What's new

LRH and LSD?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Because it was a drug acquired and used by some federal agencies to create psychosis and paranoia. It was used to disburse the hippie(anti Viet Nam war protestors) movement quite successfully. If it weren't for that SOED on LSD I would most likely be a class XII today.
I don't know if I buy that about the Viet Nam war protesters, Koot. If the gov't wanted us (I confess, I was one of the protesters) to take LSD, why did they circulate that b.s. about LSD breaking your chromosomes and giving you deformed babies? That would discourage us from taking it, no?

As for dispersing the protesters "quite successfully," we ended the war, didn't we?

Koot

Patron with Honors
Oh my. :) I just looked over at what was holding up the bottom my small window AC unit. That tech vol is exactly the same color and size with the gold embossed title on its binding instead of the front. It IS like Crowley's Book of the Law.

Doing OT III I experienced a pervasive LSD presence in every session. An intimidating one. No matter how precisely I focused my attention, everywhere in the auditing space seemed to be filled. I never did get the source and I never ingested anything like it, and it didn't repair. I sometimes thought it would explode. Like in The Matrix. A few times I would feel like something was injected into my veins but trying to run it as a different cluster making incident wouldn't fly. I ran the level only til a flat point. I did not notice a return of ARC from doing the level. I felt like I was connecting with synthetically generated entities and not beings on that level. I thought that any contact I might have made with the charge wasn't from any Inc II. I considered it maybe a contagion of sorts. Like, I'd never have come across anything to trigger it in life if I wasn't part of that group. I got reads but they didn't bring any significant change into my life except for stirring up INT.

I have a book by Marvin Meyer which contains translations of ancient scrolls from the Gnostics. In several of them, it seems individuals are describing in awe, their exteriorization from Time. That of this system which has our attention locked into its time/space continuum. Time exists, location exists, and our focus of awareness is dominated by identity here. I think that when LRH got into his babble about the gates of hell and suppression from outside, he was messing with archaic problems he would never solve. I think maybe, in a kabbalistic sense, Life has had a problem keeping its life force 'contained' in its assigned vessels or stations. That story about Lucifer is one who envied and wanted to be THE Cause. IMO, we may have entered into time/space continuums a lot. Maybe Ron's Wall of Fire was a re-enacted past initiation before the big plunge. Engineering our personal universe, we might imbue our own lifeforce into what we create and command it "STAY!". It's rebellion when the ground no longer wills on its own, to serve the sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Discourse_on_the_Eighth_and_Ninth

Some of the Gnostic treatises were advices on how to free yourself from entities holding you down IN the timestream. These were given spacial coordinates and said to be barring your progress out and beyond their powers.
images

(Valentinianism: regarding the spaces ruled by the Archons) Time- breaking and o/w phenomena are looked at from their different angles and purposes in the gnostic teachings. It's hard to read between lines because writings often incorporate similies taken for granted thru generations and not elucidated further. There was no equality of intelligence, some struggling to learn thru experiencing the mysteries and others getting just the little stories. That's how the Alexandrians wrote it up anyway in Hellenistic times, so that was their social scene. I think the writing that had their origins in the ancient Aramaic texts had ideas you find around Tibet. Chastisement for wrong errors in thinking were common, as if their Gnostic vein was older than dirt. It stressed disrupting mental association between pairs of opposites. A branch focused on syzygies that keep each other's phenomena in a state of balanced creation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=syz.....69i57j0l4.1929j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Scientology is a gnostic style religion, cough... with its story of the Fall from Divine status into entrapment and the soul's struggle to rise again up to its completeness.

I include some boring references here because it must be remembered that some of the discovered text were repetitions of the Book of Thoth and other Egyptian prayers that Crowley took from, as well as the idea of Gnostic Mass. It was his 'twist'.

I tried to just stick a link instead of the big cover photo but can't do it any more.
"Doing OT III I experienced a pervasive LSD presence in every session. An intimidating one. No matter how precisely I focused my attention, everywhere in the auditing space ......

"Black Static Thetans" ??

Last edited:

Koot

Patron with Honors
I don't know if I buy that about the Viet Nam war protesters, Koot. If the gov't wanted us (I confess, I was one of the protesters) to take LSD, why did they circulate that b.s. about LSD breaking your chromosomes and giving you deformed babies? That would discourage us from taking it, no?

As for dispersing the protesters "quite successfully," we ended the war, didn't we?
They play it by ear. I do not know about the chromosome idea one way or the other as to it being planted or not. The hippies are gone. Many have been absorbed into the present model of society and are rewarded for that$$$. The media is now fully controlled so protests are cherry picked. Not to mention the intense "education", movie, music, "news", that is now in use to keep us docile and stupid. As far as ending the war? In Viet Nam yes, we broke them and own them now. The powers that be are bigger and better than ever now. The death toll is in the millions. The herd is being redistributed grossly as a result, intentionally. If you protest you are a "tin foil hat nutter"

Veda

Sponsor
I didn't know the Dianetic Drug RD went back that far. What we used to call the "Class VIII RD" comes from the 1968 Class VIII course. That was rehabbing drugs, triple recalls (secondaries?) and engrams of doing drugs, e.g "Locate an incident containing pain and unconsciousness of another giving you drugs/you giving drugs to another/others giving drugs to others," etc. I believe when it was introduced, that was the whole DRD. I think the Class VIII RD was still done as the final step of the DRD (after the main Dianetic DRD) until NED came along.

But the Dianetic DRD -- which to me means running each reading drug narrative, and AESP's (attitudes, emotions, sensations, and pains) connected with each drug -- did that really go back that far? The DRD doesn't even appear on the Grade Chart as a separate step until 1974. It's not on the 1970 Grade Chart. The 1970 chart has Life Repair (optional), ARC S/W, and then Dianetic Case Completion. (Must I go hunting for grade charts?)

I believe the early 70's was when it became mandatory to run all reading drugs, without checking interest. I think this came out of the XDN (Expanded Dianetics) stuff. In talking about the various XDN test cases, Hubbard claims over and over again that the failures were due to "unhandled drugs." I believe this is where the "run all drugs, don't check interest" came from.

I didn't get into scn until 1975 (when we were doing the "full Drug RD," i.e. Dianetic DRD plus Class VIII RD), and what I'm saying here is what I remember from ~40 years ago. So somebody else check me on this. When did the Dianetic DRD (not the "Class VIII RD") actually start? I don't think it was as early as 1968.

Prior assessment of unwanted feelings, etc., that preceded drug use, and their R3R handling, was first described in an HCOB in the May 19, 1969 Drug and Alcohol Cases Prior Assessing.

Collecting lists of drugs that people had used became important in Scientology/Dianetics in 1968.

I didn't know the Dianetic Drug RD went back that far. What we used to call the "Class VIII RD" comes from the 1968 Class VIII course. That was rehabbing drugs, triple recalls (secondaries?) and engrams of doing drugs, e.g "Locate an incident containing pain and unconsciousness of another giving you drugs/you giving drugs to another/others giving drugs to others," etc. I believe when it was introduced, that was the whole DRD. I think the Class VIII RD was still done as the final step of the DRD (after the main Dianetic DRD) until NED came along.

But the Dianetic DRD -- which to me means running each reading drug narrative, and AESP's (attitudes, emotions, sensations, and pains) connected with each drug -- did that really go back that far? The DRD doesn't even appear on the Grade Chart as a separate step until 1974. It's not on the 1970 Grade Chart. The 1970 chart has Life Repair (optional), ARC S/W, and then Dianetic Case Completion. (Must I go hunting for grade charts?)

I believe the early 70's was when it became mandatory to run all reading drugs, without checking interest. I think this came out of the XDN (Expanded Dianetics) stuff. In talking about the various XDN test cases, Hubbard claims over and over again that the failures were due to "unhandled drugs." I believe this is where the "run all drugs, don't check interest" came from.

I didn't get into scn until 1975 (when we were doing the "full Drug RD," i.e. Dianetic DRD plus Class VIII RD), and what I'm saying here is what I remember from ~40 years ago. So somebody else check me on this. When did the Dianetic DRD (not the "Class VIII RD") actually start? I don't think it was as early as 1968.
I got a drug rundown in 71 or 2, which had objectives, dianetics as part of it. There is an online web page that has the tech vols - I think the earlier set, maybe a quick search of it will tell you. Mimsey

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
A primodial chemical related to, a distant cousin? , of Ayahuasca? Apparently it is not very static though. Maybe spirits are just chemical concoctions.

Either way my mother and father made me crazy and that is the way I will stay.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
phenomanon asked:

WTF is an " LSD presence"?

The LSD presence was a sensation of being blanketed by an exterior being saturated in the 'feeling' of this drug. I did do blue barrel and orange sunshine and purple mescaline a couple times as a teenager, and knew what the window pane did, which was most like this feeling. I did acid about six times in all back in 1973 and recognized the experience. The drug turning on seemed like a whole track thing, only very very heavy. I don't know why I was blanketed the moment I started each OT III session.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/black-static-thetans.20973/

Didn't know about Black Static Thetans back in 1985 when doing OT III. OT II went easy with no freewheeling phenomena. I had felt by age 19 that Scientology had been around before.

It felt like I had made a copy of myself at Static point for each time I entered a universe, or was pushed in. I'd had had a heart attack and ricocheted off of two separate bodies in pawn that were connected to two different entry points. One was entire and one was just a heart. Both seemed to be in heavy clear solution, whatever? This bothered me about the sessions. It revivified drugged-ness and monitors out beyond.....wherever they are. LOL My C/S instructions were to just run Inc IIs and Is and look for other cluster making incidents. The thing giving most relief was spotting earlier universe entry points or the dumpings. Nothing appeared close to Ron's story for that 65 mill date.

My goal for the repair auditing was to be in Present Time. That OT level actually stole that as if I was resurrecting zombie-like ghosts to plague me. I have been very critical of the level because it offered NO solutions to anything stirred up and gave a huge failed pupose. I'd believed "What turns it on, will turn it off" and "The way out is the way through". This was NOT the case. I'd chronic stops in my life since. My car broke down on the way to the aiprort on the route to get auditing more times than I can count. LOL. I was probably causing it out of self perservation by that point. LOL

I kinda felt bad the Sea Org would recruit Beings who had, imo, split themselves off after captures to create a new identity to come back in again on the same purpose line. It's a big black GPM. I don't like recounting the fucked up thinking, but had been adept at 'seeing' what being flashed at me spiritually. Today I tune out a lot. Some things gobble free theta. I had not been afraid to LOOK at the craziness and heavy drugs used to lock in pieces of time track for use later.

LRH tape lecture 27 Nov 1959 Principal Incidents On The Track

"But, you'll find these things repeating themselves one way or the other. But, actually, you don't find very much space opera as such until about seventy-six trillion years ago. There's actually a double track involved with all this. It kind of goes in some circular time, and the reason the earlier track gets too obscured or something of the sort is because it's been cross-implanted, up-implanted and down-implanted to a point where nobody could make any sense of it. "

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/black-static-thetans.20973/

Koot reminded me of the Black Static Thetan concept with his post under mine above. I got introverted when reading the Capt Bill stuff and shunned it and thought it hard to believe I'd arrive total present time along with all my parts :) by focusing there. I have to say though, in 1982, I got hit full force out of the blue with 'concerns' that had nothing whatsoever to do with my current existence. I felt robbed. I was bitter about that too. I am surprised to see the nuttiness expressed so closely to what I was going thru, i.e. reading the thread about BS thetans. Duh, who'd a thunkit.

There were 2 yrs of autorun on a North Africa time period several thousand yrs ago from different viewpoints simultaneously. On one side of the delta there was highly sophisticated teleportation. On the other were slaves making primordial mud bricks with straw, kept in bamboo style (The Deerhunter) cages as slave labor. In the south were the snake aliens, and in the high north was a type of Zen Buddhism. The latter seemed worthy opponents who could also slide in and out of time. All the while toward the Red Sea you could hear what seemed Bell UH-1 helicopters, a 'replay' of the Vietnam War with flooded patties, and tall grains blowing in the hard wind. THIS was the great granddaddy of all mindfucks. Nobody was meant to figure it out. Alexandria was a point of ....I dunno...maybe where people hoped to get back 'out'.

Scn doesn't talk about interdimensional beings. But I believe many pieces of track were soldered onto smaller theta quanta and dumped in here then, from a place NOT inside our matrix here. They might be holograms. Recordings of timetack were cloned from other beings and saved somehow maybe. Those dumped in here then were embedded in entities, dumped in as incidents and sealed with LSD, never to be erased. Engram running the North Africa period made it worse as many origins are outside of 'here' or have 'no' time?. It doesn't date/locate in 'time' well because its all re-used, fake, or copied.

Last edited:

pineapple

Prior assessment of unwanted feelings, etc., that preceded drug use, and their R3R handling, was first described in an HCOB in the May 19, 1969 Drug and Alcohol Cases Prior Assessing.

Collecting lists of drugs that people had used became important in Scientology/Dianetics in 1968.
Thanks. I took a look at the bulletin. I remember this being on the HSDC (which I did twice). Curiously, though, we didn't do what's described there. For each reading drug, we asked, "What [attitude/emotion/sensation/pain]s are connected with [drug]?" We didn't actually do prior assessing until NED, when we started listing, "Prior to taking [drug], were there ..." and then down a list of words intended to describe every possible somatic, pain, emotion, feeling, etc. (NED added a lot of stuff to the Standard Dn AESP's.) We did this in addition to the old "connected with" lists, which now had all the new "somatics/feelings/sensations" words added too. When I first saw this, I thought, "Oh no, they're making the DRD even longer!"

But then along came Dn Clear, and suddenly there was almost nobody who needed Dns anymore.

Tech Vols. here, if anybody is interested:
https://www.mediafire.com/?t28obc6b9j6jl

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
"Doing OT III I experienced a pervasive LSD presence in every session. An intimidating one. No matter how precisely I focused my attention, everywhere in the auditing space ......

"Black Static Thetans" ??

You must have done a very different 'oatee III' to me (and taken a very different LSD too).

:D

Veda

Sponsor
Thanks. I took a look at the bulletin. I remember this being on the HSDC (which I did twice). Curiously, though, we didn't do what's described there. For each reading drug, we asked, "What [attitude/emotion/sensation/pain]s are connected with [drug]?" We didn't actually do prior assessing until NED

-snip-
Then you - or whoever was relaying this "tech" to you - were "squirrelling."

From personal experience I can tell you that prior assessment was being done in 1971. I was there and I did lots of it and so did everyone else auditing Dianetics then. It was inescapably part of the "LRH materials."

In 1978, Hubbard decided he wanted to re-hype Dianetics, so a bunch the old Standard Dianetics HCOBs were quickly butchered (by sleep deprived tech aides) and became New Era Dianetics. Then came the dubious (but lucrative) "Dianetic Clear."

What a mess, but the money kept flowing to Hubbard, and the LRH giant photos were kept dusted and the LRH bronze busts polished, which was the main thing.

Last edited:

pineapple

Then you - or whoever was relaying this "tech" to you - were "squirrelling."

From personal experience I can tell you that prior assessment was being done in 1971. I was there and I did lots of it and so did everyone else auditing Dianetics then. It was inescapably part of the "LRH materials."

In 1978, Hubbard decided he wanted to re-hype Dianetics, so a bunch the old Standard Dianetics HCOBs were quickly butchered (by sleep deprived tech aides) and became New Era Dianetics. Then came the dubious (but lucrative) "Dianetic Clear."

What a mess, but the money kept flowing to Hubbard, and the LRH giant photos were kept dusted and the LRH bronze busts polished, which was the main thing.
I don't doubt that you did it as you say; but the way I described was how it was done both at Hawaii Org and also at Riverside Mission, which had a Flag-trained Snr C/S. Odd that they'd both have been squirrelling in exactly the same way, when there was no comm between them. I don't know what the "Source" was for the way we did it -- and at this point I don't know if I care enough to research it. Unless it really starts bugging me at 2 a.m. sometime, maybe. :)

I think now that it was the same with tech as with policy: no matter what you did, eventually someone was going to find some reference somewhere that made you wrong. Ideas about what was "out-tech" or "off-policy" changed from time to time and place to place, and there was always some reference that could be produced to justify -- or condemn -- almost anything.

There were also instances of differing interpretations of the same material. Two people could read the same bulletin or policy letter and think it meant two different, even completely opposite things. This happened sometimes even with all the "what do your materials state?" and "study tech."

I remember once receiving pc folders for a new public that had come to our mission (in Hawaii). He'd had an unremarkable-looking Life Repair at another mission (in Connecticut, I think). The next step should have been the Dn DRD. But instead the C/S there had run him on something called "lock scanning." It was a process I'd never seen before and didn't know of any reference for. At the time I was Class IV and the C/S at the other mission was Cl VI so I was a little leery of crying squirrel, but my unspoken reaction was "What the f**k is this?" I was going to write and ask what the process was all about, but as it turned out the reg cycle fell through and the pc ended up not getting audited at our mission. I never did find out about that process.

Last edited:

pineapple

I would think "Lock Scanning" was an old timer referring to SA Lists.
I remember LRH referring to "lock scanning" in some of the early books (Handbook for Preclears, maybe?) but what had been run on this pc was not SA lists, which of course I was familiar with. It was something I'd never seen up to that point. I got the idea the C/S had made up his own process based on something in one of the old books (not okay). It wasn't something that was part of a standard DRD at that time, as I understood it.

Though as Veda has pointed out, I may have been a squirrel myself without knowing it (and had plenty of company). One man's standard is another man's squirrel.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
I don't doubt that you did it as you say; but the way I described was how it was done both at Hawaii Org and also at Riverside Mission, which had a Flag-trained Snr C/S. Odd that they both would have been squirrelling in exactly the same way, when there was no comm between them.
From Veda: I'm not sure why you'd assume there would have been be no comm between them. IIRC, at the time, Riverside had a branch Mission in Hawaii. They may very well have used the same Snr C/S.
I don't know what the "Source" was for the way we did it -- and at this point I don't know if I care enough to research it. Unless it really starts bugging me at 2 a.m. sometime, maybe. :)
Veda, continued: Not much interested in having a 45 year old tech debate over possible "out tech" either.
I think now that it was the same with tech as with policy: no matter what you did, eventually someone was going to find some reference somewhere that made you wrong. Ideas about what was "out-tech" or "off-policy" changed from time to time and place to place, and there was always some reference that could be produced to justify -- or condemn -- almost anything.
There were also instances of differing interpretations of the same material. Two people could read the same bulletin or policy letter and think it meant two different, even completely opposite things. This happened sometimes even with all the "what do your materials state?" and "study tech."
I remember once receiving pc folders for a new public that had come to our mission (in Hawaii). He'd had an unremarkable-looking Life Repair at another mission (in Connecticut, I think). The next step should have been the Dn DRD. But instead the C/S there had run him on something called "lock scanning." It was a process I'd never seen before and didn't know of any reference for. At the time I was Class IV and the C/S at the other mission was Cl VI so I was a little leery of crying squirrel, but my unspoken reaction was "What the f**k is this?" I was going to write and ask what the process was all about, but as it turned out the reg cycle fell through and the pc ended up not getting audited at our mission. I never did find out about that process.

More From Veda:
I don't have access at this time to many of these materials. I do have 1975 copy of Dianetics Today which lists as Drug handling:
A full auditing rundown on drugs, all done on the same pc, would be:

1. Special TRs course for ex- drug user...
2. Pc assessment sheet
3.Class VIII Drug Rundown triple.

4. By a Dianetic auditor: pains, emotions, sensations, attitudes connected with drugs, R3R triple.
5, PRIOR ASSESSMENT TO DRUGS...

____

From what you've written, I have the impression that you may have attested to Dianetic Clear. If you haven't seen it, this 1990 article by David Mayo may be of interest.
Article by David Mayo on Clear, 1991: http://www.ivymag.org/iv-01-02.html

In late 1978, the state of "dianetic clear" was announced. Within a few months two other "states of clear" were introduced: the state of "natural clear" and the state of "past life clear".

This change had two immediate consequences:

1. The number of people attesting (correctly or falsely) to having attained the "state of clear" increased enormously.

2. During and after that period, there was a considerable amount of upset and confusion about the "state of clear".

There were those who considered that a dianetic clear was not a "real clear" and that the only "real clear" was one who (like them) had done the Clearing Course. Some felt that they had gone clear in their last lifetime. Some felt that dianetic clear explained why they had never been able to run dianetic auditing successfully. A large number of auditors, C/Ses, and others felt that there were a lot of people falsely attesting to the state of clear and either

a. Felt unethical about letting the person attest, or
b. Tried to handle it and ended up involuntarily invalidating the pc. No matter how this was "handled", it has persisted as a problem. So we can at least assume that there are aspects of it that haven't been taken into account and handled.

Let us examine more closely what happened in late 1978 and early 1979. LRH was being audited and concluded that one of the things wrong with his case was that he had been audited on dianetic auditing after he had attained the "state of clear" (which he at first thought had occurred in objective processing). He then issued a bulletin forbidding the running of dianetic auditing on clears and made various other technical and administrative changes.

He cancelled the state of "keyed out clear" by stating that it was the same state as "clear". He changed the definition of "clear" (and subsequently changed it several more times). He order ed that the folders of pcs (and the pcs themselves) who might have gone clear in orgs and missions be routed to Advanced Orgs. This action resulted in an emptying out of the orgs and missions and a flood of people arriving at the AOs.
At first, people were being declared clear regardless of what they thought they had gone clear on or when this had occurred. More importantly, they were being declared clear regardless of the state of case or condition they were in. In fact, one bulletin went so far as to advise that case and ethics trouble could be caused by a person having attained clear without having the state acknowledged. As a result, many persons who were declared clear were actually in very poor condition. This practice reflected badly on the "state of clear" and the workability of the tech. It caused a great deal of upset and confusion on the subject of clear.
At that time there was a shortage of instructions on how to handle dianetic clear technically and a general lack of data on the new subject of "dianetic clear". However persons accused of mis-handling dianetic clear were handled with heavy ethics. The "invalidation of clear" was named a Suppressive Act, while permitting someone to attest falsely was also a serious ethics offense.

A step in the procedure for handling these new clears was to establish the date when the person went clear. Sometimes the date so found would be before scientology or even prior to the pc's lifetime. When LRH heard that some persons considered that they had attained the "state of clear" in an earlier practice such as Buddhism, he became very upset. He stated that the idea that a person could go clear through any other means than scientology was "suppressive". At a certain point, he also got upset at the fact that people were concluding that they had gone clear in scientology auditing. So he specified that a person can validly go clear only in dianetic auditing. He handled the "earlier than this life time" clears by deciding that they either went clear in their last lifetime in dianetic auditing (presumably if they were young enough for this to be possible) or had attained a new state he dubbed "natural clear". His new theory was that some people had never been anything but clear. However, he refused, thereafter, to issue any further clarification of what he meant by this assertion.

Throughout this period, the definition of clear and/or dianetic clear kept changing - in the direction of dilution. Thus people came to expect less and less from the "state of clear", while the number of new clears (and thus new arrivals at AOs and Gross Income) steadily increased. None of the new definitions of "clear", and none of the new techniques for handling clears or programming them for further actions, really solved any of the problems caused by the advent of dianetic clear.

It is of interest that the definition of "clear" had already been changed several times between its first definition in DMSMH (The book, Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health, 1950, by L. Ron Hubbard) and the time the idea of "clear" was put forth. In DMSMH, a clear was said to be 4.0 on the tone scale, with no aberrations (held down sevens), no psychoses, neuroses, nor psychosomatic illnesses. The clear was said to have eidetic recall and highly enhanced perceptions and creativity. Although this chappie didn't have any OT powers, he was definitely quite a phenomenon!

It is also significant that the attributes of a clear, as described in DMSMH, were never actually attained, although in reading DMSMH, one might be led to believe that they were. When people started attesting to clear, the definition was watered down to the vague generality "at cause over mental MEST as regards the first dynamic". This definition can mean many different things to many different people. Anyone is at least somewhat causative over his own mind. So anyone can find an interpretation of this definition of "clear" that he can attest to. The states of "MEST Clear", "Theta Clear", "Cleared Theta Clear", "Clearing Course Clear", "Clear-OT", and, finally, "Dianetic Clear", and "Word Clear" were equally absolutistic when first stated, but when people started attesting to them, the definition of each, or the criterion for allowing a pc to attest to each, was similarly watered down. This sequence has been repeated over and over throughout the history of scientology.

LRH correctly stated that absolutes are unattainable. And the notion of "clear" is an absolute. It's like the notion of "clean" or "pure". When is water pure? When it has only one part per million of arsenic and rat poop? Nowhere in the universe is there water which is 100% pure. To obtain complete Clarity would require a complete as-isness of any universe the thetan was in and a return to complete native state. Everyone does have a reactive mind - his own reactive mind. That's why one flies ruds and goes E/S and gets off BPC on anyone regardless of their point on the grade chart. The mechanics of the reactive mind continue to exist all the way up.

"Clears" have always had trouble explaining why they still act reactively at times, or a lot of the time, and why they still have problems in life and in getting along with people. The amount of mileage you can get from the notion of a "cleared Cannibal" is very limited. Even a cleared cannibal, if he were really clear, would get along wonderfully in life, never manifest misemotion, and love all his fellow beings, even as he was having their bodies for dinner!

The idea of "harmonics of clear" is quite accurate. The main reason why LRH blew up at the idea of "harmonics of clear", as expressed in the HCOB I wrote, was, as he told me, that this idea tended to leave him open to the charge that the claims he had made in DMSMH and elsewhere concerning the "state of clear" were fraudulent.

The truth appears to be that there are various stages of release, at each one of which you are clear-er than you were. A person experiencing the glee of insanity is clear-er than someone who is just completely unconscious. It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were "clear" at a certain point, and that they therefore had no reactive mind. However this assertion is a lie, and a very destructive one, one that denies case gain to a great many people and provides a too-convenient rabbit button for pc's, auditors and C/S's who are having trouble with the pc's case. The claim that case and ethics problems can be caused by being clear was:

1. Absurd on the face of it.

2. A declaration of open rabbitting season.
Trying to define "clear" is difficult because it is being done over a lie. We either have to restore the meaning of clear to its original absolute meaning (which means that there aren't any clears in existence), or we have to say that what people have attested to as clear is actually only a state of release or reduction.

We can say that the purpose of auditing is to clear aberrations and that if all aberrations were cleared, a "state of clear" would be attained. The concept of "clear" is useful as an ultimate goal, like the goal of perfect happiness or of perfect anything. It is a direction in which to continue to progress. It is not an attainable state (at least given our present level of technology).

Another part of the problem is that the states of release and clear are only subjective. Asking an aberrated person to decide when he feels or thinks that he is no longer aberrated, is asking for a delusory "cognition" from the start. At one time [ca. 1959. Ed.], LRH postulated that the state of clear could be objectively proven by the presence of a "free or floating needle" and a TA position of 2.0 (Female) or 3.0 (Male). But this was an unverified guess that did not stand the test of time.

Perhaps what we have been calling "clear" is "no longer chronically affected by engrams" or "engrams no longer in chronic restimulation." As such, the state would be more accurately described as a state of release or as a state of reduction. In other words, it would mean that the majority of a person's aberrations had gone into abeyance.

Regardless of what the state is named, the recognition that a person can continue to be come clear-er, restores hope and makes progress possible again.
END QUOTE

Have not yet fully figured out how to format on this new MB.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Doing OT III I experienced a pervasive LSD presence in every session. An intimidating one. No matter how precisely I focused my attention, everywhere in the auditing space seemed to be filled. I never did get the source and I never ingested anything like it, and it didn't repair. I sometimes thought I would explode. (Like in The Matrix?). A few times I would feel like something was injected into my veins but trying to run it as a different cluster making incident wouldn't fly. I ran the level only til a flat point and did not notice a return of ARC from doing the level. It felt like I was connecting with synthetically generated entities, not living beings. Contact I might have made with the charge wasn't from an Inc II. I considered it maybe a contagion of sorts, like I'd never have come across anything to trigger THAT if I wasn't doing Scn. I got reads but they didn't bring change into my life..... except for stirring up INT.
I had a brief conversation with a guy, a non-Scientologist, who had been Quentin Hubbard's boyfriend. He said he'd read the upper levels and, as a former LSD user, was certain that OT3 was written under the influence of LSD; he thought it would be obvious to anyone who'd taken LSD. So you must be psychic.

He also thought the Phoenix Lectures were written under the influence of marijuana.

phenomanon

Canyon

pineapple

Also from Veda: I'm not sure why you'd assume there would have been be no comm between them. IIRC, at the time, Riverside had a branch Mission in Hawaii. They may very well have used the same Snr C/S.

I think you may be confusing the Hawaii Org with the Honolulu Mission.

To clarify: I was on staff at the "branch Mission" in Hawaii, aka the Mission of Honolulu, which had existed since at least 1970, probably since the late 60's. In late 1975, shortly after I joined staff, the mission was seized by the GO. I never knew why. I was a relative newbie and very intimidated by the whole thing. The former ED, who was also the C/S, was either booted out or blew, I don't know which. I've never heard of him again. It's possible he decided at that point that he'd had enough of scn. If so, good for him.

For a while we were in limbo, with a local OT/Cl VIII acting as temp ED on behalf of the GO. Then Bent Corydon acquired the Honolulu Mission. Until late in my time there, we had a succession of Riverside-imposed ED's, of whom Frank Walker was the longest-running.

The Honolulu Mission had historically enjoyed good relations with the Hawaii Org. In fact, the org was then located at 143 Nenue St., in what had once been the home of Norma Meier, the woman who founded the Honolulu Mission (so I was told; she died in 1974, before I arrived).

Riverside was very leery of the Hawaii Org, perhaps because they feared the org would interfere with their management of the Honolulu Mission. Fraternization with the Org and its staff was not encouraged. I spent a lot of time at the Org getting trained up to Class IV C/S, but in general the mission and its staff had little contact with the Org. The Org didn't know what was going on in Riverside and vice versa. This seemed to be the way Riverside wanted it.

I was sent to Riverside and did a couple short stints on staff there while Bent had both Missions. Some Honolulu Mission public also were sent there and ended up as Riverside staff. I was invited to stay there by Cathy Steiner, who was then Qual Sec :hmm:, but felt I "owed it to the group" to return to Hawaii.:duh: So "ethical" ... whatta dope.

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I had a brief conversation with a guy, a non-Scientologist, who had been Quentin Hubbard's boyfriend. He said he'd read the upper levels and, as a former LSD user, was certain that OT3 was written under the influence of LSD; he thought it would be obvious to anyone who'd taken LSD. So you must be psychic.

He also thought the Phoenix Lectures were written under the influence of marijuana.
I did think it 'trippy'.....like carnival mirrors distorting any real reality. It's the oddity that came up each time I honed in to intend a body location thru Inc II. I guess something projected it upon the entirety. Like those yard lights project onto the side of a house.

Thumbnail.ashx

Most of the people I knew on the level never considered they had thier own incident 2. Most did half as malazzos. It had to be a problem that adherents didn't think the materials were straight up the way presented. My consideration was I'd only been in this universe a hundred thousand yrs and had somehow come down with this disease; these phony clips playing only if I fed it live attention.

A few years prior to running the level I had a sensation of being monitored while on the HRD. This seemed a Darth Vader type presence hovering over my shoulder. I couldn't rationalize why the interest in me. I figured I must've been a problem to someone at sometime in the past, and could't remember my overt.

LOL. I just remembered something else as I write this. I'd gone to Flag for a Case Cracker RD in March of 82 and got myself a room on the 6th floor of the Fort Harrison. The feeling of being monitored intensified during this trip. I felt not one, but 3 bouncer type spiritual goons now. I was actually getting a little nervous, wishing the room wasn't 6 floors up with concrete below. I took my pillow and bedding to the tub and locked the bathroom door. LOL...like ghostly goons can throw you out a window but can't pick a lock. This phobia was strong only at that time and I'd not had it before that or since.

Last edited: