What's new

Local Fallout from Debbie's email

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
What is happening locally at your org from the email Debbie sent out?

I have not gotten any calls from the local org but been wondering if anyone has, what's being said, are public calling eachother to discuss it, etc.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
One thing I did hear was about some old friends asking "did you read Debbi's email?" and trying to work out where the other stood on it, adding that they have been waiting decades...

There are so many THOUSANDS of people just waiting...keeping up appearances....flying under the radar, usually because of family or money connections dependent on "being in good standing".

Start talking to each other!

There have been stories here of husbands and wives afraid to talk their truth and discovering years later they actually felt the same way and were then free to leave.

My hope is that this email does encourage that connection between those too afraid to be truthful, that they find the courage to start that conversation and begin to take steps to reclaim their real freedom.

Gadfly

Crusader

There have been stories here of husbands and wives afraid to talk their truth and discovering years later they actually felt the same way and were then free to leave.

My hope is that this email does encourage that connection between those too afraid to be truthful, that they find the courage to start that conversation and begin to take steps to reclaim their real freedom.

Yeah, the sad truth is that some large percentage of the time if you TALK to anyone, then they will write a KR on you, being the "ethical upstat Scientologist" that they are/were! :duh: :ohmy:

I HATED that about Scientology, that one had to ALWAYS be on ones toes, like walking on eggshells, careful of what you said to ANYONE. For fear of being reported! :omg:

Yeah, the sad truth is that some large percentage of the time if you TALK to anyone, then they will write a KR on you, being the "ethical upstat Scientologist" that they are/were! :duh: :ohmy:

I HATED that about Scientology, that one had to ALWAYS be on ones toes, like walking on eggshells, careful of what you said to ANYONE. For fear of being reported! :omg:

jesuslordgawd didn't that suck massively. they had something i wanted and they made the rules so i walked a line

but...

when they moved the line we were thereafter on different sides of it

which is no doubt the same story with many people intent on maintaing their own personal integrity. the very people best suited to using the tools of auditing for the benefit of others

R2-45

This is what the cult wishes to impose on the entire world!

:yes:

An insane climate of fear and self-doubt.

:omg:

Sindy

Crusader
Random Email: I'M A SCIENTOLOGIST- and Proud of it!!!

I just received this email out of the blue. I didn't even know I was on this person's email list.

Kramer2.jpg

It came with a song and the lyrics:

I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross

I'm coming out
I'm coming
I'm coming out
I'm coming out
I'm coming out

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

There's a new me coming out
And I just had to live
And I wanna give
I'm completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never knew it
Ooh, I'll make it through

The time has come for me
To break out of this shell
I have to shout
That I am coming out

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show
I'm coming
I'm (coming out) coming
(I want the world to know)
(I got to let it show)

I've got to show the world
All that I wanna be
And all my abillities
There's so much more to me
Somehow, I have to make them
Just understand
I got it well in hand
And, oh, how I've planned
I'm spreadin' love
There is no need to fear
And I just feel so good
Everytime I hear

I'm coming out
Coming
(I want the world to know)
(I got to let it show)
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

[Instrumental Interlude]

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show.... scat to end

Asserting much? :)

G

Gottabrain

Re: Random Email: I'M A SCIENTOLOGIST- and Proud of it!!!

I just received this email out of the blue. I didn't even know I was on this person's email list. It came with a song and the lyrics:

I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross

:thumbsup: FASCINATING!!

So because of KRs and all that, the Scns behind Debbie have to speak in code, sort of cloak and dagger to find out who is with them and who is not.

Hmmmmm.....

Sindy

Crusader
I don't get it Synthia?
Do you think this is someone saying they are out of scio or 'out' as a scio? :confused2:

It's someone who is standing up for the inside C of S folks...he's toeing the line and letting everyone know that he is a good Scientologist and proud of it and that he is singing it from the rooftops.

That's what I get. A little feather puffing as a reaction to the newest developments.

Sindy

Crusader

:thumbsup: FASCINATING!!

So because of KRs and all that, the Scns behind Debbie have to speak in code, sort of cloak and dagger to find out who is with them and who is not.

Hmmmmm.....

I could be wrong but I got that he was on the other side.

G

Gottabrain

It's someone who is standing up for the inside C of S folks...he's toeing the line and letting everyone know that he is a good Scientologist and proud of it and that he is singing it from the rooftops.

That's what I get. A little feather puffing as a reaction to the newest developments.

I took it to mean exactly the opposite. Plus he sent it to YOU.

G

Gottabrain

Maybe you are right!!!

:) I hope so. Double-talk to test each other out would be the next step, right? So he can always say, "I didn't mean it that way." :biggrin:

I remember when I first got out of the SO, testing others out with that kind of doublespeak. I quickly found out it was unnecessary - the number of fringe Scns that spoke openly about disagreements with LRH & policy was huge. But those that were WISE members or "on lines" were absolutely not trustworthy.

But that was the late 80s. Times have changed. Public COS Scns report on each other more than ever. They have their own external Nazi-style thought police to keep everyone in line. So how can they group? How can they gather? Like this. The sharp ones will understand, the dull-minded ronbots will let it pass right by...

renegade

One thing I did hear was about some old friends asking "did you read Debbi's email?" and trying to work out where the other stood on it, adding that they have been waiting decades...

There are so many THOUSANDS of people just waiting...keeping up appearances....flying under the radar, usually because of family or money connections dependent on "being in good standing".

Hopefully Debbie's email can unleash all of the suppressed comm like a volcanic explosion.

I asked a staff member here (cannot say the location just yet), if anything was going on in the org, and was told nadda, business as usual.

renegade

If Debbie's email makes a huge change in the orgs operations, do you think the pre-basics books are going to be sought after?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Hopefully Debbie's email can unleash all of the suppressed comm like a volcanic explosion.

I asked a staff member here (cannot say the location just yet), if anything was going on in the org, and was told nadda, business as usual.

Did you meant no business as usual?

Smilla

Ordinary Human

I could be wrong but I got that he was on the other side.

He might have meant coming out like this:

banksy%5B1%5D.jpg

That would be fine too, but I don't really think that's what he meant.