ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Local Fallout from Debbie's email

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by renegade, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

It took me almost a month to make up my mind when I finally asked an Oatee 8 what she thought about Debbie's email. He said, "Oh she misquoted the tech. I mean she was an executive so she didn't really know that much about the tech. Besides, she was sick when she left the SO. She was obviously PTS."

I then found a wall and banged my head against it several times.

Nevermind that this particular Oatee 8 probably knows less about the tech than I do, which isn't saying much. He's so glib that they should put his picture next to the dictionary definition of glib. The fact that he made it up to Oatee 8 is a testimony that the Bridge is truly a joke.

2. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Yeah, these OT VIII people are the "most highly aware beings on the planet"?

NOT!!!!!!!! :no:

Though, they may very well be some of the most brain-washed and highly over-indoctrinated people on the planet.

3. mysterysandwich

mysterysandwich Patron with Honors

:roflmao:

4. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

My experience with OT VIII's is they are very tentative - like they are afraid at any moment of the universe discovering what they know to be true - that they aren't able to do anything special, that the unbelievable expense and effort was for THIS???, and that at any moment everyone else in the universe is going to see that they are holding onto that serenity think with both hands, both knees, both feet and both eye teeth, and that it's false.

Remember - these guys have sacrificed HUGELY to resolve the universe for themselves. And they get through this and it does not happen...

They are hoping beyond all hope that that OT IX level will finally fix whatever was wrong with them (because OT VIII didn't do shit for 'em). Or maybe they really need to get trained, because half the gain (half the indoctrination) is training.

And all of this is from the bullshit expense and secrecy - maybe some of this would have a value, would be found as wonderful, if it came through an honest appraisal rather than a secretive status thing - I got a lot for myself as a spirit out of OT, but not anything I couldn't have found in a Buddhist practice or even from a walk in mindfulness... but the assumptions I got of what that level meant from other non OT Scientologists was awesomely misguided and status oriented. And the collusion I could feel from OT Scientologists - we were all mocking it up. Believing our own bullshit.

And there was an obligation to be an example, to create this supposed OT ness. Total bullshit.

A lot of it is an unwillingness to look at the amount of money, sheer pain and suffering you exchange for each step, and demand from yourself that it was worth it, because you know you couldn't be that fooled or that mislead.

Or that batshit stupid.

5. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

The Bridge to Total Bullshit.