What's new

Livestreaming now..from Scientology Commuity Center LA - Vaccines

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Anti-vaccine group objects to Scientology event with "racist" Nation of Islam

Anti-vaccine group objects to Scientology event with "racist, bigoted, homophobic, woman-degrading hate group" Nation of Islam.

Age of Autism: Age of Autism Weekly Wrap: Knock-Knock-Knocking on Racism’s Door

http://www.ageofautism.com/2015/06/...rap-knock-knock-knocking-on-racisms-door.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

By Dan Olmsted

My Facebook friends are over the moon about an event Thursday night at the Scientology Community Center in Los Angeles that featured some of our best friends appearing with Nation of Islam’s Tony Muhammad. “Inspiring to see this community coming together to fight for our right to choose what goes into our bodies,” wrote one Facebooker.

As Californians For Vaccine Choice Posted: "FULL HOUSE! They try to split us up but they bring us closer together instead! People of all ages, nations, races all together to fight for our kids! You don't mess with the Nation of Islam, Robert Kennedy Jr. Or Brian Hooker! 'You allow the same media who tells you that your baby got autism from natural causes, tell you about the Nation of Islam.There is wickedness in high places, the pharmaceuticals!' Tony Muhammad, speaking so much truth."

The event was billed as an “Emergency Town Hall Meeting” that seems to have been prompted when Kennedy literally “showed up at my door,” according to NOI leader Minister Louis Farrakhan, to enlist him in the cause. The Scientology venue appears to have been obtained by the Nation of Islam, which now recommends its followers study Dianetics.

Sorry, but to my mind this is not a kumbaya moment. The Nation of Islam is a racist, bigoted, homophobic, woman-degrading hate group. I mean, isn’t it? It is. For Muhammad to compare the coverage of autism and the Nation of Islam is sickening, and it ought to sit poorly with us. It's also choice to talk about "people of all ages, nations, races all together to fight for our kids" and getting "closer together" when NOI doesn't really want white people around -- they want a separate state. ("Rather than preaching a message of unification, NOI calls for segregation and separatism," according to the Web site the blaze.com. "On the group’s web site, the denomination is clear that it wishes for African Americans to live separately from whites.")

Sometimes it's not the media that's your problem, it's the truth.

[SNIP]

I know many in the autism activism community believe there is no problem with this association, that you use what you have to get what you need. Sorry to disagree with that, Friends, but I do. Desperate times call for desperate measures, yes, but not deals with the (small d) devils of racism, bigotry and homophobia.

This brings us to our reducto ad absurdum: Would we go to an Aryan Nation event if they agreed with us? Is "Racists For Vaccine Choice!" a placard we are prepared to get behind?

Not the best week to ask that question.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

https://twitter.com/yayayarndiva/status/612369952855625728

attachment.php

And of course add Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. to the Scientology, Nation of Islam and California Republican Party Coalition Against the Vaccine Conspiracy.

Attachments

• CaliforniaRepublicanParty.PNG
    CaliforniaRepublicanParty.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 183

CommunicatorIC

Jenna Elfman joins Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the Nation of Islam, and Scientology against the Vaccine Conspiracy

https://twitter.com/RyanPrescott4/status/600063228547239936

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=880927105302056&id=831639150230852

attachment.php

Before I's News: Jenna Elfman Stands Up For Parents Rights and Vaccine Choice

http://vaccine-choice.beforeitsnews...arents-rights-and-vaccine-choice-2573544.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * *

By Heather Callaghan

Actress Jenna Elfman, best known as Dharma from the television series “Dharma and Greg,” has been recently vocal about parental rights in California.

Today, SB277, the bill to disallow virtually all childhood vaccine exemptions passed the Senate. Elfman was in the midst of the action, strongly articulating her opposition to the bill for parents’ sake.

Refreshingly, she is leading a social media crusade to allow and encourage pro-vaccination individuals the courage to speak up for medical freedom. She vaccinates her children and speaks positively of vaccines, but has dedicated her time, energy and voice to encouraging parents to shoot the bill down and keep the ability to individualize their healthcare choices such as deciding when/if/how to approach their family doctor and shots.

What heightens respect for Elfman in many people’s eyes is her dedication to other people’s rights despite her personal beliefs.

Credit to Edna Velarde Merritt for this video showing Jenna Elfman standing up for the right to choose and opposing SB277:

Jenna Elfman standing up for our right to choose and opposing SB277!! She was awesome! Credit to Edna Velarde Merritt for this video, thank you!

Posted by Jeany Bowen on Thursday, May 14, 2015

attachment.php

Attachments

• JennaElfmanVaccine.PNG
    JennaElfmanVaccine.PNG
    11.3 KB · Views: 185
  • JennaElfmanVaccine1.PNG
    JennaElfmanVaccine1.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 181
  • JennaElfmanVaccine2.PNG
    JennaElfmanVaccine2.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 173

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
There is a race war going on right now in the US and THIS is what they're up in arms about? Ye gods people are stupid.

[video=youtube;yoLg6GYUwZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoLg6GYUwZQ[/video]

Jenna is badly in need of a vaccination before....

4d588bf68279183f8ab8ffd899208480.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Kennedy is simply bypassing all the bureaucratic red tape in Washington by going straight to the world's three (3) most accomplished and recognized scientific authorities:

* Louis Farrakhan and his fanatical NOI Muslims whose scientific research discovered half-mile circular alien spacecraft over all major US cities, poised to release a torrent of smaller alien attack vessels to bomb and kill all white man--but sparing righteous black members of NOI who are current on their membership fees and tithings.

* L. Ron Hubbard and his fanatical Scientologists whose scientific research discovered 75 million year old aliens that were brought to earth, murdered and then implanted into the bodies of all homo sapiens. Scientologists also believe that by paying $500,000 to get rid of these aliens they will become immortal.

* Jenna Elfman and other fanatical Hollywood actors who believe that anyone who criticizes or disagrees with the alien theories has "raped babies". And further, that by standing in public and screaming "baby raping" accusations at them, people will happily accept the alien threat and begin paying fortunes to the cult to solve it.​

[video=youtube;dtiVP-E2eFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtiVP-E2eFI[/video]​

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

Kennedy is simply bypassing all the bureaucratic red tape in Washington by going straight to the world's three (3) most accomplished and recognized scientific authorities:

* Louis Farrakhan and his fanatical NOI Muslims whose scientific research discovered half-mile circular alien spacecraft over all major US cities, poised to release a torrent of smaller alien attack vessels to bomb and kill all white man--but sparing righteous black members of NOI who are current on their membership fees and tithings.

* L. Ron Hubbard and his fanatical Scientologists whose scientific research discovered 75 million year old aliens that were brought to earth, murdered and then implanted into the bodies of all homo sapiens. Scientologists also believe that by paying $500,000 to get rid of these aliens they will become immortal.

* Jenna Elfman and other fanatical Hollywood actors who believe that anyone who criticizes or disagrees with the alien theories has "raped babies". And further, that by standing in public and screaming "baby raping" accusations at them, people will happily accept the alien threat and begin paying fortunes to the cult to solve it.​

It must be a full moon or something. All of these wingnuts have come together in an anti-scientific orgy.

RFK Jr. has lost all credibility (if he had any left in the first place).

It is only a matter of time before some helpless child contracts polio and becomes paralyzed or whopping cough (pertussis) and dies - oh wait, that happend a few years ago - see below. These childhood diseases have caused untold suffering and misery. From Wikipedia:

"In 2010 ten infants in California died (from pertussis) and health authorities declared an epidemic encompassing 9,120 cases. They found that doctors had failed to correctly diagnose the infants' condition during several visits. Statistical analysis identified significant overlap in communities with a cluster of non-medical child exemptions and cases. The number of exemptions varied widely among communities but tended to be highly clustered. In some schools more than ¾ of parents filed for vaccination exemptions. The data suggest vaccine refusal based on nonmedical reasons and personal belief exacerbated the outbreak. Other factors included reduced duration of the current vaccine and that most vaccinated adults and older children had not received a booster shot."

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It must be a full moon or something. All of these wingnuts have come together in an anti-scientific orgy.

RFK Jr. has lost all credibility (if he had any left in the first place).

It is only a matter of time before some helpless child contracts polio and becomes paralyzed or whopping cough (pertussis) and dies - oh wait, that happend a few years ago - see below. These childhood diseases have caused untold suffering and misery. From Wikipedia:

"In 2010 ten infants in California died (from pertussis) and health authorities declared an epidemic encompassing 9,120 cases. They found that doctors had failed to correctly diagnose the infants' condition during several visits. Statistical analysis identified significant overlap in communities with a cluster of non-medical child exemptions and cases. The number of exemptions varied widely among communities but tended to be highly clustered. In some schools more than ¾ of parents filed for vaccination exemptions. The data suggest vaccine refusal based on nonmedical reasons and personal belief exacerbated the outbreak. Other factors included reduced duration of the current vaccine and that most vaccinated adults and older children had not received a booster shot."

Thanks for entering some much needed truth and life-saving clarity.

Compare that the alien-tales-of-terror told by Hubbard/Farrakhan to their easily frightened parishioners. It's not unlike the proverbial campfire "ghost stories" used to spook little children, but it has some excellent new updated marketing twists. . .

Now, the "ghosts" are not just invisible entities out to get you, they are invisible & vengeful alien entities who (like a video game) you must somehow find and vanquish if you want immortality. That's in essence what Scientology and Nation of Islam are pedaling.

And only Hubbard/Farrakhan (and now Miscavige) have successfully played the video game through to the highest level ("eternity") and the cult members are madly clicking away on their controllers, zapping unseen aliens in their bodies and the skies above.

bird-poster_1818721b-1.jpg

CommunicatorIC

Science Blogs: Cranks of a feather, part 2: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. cozies up the Nation of Islam over SB 277

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2...jr-cozies-up-the-nation-of-islam-over-sb-277/

Last Thursday I took note of a rather fascinating confluence of cranks who have come together to oppose SB 277 in California. For those not familiar with SB 277, it is a bill currently under consideration in the California Assembly that would eliminate nonmedical exemptions to school vaccine mandates. It was passed by the Senate last month, and a couple of weeks ago it cleared its first hurdle in the Assembly, having been passed by the Assembly Health Committee on a 12-6 vote. So now it’s in the full Assembly to be debated, and it shouldn’t be too long before it comes to a vote. As I’ve said many times before, when SB 277 was first introduced, I didn’t consider its chances of becoming law to be that great, even in the wake of the Disneyland measles outbreak, which was just the sort of occurrence that helped to demonstrate the problem with pockets of low vaccine uptake in the state to the world. In the wake of the Disneyland measles outbreak, it became politically possible for Senator Richard Pan and Ben Allen to introduce SB 277 and actually have it considered, but even then I had a hard time envisioning SB 277 ever becoming law in the state that’s a hotbed of antivaccine celebrities and antivaccine celebrity pediatricians such as Dr. Jay Gordon and Dr. Bob Sears.

I was glad to be (probably) wrong, given that passage of SB 277 appears to have taken on an air of inevitability. True, it might still fail or be amended beyond recognition. Governor Jerry Brown might betray California children again by adding a signing statement to try restore a religious exemption, as he did with an earlier bill. However, that’s looking less and less likely, particularly after its having made it through committee.

Certainly the antivaccine opposition is doing itself no favors. What do I mean by that? Well, the confluence of cranks to which I referred at the beginning of this post was antivaccine activists uniting with the Nation of Islam and, by proxy, the Church of Scientology to oppose SB 277. Indeed, contemplating who’s crankier, the antivaccinationists or the Nation of Islam is not a straightforward question, which made me wonder just what on earth antivaccinationists thought they would gain by allying themselves with a group that is racist and antisemitic, preaching that white people are “devils,” Jews are evil, and Adolf Hitler was a person to be admired. Add to that its belief in the Great Mother Wheel or the Mother Plane, a human-built planet, a half-mile by a half-mile, a UFO that was seen by the prophet Ezekiel. No wonder the Nation of Islam has an affinity for Scientology, although given how white Scientology’s membership and leadership are it’s strange that they seem to be making beautiful cranky music together.

Oddly enough, the reaction of various prominent antivaccine bloggers to this alliance with the Nation of Islam and the town hall meeting held at an LA Scientology building last Thursday featuring Brian Hooker and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. has been almost universally positive—ecstatic, even. For example:

EPIC! We have not seen The People Rise Up in Unity like this since the 60's and 70's ended the Vietnam War. TRUTH and JUSTICE will Prevail in this Land!

Posted by Californians for Vaccine Choice on Thursday, June 18, 2015

And:

FULL HOUSE! They try to split us up but they bring us closer together instead! People of all ages, nations, races all together to fight for our kids! You don’t mess with the Nation of Islam, Robert Kennedy Jr. Or Brian Hooker! “You allow the same media who tells you that your baby got autism from natural causes, tell you about the Nation of Islam.There is wickedness in high places, the pharmaceuticals!” Tony Muhammad, speaking so much truth. ACTION ALERT, call legislators, numbers to call in pics!! ?#?NOSB277? ?#?CDCWHISTLEBLOWER? ?#?JUSTICEORELSE? Brian Hooker, Eric Gladen, Wendy Silvers, Michelle Maher Ford, Julie Marsh Ed Arranga

Amazingly, longtime antivaccine activist and the originator of such antivaccine tropes as the claim that the Amish do not vaccinate and do not get autism, Dan Olmsted, was less than thrilled with this development. This just goes to show why Dan Olmsted is (usually) the blogger over at the antivaccine crank blog Age of Autism who tends to be relatively less objectionable. In a post entitled Knock-Knock-Knocking on Racism’s Door:

Sorry, but to my mind this is not a kumbaya moment. The Nation of Islam is a racist, bigoted, homophobic, woman-degrading hate group. I mean, isn’t it? It is. For Muhammad to compare the coverage of autism and the Nation of Islam is sickening, and it ought to sit poorly with us. It’s also choice to talk about “people of all ages, nations, races all together to fight for our kids” and getting “closer together” when NOI doesn’t really want white people around — they want a separate state. (“Rather than preaching a message of unification, NOI calls for segregation and separatism,” according to the Web site the blaze.com. “On the group’s web site, the denomination is clear that it wishes for African Americans to live separately from whites.”)

Sometimes it’s not the media that’s your problem, it’s the truth.

And:

I know many in the autism activism community believe there is no problem with this association, that you use what you have to get what you need. Sorry to disagree with that, Friends, but I do. Desperate times call for desperate measures, yes, but not deals with the (small d) devils of racism, bigotry and homophobia.

This brings us to our reducto ad absurdum: Would we go to an Aryan Nation event if they agreed with us? Is “Racists For Vaccine Choice!” a placard we are prepared to get behind?

Not the best week to ask that question.

Indeed.

I wonder if Olmsted is aware of the increasingly close connection between the Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology. If he isn’t, his head will explode when he learns of it.

Be that as it may, one can’t help but wonder why Mr. Olmsted is so surprised and taken aback. The antivaccine movement has always shown itself to be willing to make alliances of convenience and not to be too concerned about whom it allies itself with. To answer Mr. Olmsted’s question, my prediction is that a significant percentage of the antivaccine movement would indeed ally itself with the Aryan Nations if it saw an advantage. In this particular case, the specific advantage antivaccinationists perceive comes down to two words: “CDC whistleblower.” I described the CDC whistleblower manufactroversy in more detail last time, but I can repeat the CliffsNotes version here. Basically, Brian Hooker, at the behest of a misguided CDC psychologist (now known as the “CDC Whistleblower”) incompetently “reanalyzed” a CDC dataset and claimed to find a correlation between MMR vaccination and autism in African-American boys. You can see quite quickly how black supremacist cranks like the Nation of Islam would latch onto a conspiracy theory like that, and they sure did.

And, in case you didn’t think it was all about the vaccines, rather than “health freedom” or “parental rights,” take a look at what Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. used to think of the Nation of Islam (and Jesse Jackson):

“His [Jesse Jackson’s] love affair with [Nation of Islam leader] Louis Farrakhan and his Jewish xenophobia are also unforgivable,” Kennedy adds.

“I feel dirty around him, and I feel like I’m being used. I feel like with Jesse, it’s all about Jesse.”

Yet, on Thursday night we saw this:

[video=youtube;EuFpmIcbrs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFpmIcbrs4[/video]

In the video above, RFK, Jr. is discussing the Tuskegee syphilis experiment and—you guessed it—using the CDC whistleblower narrative to claim that SB277 is another Tuskegee syphilis experiment. His narrative is chock full of conspiracy theories about big pharma, the government, the “CDC whistleblower,” and his full panoply of antivaccine pseudoscience. Hilariously, he even seems to be trying to adopt the cadences of a black preacher, as though he were trying to speak like Louis Farrakhan and Tony Muhammad. It was so bad that a credulous antivaccine treatment of RFK’s talk was nice enough to summarize it for me so that I didn’t have to find video of everything:

America’s foremost environmental attorney Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., whistleblower and top scientist Dr. Brian Hooker and Minister/civil rights leader Tony Muhammed addressed a standing room only crowd about California’s new Tuskegee Experiment, SB 277. Robert Kennedy calls this bill “Tuskegee Times 200,000? because of the disproportionate extent of the African-American injuries and deaths that SB 277 is scientificatlly projected to create. With the facts exposed, will the California Assembly vote to adopt what is now considered the most racist bill in California’s history? Will Jerry Brown sign a bill that will especially target Blacks with unnecessary injuries and deaths?

* * * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

ADDENDUM: Just this morning, Kent Heckenlively, too, is ecstatic about this new alliance with the Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology, writing a post that wasn’t published when I wrote this last night, The Battle for California, Part 4 – The Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology Join the Fight Against SB 277. He reveals its roots, which were in Autism One in Chicago, where, apparently, Brian Hooker, Barry Segal, Eric Gladen, Shiloh Levine, and Robert Kennedy, Jr. had met with Minister Louis Farrakhan, whom Heckenlively portrayed as “deeply disturbed by the information” about the “CDC whistleblower” and the made up claim that the CDC had “covered up” a correlation between vaccines and autism in African-American boys. The first part of Farrakhan’s reaction:

Maybe it shouldn’t have surprised Dr. Hooker to find himself at a United Methodist Church in Los Angeles on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 listening to Minister Farrakhan preach to an inter-faith audience of approximately 1,400 people. Near the end of his speech, Farrakhan called on the group to oppose SB 277 and urged them to call their Congressional representatives and demand that Dr. William Thompson be subpoeaned to appear before the American people and tell the truth about what had been done. Minister Farrakhan pledged to support this effort. On October 10, 2015 there will be a large march in Washington D. C. to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March. Two weeks later, on October 24, 2015, the Nation of Islam will lead a protest at the CDC demanding that Dr. Thompson appear before Congress.

The funniest line of Heckenlively’s post? Obviously this one:

Dr. Hooker was impressed by Minister Farrakhan’s command of the science. As a scientist, Dr. Hooker finds most people mess up the science when they try to talk about it, but it was clear to Hooker that Farrakhan had listened closely.

Here’s a hint: If Brian Hooker is “impressed with your command of the science,” you’re doing it wrong. Very, very wrong.

No, wait. This is even funnier:

I believe it is incumbent upon us as a community to admit our shortcomings. We have not been good protestors. We do not know how to defend ourselves against powerful interests. Although we may be good warriors for our children, we are outmatched in the political arena. The Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology are superb warriors in the political struggle. When putting together a coalition our partners will have strengths and weaknesses. I welcome them to the fight and encourage others to do the same. I say let us defend our children and hold any disagreements we may have among the various groups for a later time when our common enemy lies defeated on the battlefield.

Yep. Let’s team up with those racist, Hitler-admiring conspiracy theorists and their newfound best buds, a religion made up based on the writings of a science fiction author whose adherents are known for fanaticism and harassing critics. Seriously, Kent Heckenlively should watch Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief.

I say again: Do antivaccine activists really think that teaming with groups like the Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology will help them defeat SB 277? If the opposition to SB 277 was disreputable before, it goes beyond disreputable now.

ADDENDUM #2: Now Greg has chimed in:

Thanks Kent for seeing the sense in accepting NOI support in fighting for the health of our kids. But wait!! Orac and his minions are sharing how crazy we are associating with NOI. I don’t know –I am starting to rethink things now! Orac loves us and wants the best for us ‘cranks, quacks, and conspiracy theorists’. He cares passionately about what goes on here in our little ‘wretched hive of anti-vaxx scum’. Maybe we should just continue to engage them with our polite, reasoned arguments, and cooler heads will prevail and they will eventually see our point of view. LMAO!

No, Greg is, as usual, dead wrong. That was mockery and glee. Actually, I’m lovin’ it that RFK, Jr. and his fellow antivaccine activists are getting in bed with the Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology to rally opposition to SB 277. If those on the fence about the bill, perhaps over issues of health freedom or parental rights, had any doubts about the reasonableness of the opposition, those doubts will be magnified 1,000-fold by seeing RFK, Jr. getting on stage with a high ranking leader of the Nation of Islam (Tony Muhammed) and going full antivaccine crank conspiracy theorist (but I repeat myself) in a Church of Scientology building while bragging about having met with Louis Farrakhan. Seriously, Greg, I want to see more of this, as it makes the job of those supporting the bill much easier.

More, please.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * **

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Church of Scientology denies it has taken a position on California vaccine bill

Church of Scientology denies it has taken a position on California vaccine mandate bill.

Los Angeles Times: Nation of Islam opposes California vaccine mandate bill

http://www.latimes.com/local/politi...rnia-vaccine-mandate-bill-20150622-story.html

Some of the claims of health risk were voiced at a recent town hall meeting by opponents in a community center owned by the Church of Scientology, a venue that led supporters of the bill to question whether the church is behind the opposition.

However, spokeswoman Karin Pouw said Monday that the church has not taken a position on the legislation.

“The event you asked about was held at our Community Center,” Pouw said in a statement. “We frequently make the Community Center available to facilitate the open discussion of issues that are important to members of the community. The church does not take a position one way or the other on SB 277.”

* * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Scientology ally Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad speaks against vaccine bill

Scientology ally Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad speaks against California mandate bill.

[video=youtube;LDQ4HzdPjDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDQ4HzdPjDM[/video]

CommunicatorIC

Using forums owned by Scientology, Nation of Islam is playing race card on vaccines

Using forums owned by Scientology, the Nation of Islam is playing the race card on vaccines.

Sacramento Bee: Playing the race card on vaccines

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/editorials/article25368613.html

BY THE EDITORIAL BOARD

Having trotted out just about every conspiracy theory in the book against the tightening of vaccination laws in California, the opponents of Senate Bill 277 have come up with a new and truly cynical angle – race.

Echoing vaccine critic Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and using forums owned by the Church of Scientology, among other platforms, the head of the Nation of Islam and the group’s Los Angeles leader have spent the last several weeks denouncing the measure, which would eliminate the state’s overly broad “personal belief” exemption to school vaccination.

Last week, the Rev. Louis Farrakhan urged black families in Los Angeles to keep their kids home from school if state lawmakers pass SB 277, citing discredited claims that vaccines are linked to autism, particularly among black male children.

Meanwhile, Nation of Islam Western Regional Minister Tony Muhammad, who has credited Scientology with his emotional recovery after a police beating, appeared with Kennedy at a “town hall” at the church’s South Los Angeles community center. Kennedy claimed that the pharmaceutical industry has corrupted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Muhammad called out legislative Black Caucus members by name who had voted for SB 277.

“If they live in our neighborhoods, we will be in front of their houses throwing eggs,” Muhammad promised. “And we will have the biggest Uncle Tom signs they’ve ever seen.”

All this is their right, and far be it from us to oppose their free speech. Nor will we delve into the strange bedfellow-ship between the Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology, whose celebrity members have been prominent among those lobbying against SB 277, though a church spokeswoman said this week that the church has no official position on the bill.

CommunicatorIC

It appears the Church of Scientology and the Nation of Islam are effectively informing the Black community about the danger of vaccines to "black boys."

The Blaze Newspaper: Vaccines linked to autism in black boys

http://wavenewspapers.com/vaccines-linked-to-autism-in-black-boys/

LOS ANGELES — Two prominent figures in the controversy over vaccines and their possible link to autism now say they have scientific evidence that some vaccines can harm African-American children.

Attorney and environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the son of the late Sen. Robert Kennedy, spoke at an emergency town hall meeting at the Church of Scientology in South Los Angeles June 18.

He was joined by Brian Hooker, a biochemical scientist and former employee of the Pacific Northwest Laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy, and town hall host, Minister Tony Muhammad of the Nation of Islam.

Kennedy and Hooker contend that thimerosol, the mercury-containing preservative in the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine, is linked to a higher risk of autism in black boys.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Look for Scientology and the NOI to continue their luddite effort against the Mortimer B. Zuckerman (eegad, a Jew! And a Zionist, to boot!) Mind-Brain Behavior Institute which is currently under construction.

Elaine Siegel, of OSA notoriety, has conducted "briefings" at the Harlem Org concerning this latest intrusion of science into the delusional world that Scientology and the Nation of Islam inhabit.

Stupidity and Evil are a potent combination, as both OSA and Farrakhan know.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Jezebel: Meet the New, Dangerous Fringe of the Anti-Vaccination Movement

http://jezebel.com/meet-the-new-dangerous-fringe-of-the-anti-vaccination-1713438567

And there’s more: California members of the Nation of Islam are also against SB 277, with Minister Tony Muhammad claiming it’s similar to the Tuskegee experiments, where black men with syphilis were left untreated by federal researchers. The Church of Scientology is also against the bill; they’ve held at least one joint town hall meeting with the Nation of Islam at their community center in Los Angeles. Scientologist actress Jenna Elfman also participated in an anti-SB 277 rally in May outside the California Democratic Convention in Anaheim. Elfman told conservative news site Breitbart that the bill infringed on parental rights.

“If you say no to this bill,” she said, “the senators that are really pushing for this bill and the arguers for this bill think you’re against vaccinations. To vaccinate or not vaccinate is actually not the question. It’s a parental rights question. With this bill you have no choice as parents... In our country, we always have safety in our Constitution. And there’s like six Supreme Court cases in the last decade that honor parents rights to do what’s best for their child. We are not in a state of emergency on our immunizations.”

Jump

Operating teatime
Maybe the vaccine will kill some people, but no vaccine will kill much more people!

The leaked CDC information they are working from says that the MMR vaccine increases the risk of autism in black males by 340%

There is a detailed wash up at Snopes saying it's basically a media beat up.

Citing ScienceBlogs:
So is Hooker’s result valid? Was there really a 3.36-fold increased risk for autism in African-American males who received MMR vaccination before the age of 36 months in this dataset? Hooker [performed] multiple subset analyses, which, of course, are prone to false positives. As we say, if you slice and dice the evidence more and more finely, eventually you will find apparent correlations that might or might not be real. In this case, I doubt Hooker's correlation is real.

CommunicatorIC

The true face of the antivaccine movement: Scientology and the Nation of Islam

Revealing the true face of the antivaccine movement, including Scientology and the Nation of Islam.

Science blogs: Revealing the true face of the antivaccine movement

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2015/06/30/revealing-the-true-face-of-the-antivaccine-movement/

One thing’s for sure, though. Antivaccinationists did themselves no favors in their war against SB 277. Whether it was a persecution complex that led some of them to compare their plight to that of Jews during the Holocaust, a campaign of harassment and vilification of lawmakers and supporters of SB 277 on social media like Twitter, or cozying up to the Nation of Islam and the Church of Scientology in full-on conspiracy mode, antivaccine activists did a better job than I (or any other bloggers ever could) of making themselves look like total loons to anyone with half a brain.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

This info came out last year via CNN from a falsified CDC study into vaccine outcomes:

Ahhhhhrrrrrrggggh!

I just saw this post.

Did you look carefully at the provenance of that "CNN" report?

CNN PRODUCER NOTE CNN iReport is the network’s user-generated news community. This story, which is about a study from Dr. Brian Hooker about the alleged link between vaccines and autism, was initially pulled for further review after it was flagged by the community. CNN has reached out to the CDC for comment and is working to confirm the claims in this iReport.

UPDATE, August 28: “Translational Neurodegeneration,” which published an article about Hooker’s findings earlier this month, has removed the article. Read more about this story on CNN.com.

Snopes gives the full rundown.

What Thompson did was to leave out incomplete data records. By all rights, even when birth certificates, exact dates of vaccination, and other key data are missing, they results should be shown with and without the incomplete records. However, other than gross trends, incomplete data isn't good for much of anything. In drug trials, incomplete data is assumed to be non-response, even if the patient was responding well right to the point he or she was lost to follow-up.

Thompson only published the data he had complete records on.

Not surprisingly, black males had the largest fraction of incomplete data.

It's a minor sin, as academic transgressions go.

Hooker went straight for 2 or 3 of the Seven Deadly Sins, though:

Then there is the methods section. It’s really not very clear exactly what Hooker did with this dataset, other than muck around with it using SAS® software. He keeps referring to “cohorts,” which made me wonder right away whether he was not doing the same sort of analysis as Destefano. Instead of doing a case control study, it looks as though he did a cohort study:

The Pearson’s chi -squared test contained in the SAS® software was utilized for current statistical analyses, and a two-sided p-value <  0.05 was considered statistically significant. This is in contrast to the original Destefano et al. [14] (CDC) study, where a case–control study design was used, where 3 control children were matched to each case child, and analyzed using conditional logistic regression dichotomized for the three age cut-offs at 18, 24 and 36 months...In the present study, frequencies of cases were determined for first MMR ages of less than versus greater than 18 months, 24 months and 36 months in each separate analysis.

Yep, he did a cohort study. Basically, he looked at the risk of an autism diagnosis in the groups first exposed to MMR at different age ranges. Remember, case control = comparing risk factor frequency in people with a condition compared to controls; cohort = examining risk of condition in people with different exposures.

There’s an old saying in epidemiology (and in science in general) that says that if you torture data enough, eventually they will confess. With this in mind, it’s hard not to think of Brian Hooker as the Spanish Inquisition. I find it very telling that Hooker couldn’t find (or didn’t bother to look for) coauthor who is an actual epidemiologist or statistician. Heck, Jake Crosby wasn’t available? He might not be an epidemiologist, but he does have a degree in epidemiology and is in graduate school. What training in epidemiology or statistics does Brian Hooker have that qualifies him to do a retrospective cohort study like this? None that I can see. My first rule of thumb doing anything involving anything more complicated than the rudimentary statistics that I use to analyze laboratory experiments (such as even a “simple” clinical trial) is to find a statistician. While it’s true that Hooker used to lead a high throughput biology team, which likely required some statistical expertise, that’s a different sort of statistics and experimental design than epidemiology. Basically, if you’re going to do epidemiology, you should find an epidemiologist to collaborate with, and if you’re going to do something that requires some heavy statistical lifting you really need to get a statistician on board as well before you start the study.

Hooker took a study that was designed for one type of analysis and performed a completely distinct and inappropriate analysis on it. It's like he was trying to find the area of a rectangle and added the width and length instead of multiplying them.

So is Hooker’s result valid? Was there really a 3.36-fold increased risk for autism in African-American males who received MMR vaccination before the age of 36 months in this dataset? Who knows? Hooker analyzed a dataset collected to be analyzed by a case-control method using a cohort design. Then he did multiple subset analyses, which, of course, are prone to false positives. As we also say, if you slice and dice the evidence more and more finely, eventually you will find apparent correlations that might or might not be real. In this case, I doubt Hooker’s correlation is real. More importantly, even if his statistics were correctly done, his changing the design is highly suspect, particularly when coupled with claims being promulgated by our good buddy Jake Crosby that the CDC intentionally left out subjects in order to hide this correlation:

According to Dr. Hooker, the CDC whistleblower informant — who wishes to remain anonymous — guided him to evidence that a statistically significant relationship between the age the MMR vaccine was first given and autism incidence in African-American boys was hidden by CDC researchers. After data were gathered on 2,583 children living in Atlanta, Georgia who were born between 1986 and 1993, CDC researchers excluded children that did not have a valid State of Georgia birth certificate — reducing the sample size being studied by 41%. Hooker explains that by introducing this arbitrary criteria into the analysis, the cohort size was sharply reduced, eliminating the statistical power of the findings and negating the strong MMR-autism link in African American boys.

This is an accusation neither Hooker’s study nor anything any antivaccinationist has published thus far provides any tangible evidence for. Requiring the birth certificate was not an “arbitrary” criterion, either. It allowed investigators to account for known confounders related to autism risk, such as birth weight, at least in this subset of the case and control groups. I also can’t help but think there is likely to be a confounder that is unaccounted for in this study, particularly given how there increase in risk is found in only one group.

On top of that, this study (because of its original design) did not attempt to determine if the diagnosis or onset of symptoms of Autism predated the end of the vaccine window (36 months of age). Many of these kids in the "case" group were exhibiting symptoms earlier than their vaccination date, and in fact were vaccinated so that they could attend a public pre-school that would help their parents deal with those emerging symptoms:

Vaccination before 36 months was more common among case children than control children, especially among children 3 to 5 years of age, likely reflecting immunization requirements for enrollment in early intervention programs.

Hooker's re-analysis would have required the collection of that type of information if it had been the original design of the study. This is the main reason the FDA does not allow these kinds of "post-hoc" analyses. When the heart disease patients in the original Viagara trial started reporting boners, the FDA didn't say "Great, use that data in your Erectile Dysfunction submission". They said "That's interesting. Now, go do a trial where boners are specified as the endpoint from the very start of the trial. None of this post-hoc bullshit. THEN we'll approve you."

The thing I keep repeating is that in medicine, a single study means nothing. Sometimes when you flip a coin, you get a string of 5 or 10 heads or tails in a row. This is perfectly normal, and does not mean the coin is biased. If you flip enough times, say a few hundred, you'll see that the strings of heads are balanced out by strings of tails. Any single study is like looking at a string of just 10 or 20 flips out of that set of a few hundred. You might have just gotten lucky (or unlucky) and hit one of those natural strings of one face or another. But when you repeat and repeat the experiments, the effect goes away.

And this is the most important point, here. Hooker obviously tortured that single set of data until it confessed. Where are his "re-evaluations" of other papers that show no relationship between MMR and autism? And why just African-American males? Oh, he handwaves about vitamin D levels, but is he saying that African-American girls aren't as black as the boys? Seriously? The whole biochemical rationale is laughable.

There are other no studies in the literature that back up Hooker's claims, even IF his statistics were good and the results likely to be true in that one study population. And that's a BIG "if".

CommunicatorIC

Scientology CCHR Director Rizza Islam continues fight against the vaccine conspirac

Scientology CCHR Director, Wold Literacy Crusade International Ambassador and Youth For Human Rights Award Winner Rizza Islam continues the fight against the vaccine conspiracy.

Please understand that those who support and voted for mandatory vaccination have declared "WAR on HUMANITY & GOD HIMSELF."
"Our fight now is for survival."

https://www.facebook.com/rizzaislam...41830.377542425720369/562545203886756/?type=1

attachment.php

Attachments

• RizzaVaccine-001.jpg
    RizzaVaccine-001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 84