Looking for a specific Ex-SCNist book but memory is hazy

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Hi all, I am really hoping someone can help me. It's actually key research for me to find this.

All these years I thought it was Monica Pignotti's book that I was reading when I discovered the whole Xenu story, but apparently, the word doesn't even come up in her book!

I remember reading a book, it was online, it was before 2001, and the person was talking about the first time they sat down in the auditing room and looked at/read the materials, where it began, "75 million years ago..."

At the time, I did not read the rest because I assumed the entire story was coming. I skimmed the next few lines and saw "Xenu" and "volcanoes." I stopped reading.

What book is this?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Hi all, I am really hoping someone can help me. It's actually key research for me to find this.

All these years I thought it was Monica Pignotti's book that I was reading when I discovered the whole Xenu story, but apparently, the word doesn't even come up in her book!

I remember reading a book, it was online, it was before 2001, and the person was talking about the first time they sat down in the auditing room and looked at/read the materials, where it began, "75 million years ago..."

At the time, I did not read the rest because I assumed the entire story was coming. I skimmed the next few lines and saw "Xenu" and "volcanoes." I stopped reading.

What book is this?

I looked that up in Monica Pignotti's book (available online).

Are you thinking of Robert Kaufman's book that she references?

Sorry about the loss of formatting---you can just scroll down to the red highlighted part in the linked section below:

My 9 Lives in Scientology

Page 12 of 23

OT III

OT III was the last thing I wanted to do before signing my one billion year Sea Org contract, so in January, 1973, I went to LA to do my OT levels through OT III. The Advanced Organization of Los Angeles (AOLA) was the only place in the U.S. where these courses were offered. These advanced levels are audited solo, meaning the preclear audits himself, with the aid of an E-meter. OT III, at that time, cost about $850 and I stayed in an apartment across the street from AOLA while I was auditing this level.

It seems incredible to me now that I accepted, without question, the materials of the advanced courses, particularly OT III. It just demonstrates how thoroughly indoctrinated I was at the time. I never heard of one case where someone saw the OT III materials and rejected them as a fantasy. That only shows what an expert Hubbard was when it came to indoctrination. The OTIII materials were kept secret for a very good reason, that reason being that if someone were to see the OT III materials too early in the indoctrination process, they would never believe it and probably dismiss Scientology as ridiculous. To the horror of Scientologists, there are now two books out that reveal the OT III materials, the first one written by Bob Kaufman in 1972 and the second one written recently by Bent Corydon.

A word of caution: Scientologists are told that if they see the OT materials before they are "ready", they will go insane, not be able to sleep, get sick and eventually die, and they believe it! For this reason, I would not suggest revealing OT III materials to a person during an exit counseling if they haven't seen them, not because it is true, but because the suggestion that they will go insane might act upon them as a post-hypnotic suggestion and they might respond to it by actually "getting sick" or even going insane. In my opinion, it simply isn't worth the risk.

At the time I did OT III, the entire level was audited solo, unless repairs were needed. Today, there is much more involved in doing OT Ill and a person can spend thousands of dollars getting audited on this level. It took me about two weeks of daily solo auditing to get through OT III. The EP that was promised to us was return of full self-determinism, which I attested to. I felt like I had the world in the palm of my hand and I felt, on an even deeper level, that my mission was to join the Sea Org so I could commit myself more fully to making this a Scientology planet.

Little did I know that self-determinism of any kind was impossible in the Sea Org and that every waking moment of any time was to be controlled by the whims of L. Ron Hubbard or some other Sea Org officer. I was about to find out what Scientology was really all about.