What's new

Looking for photos for the Armstrong Op site

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Gerry and I are assembling documents relating to Scientology's fair game on Michael Flynn and Gerry. I'm posting some of these documents on a new site: The Armstrong Op.

The basic facts of this operation are provided in Gerry's 1994 declaration. (Of course we know much more about the Armstrong Op in 2014. )

There are many operators in this massive Scientology conspiracy, some for which I do not yet have photos. Here are The Operators to date. (Clicking on their images will take you to documents by or about them.)

At this time, I'm lacking photos for the following operators, and am forced to use a simple "Thetan" symbol placeholder:

1. David Aden
  2. Geoffrey Shervell
  3. Laurie J. Bartilson
  4. Kenneth D. Long
  5. Helen M. Barlow
  6. Lynn R. Farny

Can someone here confirm that this is the same David Aden who was Director of Public Affairs OSA Boston in 1984? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2E8lpzucyiU/0.jpg

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gerry and I are assembling documents relating to Scientology's fair game on Michael Flynn and Gerry. I'm posting some of these documents on a new site: The Armstrong Op.

The basic facts of this operation are provided in Gerry's 1994 declaration. (Of course we know much more about the Armstrong Op in 2014. )

There are many operators in this massive Scientology conspiracy, some for which I do not yet have photos. Here are The Operators to date. (Clicking on their images will take you to documents by or about them.)

At this time, I'm lacking photos for the following operators, and am forced to use a simple "Thetan" symbol placeholder:

1. David Aden
  2. Geoffrey Shervell
  3. Laurie J. Bartilson
  4. Kenneth D. Long
  5. Helen M. Barlow
  6. Lynn R. Farney

Can someone here confirm that this is the same David Aden who was Director of Public Affairs OSA Boston in 1984? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2E8lpzucyiU/0.jpg

I wish that Marty, Mike, and Gerry Armstrong could resolve their differences, because their combined knowledge, pooled together, could answer many questions.

The only one who benefits from this discord is the cult.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
I wish that Marty, Mike, and Gerry Armstrong could resolve their differences, because their combined knowledge, pooled together, could answer many questions.

The difference between Mark Rathbun, Mike Rinder and Gerry is simple: Gerry wants them to tell the truth about the Armstrong Op, which still continues, and they refuse to tell the truth.

You are right, in that Mark Rathbun's and Mike Rinder's refusal to tell the truth about the op benefits the Miscavige regimers. Mark and Mike know this. They also benefit, because they still serve some of the Scientologists’ purposes.

In his 2013 Memoirs, Mark actually continues the criminal frame-ups of Michael Flynn and Gerry, which are what the Armstrong op is all about.

Because neither Mark nor Mike has come forward to tell the truth, but both in their way forward the op against Gerry and others, their celebrated decompression, progression, steps or stages outside the cult can be seen as added layers of deception to keep the op working. Any Scientologist worth his TR-L can mock up steps out.

The “discord” between Mark, Mike and Gerry is the same discord that’s between any 8 million Scientologists and Gerry.

It isn’t so much answering many questions that is the goal, but justice. Gerry seeks justice, the Scientologists, Mark, Mike, et al. want injustice. And they lie to get it. The key spot in which justice is needed and sought is with the IRS. (IRS documents.) The fair game engendered by Mark and his fellow Scientologists in their submissions to the IRS and the resulting grant of tax exemption still continues. Mark and Mike could do something about stopping it.

Years ago Gerry provided his easy steps for Mark and Mike to resolve their difference with him:

Gerry said:
1. Communicate to me;
2. Debrief to me and my legal representatives;
3. Execute declarations that contain facts elicited in the debriefs;
4. Make themselves available to testify in any legal proceedings to correct the injustices or situations they helped make.

Veda

Sponsor

1. David Aden
  2. Geoffrey Shervell
  3. Laurie J. Bartilson
  4. Kenneth D. Long
  5. Helen M. Barlow
  6. Lynn R. Farny

Thanks for the basic info. Will be on the look out for anything pertinent.

IMO, "Discord" is not the issue; needed information not yet provided is the issue.

-snip-

The fair game engendered by Mark and his fellow Scientologists in their submissions to the IRS and the resulting grant of tax exemption still continues. Mark and Mike could do something about stopping it.

-snip-

It's important to not forget about the missing - withheld - information regarding matters having to do with the IRS, etc.

While I applaud any truth-telling by Rathbun and Rinder, I also recognize the possibility of a condition of mutual blackmail between Miscavige, Rathbun and Rinder: Things for which they could all be criminally liable.

More information needs to be made available.

My opinion at this time is as long as Rathbun and Rinder continue to truth-tell, and continue to change, I'm willing to wait for the eventual opening up about matters that have remained unaddressed.

IMO, "Discord" is not the issue; needed information not yet provided is the issue.

It's important to not forget about the missing - withheld - information regarding matters having to do with the IRS, etc.

While I applaud any truth-telling by Rathbun and Rinder, I also recognize the possibility of a condition of mutual blackmail between Miscavige, Rathbun and Rinder: Things for which they could all be criminally liable.

My opinion at this time is as long as Rathbun and Rinder continue to truth-tell, and continue to change, I'm willing to wait for the eventual opening up about matters that have remained unaddressed.

I don't know if Gerry would think that waiting in the back of the queue for the 'eventual opening up of matters' is something to be so patient about.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
''

David Aden speaking to Anonymous - around 2009 - outside the Washington outfit . . .

[video=youtube;RdIbTsb5-sI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdIbTsb5-sI&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Marty and Mike are both quite open about the fact that they were helping with an FBI investigation which went cold. Think it was discussed on Marty's blog? My understanding is that they had immunity from prosecution, however it's an interesting question; what happens when one cooperates with an investigation that doesn't get to the prosecution stage? Presumably all the statements would be kept on file and stay confidential?

If it was me, I'd want some assurances before going public.

Veda

Sponsor
Marty and Mike are both quite open about the fact that they were helping with an FBI investigation which went cold. Think it was discussed on Marty's blog? My understanding is that they had immunity from prosecution, however it's an interesting question; what happens when one cooperates with an investigation that doesn't get to the prosecution stage? Presumably all the statements would be kept on file and stay confidential?

That FBI investigation is pretty vague. Perhaps you could provide some details as to what, specifically, the FBI was investigating.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

It's been 30 years now but that appears to be a match. :thumbsup:

I was on Boston staff between 1979-1986.

I still remember some of the briefings from OSA back then about Michael Flynn and Paulette Cooper whom they characterized as some of the most evil beings in the universe. (these were briefings addressing the full staff)

I believed them at the time. :duh:

RogerB

Crusader
I asked someone who is reliable and who knows the Boston scene . . . the reply:

That's David Aden. Husband of Phyllis Aden. Been a GO/OSA since early 80's. His dad was a Methodist minister and he's always come off as preppy and calm.

I know him.

A pretty definitive answer, eh?

R

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
''

David Aden speaking to Anonymous - around 2009 - outside the Washington outfit . . .

[video=youtube;RdIbTsb5-sI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdIbTsb5-sI&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

That's definitely David.

He's been a GO/OSA guy since 1980 or earlier. He's a seasoned PR guy. I think he was D or AGPR or something like that way back. Note that he didn't say anything stupid in the video.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Ken Long, on right. http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/rahmEmf/IMG_5812.jpg

IMG_5812.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4595/img4468aw.jpg
img4468aw.jpg

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Thank you very much for the help with these photos!

ken-long-1.jpg

david-aden-1.jpg

(Hey, Anonymous.)

I've updated the Operators gallery.

Even though Gerry is very busy and can’t engage in an ESMB skirmish at this time, I persuaded him to respond to Veda on his blog. Gerry says that his treatment by ESMB’s controlling faction here, as a newbie and ongoing victim of the Scientologists and their collaborators, was cult-level, and he just doesn’t have the time for more of it right now. (Gerry's posting history can probably still be reviewed in the Members Only forum.)

Gerry's answer to Veda is here: http://gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/1148.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Try thinking of it as territorial imperative.

Wants2Talk

[video=youtube;-gm7ATqW4p0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gm7ATqW4p0[/video]
Bit of historical perspective (1984) for new people.
[video=youtube;3bY_ZEXMai4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bY_ZEXMai4[/video]
Gerry Armstrong a real hero in my book!

Caroline

Patron Meritorious

Apparently Rathbun got the assurance he needed before he went public about Lisa McPherson, and he is still not telling the truth.

The Truth Rundown Part 2 said:
Destruction of evidence

In early 1997 as investigators closed in, Rathbun met with church staff at Scientology offices in Hollywood, Calif. They combed the daily logs that McPherson’s caretakers kept during her 17 days at the Fort Harrison.

Three entries particularly troubled Rathbun.

One contained a bizarre sexual reference McPherson had made. Another revealed that no one thought to remove the mirror from the room of a psychotic woman bent on harming herself. The third was one caretaker’s opinion that the situation was out of control and that McPherson needed to see a doctor.

Rathbun concluded the notes had to go.

“I said, ‘Lose ’em’ and walked out of the room,” he recalled, adding that the decision to destroy the records was his own.

“Nobody told me to do it and I did it,” he said. “The truth is the truth and right now I’m going to confession, and I really think it’s something that hurt the church more than it hurt the people that were trying to get recompense.

“But it is what it is, and I know it could potentially be a crime.”

In a recent interview, State Attorney Bernie McCabe said it was clear the records were missing because the church handed over entries for every day of McPherson’s stay except the final two before she died. That the church appeared to be hiding something only fed McCabe’s sense that something was amiss.

Prosecuting Rathbun is not an option, because the time to bring destruction of evidence charges expires after three years, McCabe said. “We’re done.’’

http://www.tampabay.com/news/death-in-slow-motion-part-2-of-3-in-a-special-report-on-the-church-of/1012234

This is from a paper Gerry’s writing about Rathbun’s continuing frame-up of Michael Flynn in Memoirs.

GA said:
When Rathbun or Rinder talk to the FBI about what they did with and in Scientology, they have to be continuing the frame-up of Flynn and me, and forwarding our vilification and marginalization. It is inconceivable that Rathbun and Rinder would frame us in the 1980’s and frame us in 2013, and yet in recent years tell the FBI the truth about Flynn, me, the frame-ups, the rest of their victims, and all the lies and fair game ops. The reasonable conclusion is that the FBI, or some other US Federal Government entity, requires that Rathbun and Rinder continue the lies and the frame-ups. Rathbun and Rinder easily could tell the FBI the truth, indeed the whole world the truth. Until they stop the frame-up, their talking to the FBI is just like David Miscavige or Kendrick Moxon talking to the FBI -- it is more fair gaming of the Scientologists’ fair game victims. The framing of Flynn and me will not stop until someone from the criminal conspiracy doing the framing tells the truth. Rathbun and Rinder are still in the conspiracy.

Any criminal would want assurances before doing the right thing. The documents we are assembling show that the FBI/DOJ entered into the Scientologists' conspiracy and are still there. Gerry discusses this further in his introduction to the Armstrong Op, which I've just now posted: About the Armstrong Op.

Wants2Talk

I am still a naive dreamer at heart. I dream of the three guys and their ladies sharing a dinner in Canada...with poutine and beer perhaps!