What's new

longtime lurker, first time poster

theylivewesleep

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully reconnect with some familiar faces in the wog world :)

a little bit about me:
-left staff in 2009 after about a year and a half as a class iv auditor at a bay area org.
-was born into scientology, went to scientology schools for most of my education, spent most days at the org, and narrowly avoided joining the sea org.
-basically just your typical sheltered second generation scientology upbringing

The year i spent on staff was the worst thing i probably will ever experience. it got to a point where the 60 hour weeks, $30 paychecks, and being screamed at by the terrible CS it got to a point where i couldn't take it anymore. now im in the wog world enjoying having freedom of thought and opinion and continuing my college education. hope to find some old friends on here and make some new ones as well!

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome, theylivewesleep. :welcome2:

Glad you got out of that mindf**k and have joined us here on ESMB. :yes:

I hope you will tell us more of your story. We love to hear exes stories here.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
a little bit about me:
-left staff in 2009 after about a year and a half as a class iv auditor at a bay area org.
-was born into scientology, went to scientology schools for most of my education, spent most days at the org, and narrowly avoided joining the sea org.

Can we play did you know .....? I have been disconnected children and grand children children in the bay area. Or see my early post on this.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
WELCOME theylivewesleep!! I am waiting with baited breath to find out what happened. :welcome2::welcome2::drama:Do tell...Do tell!!!

palehorse

Patron
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully reconnect with some familiar faces in the wog world :)

a little bit about me:

The year i spent on staff was the worst thing i probably will ever experience. it got to a point where the 60 hour weeks, $30 paychecks, and being screamed at by the terrible CS it got to a point where i couldn't take it anymore. now im in the wog world enjoying having freedom of thought and opinion and continuing my college education. hope to find some old friends on here and make some new ones as well!

Welcome to the diversity of the real world. Now that you are out, you will find the polar opposite of your upbringing. It is important to know the polarities. You will also find gradients in between. Goodness and genuine people are found at every extreme and every gradient.

Wishing you goodness! :clap:

Hello.

It's always nice when people get out. For some reason it seems especially nice when 2nd generationers get out. Maybe that's because it seems they will have had the rot deeply implanted from the time they were babies and may never get out. And it's so good that they will stop further inter-generational mindfucking.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
That's one less person to worry about.

Well done, well done! I'm sure getting out wasn't easy, but I know that your life has to be better now that it was before.

Welcome to the [STRIKE]wog[/STRIKE] real world.

Adam7986

Declared SP
They Live is a great movie. Absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time. Great analogy for being a 2nd gen. I am a 2nd gen as well.

Please tell me you are a 9ers fan and not Raiders :no:. I have been to the bay area once a year for the last five or six years. I absolutely love it there, but I am pretty firmly rooted in LA so it would be hard to leave.

You want to share any more of your story?

Thank god you avoided the SO (very hard thing to do, the recruiters are ruthless). I hated in there. It was a miserable mindfuck.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome TLWS, only now you are the 'they' in that one - and it is now - You live, they sleep.
Maybe change your moniker to ILiveTheySleep . . . :biggrin:

Bravo on getting out :bravo:. Much harder to do, I would think, for one born into it.

ESMB will help you. :yes:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome! Thanks for your post. Was the CS Steve Latch? Rumor has it he was a CHILD MOLESTOR! Met someone that knew him a long time ago. He is a total PRICK!

Didn't the SFO Morgue go IDLE a few years ago? A friend who was public there told me that the staff will now make the BIG BUCKS and all go OATEE! What? It did not happen? SHOCKING:omg:

shadow

Patron with Honors
Welcome, and good on ya for getting out and working on an education. It must be a real culture change from the lock-step one-view (at least the view that is voiced out loud) of scn, compared to the massive diversity in terms of people and views at college. You are to be commended on your adaptability!

Stories are always welcome.:drama:

Good for you for waking up, maybe one day your can help your parents see the light if you haven't already. Our kids were 2nd generation scn's, they are all either in college or finishing high school. One of them disconnected from us, but after some long hard planning and scheming we managed to get her to wake up and get out. It wasn't the easiest thing.. but we are actually writing a book about how we managed to get her out. I hate using that phrase but it's the best way I can describe it as it's definately a group effort sometimes. Anyways, happy you are out and hope you connect with many friends here. :yes: