Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addiction

davidluckystars

Re: Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addictio

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the colorful commentary!

I know it’s not uncommon for former Scientologists to turn to drugs and/or alcohol to cope.

I am just a producer who is trying to cast a documentary aimed to give a voice to former Scientologists that are currently struggling with addiction.

We want to spotlight the damage Scientology does to its former members, while also showing the damage of addiction.

The reason I am hard to find online is I'm trying to keep a low profile because of the subject matter and we also respect the privacy of the people that want to participate on the documentary.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and ill be happy to talk to you over the phone and answer any of your questions.

Thanks
Bryan

HAHAHA what? Are you working for the cult? Do you also want former SO members who are flipping burgers now? Please, don't tell us anything about the reputable production company you work for, we can totally trust your generic gmail address!

There's a much bigger story about the Scientology front group Narconon, lying to desperate addicts and telling them they will "cure" them only to find out they paid $30,000 for Scientology indoctrination and zero real drug treatment or any real therapy.

In the last thirty years people who leave scientology (esp SO) might have many challenges to overcome the brainwashing and abuse they suffered at the hands of the cult, but drug addiction has not been one of them.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addictio

Hey Everyone,

I know it’s not uncommon for former Scientologists to turn to drugs and/or alcohol to cope.

I am just a producer who is trying to cast a documentary aimed to give a voice to former Scientologists that are currently struggling with addiction.

We want to spotlight the damage Scientology does to its former members, while also showing the damage of addiction.

The reason I am hard to find online is I'm trying to keep a low profile because of the subject matter and we also respect the privacy of the people that want to participate on the documentary.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and ill be happy to talk to you over the phone and answer any of your questions.

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan,

Dox Plox. :yes: If you truly are a bona fide Journalist/Filmaker doing a Documentary then surely you are in possession of or have access to validated, documented and published research conclusions to support this statement...So, as an act of Good Faith, please share this with Us. :coolwink:

Face:)

EDIT PS: If you can't provide any Documentation then please share with Us how you came to this conclusion. "Not uncommon" connotes "more than the average", "significant" or "noteworthy" and that conclusion must be supported by some form of statistical analysis comparing a statistically valid sample size and mathematically (Chi squared, etc, etc, etc) correct protocol regarding Ex-Scn's as a cohort group to at minimum the general population and, more properly, to other like-in-kind sample cohort groups.

Last edited:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan,

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt for this one post.

If you are sincerely who you say you are then you may not understand this but, the Cult Of Scientology likes to show people who are in the cult that if you leave the cult your life will be terrible, you will not be able to function is society and will fail or possibly end up on drugs.

They would love to find out that someone who quit is now addicted to drugs and then they would publicize this to humiliate him. That is called "Fair Game Policy"

They would love a documentary showing that the people who left ended up on drugs. It would show that without Scientology you will perish and fail.

So the people here think you are a plant from Scientology who is getting the dirt on people who have left.

If you are not from the Cult of Scientology and are sincere you will have to find a way to convince people here that you are for real.

I don't know how you are going to do that.
So if you are wondering why people here are making fun of you that is why.

If you are from the cult then you all ready knew this.

I hope this helps,

Johnny "Goodboy" Tyler

BunnySkull

Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Bryan

You've answered none of the questions asked by the many posters in the thread about who you are and what this "production company" is and what documentaries have you worked on before? Who has hired you to "cast" a documentary?

Please explain where you have gotten the data or even the idea that drug addiction is common among ex-Scientology members???

The only time I ever heard such a statement is from the cult itself trying to bully and scare members thinking of leaving with the unfounded lie. I've never seen any data about ex-scientologists and drug addiction, not even antidotal, and I've been following the CoS and people that have left the cult for many years. I'd love to see any research being done on ex-scientology members because as far as I'm aware there is almost none. Credible academic studies of the lives of former members of cultic groups are far and few between. I love to know of anyone doing such research specifically on Scientology.

Scientology is famous for being anti-drug and even very leery of real medical doctors and standard healthcare. As a result drug addiction has not been a major problem for most ex-members* because they have been so indoctrinated against drugs (of any kind). Hell, I know ex members who wouldn't take a damn aspirin for a decade after they left the CoS. Of course, I'm not saying that some ex-members couldn't develop some addiction issues, i'm sure it happens as with any segment of the population but in my personal experience addiction issues with ex-CoS members are much much less than with the general population. In my experience it is FAR from common occurrence, simply due to the anti-drug indoctrination they undergo within the cult and fear they have of them, they are far far less likely to experiment with drugs and end up addicted. The cult loves to tell members if they leave they will end up homeless drug addicts.

* My statements are for people who have been in and left Scientology in the last thirty years. During the hippie era of the 1960's quite a few drug users joined the cult (in fact the cult was advertised as better than drugs) and I'm sure when they left or blew they may have had issues due to their previous history. But that's so far in the past as to be no longer relevant to the present day.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Bryan

What other documentaries have you made?

Please link.

Otherwise, kindly <insult removed>.

It wasn't an insult. It was an instruction. :)

Last edited:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie

If you are real - IF YOU ARE REAL - you will understand that we just don't believe your line of bull shit.

Since "Going Clear" and many other online interviews, books, documentaries, etc. have come out the subject you are looking for has not been "covered" as far as I know. Maybe because it is not a large issue.

Have some of "us" gone back to smokin' dope? Yes, I know a few that have - sometimes I think as a form a rebellion. Like when a teenager is telling his parent to fuck off I can do what I want. If we smoke a little dope we are telling the sciobots that you can not control me any more... fuck off. I don't but will next time I am in Colorado if it will make you happy.

Do some of us drink? Yes, we do. Do some of us drink to much? Yes, we do. Are some of us falling down drunks that puke in the gutter? Yes, I am sure a few have. Most of us are responsible drinkers if we drink at all. I am a good "wiskey-palian" where ever you find 4 you will find a 5th. If you get that joke good for you!
Do you need to exploit addiction in any group? If yes, why not the Baptist, Church of Christ, Congress or Senate? Why us.... we are a small and humble group compared to the larger churches and "groups". Why would the public at large be concerned with a very very small group of people.

Profile the number of Hollywood stars with these issues, or the number of documentary makers with addictions, or the number of left handed, dyslexic, ADD-ADHD, red headed, brown eyed lesbians that limp. My apologizes to any demographic I have listed that is offended... I am sure you will understand.

Post a photo, work address, web site, blood donor card &/or library card if you are real... If you are I will buy you a drink.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

renegade

I think you may have better luck with doing a documentary on the scientologist still in who have drug reverted. Our org had a ton of those guys.
If you contact the ethics officer, you can find so many people that he had to assign conditions and do sec checks, or o/w write-ups. I think it's because the purif, drug rundown and ot 4, do not actually work.

Just ask Leif Garrett.

Anonycat

Crusader

Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Bryan

Clearly, you don't do irony. You cannot be found online (use accounts that lead nowhere), and will not say who you are or what your Production history is, as so to respect the privacy of ex-scientologist participants. But those same participants will be featured in a film. I thought that was pretty funny.

I have known exes from old to recent, and over a period of decades, have never known one single one to turn to substance abuse. Please explain why you feel it is not unusual.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Trading one set of crutches for another, Scientology for Cocaine as an example, would not be uncommon.
I've known quite a few that returned to drugs and alcohol to help them cope with their return to reality once they stepped back through the looking glass.
But someone who already has the egg of Scientology dripping down their face might not wish to call attention to any cross addiction that substituted for having a cult do all their thinking for them.
Yes, I had my bouts with all of the above...

Anonycat

Crusader

Trading one set of crutches for another, Scientology for Cocaine as an example, would not be uncommon.
I've known quite a few that returned to drugs and alcohol to help them cope with their return to reality once they stepped back through the looking glass.
But someone who already has the egg of Scientology dripping down their face might not wish to call attention to any cross addiction that substituted for having a cult do all their thinking for them.
Yes, I had my bouts with all of the above...

I think scientology being a vacation from what they want -- drugs and heavy drinking -- is not the same.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

I think scientology being a vacation from what they want -- drugs and heavy drinking -- is not the same.

All I know is that when I first got in, around 1972, most of the people I met were former druggies that had loads of stories that left me feeling left out as I had zero drug or alcohol history at that point in my life.
I was barely 17 and just didn't run with a crowd that was into all of that.
Later, after returning to my home state and town, I dabbled in a little of this and that.
But it was when I bailed from Scientology for good in the late 70's that I used drugs to give me substitute feelings of relief or release that Scientology had provided me, though as a placebo "cure".
I've known numerous former Scilons that fell on their swords and self destructed through drugs, alcohol and sex addiction.
Just my perspective based upon my experiences. Admittedly yours may be quite different than mine.

Anonycat

Crusader

All I know is that when I first got in, around 1972, most of the people I met were former druggies that had loads of stories that left me feeling left out as I had zero drug or alcohol history at that point in my life.
I was barely 17 and just didn't run with a crowd that was into all of that.
Later, after returning to my home state and town, I dabbled in a little of this and that.
But it was when I bailed from Scientology for good in the late 70's that I used drugs to give me substitute feelings of relief or release that Scientology had provided me, though as a placebo "cure".
I've known numerous former Scilons that fell on their swords and self destructed through drugs, alcohol and sex addiction.
Just my perspective based upon my experiences. Admittedly yours may be quite different than mine.

Nope, I took my first class in '74, but was exposed to the shit years earlier. It was the times. Everyone - except a few like you - had done herb, acid, and some had done many, many other drugs. I was asked to list what drugs I'd done before the comm course. I figured that they expected that most people tried drugs, or still enjoyed a joint now and then. Many had tried yoga, meditation, and using combs made of solid sandalwood, and even - blacklight posters! It was the times, and totally unrelated to the cult. Your view may be very different, but that is mine.

Edit: One of the pitches back in the day was: It's like being high without doing drugs! What does that tell you?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Nope, I took my first class in '74, but was exposed to the shit years earlier. It was the times. Everyone - except a few like you - had done herb, acid, and some had done many, many other drugs. I was asked to list what drugs I'd done before the comm course. I figured that they expected that most people tried drugs, or still enjoyed a joint now and then. Many had tried yoga, meditation, and using combs made of solid sandalwood, and even - blacklight posters! It was the times, and totally unrelated to the cult. Your view may be very different, but that is mine.

Edit: One of the pitches back in the day was: It's like being high without doing drugs! What does that tell you?

"Edit: One of the pitches back in the day was: It's like being high without doing drugs! What does that tell you?[/QUOTE]" - It tells me that some turned to Scn as a substitute for, or a "handling" for drugs.
I really did feel left out when I heard all the "trips down memory lane" regarding great highs and trips people had been on.
So I just "had to" make up for lost time when I got out and at last count I'd spent more on drugs than I had on Scn services.
Though for an occasional drink or what not it's all behind me now.
Gracias addios!

Anonycat

Crusader

"Edit: One of the pitches back in the day was: It's like being high without doing drugs! What does that tell you?
" - It tells me that some turned to Scn as a substitute for, or a "handling" for drugs.
I really did feel left out when I heard all the "trips down memory lane" regarding great highs and trips people had been on.
So I just "had to" make up for lost time when I got out and at last count I'd spent more on drugs than I had on Scn services.
Though for an occasional drink or what not it's all behind me now.
Gracias addios![/QUOTE]

I was at a leading Mission, and I can tell you that pretty much everyone had or still did use some kind of mind-expander. I don't think they wanted to be cured, but as you remember, trying things is what youth did. Like meditation - you can find your mantra! That is what I attribute the success of the cult to, in those days. Try LSD, Try Meditation. There's scientology, you can try that, too. It was the experimental generation. 99% of people there tried it, and then returned to their lives. The 1% got snagged into cult life, and joined staff, but none stayed.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

I think you may have better luck with doing a documentary on the scientologist still in who have drug reverted. Our org had a ton of those guys.
If you contact the ethics officer, you can find so many people that he had to assign conditions and do sec checks, or o/w write-ups. I think it's because the purif, drug rundown and ot 4, do not actually work.

Just ask Leif Garrett.

What's wrong with the purif is that people are not instructed to takes mega fiber and things like bentonite clay, charcoal caps, chlorella etc. to absorb the toxins that are dislodged from their fatty tissues so as not to be redeposited by the same means that they were deposited in the first place.
One just stirs it all up and gets sick.
Sure lots gets wiped up by judicial use of towels in the sauna, but that alone won't do the job.
It's like going into a room and sweeping the floor without the window or door open and having the dust haphazardly redeposit itself wherever it wants.
You're worse off than to have just left it alone as you've taken decades of toxin accumulation and stirred it all into suspension at once.
The solution then becomes expensive repair lists.

Anonycat

Crusader

That is a myth. Science has debunked this years and years ago. Toxins do not get sweated out.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

That is a myth. Science has debunked this years and years ago. Toxins do not get sweated out.

Yes. :thumbsup:
Toxins are mainly eliminated by liver, intestines or kidneys.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

Oh, please, will someone with knowledge of medicine please provide a simple, understandable explanation of how toxins are metabolized in the human body?

Nothing " too clinical" - just a simple explanation of long known physiologywill do.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Oh, please, will someone with knowledge of medicine please provide a simple, understandable explanation of how toxins are metabolized in the human body?

Nothing " too clinical" - just a simple explanation of long known physiologywill do.

Would you give us an example of how we are to post so as that we pass your muster?
I'm not sure of what you find "understandable" in order that I may jump through your flaming hoops your majesty.:nervous:
I've heard that it helps with P.M.S.

http://www.ultracleanseguide.com/bentonite-detox.html

https://theartofunity.com/benefits-of-bentonite-clay/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...tures-most-powerful-detoxification-tools.aspx

You: Thank you Dagwood for doing my research for me as this stuff is greater to know about than all the rest of Scientology combined!

Me: Your welcome Grasshopper!

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

You will never achieve your goal. You don't fully understand what Scientology does to people. The people will never let you document their total failure AND most people are too embarrassed to ever admit they got sucked into the evil cult of Scientology. You will not find anyone unless you are willing to pay big bucks. Are you paying people that would be in this documentary nd how much ?

Scientology wants people that leave to fail so they can scare the ones that are in - to stay or they will fail miserably.

Part of the "tech" staff members are trained to say - is "if you leave you will die, be a drug addict (if the person has had a problem) you will fail at whatever you do and the Scientologist's "GLOAT" when it happens. It builds that insouciant certainty!!

Scientology sets the mind up to be addicted to cults.

People that leave have a Scientological Filter over everything they think about and look at. One has to decompress fully in order to get rid of that filter otherwise, they will think they need to eat "protein" before they go in session (talk to a therapis) but they won't ever talk to a therapist because "The Psychs are out to get em"...etc. I could write a book on that filter. You may want to do a documentary on that and call it "The Scientological Filter" or Bubble.

Unless a person does thorough examination of WHAT (mind control techniques, hypnosis, that got them so trapped in Scientology - complete with clay demos and word clearing so as to have total conceptual understanding ( a little J and D ing with the terms - Scientologese...sorry - could not help it) until the person understands the mind controlling techniques that occurred whilst they were under the spell of hypnosis - one will go to other cults...multi level marketing, other cult type religions....anywhere they don't have to think for themselves...because that is the real product of Scientology if one stays in long enough.,

Addiction is rampant in the World. I think the 12 step program offers the correct information and help to get people out of what ever they are addicted to. It is one program that works for addicts and is very powerful. I have seen heroine addicts and really bad alcoholics get sober from these programs. I have not seen one person in Scientology get sober and stay sober from Scientology alone.

People leaving Scientology WERE addicted to Scientology and HOPE was the drug they dangled on a string. What causes some to get out and others to never get out - could make a good documentary. Call it "Hooked" or "Trapped" - see how helpful I can be if you are sincere. I have some excellent skills I am willing to share if you are for real. You will have to prove it here though - to everyone.

I suggest you do a documentary on THAT - the Hope on the string that causes people to give up everything they have.

People are exploited and ruined utterly in Scientology w/o them even knowing it.

They lose their dreams, their ability to live a normal life, their money, their sanity. Just take one of those died-in-the woolers out of Scientology and see if they can function. They can't make it because they can't think for themselves and the cognitive dissonance pain is too great. Scientology is the drug and the must get back in the bubble to feel "normal"

They can't leave Scientology fully - because the "tech" got them in a state of utter confusion and then on top of that - convinced them the Wog World was dangerous and scare y

I would help you with a documentary like that! Why don't you a survey here of ex members and find out what they would watch regarding the side effects of Scientology. In fact - label your documentary "Side Effects" or "Big Black Box Warning"...

What do you think?

Last edited: