What's new

Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addiction

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addictio

I am currently casting a documentary about addiction and scientology. If you or your family member left Scientology and is now currently addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Bryan

HAHAHA what? Are you working for the cult? Do you also want former SO members who are flipping burgers now? Please, don't tell us anything about the reputable production company you work for, we can totally trust your generic gmail address!

There's a much bigger story about the Scientology front group Narconon, lying to desperate addicts and telling them they will "cure" them only to find out they paid $30,000 for Scientology indoctrination and zero real drug treatment or any real therapy.

In the last thirty years people who leave scientology (esp SO) might have many challenges to overcome the brainwashing and abuse they suffered at the hands of the cult, but drug addiction has not been one of them.

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Re: Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addictio

HAHAHA what? Are you working for the cult? Do you also want former SO members who are flipping burgers now? Please, don't tell us anything about the reputable production company you work for, we can totally trust your generic gmail address!.

BunnySkull, please stop posting stuff I totally agree with, I have a reputation to maintain. :melodramatic:

That was pretty much my immediate thought when I saw this in the live chatter.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

I am currently casting a documentary about addiction and scientology. If you or your family member left Scientology and is now currently addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Bryan
Is the following your YouTube channel? Your purported gmail address would seem to so indicate. Then again, the fact you sign your OP "Bryan" rather than "David" is confusing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/djluckystars

Is the following your G+ page? Your purported gmail address would seem to so indicate. Then again, the fact you sign your OP "Bryan" rather than "David" is confusing.

https://plus.google.com/101626937600959435914/auto

Is the following your Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/Dj-Luckystars-232726643446221/

You might want to provide more information, including but not limited to a link to a website for a legitimate organization.

TeaRose

Patron

Thanks
Bryan
This is so......weaksauce. I thought you guys were supposed to be slick and clever.

Has your organization fallen into such disrepair that you don't know how to pull a con anymore?

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks
Bryan

How's about current Scn's with an addiction? :confused2:

Face:whistling:

Anonycat

Crusader

Dear Bryan,

Welcome to the forum. Your quest to expose the condition of ex-scientologists is noble, and I'm surprised others have not already made a compelling documentary on this topic. The world wants to see former cult members who have fallen into substance abuse. It would make a very engaging story.

In anticipation of this moment, I have a list of substance abusers which I have been collecting for 8 years. For ease of transcribing -- and in the case you might want to share it easily with your production staff, I have made it into a video, with the names, photos of the individuals, and their contact information. Please feel free to make requests, if I can be of further assistance, and best of luck with your project.

In confidence,
a cat

[video=youtube;V-_O7nl0Ii0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-_O7nl0Ii0[/video]

PS - I added the waves in the beginning for ambiance.

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Dear Bryan,

Welcome to the forum. Your quest to expose the condition of ex-scientologists is noble, and I'm surprised others have not already made a compelling documentary on this topic already. The world wants to see former cult members who have fallen into substance abuse. It would make a very engaging story.

In anticipation of this moment, I have a list of substance abusers which I have been collecting for 8 years. For ease of transcribing -- and in the case you might want to share it easily with your production staff, I have made it into a video, with the names, photos of the individuals, and their contact information. Please feel free to make requests, if I can be of further assistance, and best of luck with your project.

In confidence,
a cat

[video=youtube;V-_O7nl0Ii0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-_O7nl0Ii0[/video]

PS - I added the waves in the beginning for ambiance.

Why you sneaky little... lol

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

This is so......weaksauce. I thought you guys were supposed to be slick and clever.

Has your organization fallen into such disrepair that you don't know how to pull a con anymore?

Yeah, there are so few details in the OP that it looks like it might be Narconon phishing. :duh:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie

The biggie addict I can think of is LRH....

Maybe you can research his background and see what contributing factors other than Scientology might have led to his downfall.

I know... it was W O M E N! They caused him to loose his mind... no... that could not be it - SEX would never screw up any man.

I know... it was M O M! His mother must have screw him up while she was carrying him in the womb of life.

No...NO! I have it now... it was his dad who YELLED at his mother while he was in the womb of life.

Anyway.. LRH ended up really messed up so go research him, his parents, his kids, his friends OR just join the Sea Org and see if you end up with drug and drink issues.

Just an idea... :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is sad - those that leave Scientology and struggle with addiction. I know of a few staff members that left. They are UTR's and have family in - but they are hurting and using drugs and alcohol. 12 steps would help them tremendously. I know a few people that use that program and it works and IT IS FREE!

I recall one drug addict who came into the Org. The Staff member (using the tech) told her, when she said she wasn't interested in doing Scientology anymore, said if she doesn't do Scientology - she would be a drug addict and die.

She died a few years later. 32 years old with 2 kids. THAT woke me up to the fact Staff members are trained to say stuff like that. That was a hypnotic suggestion she got from the Staff member.

See how well the tech works when standardly applied? :bigcry:

8-8008ASHO

Patron

I was addicted to Sc$ and one day I decided to get out... It was difficult to get my brain to the normal state, it took me about 6 months to feel better and I kept going and going... Then one day I realized I was done... that SC$ did not have any effect on me anymore. Oh my God, what a relief... I was myself again, I could enjoy speaking with normal people, I could find out how life was... brainwashing was GONE !!! A feeling of sanity, serenity... I could go on for hours...
Thank you for the comm ev and the SP recommendation !!! :coolwink::):yes: Without that status, I would not have been able to get out of it.

Reasonable

Thanks
Bryan

Dear David Lucky Stars,

Yes, I'd like to report that I am hooked on space cocaine. I will tell you more if you e mail me at [email protected]

Sincerely
Jonnie Goodboy Tyler

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

I was addicted to Sc$ and one day I decided to get out... It was difficult to get my brain to the normal state, it took me about 6 months to feel better and I kept going and going... Then one day I realized I was done... that SC$ did not have any effect on me anymore. Oh my God, what a relief... I was myself again, I could enjoy speaking with normal people, I could find out how life was... brainwashing was GONE !!! A feeling of sanity, serenity... I could go on for hours...
Thank you for the comm ev and the SP recommendation !!! :coolwink::):yes: Without that status, I would not have been able to get out of it.

Aren't normal people a breath of fresh air? :happydance:

Adam7986

Declared SP

Thanks
Bryan

Grass roots efforts usually play out better for things like this rather than blasting a generic recruitment message on a forum. Recommend you reach out to some of the well connected ex-Scientologists so they can vet you and connect you with other ex-Scientologists who trust them. Also if you knew anything about Scientology the last thing you'd want to do is make this public.

:duh:

Hypatia

Pagan

Thanks
Bryan

Am addicted to books and high quality chocolate. Will that do? :drool:

8-8008ASHO

Patron

Aren't normal people a breath of fresh air? :happydance:

I completely agree with you :happydance: Loving having all those new friends, nice people, enjoying life, caring for real... This is great. Now I need to figure out how to get my kid out of the Sea Org. She most probably was told "your dad is declared, get in to change the course of this planet and he will come back in" ! fuck this !

renegade

Please contact David Miscavige for your research. He is addicted to scotch and has not gotten auditing or done any courses for many years. This qualifies as a person who has left scn. He may be a closeted WOG.

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Thanks
Bryan

'Casting a documentary...' Erm, does docs 'cast'? 'About addiction and scilontology'..... Um, David/Bryan, what the hell are you up to? If you really want to do a documentary, why not examine the addiction to culty-mind-replacement, ie. how people get addicted to mind-raping cults, yeh, just like LRon intended.
My radar is pinging, my bs meter has slammed, and this is probably one of the lamest 1st posts I've seen in a while, just so much wrong. *hairstandingonend*

iya. :duh:

davidluckystars

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the colorful commentary!

I know it’s not uncommon for former Scientologists to turn to drugs and/or alcohol to cope.

I am just a producer who is trying to cast a documentary aimed to give a voice to former Scientologists that are currently struggling with addiction.

We want to spotlight the damage Scientology does to its former members, while also showing the damage of addiction.

The reason I am hard to find online is I'm trying to keep a low profile because of the subject matter and we also respect the privacy of the people that want to participate on the documentary.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and ill be happy to talk to you over the phone and answer any of your questions.

Thanks
Bryan

<This post was delayed in the moderation queue. M3375>

Last edited by a moderator: