What's new

Looking to talk to Ex Scientologists in Oxford or London area

haavard

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this board, so forgive me if this request is inappropriate.
I am currently producing a documentary on Scientology and I am looking to talk to ex members, and also anyone who have or had family members in the church of Scientology.
If you prefer anonymous, I am still interesting in talking with you, so please reply here or send me a private message if you are in reasonable distance from Oxford or London, UK.

Best,
Håvard

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hello everyone.

It's not inappropriate, but such requests are sometimes thought of by forum members as fishing expeditions by the CofS. Especially with a name like that.

So if you have some bona fides, like a full name, phone number at a recognised institution, etc. it would help. Otherwise you are not too likely to get serious responses.

Paul

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello everyone.

I am currently producing a documentary on Scientology and I am looking to talk to ex members, and also anyone who have or had family members in the church of Scientology.
If you prefer anonymous, I am still interesting in talking with you, so please reply here or send me a private message if you are in reasonable distance from Oxford or London, UK.

Best,
Håvard

Yuh - post your full name, the name and full address of your employer and the phone number of the person in HR who can say you work for them.

Nick

haavard

Yuh - post your full name, the name and full address of your employer and the phone number of the person in HR who can say you work for them.

Nick

Hello,

I am using my real name, Håvard Helle, I am from Norway, but I live in Oxford.

Have a look at my IMDB Page, which are only given when films are shown commercially or in Film Festivals: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3655817/

I am connected to Oxford Brookes University, I will provide you with names and numbers on who to talk with, it will be one or more of the Dr.'s listed here:
http://ah.brookes.ac.uk/filmstudies/staff/

Hope this clears up the situation.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
If I only had some sort of big, wealthy organization backing me, then maybe ;)

oh well, it was worth a try. :yes:

Good luck on your documentary! :thumbsup:

When it is done, don't forget to come back here and provide a way so that we can see it.

What aspect of scientology or the CoS are you going to focus on for the documentary?

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello everyone.
If you prefer anonymous, I am still interesting in talking with you, so please reply here or send me a private message if you are in reasonable distance from Oxford or London, UK.Best, Håvard

Is there an echo in here? Hmmm... where have I heard this before?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hello,

I am using my real name, Håvard Helle, I am from Norway, but I live in Oxford.

Have a look at my IMDB Page, which are only given when films are shown commercially or in Film Festivals: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3655817/

]Is there an echo in here? Hmmm... where have I heard this before?

Thanks for the details Håvard. That's fine.

Sorry about Zorg. He never got over his brush with the Great Evil back in 2263.

Paul

haavard

Thanks for the details Håvard. That's fine.

Sorry about Zorg. He never got over his brush with the Great Evil back in 2263.

Paul

No worries.
I'm just trying to reach out further than my local area and these forums are a great resource for that.
I would think people would be positive to any press or documents on such an important issue.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hi Haavard,
I've never been a Scientologist, so I'm irrelevant for your project. Just an explanation: The people here are generally very open and willing to speak about their experiences in the cult, but: They also have their experiences with the cult's Fair Game tactics and a lot of other bad stuff. Your first post basically just said "I'm planning a documentation about Scientology, looking for people who want to talk."

That just isn't enough, and I doubt an IMDB page alone would cut it. People here will want to see a lot more information. They've been scammed before and have learned their lesson. When someone makes a nice sounding offer but doesn't give the beef behind it, skepticism is not such a far out reaction, is it?

So where's the beef? What exactly do you want to document and who's your target audience? What kind of security can you offer to the people willing to speak?

I could go on, but this should be enough for a start.