What's new

LRH Advices

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
In another thread, Little Bear Victor brought up something about DM. He said, "These days he acts like LRH advices are god's word."

It made me think about the LRH advices that I've read and some that I've heard that I haven't actually read.

If you haven't been in the SO, you might not be that familiar with the "backroom orders" from LRH. These go under an umbrella called "advices". Sometimes they are dispatches, sometimes they are telexes, sometimes they are notes taken by messengers following him around.

If you have been privy to reading many of them, I can guarantee that you would have a much different view of LRH than you get just from reading the published policies. Policies are generally written for "public view", and as such, are made to be as palatable and as sane sounding as possible, for the most part.

Even the policies where he sounds the most insane, pale beside how he sounds in these "advices".

As an example, LRH policy says "you always pay for and take care of the staff".

However, I remember reading an advice where he was blasting the "inadequate" amount of money the orgs were sending uplines. The advice said something about "ripping the money out of the orgs...I don't care where you take the money from, as long as it isn't from promotion."

Another example:

You guys might remember the "List 1 R/S" era. Supposedly, LRH "discovered" that List 1s were being "incorrectly called" and came in to save the day.

Guess what? I saw the advices/dispatches from that time period. He was running the whole thing via the CMO. He was totally behind it, and made many derogatory comments about the "R/Sers".

Senior Management, no matter what they say, run more on these "advices" than they do on standard, basic and (at least somewhat) sane policy.

Anyone remember any more "advices"?

I'm sure you guys who used to be at Int have seen a lot of them.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Advices

That sounds like a potentially very fruitful idea Lulu! I don't think anyone has really tried to compile the known 'advices' into any kind of collection, but, it'd be great to do so. Unfortunately, most of them will not be available as 'documents', but, even the various memories should be a treasure trove.

Here are a couple of links:
http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbandcw/
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology/cst.htm
http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/second_tells_alli.html
http://www.skeptictank.org/gen3/gen01968.htm
http://www.lermanet2.com/chuck_beatty/

Chuck's is particularly good for Incomm examples and, you can use the 'find in page' tool under 'edit' in most browsers to locate the individual 'items'.

No TA required :)

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
That sounds like a potentially very fruitful idea Lulu! I don't think anyone has really tried to compile the known 'advices' into any kind of collection, but, it'd be great to do so. Unfortunately, most of them will not be available as 'documents', but, even the various memories should be a treasure trove.

Here are a couple of links:
http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbandcw/
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology/cst.htm
http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/second_tells_alli.html
http://www.skeptictank.org/gen3/gen01968.htm
http://www.lermanet2.com/chuck_beatty/

Chuck's is particularly good for Incomm examples and, you can use the 'find in page' tool under 'edit' in most browsers to locate the individual 'items'.

No TA required :)

Zinj

I just want to acknowlege Zinj for an actually helpful, thoughtful and on-topic post. Please copy to his ethics file as "capable of change". :clap:

Zinjifar

I just want to acknowlege Zinj for an actually helpful, thoughtful and on-topic post. Please copy to his ethics file as "capable of change". :clap:

The rumours of my metamorphosis may be ill-conceived or premature :)

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
The rumours of my metamorphosis may be ill-conceived or premature :)

Zinj

Note that I said "capable of". The actual requirement, if I recall correctly is "makes ethics change". There is insufficient evidence of *that* at this time.
;)

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
In another thread, Little Bear Victor brought up something about DM. He said, "These days he acts like LRH advices are god's word."

It made me think about the LRH advices that I've read and some that I've heard that I haven't actually read.

If you haven't been in the SO, you might not be that familiar with the "backroom orders" from LRH. These go under an umbrella called "advices". Sometimes they are dispatches, sometimes they are telexes, sometimes they are notes taken by messengers following him around.

If you have been privy to reading many of them, I can guarantee that you would have a much different view of LRH than you get just from reading the published policies. Policies are generally written for "public view", and as such, are made to be as palatable and as sane sounding as possible, for the most part.

Even the policies where he sounds the most insane, pale beside how he sounds in these "advices".

As an example, LRH policy says "you always pay for and take care of the staff".

However, I remember reading an advice where he was blasting the "inadequate" amount of money the orgs were sending uplines. The advice said something about "ripping the money out of the orgs...I don't care where you take the money from, as long as it isn't from promotion."

Another example:

You guys might remember the "List 1 R/S" era. Supposedly, LRH "discovered" that List 1s were being "incorrectly called" and came in to save the day.

Guess what? I saw the advices/dispatches from that time period. He was running the whole thing via the CMO. He was totally behind it, and made many derogatory comments about the "R/Sers".

Senior Management, no matter what they say, run more on these "advices" than they do on standard, basic and (at least somewhat) sane policy.

It would be worth looking over all the various advices that arose out of the 1982 Int Stat Analysis.

There was an advice in there that dealt with the Int GI and was commenting on the usual "one week peak" every month. First of all - and this is a paraphrase of course - Hubbard expresses amazement that "284" is still in force. And suggesting that Management needs to find a way to wean the orgs off it - lol. Hubbard points out that the prices are way too high. This is 1982... regges and crew members in the orgs were being commeved, put in conditions, declared for saying exactly that! I was reading this advice in 1984 and this problem had, even then, not been handled.

It is hard for me to convey how angry I was when I read this piece of crap advice. My wife was an FSC at the time and regularly, in 1984, got handlings because she thought the prices were too high. As I had I when I was an FSC. Two years after HUbbard had said it, two more dumb years of unhandled prices rises and people were being beaten up about it. Even though they were "right" and management was "wrong" and management knew it.

The rest of the advice dealt with how to extract more money out of the public and to force staff to keep selling..

Zinjifar

It would be worth looking over all the various advices that arose out of the 1982 Int Stat Analysis.

There was an advice in there that dealt with the Int GI and was commenting on the usual "one week peak" every month. First of all - and this is a paraphrase of course - Hubbard expresses amazement that "284" is still in force. And suggesting that Management needs to find a way to wean the orgs off it - lol. Hubbard points out that the prices are way too high. This is 1982... regges and crew members in the orgs were being commeved, put in conditions, declared for saying exactly that! I was reading this advice in 1984 and this problem had, even then, not been handled.

It is hard for me to convey how angry I was when I read this piece of crap advice. My wife was an FSC at the time and regularly, in 1984, got handlings because she thought the prices were too high. As I had I when I was an FSC. Two years after HUbbard had said it, two more dumb years of unhandled prices rises and people were being beaten up about it. Even though they were "right" and management was "wrong" and management knew it.

The rest of the advice dealt with how to extract more money out of the public and to force staff to keep selling..

You probably missed seeing the 'advice' to 'no matter what else I may say, squeeze them for all you can get and then some'.

Zinj

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors

Dear Mick,

If you ever go to the UK for holiday, or whatever, Ursula Caberta who heads the "Scientology Task Force" in Hamburg would greatly appreciate meeting you.

If you want to be a speaker at one of the "cult" conferences that happen yearly, over in EU, I think absolutely you could give the flavor of life in the ranks where the big bucks money gets "raked in."

Your experiences in Copenhagen, and later your experiences in the IAS, there is much to share and get out to those in EU who need to know how Scientology's bureaucratic top ranks raked in the money.

If you or ANY former senior Scientology staff admin people, if ANYONE finds
themselves in EU for any reason, I will gladly introduce you, and and anyone, to spend an hour or two meeting and chatting with Ursula.

I just read your life getting out of the Sea Org at Copenhagen, and your discussion of LRH ED 284, the price increase LRHED, boy, that is so typical.

LRH just had no clue what his orders caused, or he displayed a seemingly conscious heartlessness at times, blaming others for the hardship the money raking caused, which he conveniently didn't remember he started the LRH ED 284 price increases to begin with. He was unaware of how inept and shell shocked and gun-shy his "aides" were to sensibly counter-act against his "orders" that when his orders were left go to their logical conclusion inevitably causing serious abuse. DM's the one who needed to see this, and he's been the one who holds dear these "advices" and runs with them to these abusive conclusions, and DM then follows LRH's behavior patterns and finds faults with the subordinates who misimplemented the LRH orders.

It is a catch 22 vicious circle inevitably losing predicatment, a systemically ingrained losing proposition.

I'm always trying to NOT blame all concerned, but LRH has to be the "source" of it all, the whole damn mess, since his fantasy about himself and his own "goodness" was the buffer that I think kept him from realizing the hardships and pain all his policies and "advices" were causing.

His non-realization, his non-recognitiion, his arrogance, his megalomania, his heights of fantasy about how he saw the universe, and how he saw himself, in the small time slot he "lived" in body form on earth, his fantasy about his "legacy of tech" making it tradeoff all the abuse his bureaucratic writings and "advices" set in motion. LRH's created world around himself, the whole movement, the tech, the rules, t is just a sad sad self-protective almost natural self-defensive bureaucratic organized fantasy that naturally kept him from realizing the downsides his whole creation was causing for real in people's lives.

L. Ron Hubbard Junior's statement that his dad, LRH, LRH Jnr said LRH was all about "self-agrandizement and power", that statement is so true.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is a good thread posted by Programmer Guy that really covers much of Hubbards behavior.

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=1602

Narcissists are generally contemptuous of others. This seems to spring, at base, from their general lack of empathy, and it comes out as (at best) a dismissive attitude towards other people's feelings, wishes, needs, concerns, standards, property, work, etc. It is also connected to their overall negative outlook on life. ^

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Around that time, Melanie Murray was in the CMO working with LRH. Her dad, George Seidler, who ran a mission in Peoria, IL, had asked her to ask LRH to re-examine the prices.

Melanie told me she walked into LRH's office one day, and talked to him about the prices for auditing and training world wide. She said that these services were being priced out of the reach of public. Melanie said that LRH had graphs of the Int GI in his office.

The INT GI graph was doubled-up, with a steep Affluence rising almost straight up, from one page to the next.

Melanie said LRH pointed to the GI graph and said to her, "Do you see that graph? I'm not changing anything!"

And that was that.

Melanie was always very "in-PR" whenever she told me an LRH story. And almost every time we met, I wanted to hear another one from her. She often said that on the Admin Scale, purpose was higher than stats. But she said, LRH always ran Scientology from the GI stat.

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Melanie Murray

In case you didn't know, Melanie was in tech at FSO, auditing away in 2005, on the TTC redoing her SHSBC and C/S training. Love that theta potata. Mike

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
In case you didn't know, Melanie was in tech at FSO, auditing away in 2005, on the TTC redoing her SHSBC and C/S training. Love that theta potata. Mike

Me too.

Very much.

She's probably one of the best auditors in the world.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Wow. This is so good to hear. I am amazed!!! I am so happy for her. Wow. I just know how hard she was working to get back on tech lines. It sounds like she did it. Wow. That is so cool. I am amazed. She is a good girl. Wow. I am so happy for her. Ok, I am done.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
He sure fucked up on a LOT things as an executive. He should have stayed in the Ivory Tower. Things were going well when he C/Sed, audited, wrote, and encouraged people to open missions.

I don't use his valuable (to me)discoveries to justify the ones that helped nobody. And I don't use his emoting executive trip ups to invalidate what was good for me.

Just like everyone else, he wasn't all black or white. He had gray areas too.

All I can say is that his business fuck ups were pretty ordinary. Other executives have done worse.

As a writer and an explorer into the supernatural "out of the box" , his discoveries were not so ordinary.

All in all, still glad someone pointed this arena out to me.

Mostly because of the other people "out of the box" that I got to meet and know.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Around that time, Melanie Murray was in the CMO working with LRH. Her dad, George Seidler, who ran a mission in Peoria, IL, had asked her to ask LRH to re-examine the prices.

Melanie told me she walked into LRH's office one day, and talked to him about the prices for auditing and training world wide. She said that these services were being priced out of the reach of public. Melanie said that LRH had graphs of the Int GI in his office.

The INT GI graph was doubled-up, with a steep Affluence rising almost straight up, from one page to the next.

Melanie said LRH pointed to the GI graph and said to her, "Do you see that graph? I'm not changing anything!"

And that was that.

Melanie was always very "in-PR" whenever she told me an LRH story. And almost every time we met, I wanted to hear another one from her. She often said that on the Admin Scale, purpose was higher than stats. But she said, LRH always ran Scientology from the GI stat.

Alanzo - do you remember when this story happened?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alanzo - do you remember when this story happened?

Not personally. It was a story told to me by Melanie.

It would have been while she still worked in the CMO, which was certainly prior to 1984, but probably around 1982. Because I believe she was "purged" along with Mayo around that time.

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron

Not exactly an advice, but at least a "confidential" HCO PL, Planetary Dissemination (not highly confidential, but enough to keep it out of the OEC Volumes) calls for making the sales of LRH books to amount to 5% of all the book sales on planet Earth. Money, money, money...