What's new

LRH Letter to the FBI - 1951

Div6

Crusader
From
http://www.xenu.net/archive/FBI/fbi-110.html

"I only know these things - while I let them, unsuspected, cluster around me, these people stopped dianetics in its tracks. With them gone we can run an organization. But once ejected they began, evidently, through Sara, these remarkable attacks. I believe this woman to be under heavy duress. She was born into a criminal atmosphere, her father having a criminal record. Her half sister was an inmate of an insane asylum. She was part of a free love colony in Pasadena. She had attached herself to a Jack Parsons, the rocket expert, during the war and when she left him he was a wreck. Further, through Parsons, she was strangely intimate with many scientists of Los Alamos Gordos. I did not know or realize these things until I myself investigated the matter. She may have a record."

This is quite an insight. LRH was in quite a games condition, it seems.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
From

"I only know these things - while I let them, unsuspected, cluster around me, these people stopped dianetics in its tracks. With them gone we can run an organization. But once ejected they began, evidently, through Sara, these remarkable attacks. I believe this woman to be under heavy duress. She was born into a criminal atmosphere, her father having a criminal record. Her half sister was an inmate of an insane asylum. She was part of a free love colony in Pasadena. She had attached herself to a Jack Parsons, the rocket expert, during the war and when she left him he was a wreck. Further, through Parsons, she was strangely intimate with many scientists of Los Alamos Gordos. I did not know or realize these things until I myself investigated the matter. She may have a record."

He was just being a good American.

After all, he was in Intelligence during the war, and was sent to break up many spy rings after the war.

That's why he is reporting his wife to the FBI.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Holy Moses. All of Hubbard's using methodogy comes out in the letter. Notice what he skips over lightly:

"some mixup about a divorce"

Whose divorce? His? Hers?
Were he and Sara Elizabeth Northrup divorced? How could he NOT know it? But she was afterward his "common law" wife. So were they both single at that point, having been divorced, or was their marriage illegal because one or the other was still married? In fact did Hubbard commit bigamy and gloss over it by saying there was "some mixup"? That sounds plausible to me.

"In August of that year I had reason to believe my wife was unfaithful and went to California. I was afraid of publicity and did nothing about this."

What publicity? They WEREN"T MARRIED. Hubbard does not mention that she knew that. Did she? The publicity problem would be his bigamous marriage to a woman who may well not have even known they were not legally married, but would sure find out in short order and then, look out.

"In early October my alleged wife, who a few months later would be claiming we were not married, caused me to make out a will to her via attorney Milt Davis of Los Angeles, leaving her shares in the copyrights and Foundations."

They were not legally married in fact. Alleged? A clever use of criminal word association since HE was the one calling her his wife, to the point of making out a will in her favor. California is and was a community property state so did he agree to the will to placate her because she found out they were not married? Or because if he balked at signing it she would start wondering? Who brought up the idea of the will? Either way if he knew she was unfaithful and they were not married, why was he signing a will in her favor?

Most of the rest of it is an astounding blanket condemnation of all of his "enemies" as Communists. Note this is written in 1951 at the height of the red scare, McCarthy, Civil Defense canisters in schools, etc.
Yet he states: "As a one-time officer of ONI[?]I I try not to see Indians behind every bush." My god, according to him there were more Indians around Hubbard than Custer! The writer of this letter is a manipulator with little regard for truth where it applies to him, and who uses the slimiest means of smear tactics. Jesus, and I believed his BS!

Div6

Crusader
ONI = Office of Naval Intelligence

Yeah...ol Ron just comes shining through....a college dropout, a failed naval officer....an ex whole track psych...ultimately dramatizing his full blown ser fac and multitudes of wrong items.

Taken from supplemental lecture 9
SOP 5 LONG FORM STEP V - ADDITIONAL TECHNIQUES
Philadelphia Doctorate Course
23 January 1953

...Because you see, the fellow who yells loudest in
the crowd is of course asserting the fact that he above all is
not guilty of this, because he is being very reprimanding on the
subject. So watch that fellow who yells loudest in the crowd on
such a thing as kidnaping, such a thing as hanging, and so forth.
You could take him off quietly and you would process him, because
you'd find that incident right there on whatever he's protesting
against with a screaming fit. This tells you that sometime on the
track I must have been a psychiatrist, doesn't it? Well, that's
right. I was...

...All these lectures have two factors. One is my opinion and the
other is the technique. Don't confuse the two. I've given you
just then an opinion.
You needn't even vaguely confuse me or my personality with
Scientology. It doesn't work because I say it's so. It works
because it works. Freudian psychoanalysis works because Freud
said so. That's the essential difference. It doesn't mean that
just because I have opinions you don't agree with, this makes me
a bum, by the way. But neither does it validate or invalidate
this material...

Veda

Sponsor
ONI = Office of Naval Intelligence

Yeah...ol Ron just comes shining through....a college dropout, a failed naval officer....an ex whole track psych...ultimately dramatizing his full blown ser fac and multitudes of wrong items.

Taken from supplemental lecture 9
SOP 5 LONG FORM STEP V - ADDITIONAL TECHNIQUES
Philadelphia Doctorate Course
23 January 1953

...Because you see, the fellow who yells loudest in
the crowd is of course asserting the fact that he above all is
not guilty of this, because he is being very reprimanding on the
subject. So watch that fellow who yells loudest in the crowd on
such a thing as kidnaping, such a thing as hanging, and so forth.
You could take him off quietly and you would process him, because
you'd find that incident right there on whatever he's protesting
against with a screaming fit. This tells you that sometime on the
track I must have been a psychiatrist, doesn't it? Well, that's
right. I was...

...All these lectures have two factors. One is my opinion and the
other is the technique. Don't confuse the two. I've given you
just then an opinion.
You needn't even vaguely confuse me or my personality with
Scientology. It doesn't work because I say it's so. It works
because it works. Freudian psychoanalysis works because Freud
said so. That's the essential difference. It doesn't mean that
just because I have opinions you don't agree with, this makes me
a bum, by the way. But neither does it validate or invalidate
this material...

"It works because it works!" blah blah blah. "And that's a factual fact not an opinion"!

I like the way you try you salvage this lunacy with some PR blather re. "The tech works!"

Everyone stare at the giant Tech Totem and chant, "Tech, Tech, Tech, Tech, Tech"!

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
From

Quite an insight? He was fucking her. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know it would ruin Jack to fuck his girlfriend, and very surprising that he thought she might not be fucking all the other guys around. Now he's trying to hang her, probably because she's no longer fucking him.

Every guy loves the free-love chick, until she's free with people other than him.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I hate snitches. I hate snitches. I hate snitches.

Gawd, and they are of the worst kind in the SO and in Scn. On your best friends, on anyone. Gawd. It grosses me out.

I hate snitches. What wimps.

I could get graphic and gross about it, but I wont.

I cant stand snitches. I hate them.

What a wimpy life. What wimps. Pencils. Wimps. :confused2:

Tanstaafl

Crusader

Gawd, and they are of the worst kind in the SO and in Scn. On your best friends, on anyone. Gawd. It grosses me out.

So how exactly do you feel about snitches then Bea? :confused2:

Takin Time

Patron with Honors

I find it fascinating that he was asking the FBI for action, not just "filing his report". LRH's own policy on the matter is to file the report (Ethics reports) and not do action unless the MAA or E/O deems it in the best interests of the organization or individual.

How many reports did YOU write to ethics on someone... and nothing got done... ever?

Also, he's asking the FBI to investigate him and his connections, which contradicts his later accusations that the FBI were after him. He's loony, he causes trouble, why not investigate HIM?

The entire letter reads like that old problem with siblings. The smaller/younger kid badgers the older kid until the older one punches him. Then the smaller one runs crying to Mommy telling her about how awful their bigger sibling was, and Mommy punishes the older one while the smaller one looks on with an evil grin... happy with the results of their tattling.

LRH was one big baby!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I find it fascinating that he was asking the FBI for action, not just "filing his report". LRH's own policy on the matter is to file the report (Ethics reports) and not do action unless the MAA or E/O deems it in the best interests of the organization or individual.

How many reports did YOU write to ethics on someone... and nothing got done... ever?

Also, he's asking the FBI to investigate him and his connections, which contradicts his later accusations that the FBI were after him. He's loony, he causes trouble, why not investigate HIM?

The entire letter reads like that old problem with siblings. The smaller/younger kid badgers the older kid until the older one punches him. Then the smaller one runs crying to Mommy telling her about how awful their bigger sibling was, and Mommy punishes the older one while the smaller one looks on with an evil grin... happy with the results of their tattling.

LRH was one big baby!

And a snitch to boot!!!

Veda

Sponsor

LRH was one big baby!

In one letter (around 1955), he's trying to convince the FBI to convince the IRS not to look into his slippery accounting practices, by convincing the FBI that the Russians have offered him Pavlov's old laboratory, with plenty of money, etc., "to go to Russia," etc., and that, if not treated properly, well... (!)

Hubbard was trying to "play" the FBI, just as he later taught his operatives to do with the "SPs," "DBs," "wogs," and "Homo Saps."

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Notice in the letter to the Authorities he refers respectfully to Parsons as a rocker expert.

Later, he says the government sent him to investigate Parsons and that is what he was doing in Pasadena.

He refers to Parson's home as a "free love" colony here but later in a science fiction mag attributes the birth of Dianetics to the "cults in L.A.".

In S.O.S. he implied Parsons was 1.1 when he puts "free love" attitudes under the 1.1 column.

But while he was a guest in Parson's home and presenting himself as Parson's best friend, he seduced Parson's lover and scammed Parson's out of thousands of dollars.

We know he had the ability view life from different angles.

We know he had problems and he tried to solve them.

An FN is still an FN. All of the above does not discount the valid research he did with psycometry, which was made popluar by Claude Bristol in the 1940's.

Would you like it if you went to work and found someone had dug up your emails and was passing them around in the workplace and taunting you about it?

Do your emails define you in the workplace?

Do your personal issues mean you are not competent or your work is not of value?

So much attention is put on the personal lives of these men.

Much more than they themselves did.

Are they really to be defined by their domestic habits here?

Hubbard wrote volumes of books against the backdrop of this one page letter to someone to solve a domestic problem.

Although I think it is very funny, personally, he was in such a miff about his wife.

Maybe he should have stuck to the "freelove".

But noooooooo, he wanted to own her!

:hysterical:

T.I.

From

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
An FN is still an FN. All of the above does not discount the valid research he (Hubbard) did with psycometry...
Well, -IF- he indeed did any valid research? - And even if he did.. I wouldn't buy a used car from that man.. And I wouldn't let him tell me what 'reality' is either.
Would you like it if you went to work and found someone had dug up your emails and was passing them around in the workplace and taunting you about it?
No, I wouldn't.. But Hubbard hisself taught us to do just this didn't he? - The 'tech' about investigating and digging up dirt.. Or indeed make up some if you can't dig it up. All in the 'Battle Tactics' and 'Fair Game' PL's. Rooting out SP's..

He has it coming!

This little bit of incriminating info on Hubbard does not stand alone. There is a LOT of this kind of shit. When all that is understood, one can discern the evil intentions in all his work.

:)

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors

Especially paranoid psychotic snitches.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
He was just being a good American.

After all, he was in Intelligence during the war, and was sent to break up many spy rings after the war.

That's why he is reporting his wife to the FBI.

He was simply fucking nuts - right out of the gate he was a very very disturbed individual.

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
Hubbard hisself taught us to do just this didn't he? - The 'tech' about investigating and digging up dirt.. Or indeed make up some if you can't dig it up. All in the 'Battle Tactics' and 'Fair Game' PL's. Rooting out SP's.

Hey! Wouldn't it be real cool if all those "ethics reports" that the CofSers think are confidential --- you know the kind, Sally did such-and-such and you need to "handle" her right now!!! --- would eventually become public record accessible through a sort of Freedom of Information Act?

Ha ha. The laugh's on LRH. He thought his "report" to the FBI & AG DOJ was confidential. Then later the CofS takes credit for getting the Freedom of Information Act going, someone uses the FIA and viola... LRH's old "reports" (showing him playing two sides against the middle... aka contradicting himself and his "policies") start showing up to bite him in the butt.

Ha ha ha ha ha :roflmao: