What's new

Local Fallout from Debbie's email

asteroid

Patron with Honors
Yeah, the sad truth is that some large percentage of the time if you TALK to anyone, then they will write a KR on you, being the "ethical upstat Scientologist" that they are/were! :duh: :ohmy:

I HATED that about Scientology, that one had to ALWAYS be on ones toes, like walking on eggshells, careful of what you said to ANYONE. For fear of being reported! :omg:

Agreed. There's no way to confide something to a friend in confidence, certain that he will listen to your sometimes-conflicting feelings so that you can work things out. (Because as most of us know, sometimes airing a personal doubt helps us resolve the issue or get it out of our system.) He might run off to sound an alarm.

Which is, come to think of it, exactly how my How I Left story began. The guy who rushed off to send a telex to Flag... well, 30 years later I *still* would like to stick pins into a doll that looks like him.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Agreed. There's no way to confide something to a friend in confidence, certain that he will listen to your sometimes-conflicting feelings so that you can work things out. (Because as most of us know, sometimes airing a personal doubt helps us resolve the issue or get it out of our system.) He might run off to sound an alarm.

Which is, come to think of it, exactly how my How I Left story began. The guy who rushed off to send a telex to Flag... well, 30 years later I *still* would like to stick pins into a doll that looks like him.

That's the glue that binds it all together though, the lack of trust and the ability to NOT communicate freely with anyone at any time. :biggrin:
Perhaps being found out (having disagreements) is not such a bad thing.....

Sindy

Crusader

OMG, he probabaly thought he was doing you a favor -- that deep down you couldn't possibly know what you were talking about as you had overts, were outlist, PTS, yada, yada, yada. :screwy:

Such is the paranoic, anxious life of the bubbly, happy and very strained Scientologist.

Good twin

Floater
He owns a company with the word "psych" in the title and his wife just changed her name and he's happy about all of these things and starts singing to you while impersonating Diana Ross?

Sindy, the man is clearly gay.

asteroid

Patron with Honors
OMG, he probabaly thought he was doing you a favor -- that deep down you couldn't possibly know what you were talking about as you had overts, were outlist, PTS, yada, yada, yada. :screwy:

Oh I knew right away that he thought he was doing the right thing. I was simply appalled that, after he agreed to listen to me as a friend listening to a confidence, he did not keep that confidence.

Also (with some hindsight) I realize that he had no idea what to do. Far better to report it to someone else and let *them* figure it out rather than make the wrong decision -- and get in trouble for it.

We were both in our 20s after all. What would you do if someone on your work team said, "I'm in love with the guy in charge, who was just sent away... even though I'm already married to someone else?" Not exactly an easy management problem to solve no matter what your experience and belief system.

Still: Where's that voodoo doll?

aurora

Patron
Oh I knew right away that he thought he was doing the right thing. I was simply appalled that, after he agreed to listen to me as a friend listening to a confidence, he did not keep that confidence.

Also (with some hindsight) I realize that he had no idea what to do. Far better to report it to someone else and let *them* figure it out rather than make the wrong decision -- and get in trouble for it.

We were both in our 20s after all. What would you do if someone on your work team said, "I'm in love with the guy in charge, who was just sent away... even though I'm already married to someone else?" Not exactly an easy management problem to solve no matter what your experience and belief system.

duhhhh you were supposed to keep your own counsel, lol. :duh:

Gadfly

Crusader

Such is the paranoic, anxious life of the bubbly, happy and very strained Scientologist.

Sad, but true. Yep. Gotta concur with ya there. Mm-Mm. You betcha! :thumbsup:

He is a highly trained Scientologist.

Translation:

He is a highly strained Scientologist.

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
It's hard to say whether this is local fallout to Debbie's email, but I have noticed many Scns that I am still FB friends with have posted the latest "What is Scientology?" ad on FB. Guess they're trying to pretend they can stave off the damage...

I noticed on the YouTube page that "The comments section for this video has been disabled."
Gee, now why would that be? :hmm:

Hopefully Debbie's email can unleash all of the suppressed comm like a volcanic explosion.

I asked a staff member here (cannot say the location just yet), if anything was going on in the org, and was told nadda, business as usual.

Business as usual in my local Orgs IS next to nothing!

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
It's someone who is standing up for the inside C of S folks...he's toeing the line and letting everyone know that he is a good Scientologist and proud of it and that he is singing it from the rooftops.

That's what I get. A little feather puffing as a reaction to the newest developments.

Funny, I always thought that was a euphemistic song for: "I'm getting F***ed."

Maybe he needs to clear a few words , or change the lyrics to "I'm getting out."

It's hard to say whether this is local fallout to Debbie's email, but I have noticed many Scns that I am still FB friends with have posted the latest "What is Scientology?" ad on FB. Guess they're trying to pretend they can stave off the damage...

OR, assuaging OSA so as to remain 'below radar'. :whistling:

Afterall, it's not like anyone will actually view the video much less be persuaded by it. :biggrin:

Mark A. Baker

asteroid

Patron with Honors
It's hard to say whether this is local fallout to Debbie's email, but I have noticed many Scns that I am still FB friends with have posted the latest "What is Scientology?" ad on FB.

The only person I know on Facebook who is still "in" is my original FSM, and he refused to connect to me because of my affiliation with THOSE people. I couldn't decide whether to be amused or insulted.

But if I were they... I guess it's a way to shout "I AM STILL HERE - GO TEAM." Even though you're shouting it to the choir... or you are willing to proclaim your spiritual beliefs to other friends and business colleagues. (It's a matter of personal choice. But I never mention such things on Facebook; and I never talk about politics either. Maybe it would be different if my business and personal personae were not so intertwined, or if FB made it as easy to share info with "circles" as Google Plus does.)

Sindy

Crusader

Man, I like you! Why don't you come hang out with us more? Sit down and enjoy the company and get cozy. You have something to add here.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I just checked my FB and friends and their friends....

I found out that some staff and public still didn't unfriend Debbie,
even the ones, who know exactly what's going on....

Is the "unfriend button" so hard to find? Or is it some "mutual out-ruds"?

Who knows. Time will tell.

Lavalyte

Patron with Honors
Yeah, the sad truth is that some large percentage of the time if you TALK to anyone, then they will write a KR on you, being the "ethical upstat Scientologist" that they are/were! :duh: :ohmy:

I HATED that about Scientology, that one had to ALWAYS be on ones toes, like walking on eggshells, careful of what you said to ANYONE. For fear of being reported! :omg:

You should be pleased. It's not many people can say they understand what it's like to live in Nazi germany, or the USSR under Stalin.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
He owns a company with the word "psych" in the title and his wife just changed her name and he's happy about all of these things and starts singing to you while impersonating Diana Ross?

Sindy, the man is clearly gay.

He could have sung:

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
that I'm a big ho-mo.....

Those are my personal lyrics.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Watch out! Kramer is unleashed

81960476.gif

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well, I just checked my FB and friends and their friends....

I found out that some staff and public still didn't unfriend Debbie,
even the ones, who know exactly what's going on....

Is the "unfriend button" so hard to find? Or is it some "mutual out-ruds"?

Well, maybe they're just being careful and are thinking that if DM gets bounced the new boss will investigate those who did dump Debbie rather than those who didn't. Life is complicated in a paranoid cult. :biggrin:

Paul