What's new

Los Angeles - IAS Event - Sunday, November 4 - Shrine Auditorium..

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
One event ages ago I ended up at the Pantry on New Years Eve (post stupid Scio event at the LA Convention Center) and we had to toast New Year's with the carrots and celery bowl!

It was still better than staying on at the event and counting down 5...4....3....2....1 along with a pack of fanatics!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
One of the thing I enjoy about their call in list is there are TONS of people on it who are will never sit foot in an org or event ever again - inactive, disaffected, blown, did a return of AP or refund, are declared, etc etc etc.

I love 'em wasting time getting jacked around with bogus confirmations & at the same time letting us know what is happening when.

Same for the emails.. only more so.

Poor bastards ..... can't get their lists even close to 10 years out of date.

If they call do waste their time for as long as you can !

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
How do these events work? Can anyone attend? If so, it would be great to have a shitload of folks who are there soley to take up the time of the redges. Maybe bring along a low end credit card that is almost already maxed out that will come up declined. You take up a few hours of their time then agree to donate $25,000 and hand them the credit card that has, say, an additional 3 or so bux to go on it.

Pete

Except, Scieno reges are pretty damn good at getting card limits raised.... yeah, how many times have I read "Good news! We got them to raise your card limit" followed by "I didn't authorize you to do that!" Followed by the usual pr and the public the next couple of days after being informed there was no way to reverse the charges and that would be a refund and well, you'd no longer be able to receive services.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
They place highly paranoid OSA staff at the doors to screen attendees. Then, of course, there is their list of party poopers prevented from attending.

http://markrathbun.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/party-poopers.pdf

They go with a list of party poopers as opposed to a list of bonafide party attenders? I doubt that I am on the party pooper list. If someone is willing to pay air fare from St. Louis to LA I would be more than happy to go for the express purpose of messing with their redges. I would even be willing to take the grope downs from the TSAholes for the opportunity to mess with the redges.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Except, Scieno reges are pretty damn good at getting card limits raised.... yeah, how many times have I read "Good news! We got them to raise your card limit" followed by "I didn't authorize you to do that!" Followed by the usual pr and the public the next couple of days after being informed there was no way to reverse the charges and that would be a refund and well, you'd no longer be able to receive services.

Not when you go in with one of those dog shit hurting 300 dollar limit secured credit cards!

Pete

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron

Guys like our dear friend Adam's father were raped financially just like that.

A health care professional shows up at SF mission or OC org after already getting pulverized at Sterling and the next thing he knows is that his PNC (a US bank) credit card limit got increased by 50k, 100k...... we all know the drill.

6. Get over to stand in line at the Pantry restaurant located @ 9th street and Figueroa.

7. Get seated and toast LRH with a celery stick!​

Oh my God, I SO LOVE The Pantry!!! Some of my happiest childhood and early family memories are there, also at the old Clifton's Cafeteria...where I heard Lionel Hampton play the vibes!!!

I think we need a field trip to THE PANTRY!!! :happydance: :thumbsup: :yes: :clap: Let's go celebrate something! :happydance:

241579-The_PANTRY_in_downtown_on_Los_Angeles.jpg

image57.gif

3374620-16493663-thumbnail.jpg

cliftons.jpg

Adam7986

Declared SP
Guys like our dear friend Adam's father were raped financially just like that.

A health care professional shows up at SF mission or OC org after already getting pulverized at Sterling and the next thing he knows is that his PNC (a US bank) credit card limit got increased by 50k, 100k...... we all know the drill.

You know my dad?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Not when you go in with one of those dog shit hurting 300 dollar limit secured credit cards!

Pete

And don't bring any ID. If anyone asks, say you're an illegal alien or that you were born on a polygamist compound and don't have a social security number, driver's license, or bank account. Or any way to get it.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh my God, I SO LOVE The Pantry!!! Some of my happiest childhood and early family memories are there, also at the old Clifton's Cafeteria...where I heard Lionel Hampton play the vibes!!!

I think we need a field trip to THE PANTRY!!! :happydance: :thumbsup: :yes: :clap: Let's go celebrate something! :happydance:

241579-The_PANTRY_in_downtown_on_Los_Angeles.jpg

image57.gif

3374620-16493663-thumbnail.jpg

cliftons.jpg

Yes, I used to love going to the Pantry, also Philippe's ... Philippe's was way old even back in the 1980's, going back to the 1920's I believe ... in any case, part of the old Los Angeles, way pre WWII. They had the best pickled eggs and pickled pigs feet. Philippe's is in the area of the Olivera St. Market.

If anybody was cleaned out by redges on credit cards ... credit cards, maxxed out or not, are the easiest debt to just walk away from. The worst outcome is calls from some outfit like Portfolio Recovery Associates. I have posted on here numerous times about my telephone adventures with them. But to recap ... my favorite routine was to answer "Psychiatric Abuse Hotline!" and then go into my routine about how the number that they called on could only be reached from within a psychiatric institution, and how I understand how real it is to them that they are bill collectors, that their delusion is very acute, and the reason why they are institutionalized, and do you have any abuse to report, have you been taking your meds, etc. Anyone can hang up on them, that's no challenge. The challenge is to keep a straight face while doing your routine and have them hang up first, without you ever having discussed bills, accounts, money, etc.

Pete

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh man, this is just bringing up more and more memories.... like being an auditor and half of flying their ruds ended up dealing with reges... which, when I calculated out how much it was costing them per minute dealing with it beyond all the money they were taken for made me sick.

Actually had a pc who got physically assaulted by her husband after this happened to her, because she said she wasn't going to pay any more money (he was not "in"). Now, what he did was insanely wrong, but the whole scene was also just insane... I kind of flipped. I was supposed to 'handle', and then it got sent into PTS handlings... and I just... sigh...

fuck. I hate IAS events. Seriously, if everyone my ex-husband lent my credit-card number out to regges at events paid me back, I wouldn't have to apply for financial aid for school next year.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
My god! This is just so much more of the same bullshit...furthering delusion of the already deluded. If only the parishioners would take this promo piece and go out into the world at large and follow up on each of the claims made in it...if only!