ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Local Fallout from Debbie's email

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by renegade, Jan 4, 2012.

1. R2-45

R2-45 Silver Meritorious Patron

Given: "The percentage increase in 2011 of total number of donors to the ideal org project over the previous year..."

With a number like 10.358056%, it should be possible to find a set of integer candidates that the result must have came from. Of course, this is assuming that there is no lie.

It has been said, "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics." I'd like to add one other to that list: "damning statistics."

:)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thought I'd take a look. Google says go to www.portlandidealorg.com.

I did. It says:

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 12/30/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion.​

Paul

3. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

Well either these are damnign statistics or as usual the Church has failed with their math because as Ron said "Calculus was Newton's idea of a practical joke"

100,000,000 to 110,358,056
    50,000,000 to 55,179,028
    25,000,000 to 27,589,514
    12,500,000 to 13,794,757

Can't get any lower. No common numbers to factor by.

Oh I get it. That hand held calculator had a held down 7.

Yeah, that's it.

Rd00

4. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Just as a side note: It is my observation that scientologists writing reports on each other is quite often more about protecting self (the reporter) than "helping" a friend (the reported upon) come to their senses.

Scientology: it's a dog-eat-dog world.

5. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

That makes sense. Since non reporting is an overt, and since if they are "in good standing" they will wind up on the cans again sooner or later, they don't want to expend their expensives dealing with their overts or winding up doing conditions.

Pete

6. asteroid

asteroid Patron with Honors

In this regard I want to make a distinction between When Things Were Bad and When Things Were Good.

That event which sparked my trip out the door is in direct contrast to other, very positive experiences.

For example, when I was one project, I had the very best team experience of my life: That perfect alignment of people who trusted and admired one another's knowledge and abilities. I've come to call it a "golden team," when every member of the team had a clear and appreciated role -- and all of us understood what every person brought to the table. In that case, we *loved* that all of us thought for ourselves. We appreciated the disagreements because we knew that they would point out opportunities to do the work better, and to find problems, and to reach consensus. "What LRH said" was data, and part of the culture, but "Here's my opinion..." was just as valued.

I've been lucky enough to work in other Golden Teams (and maybe it's because one thing *I* bring to the table is the ability to connect others and to inspire them). But the very first (and thus most precious) was that scn project. The project didn't make it in the long run for a bunch of reasons that are too complex to go into... but it was not for the lack of a freedom to think and communicate.

7. NonScio

NonScio Patron Meritorious

You might want to note that the claim is for 10.358056% more DONORS...NOT
    10.358056% DONATIONS. So, those 10.358056% donors may have given
    a total of 11 cents....Probably an accurate cult statement, but as usual, highly deceptive.

8. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

Per an org staff member, still nothing happening here at the local org regarding Debbie's email. I think Osa has the staff in hush-hush mode as usual. Or the scn here are doing their normal black panther mechanism of ignore or pretend it's not true.

9. Feral

Feral Rogue male

I think the numeric base could be a s low as 310 or so to get a full number that is 10.358056% of the starting figure. (cancel that, I just got Rene's post)

Xactly! The Cof$ deceives by cherry picking data, they even show their upstatness by declaring how many square feet of dry wall they hang. :duh:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  10. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

You're assuming they did the math right. :)

11. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Perhaps the way is to give up a minor item, and see if you're KR'ed as a result. Then circulate a list of KR'ers among the "safe" terminals.

Or perhaps mention that so-and-so KRed so-and-so and see if they support that action.

Helena

12. Good twin

Good twin Floater

omg This brought back memories. I had a close friend who came back after every elig with copies of the KRs she had written on me. It seems in her Sec Checks she would confess to permitting me to commit alarming crimes and return with her amends projects to get my ethics in. LOL. Every single time it was something that she had dubbed in or misunderstood and after discussing it I would realize that she sure must be assuming the worst about me.

Of course now that I am an actual SP and committing Scientology High Crimes constantly and continuously, I get nothing but "theta comm" and love bombing from her.

Scientologists really do live in a bubble. :yes:

13. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

So true!

14. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

We need a LOL button!!! :lol:

15. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

Glad you like it, Mystic.

<3
    Lynn

16. Ho Tai

Ho Tai Patron Meritorious

asteroid, I also have been on golden teams and it's a wonderful experience. Thanks for the memory of those times. I'm not saying that creative thought wasn't valued in scn - in fact the org only continued to function through the creative thoughts of the staff. It's the 'wrong' thoughts that needed to be purged somehow.

17. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

Finally some local fallout.

I just got a phone call from scn who has a son who recently got back on lines, who heard Debbie is now being declared for her email. Anyone know if this is true?

18. DanLocke

DanLocke Patron with Honors

I don't talk too much with onlines Scns these days, but there are a husband and wife team who I just talked with that read it and they said that they will announce their leaving the church soon.

I promised I would not tell until they said "cool".

They had decided to disconnect some time ago, but Debbie's email has given them the courage to speak out.

19. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

OH YAY DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Thanks for the great news!

:dance3::cheerleader::thankyou::hifive::party:

20. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's proof:

[​IMG]