What's new

LRH Not an ordinary Being

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
My conclusions at the end of this were..

Hi Hat; I wonder if you've ever read C. S. Lewis' 'That Hideous Strength' or might. I'd be interested in your take on any similarities, disregarding for the moment the general christian framework Lewis uses.

I've often been struck by parallels in that book to Scientology.

Zinj

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Thanks for that, Hatsheput. I can relate to that, myself. It helped me to look at shiny things in life for a while after that. I don't feel I'm vulnerable to it, any more, and it was a one-off, with me. Yours sounded quite protracted. Does this persist in PT at all?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
response to Zinj

Hi Hat; I wonder if you've ever read C. S. Lewis' 'That Hideous Strength' or might. I'd be interested in your take on any similarities, disregarding for the moment the general christian framework Lewis uses.

I've often been struck by parallels in that book to Scientology.

Zinj

Hey Zinj, I have not read That Hideous Strength. I picked it up in the bookstore about 7 months ago though. I thumbed through the series of three in The Space Trilogy. I think they should be read in order. Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandra, then That Hideous Strength.
I have always been an exasperatingly slow reader. I like pictures as is obvious from most of my posts. However I got a link to Lewis on a site Reading Out Loud.. The professor who does C.S. Lewis is brilliant. I happen to love Lewis' Christian viewpoint. I much enjoyed his portrayal of the lion dying and then resurrecting in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
In listening to the C.S. Lewis biography ( that which I could) I've learned what a genius he was. Its like discovering Francis Bacon for the first time or something...there's quite some depth. We have had some brilliant stars on this planet.
I think his writings do bring to mind some of the things in Scientology. But that is because Hubbard had a sort of off planet viewpoint. He, according to himself, came from 'out there' to here. A lot of what inspired him in the 50s and 60s seems to indicate he was still playing 'space' games. But hell, I resemble that remark. :D

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
response to uniquemand

Thanks for that, Hatsheput. I can relate to that, myself. It helped me to look at shiny things in life for a while after that. I don't feel I'm vulnerable to it, any more, and it was a one-off, with me. Yours sounded quite protracted. Does this persist in PT at all?

Nope. It does not bother me in present time uniquemand. I took a dive like a gopher into a hole. I submerged. I completely buried myself in substitue 'selves'. However, things like that end up in "the bull pen". Its like seeing your first UFO as kid. You don't really want to talk about it after a while. But you never forget what you experienced. I have never had a more poignant or powerful confirmation that I am indeed immortal. :D Death would've been an insufficient offering. I was the threat.

I think, or rather fancy, that if I could've 'grokked' the situation I would have a greater insight as to why we don't remember past lives. There is a transition from leaving one system of things and going into another. There is a transition point. The overwhelm is so anihilative to the BEING that it starts the ball rolling....for living as substitue selves. Being YOU has become untenable. I won't get into how I was made untenable to myself. My blocking my memory of it was actually my only salvation. I pulled that cork once. I won't do it again. I've no safe solutions.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Hey Zinj, I have not read That Hideous Strength. I picked it up in the bookstore about 7 months ago though. I thumbed through the series of three in The Space Trilogy. I think they should be read in order. Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandra, then That Hideous Strength.
I have always been an exasperatingly slow reader. I like pictures as is obvious from most of my posts. However I got a link to Lewis on a site Reading Out Loud.. The professor who does C.S. Lewis is brilliant. I happen to love Lewis' Christian viewpoint. I much enjoyed his portrayal of the lion dying and then resurrecting in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
In listening to the C.S. Lewis biography ( that which I could) I've learned what a genius he was. Its like discovering Francis Bacon for the first time or something...there's quite some depth. We have had some brilliant stars on this planet.
I think his writings do bring to mind some of the things in Scientology. But that is because Hubbard had a sort of off planet viewpoint. He, according to himself, came from 'out there' to here. A lot of what inspired him in the 50s and 60s seems to indicate he was still playing 'space' games. But hell, I resemble that remark. :D

Personally, I think they all work well as stand-alones and, they are all very different. I read Hideous first and it worked that way for me. It's much more 'realistic' than the others. Out of the Silent Planet never did much for me, but Perelandra is very good, in an alegorical/theological way.

Hideous though is more like 1984 and it's amazing how similar some 'tech' is that's used by the baddies who are 'clearing the planet'.

Zinj