another wrongful death case...

IF that is true, and after looking at the docket...
Perhaps this is what is going on..

The Lisa case was settled, the case file was sealed

In 2009 the court reports that all case files have been destroyed per the settlement agreement..so it is over

Dandar may have sought to introduce evidence from McPherson case in his new case., those filing he had would have been stipulated as sealed...or similar.

scientology then sought to enforce the agreed upon settlement agreement sealing the LISA case and trying to bar Dandar from using McPherson filings in his new case.

Somebody appealed this to the appellate court

Somebody, likely Scientology wanted their attorney fees for fighting or winning that appeal

--------------

I am not a lawyer but have fired a dozen of them to survive litigation with Scientology...

Ken Dandar was barred from pursuing further wrongful death cases against the Church of Scientology per his signed agreement in the McPherson case. State court judge Beach fined Dandar $50,000 and threatened to start the adminstrative processtake to disbar him if he did not remove himself from the Kyle Brennan case.

Federal judge Merryman stepped in and overruled Judge Beach & said Dandar could not remove himself from the case. Scientology appealed. The 11th Circuit reversed the $50,000 fine against Dandar but also ruled that federal judge Merryman had erred and the appeals court reversed his order.

It appears Beach's original order to have Dandar removed from the Brennan case will stand after some legal issues are resolved and subsequent appeals are exhausted.

http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/201014967.pdf

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-district-court-of-appeal/1555596.html

:confused2:

Two more docket items, recorded today:
1 TEXT 09/19/2011 DEFENDANT OF PROHIBITION TO THE SECOND DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL
2 ORDR 09/19/2011 DEFENDANT SUPREME COURT ORDER TRANSFERRING PETITION FOR WRIT

Megalomaniac

Another docket item:
APLN 09/21/2011 PLAINTIFF LETTER FROM 2ND DCA RE:ASSIGN APPEAL NO. 2D11-4607 PROHIBITION

Anybody can look this up in a minute by following these steps. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I am will come forward and explain why this case is reported as settled. As far as I can tell, this case (Pinellas County Civil Casel Claims #00005682CI ) is the Lisa Mcpherson wrongful death civil suit. It has more than 3000 :bricks: docket entries. The plaintiffs are LIEBREICH DELL PR and MCPHERSON LISA ESTATE OF. The defendants are CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY, CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY FLAG SERVICE ORGANIZATION, MINTON ROBERT, JOHNSON JANIS, KARTUZINSKI ALAIN, and HOUGHTON DAVID. The action is "WRONGFUL DEATH". It was filed 08/17/00. It's still going on, this week. How is this non-news?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"1 TEXT 09/19/2011 DEFENDANT OF PROHIBITION TO THE SECOND DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL
2 ORDR 09/19/2011 DEFENDANT SUPREME COURT ORDER TRANSFERRING PETITION FOR WRIT "

How the hell is this NOT news?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Gee, n o matter how much money they spent it looks like the death of Lisa McPherson will haunt scientology forever.

And that is as it should be.

Keep reminding the world the world that scientology kills, and kills with no remorse or sorrow.

Does anyone know what this means?

Yesterday's activity:
DCAO 10/03/2011 DEFENDANT DCA ORDER: DENYING PETITION FOR WRIT OF PROHIBITION

1. IANAL

2. DCAO - District Court of Appeal Order

3. This matter is not about the McPherson case. That is closed. See Smurf's post.

4. This matter relates to the Brennan case.

5. Dandar has been ordered to remove himself from the Brennan case by one court and ordered to remain by a different court.

This was as a result of conflicting court interests and legal perspectives about jurisdiction between the two different courts. Different courts have different rules and one court can not typically interfere with another while a case is in progress. The issue arises because of the McPherson case's stipulation to which Dandar had previously agreed and signed denying him the right to bring similar cases in the future for other clients.​

6. Dandar filed a petition requesting a 'writ of prohibition', effectively requesting a higher court's reversal of his judicial removal from the Brennan case.

7. That petition for a writ went up to the state supreme court which then transferred it back to the district court of appeal.

8. The court of appeal has apparently issued an order which denies Dandar's petition for writ and thus effectively requires his removal from the Brennan case.

I could be wrong but that's the way I read it.

Mark A. Baker

Megalomaniac

I was curious, so I checked the public records again. The Pinellas County __ website changed, so I had to do the following:

1. Go to https://public.co.pinellas.fl.us/login/loginx.jsp .
  2. Click [Guest Login]. https://public.co.pinellas.fl.us/mainmenux.jsp opens.
  3. Under Clerk Records, click "Civil/Probate". https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/default.aspx opens.
  4. Under "Select a Location:", choose "Pinellas County".
  5. Click "Civil, Family Case Records". "Civil, Family Case Records" page opens.
  6. At top "Search By:", select "Case".
  7. In "Case" box, select "Number".
  8. In "Case Number" field, enter 00005682CI.
  9. At bottom of page, press [Search]. New page opens giving summary of case:
    • a. Case Number: 00-005682-CI
    • b. Citation Number:
    • c. Style/Defendant Info: DELL PR LIEBREICH, et al vs. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY, et al
    • d. Filed/Location/Judicial Officer: 08/17/2000 / Circuit Civil / FARNELL, CROCKETT
    • e. Type/Status Charge(s): NEGLIGENCE - CIRCUIT / APPEALED
    • f. Charge(s):
  10. Click on link "00-005682-CI". New page "Register of Actions/Case No. 00-005682-CI" opens with a full list of events.

04/24/2013 ATTORNEY COVER LETTER
04/24/2013 ATTORNEY COVER LETTER
04/24/2013 ORDER / (SEALED PER) OF JUDGE ENTERED 121506
03/04/2013 ORDER / ABATING CASE PENDING DECISION OF FL SUPREME COURT
01/31/2013 DCA ORDER: / APPEAL IS DISMISSED (2D12-4655) OPINION NOW FINAL
01/23/2013 COPY / ORDER US DISTRICT COURT MIDDLE DISTRICT OF FL
01/14/2013 DCA ORDER: / DENYING APPELLANTS' MOTION FOR REHEARING/RECONSIDERATION 2D12-4655
12/28/2012 NOTICE OF FILING / TRANSCRIPT
12/28/2012 TRANSCRIPTION OF PROCEEDINGS / OF HEARING 112612
12/28/2012 NOTICE / OF REMOVAL
12/28/2012 ARGUMENT / (CLOSING)
12/28/2012 ATTORNEY COVER LETTER
12/27/2012 ARGUMENT / (FINAL) IN FAVOR OF IMPOSITION OF SANCTIONS
12/26/2012 NOTICE OF FILING / DEPOSITION OF EXPERT
12/26/2012 FAX COPY OF CORRESPONDENCE : / FROM COURT RE: ORDER ENTERED
12/21/2012 ORDER / DENYING DANDARS MOTION TO TERMINATE ALL STATE PROCEEDINGS
12/21/2012 RESPONSE / TO MOTN TO TERMINATE ALL STATE PROCEEDINGS
12/21/2012 DEF/RESP'S MOTION / TO TERMINATE ALL STATE PROCEEDINGS
12/06/2012 ATTORNEY COVER LETTER
11/29/2012 ORDER DENYING / MOTION CONTINUE HEARING AND MOTION FOR STAY
11/27/2012 LIST OF EXHIBITS / (DEFT EVIDENCE - BOX CI-76)
11/27/2012 COPY / 3 FAX COVER SHEETS (TO ATTY DANDAR RE: CLOSING ARGUMENTS & PROPOSED FINAL JUDGMENTS)
11/26/2012 PLTF/PET'S MOTION / TO CONTINUE HEARING AND MOTN TO STAY
11/26/2012 PLTF/PET'S MOTION / (RENEWED) TO VOID MEDIATION AGREEMENT OR AT MINIMUM DEEM IT UNENFORCEABLE
11/20/2012 NOTICE OF FILING / ATTACHED EXAMINATION UNDER OATH OF MARK MARTY RATHBUN
11/08/2012 CORRESPONDENCE TO COURT RE: / NEW LAWSUIT
11/08/2012 ORDER DENYING / DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL; DENYING MOTION FOR STAY
11/07/2012 FAX COPY OF CORRESPONDENCE : / FROM COURT RE: ORDER
11/06/2012 DCA ORDER: / APPEAL IS DISMISSED AS FROM A NONFINAL, NONAPPEALABLE ORDER AND AS UNTIMELY 2D12-4655
11/01/2012 PLTF/PET'S MOTION / FOR STAY
09/19/2012 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION
09/18/2012 LETTER FROM 2ND DCA RE: ASSIGN APPEAL NO. / 2D12-4655 / APPEAL IS NON-FINAL PER DCA
09/18/2012 APPEAL CLERK'S WORKSHEET W/ATTACHMENT

I can't tell if this case is closed. :treadmill: Does anyone know what is happening? I see Marty Rathbun's name on the 11/20/2012 entry. :confused2:

And here's a brain puzzler:
06/27/2012 ORDER DENYING MOTION REHEARING OF DENIAL TO UNSEAL RECORDS
On the question, ' On the question, "Was that suppressed communication?", has anything been suppressed?', has anything been enforced?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was curious, so I checked the public records again. The Pinellas County __ website changed, so I had to do the following:

1. Go to https://public.co.pinellas.fl.us/login/loginx.jsp .
  2. Click [Guest Login]. https://public.co.pinellas.fl.us/mainmenux.jsp opens.
  3. Under Clerk Records, click "Civil/Probate". https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/default.aspx opens.
  4. Under "Select a Location:", choose "Pinellas County".
  5. Click "Civil, Family Case Records". "Civil, Family Case Records" page opens.
  6. At top "Search By:", select "Case".
  7. In "Case" box, select "Number".
  8. In "Case Number" field, enter 00005682CI.
  9. At bottom of page, press [Search]. New page opens giving summary of case:
    • a. Case Number: 00-005682-CI
    • b. Citation Number:
    • c. Style/Defendant Info: DELL PR LIEBREICH, et al vs. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY, et al
    • d. Filed/Location/Judicial Officer: 08/17/2000 / Circuit Civil / FARNELL, CROCKETT
    • e. Type/Status Charge(s): NEGLIGENCE - CIRCUIT / APPEALED
    • f. Charge(s):
  10. Click on link "00-005682-CI". New page "Register of Actions/Case No. 00-005682-CI" opens with a full list of events.

I can't tell if this case is closed. :treadmill: Does anyone know what is happening? I see Marty Rathbun's name on the 11/20/2012 entry. :confused2:

And here's a brain puzzler:

On the question, ' On the question, "Was that suppressed communication?", has anything been suppressed?', has anything been enforced?

Okay - I would like to indicate you have suppressed and enforced. Now...Scientology, has anything been withheld?....WHAT WAS...THAT?...Right There - THAT!! Let me check something...

Lisa McPherson? Okay, very good. Your item is Lisa McPherson! Okay, good! Now...let's check something else...okay, here we go? Scientology, on the item...Lisa McPherson...

Do you have an overt?
Are withholding something?
Who did you kill?
What did you cover up?
Who missed it?
What did they do that made you wonder whether or not they knew???

Where is that witch, Bennetta Slaughter these days...let's get her on the cans!