What's new

London Bookathon 20th - 21st Feb 2009

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
Cross posting from WWP

So much win. Public suport was awesome. Scifags had shipped in extra culties from EG, yet still failed. Anyone who can should raid today, police have apparently been informed.

DSCF1319.jpg

DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1306.jpg

DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/cityanonymous/?action=view&current=DSCF1303.flv

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/cityanonymous/?action=view&current=DSCF1307.flv

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
more cross posting

Those speakers are more than effective. Rest assured, I will be bringing them to all future raids. I had to get the tube home, I walked from the bar to Holbourn tube station, quite a treck, playing through the air guitar albums... I built up quite a mobile street party. I was stopped outside so many pubs and bars, by smokers and bouncers, alike, with requests, wanting a mini party... A few were honured...

I played it all the way home on the tube too, that would be almost to the end of one of the sestern branches of the blue line... people loved it on the tube "Why are you doing this?" "Because I can." "it's fucking awesome, this sort of thing should be compulsory on every carridge"

lol, so much win in one night...

Four stress test tables were spotted outside Trocadero about 2 hours ago. Time successfully wasted pretending to be interested in it: 20 minutes.

Few photos for identification purposes.

DSCF0581.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
more posting

had a FAIL of a day! meet one other Anon about 12ish and we headed off to TCR.. the scilons had the tables out and seemed to be doing a lot of fail tests... the two of us did what we could to enturbulate them...
had a few positive comments from passers by - including one guy who said he was a tax inspector and who then told me of the trouble they had trying to unravel the cults incomes and declared 'earnings' he seemed most unhappy with them!
we stayed till about 2.30 (no sign of anyone else...) then we set off to Leicester Square in case they had tables out there... no sign of the bad guys there, so onwards to Piccadilly and the Trocadero.... lost my fellow Anon somewhere in the troc before i found the scilons and their stress tables... got a message out before my fone battery died... but didnt fancy taking on all the sci's on my own... and they were doing a LOT of business...
headed back to TCR to try to meet Anon again.... moar FAIL!!

went to pub.... very small win

(will post a coupla pix once my fone has some juice in it)

busy little scilon b**tards

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
Don't feel bad about it, solo raiding takes a lot of balls and sometimes personal safety is more important than lulz.

It doesn't matter how many people were stopping though, stats aren't worth shit unless you're trying to avoid RPF. The important thing is booksales - and in the 45 minutes or so I was observing them at Trocadero, I didn't see them sell one book.

The stress test is worthless - it's just a distraction tactic in the lead up to the sales patter. Thankfully most people aren't willing to buy a book from someone in the street because they'd rather look it up on Amazon and see if it's any cheaper - then forget between there and home.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
great work guys.
Next time make a post on here or WWP to let us know your gonna be there and you may not be alone!!!
I know of another anon that was looking for you today on TCR

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
Originally Posted by Captain Blitterpong
had a FAIL of a day! meet one other Anon about 12ish and we headed off to TCR.. the scilons had the tables out and seemed to be doing a lot of fail tests... the two of us did what we could to enturbulate them...
had a few positive comments from passers by - including one guy who said he was a tax inspector and who then told me of the trouble they had trying to unravel the cults incomes and declared 'earnings' he seemed most unhappy with them!

We stayed till about 2.30 (no sign of anyone else...) then we set off to Leicester Square in case they had tables out there... no sign of the bad guys there, so onwards to Piccadilly and the Trocadero.... lost my fellow Anon somewhere in the troc before i found the scilons and their stress tables... got a message out before my fone battery died... but didnt fancy taking on all the sci's on my own... and they were doing a LOT of business...
headed back to TCR to try to meet Anon again.... moar FAIL!!

went to pub.... very small win

(will post a coupla pix once my fone has some juice in it)

Yea met up with fellow Anon and went to TCR, I went off for a for a few minutes and on going back past the Scis at TCR I was given a little flier, I just put it in my pocket (lol) and carried on to cross the road. Got my flag set up and got on with fliering. When we were at TCR a few members of the public thought I was for Sci, so they were like "Er, no thanks" then a few moments later the person came back saying "Oh erm sorry thought you were for Sci" and then they took a flier.

Like Captain B said, we then went on to Leicester Square cos I thought that was were Trocadero was, but I was wrong it was Piccadilly we wanted. So we were looking for the Scis INSIDE Trocadero, (dummys lol)

Then I went on out of Trocadero, froze for a second so I could mask up. as the Scis and Stress Test tables were just outside the door. I tried to call my fellow Anon to tell him were I was and to mask up. couldn't get hold of him, so thought "Fudge this" and decided to do some fliering and with my flag. I stayed there for about an hour, called another Anon so as he would let the local Anons know. So after an hour I went back to TCR (Goodge Street), to look for fellow raid mate couldn't find him so called it a day and went home.

I am a total fail in not having the phone numbers for the non-emergency Police and the Street Trading Enforcement. I had to fall back on using the Emergency Police number. :blush: :blush:

Edit 1 - I had my pic taken a couple of times (even though I was masked).
Edit 2 - Was kind of my first solo raid, quite a strange feeling really.
Edit 3 - Am shite in trying explain things to the members of the public when I was getting asked stuff. (was kind of crapping myself :nervous: :nervous:)

img0287bc3.jpg

img0288zx4.jpg

img0289vy7.jpg

img0290bk6.jpg

img0291pr2.jpg

img0292eb7.jpg

img0293ug7.jpg

img0294nm5.jpg

img0295xw3.jpg

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
img0290bk6.jpg

img0291pr2.jpg

img0292eb7.jpg

img0293ug7.jpg

img0294nm5.jpg
<<< this wiredo guy taking a pic of me masked

img0295xw3.jpg

I think the bumping into the Scis at Troc, getting my flag the other day and a few other things has kind of got my passion back for all this.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
whats the point though in taking picture of masked anons?

According to dogma, it's intimidating, because they'll be afraid that their 'crimes' will be revealed, but, also, it's the only stat the picture taker can get. Trying to make points in a discussion is pointless when you're pointless.

Zinj