LRH secret WO II record

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Getting back to the idiots from marty's blog where Haydn the hayseed posted:

haydn // April 17, 2010 at 12:24 am

Will,

I’d like to throw in my two cents worth.

Though, like Marty, I find it hard to get into a general discussion on the subject of claims regarding LRH’s past, I have an intesting story to impart.

Back in the mid 1980s I worked with Marty in the Church’s legal department and I was handling a case which dealt in part with LRH’s credentials. Specifically parts of his WWII war record, how he commanded a sub chaser, was a fantastic leader of men, fought Japanese subs off the West Coast of ther USA, was injured but recovered and other similar points.

I knew of such claims about LRH’s past and like a good Scientologist just assumed they were true, but the sheer amount and weight of vicious ridicule that was thrown at these claims by slick lawyers during the heat of courtroom battle even had me reeling and wondering about them and it had church researchers scouring the country for any war timewitnesses.

The trial did not go well, it seems it is much easier to tear a man’s reputation down than it is to build it up.

Then one day, a little too late in the trial to help with the outcome, an old gentleman arrived. Despite his 70 plus years he’d travelled many a mile and I got to spend some time with this gentlemen and questioned him at great length.

He wasn’t a Scientologist, not sure he’d ever heard of it. He hadn’t seen L Ron Hubbard for around forty years but heard that people were casting aspersions at his old friend so came a running.

]He was L Ron Hubbard’s Chief Officer from the “fictitious” sub chaser and relayed to me in detail how he had spent many hours, around 26 hours straight if memory serves me right, with Hubbard aboard that sub chaser fighting a number of Japanese subs threatening the west Coast of the USA, sinking at least one of them, and how the senior naval authorities poured cold water on and suppressed the reports of the incidents for their own reasons. He told me how he had stood beside Hubbard in the latrine and couldn’t help noticing that his commanding officer was pissing copious amounts of blood due to his injuries; told me that Hubbard was by far the greatest naval officer he’d ever served under, that he could turn a rabble into a well drilled crew and did, and that to this day he would walk through hell for the man.

Regardess of the truth of specific claims regarding Ron Hubbard, I was left with an abiding thought, what quality and stature of a man has friends who, forty years on, drop everything to come and help defend them?

There is no dispute from our intrepid haydn and marty researchers that the incident with the sub chaser took place. So, Secret File or no Secret File they agree with the Navy's record.

but it would appear that they actually didn't do any research! No investigation of the Japanese Imperial Navy records which are available. No verification of the movements of Japanese submarine units.

Nuttin'

Now it is, of course, no earthly surprise that a scientologist cannot do research but what this tells us is that these prats learned nothing.

They continue to spout tripe and fawn over their little stories and never seem to be able to distinguish between speculation and fact, between research and just 'reading".

And these twits are going to "handle" DM?

:eyeroll:

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
order now

What! Only a measley 100K? Why you tight - fisted.................. No, sorry, that qualifies you for a limited edition of the LRH odorless bath soap and flannel, at the special price of 101K. Don't delay!

If I order now, can I get the bathmat to go with the LRH flannel and soap?:p

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Getting back to the idiots from marty's blog where Haydn the hayseed posted:

There is no dispute from our intrepid haydn and marty researchers that the incident with the sub chaser took place. So, Secret File or no Secret File they agree with the Navy's record.

but it would appear that they actually didn't do any research! No investigation of the Japanese Imperial Navy records which are available. No verification of the movements of Japanese submarine units.

Nuttin'

Now it is, of course, no earthly surprise that a scientologist cannot do research but what this tells us is that these prats learned nothing.

They continue to spout tripe and fawn over their little stories and never seem to be able to distinguish between speculation and fact, between research and just 'reading".

And these twits are going to "handle" DM?

:eyeroll:

As questionable as the rest of the story is, what I find humorous is *this* quote:

"He was L Ron Hubbard’s Chief Officer from the “fictitious” sub chaser and relayed to me in detail how he had spent many hours, around 26 hours straight if memory serves me right, with Hubbard aboard that sub chaser."

Now, admittedly, 26 Hours of Straight Ron might be a bit much, but, for a 'Chief Officer' (not sure what 'hat' that's supposed to be) who would have been living with the Hubbster aboard the dingy in question, it seems a little light...

A whole Day??? Ummm.

Zinj

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can I keep ya company bein' stupid?

I am not a Vet. My father didn’t serve in WW II—he was blind in one eye and color blind in the other.

I had 3 Uncles in WW II—one was in combat. He was a tank commander in the 3rd Army. Twice he was the sole survivor when his tank was hit by a shell. He had scars on his chest, stomach and legs I never saw…only heard about. He had horrible nightmares until the day he died.

One of my closest childhood friend’s father was a Marine combat vet. He had deep scars on his face, neck, arms and a shattered leg from combat in Okinawa.

I had a 7th grade teacher that had scars on his face from combat at Inchon. When one of my classmates asked where he got the scars he sighed, cast his eyes downward and said, “Let’s just say I had an argument with a friend and I pray you never have to have one. That’s all you need to know.”

They all had “the look”—you knew not to ask them to tell you a “war story”.

I knew El Ron, personally. He did not have “the look”. In my naiveté I concluded he had “run it out” and, after all, he was El Ron. In my blind faith I thought El Ron “dealt with it” better than these three brave and good men.

Stupid...I'm so, so stupid.

This thread deserves a "bump". :yes:

My dad was 4F because of a messed up back - but his twin, my wonderful "Uncle Cleve" went on the 2nd wave at Omaha Beach. He got shot up some, but came home and never said anything about it.

He had "the look" you speak of too.

I was guilty of the same naivete. :duh:

Mike Horton, aka EP

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Keepin' Company Bein' Stupid

This thread deserves a "bump". :yes:

My dad was 4F because of a messed up back - but his twin, my wonderful "Uncle Cleve" went on the 2nd wave at Omaha Beach. He got shot up some, but came home and never said anything about it.

He had "the look" you speak of too.

I was guilty of the same naivete. :duh:

Mike Horton, aka EP

You betcha, EP...regardless what anyone else says aboutcha, youz good company.:coolwink:

Face:)

Veda

Sponsor
To review - Some Scientology 'think' (from an earler post on this thread)...

Following Haydn, on Marty's blog, comes 'Thoughtful':

"Scientologists respect LRH because his developments and discoveries in Scientology work. [Really? To what end?] We don't care about anything else. [Keep your eyes on that 'closely taped path.' Don't get too close. The tape is sticky in both sides.] LRH was not perfect [Straw man argument, who said LRH was 'perfect'?], he was just a man. He always made that clear. [Really? He told Scientologists that he was the Maitreya, the re-incarnated Buddha, a Clear and OT, who could exteriorize with full perception, and knew 'with certainty' who he 'was and where [he] was in the last 80 trillion years.'] The fact that an imperfect man, an imperfect man as the rest of us [Homo Novis, Clear, pre-OT and OT Scientologists, in contrast to wog homo sap humanoid non-Scientologists] can create something as great as auditing and training, Wow! That's the greatest accomplishment in history." [Why? States above 'man' were promised: homo novis, Clear and OT; and this justified the covert application of the ideas and methods of this nasty little booklet http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg on Scientologists, and the application of the insane 'attack!' and 'covert attack' - ie. Fair Game - 'philosophy' on 'critics' and dissidents. All based on, and justified by, the promise of superhuman states and abilities.

And in the end, Scientologists are just 'humanoids'? [Or perhaps slightly worse off than 'humanoids'?] That sounds like a failure - unless, LRH had a hidden agenda, a secret 'real goal,' one that had little to do with his publicized promises, and much to do with his self-aggrandizing objective of building monuments to himself and establishing his own fan(atic) club, a fan(atic) club that identified him, his name and 'image,' and his words with their own survival and well being, and the survival and well being of Mankind.

Now, in a perverse way, that's an accomplishment, and that deserves a "Wow!"

And re. the supposed "2nd war record" that confirms Hubbard's many tall tales, let's see it.

Here's an amusing account by L. Ron Hubbard regarding his practically single handedly saving the Australians from Japanese invasion.

In an 'Executive Letter' of 6 October 1965, Hubbard explained:

"In 1942, as a senior US Naval officer in Northern Australia by fluke of fate, I helped save them from the Japanese."

In the account told to Moulton, Hubbard had described how he had been fighting on the Japanese occupied island of Java, only to have been shot in the back by Japanese machine gun bullets. Somehow, eventually, he, and a few others, made it to Australia on a raft.

To Scientologists, Hubbard wrote, in a 17 February 1969 'Information Letter':

"Remember I know Anzo. I once had a big share in saving its bacon from Japan. Note please that a small Jap force could have taken the lot and didn't. A handful of us, months before the coming of US troops, worked like mad to balk the Japs and change their minds. So I know exactly how real the threat is [from what Hubbard called the 'Asiatic hordes' to the north]..."

Did L. Ron Hubbard really save the Australians from Japanese invasion? If so, isn't it about time that the Australians showed a little gratitude, and said, "Thank you Dr. Hubbard."

This video features author Russell Miller, and examines Hubbard's war record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYok3fqGcl8