What's new

Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addiction

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Re: Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addictio

PCocaine and alcohol can cause liver damage leading to cirrhosis. Alcohol being especially notorious for this. But neither stay in your system for long so no detoxing needed for those, just abstinence to prevent further damage.
The liver can heal itself if the damage is not to bad.

For 14 years I drank around 1.5 pints of liquor each night.
In my mid-30s I quit completely, and haven't had a drink now for many years. About a year after I quit I had some blood work done and my ALT and AST levels were elevated, a few years after that the levels returned to normal... No detox needed (Just no alcohol!)

You can draw a comparison to lung damage and liver damage: If you smoke too much for too long you can get emphysema/lung damage. If you quit smoking before the damage is significant you might not end up with this disease. If you've quit later, after acquiring emphysema, you will still have emphysema after you quit. But the condition will only worsen the longer you smoke (from a mild to a severe case). No need to detox from smoking... Just stop doing it .
smile.png

The same with cirrhosis, once you've put enough strain (damage) on the liver, the cirrhosis is not going to go away (the damage is done); but the sooner you quit exposing it to alcohol(etc) the more likely your outcome will be better.

Your skin, an organ too, will eventually clean itself through normal shedding but soap will clean it now. I wanted my liver de-gunked now so I used a combination of nutritionally based detox protocols plus many other twists based upon other people trials from the internet.

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Re: Looking for people who have left scientology and are now struggling with addictio

It my nine years at the Ann Arbor Mission no one had a drug or alcohol problem. We were clean as a whistle. Drugs and alcohol were taboo in our Mission culture. But in reading the past few posts I realized that many of us were avid tobacco smokers myself included.

I did socially lightly drink beer before entering the cult but immediately quit when I was brainwashed into thinking that it was bad for training and auditing purposes. Ironically, smoking was perfectly acceptable (because hubbard smoked like a chimney so it must be OK).

After escaping the cult I successfully quit smoking 10 months later on October 14, 1985. I continued being a non drinker until a few years later and that got old and tired after so many years with the hangovers becoming unbearable so I quit that on September 21, 2013.

Now my life is boring.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

It my nine years at the Ann Arbor Mission no one had a drug or alcohol problem. We were clean as a whistle. Drugs and alcohol were taboo in our Mission culture. But in reading the past few posts I realized that many of us were avid tobacco smokers myself included.

I did socially lightly drink beer before entering the cult but immediately quit when I was brainwashed into thinking that it was bad for training and auditing purposes. Ironically, smoking was perfectly acceptable (because hubbard smoked like a chimney so it must be OK).

After escaping the cult I successfully quit smoking 10 months later on October 14, 1985. I continued being a non drinker until a few years later and that got old and tired after so many years with the hangovers becoming unbearable so I quit that on September 21, 2013.

Now my life is boring.

An easy way to keep one's liver happy is to have a can of sliced beets at least a couple times a week that I stir chia seeds and nutritional yeast into.
If you place chia seeds in a glass of water you'll see them swell up into a little glob of gell which becomes a little pac-man orb that absorbs toxins in your bowels.
Works great.

Last edited:

Adam7986

Declared SP

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the colorful commentary!

I know it’s not uncommon for former Scientologists to turn to drugs and/or alcohol to cope.

I am just a producer who is trying to cast a documentary aimed to give a voice to former Scientologists that are currently struggling with addiction.

We want to spotlight the damage Scientology does to its former members, while also showing the damage of addiction.

The reason I am hard to find online is I'm trying to keep a low profile because of the subject matter and we also respect the privacy of the people that want to participate on the documentary.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and ill be happy to talk to you over the phone and answer any of your questions.

Thanks
Bryan

<This post was delayed in the moderation queue. M3375>

Yeah thanks for not reading anything that anyone said. If you were keeping a low profile you would not be on the number 1 website on the monitoring list for OSA. You have obviously done no research, and do not care in the slightest about the content of your 'documentary' nor do you care about the subjects of your 'documentary'.

I try to keep an open mind and be friendly, but your brazen attitude and attempt at outing ex-Scientologists with substance abuse problems is pathetic and mind-bogglingly clumsy. I feel sorry for anyone who works with you.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

:drama: :waiting:

phenomanon

Canyon

I am currently casting a documentary about addiction and scientology. If you or your family member left Scientology and is now currently addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Bryan

The biggest addiction I ever had was scientology. That's most likely the sit with everyone on this MB.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

IDEM

:yes:

It was also the only mental illness I ever ''caught'' :eyeroll:

(edit : I sware I am cured by now - lol :whistling:)

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon

IDEM

:yes:

It was also the only mental illness I ever ''caught'' :eyeroll:

(edit : I sware I am cured by now - lol :whistling:)

Hi, Lotus! I am near estatic that you are back. I've missed you. :dancer:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Hi, Lotus! I am near estatic that you are back. I've missed you. :dancer:

Thank you sweetheart!

Me too was missing most people here :yes:

I am giving a try too see if I can put on 'ignore' some threads and keep focussing on others :biggrin: and keep my 'zen' like a good girl :batseyelashes:
I try hard :wink2:

:wave:
:cheers:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Thank you sweetheart!

I am giving a try too see if I can put on 'ignore' some threads and keep focussing on others :biggrin: and keep my 'zen' like a good girl :batseyelashes:

Happy to see you too! :hifive:

phenomanon

Canyon

Thank you sweetheart!

Please don't change anything about your posting style, you are so fun to read.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

I was addicted to scn for far too long.

While in scn I gave up alcohol & pot, but, I took up smoking tobacco.

After scn I go over my tobacco addiction.

After scn I discovered wine. Nectar of the Gods !

And, recently I found that medical grade pot is so very delightful !

If I have an addiction it is sex, but, I've had that one. I LOVE sex !

Oh, I'm also addicted to the pursuit of my joy.

Anything I'm addicted to I'm very happy with. I don't want "cured" of anything.

Well, maybe.... nah......... I'll keep what I got.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Google is your friend. "How toxins are metabolized in the human body?"
produces many websites. Below is wikipedia's answer. There are others
which are more difficult to fully get without lots of word clearing etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxification

For over 25 years I have done no word clearing. I just skip words I don't know.

And I stay awake & do get the gist of those medical articles.

FUCK scn & all it's trappings !

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I'm just notLooking for people who have left scientology & are now whatever

How about people who left scn & became surfers ?

How about people who left scn & joined a circus ?