What's new

Los Angeles, Big Blue and HGB

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
On that wonderful mask idea...

Hmmmm,

I have both the skills and the equipment to make some vaccu-form slappy masks.
Is anyone seriously interested?

May I suggest experimenting with "morphing" from Guy Fawkes --> Slappy and points between... Maybe throw in a bit of noise from another famous mask such as Edvard Munch's "Der Schrei der Natur" (The Scream of Nature)

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I'm just putting it out there. At the next protest in LA hire a few midgets, oops, little people to dress up in nice Slappy Navy uniforms with all the gold braid etc. Give them Slappy masks & bullhorns to shout orders with. That I want to see.

edit: And in the faux Slappy little persons other hand a briefcase with dollars sticking out of it.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm just putting it out there. At the next protest in LA hire a few midgets, oops, little people to dress up in nice Slappy Navy uniforms with all the gold braid etc. Give them Slappy masks & bullhorns to shout orders with. That I want to see.

edit: And in the faux Slappy little persons other hand a briefcase with dollars sticking out of it.

That is an OUTSTANDING idea ... except that it has the possibility of blowback, with the cult accusations of exploiting "little people" or dwarfs or wtf the politically correct name is these days. We would be "making fun of dwarfism." The same thing could be accomplished, tho, if some children can be rounded up, i.e., kids of the anons. There good and focused behavior would, of course, need to be bought and paid for with promises of some really nice treat afterwards ... I am thinking a trip to some higher end icecream parlor same day, and on a following day a trip to Raging Rivers or perhaps 6 Flags Magic Mountain.

Perhaps the dwarf thing could be done, if it was confined to just, say, one or two professional actor dwarfs to dress up in the braded uniforms, and put on some street theatre/skit making believe to punch everybody out, etc.

Pete

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
I know some dwarfs got pissed off when Florida outlawed the so-called 'sport' of "dwarf tossing" that was popular in bars and clubs. Apparently, this was a good-paying gig for dwarf actors, stunt-performers, and daredevils.

I suggest calling up the (dwarf) actor's guild and talking to a spokesperson. Maybe the dwarf actors guild as a group would appreciate the publicity. I forget, did TC or JT ever commonly star alongside any dwarfs? The little people might not be getting much work from the scilon empire these days.

Bear in mind, though, the initial reference is to an "asthmatic dwarf" who has also been called a "midget." Both terms are used here as derogatory terms. I don't like the idea of hiring dwarfs for protests. But I can't speak for the dwarfs. Talk to them. They might love the idea of protesting the abuses of the cult.

google Little People of America

But they might be more of a social association than an actor's guild. Could start there, I suppose...

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
How about a Snow White mask for the ladies?

LOL, we had that before!! A girl used to come out to raids wearing a Snow White costume. Here's a pic from HGB:

102_0357.jpg