What's new

LRH Internet Rumor - Redemption of Scientology?

LivingOne

Patron
Just discovered this video while I was watching sea org horror stories on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atyl-Bm9wvI

It is titled "Redemption of Scientology - L. Ron Hubbard's Hidden Book" - interesting video, to say the least (and a weird coincidence to find it on his birthday :omg:)

"Scientology is supposed to be based on truth but the truth is what's missing. Not anymore! In the 1960's, L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book called "The Present." It was kept hidden until December 21, 2012, because he knew people could not understand the truth of life until this date. This book is the real, hidden theology for Scientology; it replaces the science fiction and BS with truth and fact."

After some investigation, I found this "rumor" is showing up in Google searches. I wonder if this has been brought to the attention of people within the org and what they think about it.

Does anyone else know if this is legit? I'm going to check out this "book," hopefully it's worthwhile...

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
This book is apparently hosted at
Code:
truthcontest.com
. The domain owner is using a privacy screen so unable to easily determine who owns the domain.

(wrapped in CODE so as not to include a live link to a site of unknown ownership and safety).

EDIT: The site is probably safe and likely not connected to the CoS.

Last edited:

SpecialFrog

I did a bit more checking. I really don't think this book has anything to do with Scientology.

The "rumour" only has a few sources on the web and they all use the same language about how they "keep hearing this rumour". Most likely all are associated with the site itself.

LivingOne

Patron
I did a bit more checking. I really don't think this book has anything to do with Scientology.

The "rumour" only has a few sources on the web and they all use the same language about how they "keep hearing this rumour". Most likely all are associated with the site itself.

I wonder why they are doing it? Maybe just to get some attention? Anyway, I'm really digging this "hidden book" so far, makes a lot of sense... there is no Scn lingo though, which makes me wonder why whoever started this "rumor" thinks people will buy into the story. :confused2:

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
"In the 1960's, L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book called 'The Present.' It was kept hidden until December 21, 2012, because he knew people could not understand the truth of life until this date."

LRH was secretly into the Mayan calendar thing 40 or 50 years before anyone else?

cool-story-bro-pl-ffffff-14

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just discovered this video while I was watching sea org horror stories on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atyl-Bm9wvI

It is titled "Redemption of Scientology - L. Ron Hubbard's Hidden Book" - interesting video, to say the least (and a weird coincidence to find it on his birthday :omg:)

"Scientology is supposed to be based on truth but the truth is what's missing. Not anymore! In the 1960's, L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book called "The Present." It was kept hidden until December 21, 2012, because he knew people could not understand the truth of life until this date. This book is the real, hidden theology for Scientology; it replaces the science fiction and BS with truth and fact."

After some investigation, I found this "rumor" is showing up in Google searches. I wonder if this has been brought to the attention of people within the org and what they think about it.

Does anyone else know if this is legit? I'm going to check out this "book," hopefully it's worthwhile...

I did not watch the video - is this a joke? Isn't that vid the TC vid that went viral a few years back - ya know, the only a scno can do anything . . . (yeah, right Tommy-boy:eyeroll:)

Anyway, if this is real, I am :roflmao: And it is a made up lie, forgery, as scno/co$ is in deep shit these days, with all insiders/outsiders, general populations, finding out about the real horrors of the truth and reality of their so-called religion, so someone (wonder who . . .:whistling:) made this shit up to EXPLAIN away the dissonace and bullshit, and con folks back into the fold.

OR is it all just a Lulz on scno/co$ 'cause it is lrh's freaking birthday - sort of like an April Fools, only on the 13th of March . . .?

Oh well, if nothing else :bump2: :biggrin:

SpecialFrog

I wonder why they are doing it? Maybe just to get some attention? Anyway, I'm really digging this "hidden book" so far, makes a lot of sense... there is no Scn lingo though, which makes me wonder why whoever started this "rumor" thinks people will buy into the story. :confused2:

I think they are just trying to get some attention to their loopy project. They probably also figure that people with a history of involvement in Scientology might be the "seeker" type. And have a history of willingness to donate money. :)

LivingOne

Patron
I've read the first 12 pages, and there actually are some concepts that explanations that are in line with the postulates of LRH. For example, one of the main ones:

from Scn org website: "Given the Scientology tenet that the body is mortal but the spirit is immortal... ...a reaffirmation of the knowledge that we are immortal spiritual beings."

from page 2 of "The Present" at www.truthcontest.com

"Immortality: "It is impossible to be conscious of being unconscious.”

It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious from your own perspective. You cannot be aware of not being aware. You can be less aware/conscious, such as when you are asleep, but not completely unconscious (dead), because time would stand still for you. A billion years could pass, and you would not know it.

How do you know you are dead? It is not possible to be aware of any gaps in life; it is continuous and never-ending from your own point of view.

Death and birth are a continuous event from your own perspective."

Last edited:
All will be revealed. Just do this basic course , and over time as you "learn'' and progress up , the Redemption will become clearer.

OK.Start!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is a scam, I am certain of it. Nothing in The Present is anything like Hubbard's writing. Read it for yourself and see but in the early 1970's, they didn't have the internet, yet the book mentions the internet :eyeroll:

Here are some facts nd links

truthcontest.com has been around since 2007 .

Xavier Moutoux. one of the owners, talks about the purpose of the site in this radio interview (12 min) - with Diamond Dave from KFIV 1360 -
I believe it is a few years old, before The Present was posted
http://www.truthcontest.com/media/tcinterview2.mp3

They have a Facebook page with nearly 27,000 Likes
https://www.facebook.com/TruthContest

This was posted last month
The Truth Contest · 26,821 like this
February 27 at 12:06am ·

Ever since "The Present" was first submitted to www.truthcontest.com, the author named "Michael Smith" has remained a mystery. Many people have asked who the author is, and we have been trying to figure it out for a long time. A few days ago, a comment came from the "Michael Smith" Facebook account on one of our posts that said this: "I heard that book was written by someone a long time ago who is dead now. He wrote it with instructions for it to be revealed on 12/21/2012 when the world would be ready to accept what it says. It was not written by me as many people think. I am a straw man. Those with ears that can hear the truth will hear and understand what I am saying."

Here is another interesting excerpt from the "Modern Prophets & Revelations" Insights section: "Writing this book is the most amazing thing I have ever done, because I watched it grow almost by itself. I write it, but it comes from outside my own mind, from the universal mind or Holy Spirit. The revelations are just passing through me and this book to reach you."

As the webmaster of The Truth Contest, I've been in contact with "Michael Smith" through email, and he has said repeatedly that he will never take credit or blame for what is said in these books, because they come from somewhere else.

With all this in mind, something intriguing has been happening lately. We've been receiving many anonymous letters that say "the author of The Present is L. Ron Hubbard, and that it is only a matter of time before Scientology discovers this fact." Some of the letters we receive also say that "Scientology can get the copyrights anytime they want them. Money is not the concern; saving the world is the top priority." I thought it was just some kind of spam, but these letters have been coming consistently from many different addresses and angles.

After looking into it, our team has found that there is a rumor going around the Internet that says: "L Ron Hubbard wrote something in the 1970s under the pen name 'Michael Smith' that was not to be released until December 21, 2012 (when the planets are in alignment) because the world would not be ready for what it contains until then. What it says is supposed to change everything. It is called The Present, and you can read it here for free: www.truthcontest.com. It makes a lot of sense, and is supposed to replace the theology of Xenu that was science fiction intended to help the organization of Scientology look more like a church and help with the tax-exempt status from the IRS. "The Present" is the real truth, the hidden theological foundation."

Could this be the answer to the mystery of who the author of "The Present" is? We will keep you posted if we discover anything else. If anyone knows more about this, please let us know.

- Xavier
https://www.facebook.com/TruthContest/posts/10151575219955499

Facebook:
Michael Smith
people who have read the book and are ready for the next step write me at [email protected]
March 2 at 12:24pm · Like · 2

"The Present"

TABLE OF CONTENTS

These sections must be read in order to make sense.

The Ultimate Truth (1-12) Heaven on Earth (52-58) Seeking and Knowing (77-80)
Big Picture (Present) (13-26) The Beatles (59-68) Balanced Universe (81-89)
Big Picture (Past-Future) (27-37) The Nature of Nothing (69-72) The Real Story (90-96)
Conscious Evolution (38-51) Living and Dying (73-76) Transition (97-101)
Chapter 1 Universal Truth Page 12
[..] Repetition: It is better to read this book over and over than to read other books that are not as accurate and complete. Reading other books just sidetracks people from the best path. You should also copy this book to your hard drive from time to time, just in case the forces of deception remove it from the Internet."
http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/

There was no internet at the time Hubbard supposedly wrote this book.

Last paragraph and notes from the book:

The greatest present: For the first time in history, the first time in our 700 million years on this planet, we can know life, know what we are, where we come from, and where we are going. We have to take advantage of this brief opportunity. It has been a long time coming and will be a long time gone. The book you just read has given you the power to change our present course to one that leads to a place without pain, fear or suffering, a place some western religions call heaven.

Reading about the truth does not mean you know the truth.
You have to learn it, then earn it.

LIFE KNOWING LIFE, LEARN IT & EARN IT.

For the next step, write me at: [email protected]
http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/transition.html

:eyeroll:

Anonycat

Crusader
I've read the first 12 pages, and there actually are some concepts that explanations that are in line with the postulates of LRH. For example, one of the main ones:

from Scn org website: "Given the Scientology tenet that the body is mortal but the spirit is immortal... ...a reaffirmation of the knowledge that we are immortal spiritual beings."

from page 2 of "The Present" at www.truthcontest.com

"Immortality: "It is impossible to be conscious of being unconscious.”

It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious from your own perspective. You cannot be aware of not being aware. You can be less aware/conscious, such as when you are asleep, but not completely unconscious (dead), because time would stand still for you. A billion years could pass, and you would not know it.

How do you know you are dead? It is not possible to be aware of any gaps in life; it is continuous and never-ending from your own point of view.

Death and birth are a continuous event from your own perspective."

This nonsense is somewhat like Hubbard, in that something completely made-up is trying to sound factual. "It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious." Wow, so when you're unconscious, it's as if you aren't even conscious. That's a fantastic.

"You cannot be aware of being aware." I think things like lucid dreaming are just that - becoming aware that you're dreaming - and until that moment, unaware.

"... but not completely unconscious (dead) because time would stand still for you." Yes, because you're dead. Time would not actually 'stand still', it would no longer apply to your corpse in any meaningful way, to the person previously alive.

MissWog

Oh goodie! The trolls are back :thankyou: And this time they brought us spam!
A simple search for this bullshit website in ESMB will show the other postings about this wanna be cult..

People who read this board have knack for remembering..you guys are pretty stupid for thinking we can't tell by posting habits who has just changed their name and come back for more trolling.

Id post more about these liars but I'm on my iPad and on vacation in Paris taking a rest before dinner..if you are still trolling when I get home next week maybe I'll play some more.

SpecialFrog

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the "rumours" all over the internet are poorly done astroturfing. Didn't realized they'd been trying it before here.

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh goodie! The trolls are back :thankyou: And this time they brought us spam!
A simple search for this bullshit website in ESMB will show the other postings about this wanna be cult..

People who read this board have knack for remembering..you guys are pretty stupid for thinking we can't tell by posting habits who has just changed their name and come back for more trolling.

Id post more about these liars but I'm on my iPad and on vacation in Paris taking a rest before dinner..if you are still trolling when I get home next week maybe I'll play some more.

Be sure to tell the French that Texas is bigger than France. They just LOVE that!! They think it's such a hoot. You'll be a hit. :yes:

SpecialFrog

The YouTube video is gone:

This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams and commercially deceptive content.

That seems like it would apply to most real Scientology videos, though. :)