What's new

Louis Theroux new Tweet

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

There are many ways one can interpret this ~~ but speculation is only guessing

LouisTweet.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-t...-scientology-documentary.html#~p4Y8DlgW5GEd8B

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Some of the comments on Louis' documentary style. . .

Vizeman
yviews_no_pic.jpg

Love Louis Theroux, he makes out he's making a serious documentary about strange/weird people and reels them in. But really just takes the piss.

radcliffe95

yviews_no_pic.jpg

They should repeat the Saville documentary he did a few years back.

Snichy
yviews_no_pic.jpg

Louis is the master of appearing not to judge, whilst making a pretty obvious judgement. Cant wait :)

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Some of the comments on Louis' documentary style. . .

Vizeman
yviews_no_pic.jpg

Love Louis Theroux, he makes out he's making a serious documentary about strange/weird people and reels them in. But really just takes the piss.

radcliffe95

yviews_no_pic.jpg

They should repeat the Saville documentary he did a few years back.

Snichy
yviews_no_pic.jpg

Louis is the master of appearing not to judge, whilst making a pretty obvious judgement. Cant wait :)

His style of humor reminds me of someone HH.

:whistling:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I am a bit confused. Is this the one you are in Karen, did he go inside scientology and then speak to you about it?

I have been a fan of his for a long time. He has a way of asking questions that would make angels quake in their boots, and somehow does it in a way that people don't often take offence. Well they do sometimes, but he maintains that bland face and attitude of a sort of fearless innocence and they come around to blurt the most amazing things.

Louis is the master of appearing not to judge, whilst making a pretty obvious judgement. Cant wait

That is so true!

I really hope his big round thoughtful eyes were aimed fair and square at the abundant bizarreness (he loves bizarre) of scientology.

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
I am a bit confused. Is this the one you are in Karen, did he go inside scientology and then speak to you about it?

I have been a fan of his for a long time. He has a way of asking questions that would make angels quake in their boots, and somehow does it in a way that people don't often take offence. Well they do sometimes, but he maintains that bland face and attitude of a sort of fearless innocence and they come around to blurt the most amazing things.

That is so true!

I really hope his big round thoughtful eyes were aimed fair and square at the abundant bizarreness (he loves bizarre) of scientology.

Fearless innocence. That is Louis for sure. And he does get himself into some hairy situations.

I don't think he is that judgemental. He just reels out enough rope and asks the right questions to let the audience make its own conclusions. This one will give him so much material it will be a real eye opener to the general viewer.

The idea is for it to be a non-judgemental enquiry into beliefs and practices from inside the church

Non-judgemental

I have seen some of Louis' docos and I liked them -especially when he gets shitheads to reveal themselves through his questioning.

Sometimes I'm very surprised at how people are taken in and answer his "non-judgemental" questions. To me, they are often obviously snares. I think that people give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that the polite tone is genuine so they don't want to make a fuss, and before they know it they have said too much. Although some interviewees never see that they are being stroked for Louis' pleasure, in a couple of docos I saw Louis' 'foreplay' becoming more and intimate until subjects started to get a bit resistive and snarky, That's how he works.

Non-judgemental

Why be non-judgemental anyway, with the COS???? Lots of people are doing things to expose scientology without pretending to be non-judgemental, and for obvious reasons. To take 'non-judemental' and highlight in promotion looks coy and silly to me.
Are all the abusive beliefs and practices going to be looked at in a non-judgemental way?
Is there something wrong about looking at these things in a judgemental way?
Are we only going to see things that need not be judged.

Is this non-judgemental stance just wink-wink nudge-nudge? Even if that's what it is,
it is silly.

Will the viewers of this doco feel like being judgemental or non-judgemental after they see it? If they all feel non-judgemental it would mean it is not really worth looking at, and not even an interesting doco - so why make it in the first place?

Viewers will make judgements and they will make them based on what Louis and his crew have stitched together out of all that time making the documentary.

BTW, I wonder if 'non-judgemental' promo would look good if his doco does actually come out very close to the HBO doco. That would strange.

I hope the 'non judgemental' is just Louis extending his disingenuous style that he uses in his docos, to his promo tweets. Because if the doco is honestly nonjudgemental, it won't be up to much.

Having said all that, I am hoping for something OSA will hate.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

There are many ways one can interpret this ~~ but speculation is only guessing

LouisTweet.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-t...-scientology-documentary.html#~p4Y8DlgW5GEd8B

I am confused. That Tweet was from Feb 10, 2014. So was the article link ( & the quotes others posted from it ). What am I missing here?

Louis' most recent Tweet on Scientology was today about the Daily Mail Article on Scientology attacking Gibney and his father. ( some of the replies he got are very good )
https://twitter.com/louistheroux/status/569098505400258560

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am confused. That Tweet was from Feb 10, 2014. So was the article link ( & the quotes others posted from it ). What am I missing here?

Louis' most recent Tweet on Scientology was today about the Daily Mail Article on Scientology attacking Gibney and his father. ( some of the replies he got are very good )
https://twitter.com/louistheroux/status/569098505400258560

Thank you Mary.
This is my fault, I did not catch the date~~
Interesting to see way back then and how it evolved...

Actually, when the HBO doco was all wrapped up, and maybe after it was shown at Sundance (not sure of the exact timing), Louis made a little remark, reported in the media, and here, that seemed cryptic to me. I can't remember what it was, but it made me wonder if, after seeing 'Going Clear" or getting a good idea of what it was about, the BBC might be rethinking their approach in their own doco. I wondered if the non-judgmental approach might be under review. Just thinking......

Jump

Operating teatime

Actually, when the HBO doco was all wrapped up, and maybe after it was shown at Sundance (not sure of the exact timing), Louis made a little remark, reported in the media, and here, that seemed cryptic to me. I can't remember what it was, but it made me wonder if, after seeing 'Going Clear" or getting a good idea of what it was about, the BBC might be rethinking their approach in their own doco. I wondered if the non-judgmental approach might be under review. Just thinking......

Interesting.

I'm also wondering where Mark Bunker is up to with 'Knowledge Report' ?

Jump

Operating teatime
"... later this year ... difficult to get an insider view ... a creative solution ..."

Woohoo!! I can't wait! :happydance:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious

Agreed.
I think you are onto something....:eyeroll: