What's new

LRH secret WO II record

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK.
Your quote above includes this, which apparently infers there were no Japanese subs off Oregon during the war. At least it gives that impression:

"Indeed, there was no good reason why any Japanese submarines would have been in the Oregon area at the time. The US coast was near to the limits of their range and would have necessitated a long and extremely hazardous journey. When Hubbard fought his "battle" in May 1943, the Japanese Navy's main attention was on the battle for the Aleutians. Occupied by Japanese forces at the start of the war, the Aleutian islands of Attu and Kiska - administratively part of Alaska - were the only part of the United States to be have been occupied by the enemy. The Japanese submarine force was ordered to perform mogura or supply operations. It was a costly task, with three Japanese submarines destroyed in only two weeks. Ironically, one of these losses, the I.9, achieved the dubious distinction of being the only confirmed Japanese casualty of a PC-class subchaser - the PC-487, on June 6, 1943. One can imagine Hubbard's chagrin at hearing this news only a week after the conclusion of his own non-battle."

This seems to be an opinion not to be consistent with the Wikipedia article excerpt below::

See also: Bombardment of Fort Stevens

In what became the only attack on a mainland American military installation during World War II, the Japanese submarine I-25, under the command of Tagami Meiji,[3] surfaced near the mouth of the Columbia River, Oregon on the night of June 21 and June 22, 1942, and fired shells toward Fort Stevens. The only damage officially recorded was to a baseball field's backstop. Probably the most significant damage was a shell that damaged some large phone cables. The Fort Stevens gunners were refused permission to return fire, since it would have helped the Japanese locate their target more accurately. American aircraft on training flights spotted the submarine, which was subsequently attacked by a US bomber, but it escaped.

Well I guess when one compares the time in May to the time in June and looks at the two disctinct and seperate points in times from the vast viewpoint from eternity, the two distinct points in time do appear to be one small spot of time, so then "at the time" could then be considered to mean either of the two distinct points in time, maybe even both.

Must have something to do with that inifnite valued logic that Hubbard was trying to dishpan out such that acceptable truths could then be considered to be true enough.

Or is it that truth as the exact consideration of time, place, form and event is only applied when people have to sit and write up O/Ws?

Rd00

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Dear alanzo,

it is all the stenographers fault!!

And you jsut better rememebr this ol' buddy ol' pal...

Hubbard was indeed crippled and blinded and there he was wlaking along the road and he saw the big boots in the sky, which is pretty damn good considering he could walk when he was crippled and he could see when he was blind. Not many crippled and blind can do that. As a matter of fact it is on record that Hubbard is the only blind and crippled person ever in existence who could se and wlk while being blind and crippled...

Anyway he sayw the big boots in the sky and he had to go put them on and then he pulled himelsf up by the bootstraps.

Whatta buncha crock, eh?

Rd00

That is what a functioning computer does every time you turn it on, hence the term "booting the computer".

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
I've been the fool of fools, duped beyond embarrassment! f**k me!!! That ASSHOLE!!! That CREEP! That fucking con artist! LIAR! LIAR! FUCK!!

Phew!... still some anger and resentment there!
That fucking ugly goofy asshole!

I'm gonna stop now...

Whew - - :dieslaughing: couldn't have said it better.

In the beginning the cripple/blind thing was a definate hook for me. All those lovely Bio booklets kept the crap flying in true Hollywood style. I just kept eating it all up.

Sorry I couldn't seem to reach the Book One Auditor skill level needed. Oops our Org just didn't seem to be able to get to Saint Hill Size, ooooh crap can't get to OT fast enough. Man what a pitch.

In the midst he was an able researcher; he gathered up plenty of workable stuff from others and added a dollop of Ron's Way and threw in some disparaging I'm better than you banter and PR'd himself to heaven.

And yeah what you said :thumbsup:

Last edited:

fortymarriedandbalding

Patron with Honors
He was L Ron Hubbard’s Chief Officer from the “fictitious” sub chaser and relayed to me in detail how he had spent many hours, around 26 hours straight if memory serves me right, with Hubbard aboard that sub chaser fighting a number of Japanese subs threatening the west Coast of the USA, sinking at least one of them, and how the senior naval authorities poured cold water on and suppressed the reports of the incidents for their own reasons. He told me how he had stood beside Hubbard in the latrine and couldn’t help noticing that his commanding officer was pissing copious amounts of blood due to his injuries; told me that Hubbard was by far the greatest naval officer he’d ever served under, that he could turn a rabble into a well drilled crew and did, and that to this day he would walk through hell for the man.

I have not read Hubbard’s entire 100 page report but have read many excerpts about the evidence Hubbard gave to support there having been submarines in the area. I have never read anything about his vessel taking hits. Would this not be his first and strongest argument to support enemy subs? If the vessel took no hits, how did Hubbard get injured? There were three reports of injuries resulting from this incident, all due to errors made due to fatigue. Of course, as a commanding officer, Hubbard’s involvement would not have been in a manner that would have lead to this type of injury?

But one day I came in and Andy was just was astonished because that day he had finally found a second war record for LRH. For years Andy had been trying to make sense of what had happened since what LRH said he did, did not match his “war records.” The second record, which had been classified, did match.

Where did second record come from? If secret, Hubbard himself would not have given him a copy.

If a freedom of information request gives a false war record, then his real record is classified and Hubbard's making his details public would constitute a serious crime against the United States of America.

Scientologists respect LRH because his developments and discoveries in Scientology work. We don’t care about anything else. LRH was not perfect, he was just a man. He always made that clear. The fact that an imperfect man, as imperfect as the rest of us, can create something as great as auditing and training, Wow! THAT in my book is the greatest accomplishment in history.

I can not think of any “wog” organisation that would allow DM to do what he has done. The fact that those in when Hubbard was still alive would stand back and let this happen shows that the unadulterated Hubbard tech made them less capable than the average “wog”. Scientology only works in that it was designed to entrap its adherents and make them susceptible to the type of manipulations that DM is guilty of. And DM is simply following LHR’s lead on this.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
After being hatted in the Danny Sherman School of COB speech writing, I took the initiative to write the Official Secret WWII History of L. Ron Hubbard over at Clambake in 2009. Mine is a grand unifying field theory that shows the awesomeness of Hubbard in WWII and how he basically saved the world. Prouty never realized just how deeply sheep-dipped Hubbard been. Here we go then:

When Adolph Hitler first learned of L. Ron Hubbard in 1932, the future Nazi leader was shocked at the threat Hubbard posed to German Psychiatry and to greater Germany itself. Consider the sweeping extent of Hubbard's genius in 1932:

* Hubbard had a Ph.D. in nuclear physics.
* Hubbard had an extensive knowledge of Freudian Psychotherapy.
* Hubbard had traveled the East extensively and had learned the spiritual secrets of Tibetan monks.
* Sgt. Hubbard USMC was an accomplished military man.
* Hubbard had mastered the art of glider flight.
* Hubbard had baffled the Psychiatrists at his university.
* The Young Hubbard had exchanged bodily fluids with an old pervert dressed in a war bonnet: Hubbard had the seed of Old Tom in him.
* Hubbard had traveled the Orient with an officer of the British Navy. The two men explored the pleasures of the love that dared not speak its name.
* Hubbard had commanded ocean expeditions to Puerto Rico to survey for minerals.

Hitler saw in Hubbard an accomplished homosexual mystic, physicist, aviator, expedition leader, and military genius. Hitler at once understood the threat: Hubbard could glide unseen into a pre-radar Germany. Once inside of Germany, Hubbard could work his mystical homosexual charms on Ernst Rohm and take command of the Brown Shirts away from Hitler. Using his skills of military leadership, Hubbard would organize the Brown Shirts and the Army into an effective fighting force that he would use to destroy German Psychiatry and then bring Scientology to Germany and thence to Europe, Russia, and the entire world.

Because Nazism was simply a front for Psychiatry, Hitler organized all of Germany into a war machine that was needed to secretly fend off the threat L. Ron Hubbard posed to German Psychiatry. To ensure the destruction of Hubbard, who was the most powerful being ever, Hitler enlisted the aid of Japan. Together, they began WWII with the secret motive to destroy L. Ron Hubbard.

WWII began. German moles in the US Navy conspired to get L. Ron Hubbard assigned to sub patrol boat USS PC-815. The trap to assassinate Lt. L. Ron Hubbard and end his threat to German Psychiatry was set into motion in the early hours of 19 May 1943 when two enormous Imperial Japanese Navy Kaidai VII-class submarines bristling with deadly torpedoes stalked the USS PC-815. As the subs set up to kill L. Ron Hubbard and end the threat to German Psychiatry, Hubbard's sonar detected them.

The military genius L. Ron Hubbard immediately salvoed depth charges and destroyed the submarines. Both exploded with a "resounding furor" and the blood and guts and oil of the dead subs came to the surface. But these victories came at a cost: Nazi frogmen who had also been tailing the USS PC-815 in smaller boats stole up on Hubbard's blind side and machine-gunned him in the back, hips, and legs. The frogmen then fired sulfuric acid bullets into his eyes and blinded Hubbard. Yet Hubbard, a tough sonofabitch, took his knife and killed all of the Nazi frogmen.

Crippled, blinded, and maimed, L. Ron Hubbard was rushed to the nearest hospital in the Secretary of the Navy's private plane. He was given the Medal of Honor of with Palms, five purple hearts, and 20 other combat medals. However, President Roosevelt ordered "Hubbard's War" to be covered up so that the public would not be scared. Colonel Fletcher Prouty of the US Air Force went in and sheep-dipped LRH's US Navy military records so that it looked like Hubbard had depth-charged iron ore deposits.

Crippled and blinded and suffering from untreated gonorrhea -- which caused him to piss blood, L. Ron Hubbard used his research on the mind to heal his body. While in the hospital, nuclear physicist L. Ron Hubbard wrote the equations for America's first atomic bombs and sent them over to Robert Oppenheimer who stole them and claimed them as his own -- just like Albert Einstein had stolen Hubbard's E=MC2 equation that Ron had written for his Eagle Scout badge in science back in 1918.

"Hubbard's War" broke the morale of Hitler and Hirohito, for they had failed to kill Ron. Hitler and Hirohito both went down tone into apathy. From his hospital bed, L. Ron Hubbard planned D-Day and MacArthur's island hopping campaign on a legal pad over the course of a few days. After that work, Hubbard focused his mind on his body and healed it of 154 wounds from machine gun bullets by re-experiencing the trauma of each bullet hitting his heart, lungs, brain, spinal cord, spleen, liver, pancreas, etc. LRH then cured his eyes by running out all of the sulfuric acid using megadoses of niacin. Needless to say, these wounds would have killed lesser men.

Fully healed, L. Ron Hubbard glided into Berlin as the Russians were closing in on the Fuhrer Bunker. Hubbard killed all of Hitler's guards using jiu jitsu and then stormed in and shot and killed a stunned Adolph Hitler and Eva Braun. Out of bullets, Hubbard fled the bunker and glided back to Allied lines where he briefed Eisenhower. Hubbard's killing of Hitler was covered up by the Allies so that the USSR would never know about the potent killing machine that was L. Ron Hubbard. A scant three months later, Master Aviator L. Ron Hubbard piloted the Enola Gay over Hiroshima and released the bomb. This too was covered up so that the sinister forces of the USSR would not discover America's secret weapon: L. Ron Hubbard.

German Psychiatry was lost and WWII had ended singlehandedly thanks to L. Ron Hubbard.

Powerful Nazis fled to other countries with vast fortunes and then did various Psychiatric shit just to piss off L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

The End.

ref: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30984&postorder=asc&highlight=frogmen&start=120

/////

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
Beauty. Pure Beauty! I always knew the whole truth would come out one day.

Thanks J.:D

After being hatted in the Danny Sherman School of COB speech writing, I took the initiative to write the Official Secret WWII History of L. Ron Hubbard over at Clambake in 2009. Mine is a grand unifying field theory that shows the awesomeness of Hubbard in WWII and how he basically saved the world. Prouty never realized just how deeply sheep-dipped Hubbard been. Here we go then:

When Adolph Hitler first learned of L. Ron Hubbard in 1932, the future Nazi leader was shocked at the threat Hubbard posed to German Psychiatry and to greater Germany itself. Consider the sweeping extent of Hubbard's genius in 1932:

* Hubbard had a Ph.D. in nuclear physics.
* Hubbard had an extensive knowledge of Freudian Psychotherapy.
* Hubbard had traveled the East extensively and had learned the spiritual secrets of Tibetan monks.
* Sgt. Hubbard USMC was an accomplished military man.
* Hubbard had mastered the art of glider flight.
* Hubbard had baffled the Psychiatrists at his university.
* The Young Hubbard had exchanged bodily fluids with an old pervert dressed in a war bonnet: Hubbard had the seed of Old Tom in him.
* Hubbard had traveled the Orient with an officer of the British Navy. The two men explored the pleasures of the love that dared not speak its name.
* Hubbard had commanded ocean expeditions to Puerto Rico to survey for minerals.

Hitler saw in Hubbard an accomplished homosexual mystic, physicist, aviator, expedition leader, and military genius. Hitler at once understood the threat: Hubbard could glide unseen into a pre-radar Germany. Once inside of Germany, Hubbard could work his mystical homosexual charms on Ernst Rohm and take command of the Brown Shirts away from Hitler. Using his skills of military leadership, Hubbard would organize the Brown Shirts and the Army into an effective fighting force that he would use to destroy German Psychiatry and then bring Scientology to Germany and thence to Europe, Russia, and the entire world.

Because Nazism was simply a front for Psychiatry, Hitler organized all of Germany into a war machine that was needed to secretly fend off the threat L. Ron Hubbard posed to German Psychiatry. To ensure the destruction of Hubbard, who was the most powerful being ever, Hitler enlisted the aid of Japan. Together, they began WWII with the secret motive to destroy L. Ron Hubbard.

WWII began. German moles in the US Navy conspired to get L. Ron Hubbard assigned to sub patrol boat USS PC-815. The trap to assassinate Lt. L. Ron Hubbard and end his threat to German Psychiatry was set into motion in the early hours of 19 May 1943 when two enormous Imperial Japanese Navy Kaidai VII-class submarines bristling with deadly torpedoes stalked the USS PC-815. As the subs set up to kill L. Ron Hubbard and end the threat to German Psychiatry, Hubbard's sonar detected them.

The military genius L. Ron Hubbard immediately salvoed depth charges and destroyed the submarines. Both exploded with a "resounding furor" and the blood and guts and oil of the dead subs came to the surface. But these victories came at a cost: Nazi frogmen who had also been tailing the USS PC-815 in smaller boats stole up on Hubbard's blind side and machine-gunned him in the back, hips, and legs. The frogmen then fired sulfuric acid bullets into his eyes and blinded Hubbard. Yet Hubbard, a tough sonofabitch, took his knife and killed all of the Nazi frogmen.

Crippled, blinded, and maimed, L. Ron Hubbard was rushed to the nearest hospital in the Secretary of the Navy's private plane. He was given the Medal of Honor of with Palms, five purple hearts, and 20 other combat medals. However, President Roosevelt ordered "Hubbard's War" to be covered up so that the public would not be scared. Colonel Fletcher Prouty of the US Air Force went in and sheep-dipped LRH's US Navy military records so that it looked like Hubbard had depth-charged iron ore deposits.

Crippled and blinded and suffering from untreated gonorrhea -- which caused him to piss blood, L. Ron Hubbard used his research on the mind to heal his body. While in the hospital, nuclear physicist L. Ron Hubbard wrote the equations for America's first atomic bombs and sent them over to Robert Oppenheimer who stole them and claimed them as his own -- just like Albert Einstein had stolen Hubbard's E=MC2 equation that Ron had written for his Eagle Scout badge in science back in 1918.

"Hubbard's War" broke the morale of Hitler and Hirohito, for they had failed to kill Ron. Hitler and Hirohito both went down tone into apathy. From his hospital bed, L. Ron Hubbard planned D-Day and MacArthur's island hopping campaign on a legal pad over the course of a few days. After that work, Hubbard focused his mind on his body and healed it of 154 wounds from machine gun bullets by re-experiencing the trauma of each bullet hitting his heart, lungs, brain, spinal cord, spleen, liver, pancreas, etc. LRH then cured his eyes by running out all of the sulfuric acid using megadoses of niacin. Needless to say, these wounds would have killed lesser men.

Fully healed, L. Ron Hubbard glided into Berlin as the Russians were closing in on the Fuhrer Bunker. Hubbard killed all of Hitler's guards using jiu jitsu and then stormed in and shot and killed a stunned Adolph Hitler and Eva Braun. Out of bullets, Hubbard fled the bunker and glided back to Allied lines where he briefed Eisenhower. Hubbard's killing of Hitler was covered up by the Allies so that the USSR would never know about the potent killing machine that was L. Ron Hubbard. A scant three months later, Master Aviator L. Ron Hubbard piloted the Enola Gay over Hiroshima and released the bomb. This too was covered up so that the sinister forces of the USSR would not discover America's secret weapon: L. Ron Hubbard.

German Psychiatry was lost and WWII had ended singlehandedly thanks to L. Ron Hubbard.

Powerful Nazis fled to other countries with vast fortunes and then did various Psychiatric shit just to piss off L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

The End.

ref: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30984&postorder=asc&highlight=frogmen&start=120

/////

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

Very nice piece of research, but "E=MC2" was never the property of Hubbard or Einstein. It belongs to H.A. Lorentz.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Very nice piece of research, but "E=MC2" was never the property of Hubbard or Einstein. It belongs to H.A. Lorentz.

I am not sure that you are correct. While not taking anything away from Lorentz ,the e=mc2 equation is from the 1905 paper by Einstein - Lorentz never published it. While he was and is a pioneer in his own way I know of no reference that he was the originator of it - do you have a citation?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I am not sure that you are correct. While not taking anything away from Lorentz ,the e=mc2 equation is from the 1905 paper by Einstein - Lorentz never published it. While he was and is a pioneer in his own way I know of no reference that he was the originator of it - do you have a citation?
I don't think it exists (citation), Einstein (as far as I have been able to determine in a couple of hours reading) indeed originated the E=MC2 equation, but used a lot of Lorentz's (and other's theories> http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2006physics...8289A) formulas and theory in his own work.
It seems that Lorentz's speciality was electromagnetics/dynamics and math.

In 1905, Einstein would use many of the concepts, mathematical tools and results discussed to write his paper entitled "Elektrodynamik" (Electrodynamics) known today as the theory of special relativity. Because Lorentz laid the fundamentals for the work by Einstein, this theory was called the Lorentz-Einstein theory originally.
Source> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendrik_Lorentz

Would have been a wasted day if I hadn't learned a little something interestin' :D

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Wow you guys gave me a few good laughs reading this thread.:clap:

But in all seriousness - the REASON I have put Scientology tech completely to rest is ... how could anyone who LIED, so often, about himself, ever have discovered the road to TRUTH. :omg:

It is not possible, it just does not make sense.

Hubbard expected everyone else to come clean when in fact our overts were piss weak compared to his ! And when he wasn't lying he was plagerising or making things more confusing than they needed to be in order to appear mentally superior. There was nothing humble about LRH he was always above us all - from the time he was born !:duh:

Like Zorg ... I also felt a fool.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Lorentz noticed some important mathematical properties of the equations of electromagnetism. Einstein took what Lorentz had considered technical math tricks for solving electrodynamics equations, and made them into fundamental properties of space and time. So Einstein used a lot of Lorentz's math (and the Lorentz transformations are still taught as a basic part of Einsteinian relativity). But the radical hypothesis that it really had to do with space and time themselves, and not just electromagnetic fields, was all Einstein's idea.

And with this assumption, Einstein went on to work out a lot of consequences outside of electromagnetism, that Lorentz never imagined at all. Including the famous relationship between mass and kinetic energy. There has never any significant argument about Einstein's contribution; Lorentz himself acknowledged all this. Lorentz was by no means a man cheated out of credit by the upstart Einstein. He won the Nobel prize and many other honors, and his name still stands high in physics today. It just happens that Albert Einstein was a genius of a different order, who made three revolutionary breakthroughs in science singlehandedly (relativity, gravity, and the photon), plus as many as three more Nobel-worthy contributions (non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, Bose-Einstein condensation, and quantum entanglement). Nobody else since Newton has ever come at all close to this level of achievement.

The Wikipedia article on Lorentz does not seem to be perfectly reliable; for instance, it has omitted most of the title of Einstein's paper, which was 'Zur Elektrodynamik bewegter Körper' ('On the electrodynamics of moving objects').

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron

Lorentz this, Lorentz that, Einstein this, Newton that, ho hum...

There once was a swordsman named Misk,
whose thrust was exceedingly brisk.
So fast was his action,
that the Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction,
reduced his rapier to a disk. :thumbsup:

l ron blubbershithead wrote something about this in his Downtown Markab Lectures, all 12,621 of them. :unsure:

Oh yeah, right... that happened in a different universe and time stream (they also were stuck with that asshole).
:whistling:

Sorry. :confused2:

Last edited:

Atalantan

Patron with Honors
Well I guess when one compares the time in May to the time in June and looks at the two disctinct and seperate points in times from the vast viewpoint from eternity, the two distinct points in time do appear to be one small spot of time, so then "at the time" could then be considered to mean either of the two distinct points in time, maybe even both.

Must have something to do with that inifnite valued logic that Hubbard was trying to dishpan out such that acceptable truths could then be considered to be true enough.

Or is it that truth as the exact consideration of time, place, form and event is only applied when people have to sit and write up O/Ws?

Rd00

Awesome! Someone on ESMB who actually references "time, place, form, and event"! (Just kidding, I know a lot of posters here do.)

Perhaps I misread the OP I was responding to, and failed to realize he was referring to May of that year only, or a specific date in May.

Do you suppose it is possible, that if there was a Japanese submarine off the coast in June, that there might have been one around there a few weeks earlier in May?

Or is that unthinkable? If it is verboten to consider the mere possibility, then Sig Heil and I apologize, pleez doan beat me massah...

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Awesome! Someone on ESMB who actually references "time, place, form, and event"! (Just kidding, I know a lot of posters here do.)

Perhaps I misread the OP I was responding to, and failed to realize he was referring to May of that year only, or a specific date in May.

Do you suppose it is possible, that if there was a Japanese submarine off the coast in June, that there might have been one around there a few weeks earlier in May?

Or is that unthinkable? If it is verboten to consider the mere possibility, then Sig Heil and I apologize, pleez doan beat me massah...

You can consider whatever you wish.

And while you are doing that then consider this - submarines, in WWII didn't just sail out of port and disappear. They actually had patrol areas - may not have occurred to you I spose but you may want to think about it. The US coastline is at the end of the Japanese submarine's range. Sending a sub there was not a very viable thing to do - which is why they did not do very much of it.

Why not come up with something concrete - like the record of a submarine tasked to that area at the time being measured? Something the CofS has failed miserably to do.

Oooooooopppppppsssss.

So yeah you can dream of anything you wish - maybe your mythical submarine was accompanied by mythical hippopotami dancing around it while they all sang "Praise the Hubbard".

That would certainly explain why the US had to suppress the truth.

Div6

Crusader
It is possible that Hubbard was caught up in the local hysteria at the time, and asserting his "saviour" valence even at that time:

" Tensions rose when a Japanese submarine surfaced off the mouth of the Columbia River and on June 21, 1942, fired 17 shells at Fort Stevens."

from http://bluebook.state.or.us/cultural/history/history26.htm

Also, this page has a rather extensive list of movements of Japanese submarines during WW II. I have not had the time to go through them all yet:
http://www.combinedfleet.com/sensuikan.htm
but I honestly do not expect to find any corroborating "evidence".

And last, it is likely that the whole "LRH = sekrit spai" originated from LRH himself in part as an emulation of his "good friend" Aleister Crowley....Crowley also was rumoured to be "British Intelligence". At least there is some substance to that: http://www.rense.com/general82/crowl.htm

Playing the Devil's Advocate for a moment, why would a former Intel Officer start a "religion"? Would it be to emulate Crowley's "successful cover"?
Who would benefit from such an endeavour, "intelligence" wise?
It has been said that "imitation is the highest form of flattery...."
Hubbard would not be the first to do so, nor the last.

Going to the "source" and reading Crowley directly, one can see an interesting cross-fertilization of ideas..particularly in the area of what an adept should be able to do as they progress in the Order of the Lodge.
Crowley's Naples experiment, and Hubbards "The Factors" is just but one instance of this. Crowley's fictional "MoonChild" is another that romanticizes "White Magic" as the highest expression of integrated intellects.

Add in the actual "Babalon Working" incident with Crowley's acolyte in the US, Jack Parsons, and you get either an earnest "wannabe" or an "undercover agent breaking up a spy ring". Unfortunately Hubbard has been less than forthcoming about that period of his life, and given his track record of prevarication in other areas, one is best not to take him at his word for anything.

Veda

Sponsor
Hubbard was not an "Intelligence officer" in any serious sense. Many thousands of people were, in some fashion, involved in "Intelligence" during World War II (mostly at clerk level assignments).

The tale of Hubbard being an "undercover agent breaking up a spy ring" was originated by Hubbard after the 1969 'Times of London' story. Hubbard embellished this further in his confidential, 'Covert Intelligence, Covert Intelligence Data Collection' issue, where he renamed his 2nd wife Sara, as "Sara Komkovadamaov," and describes Parsons' rooming house as a place where "nuclear physicists stayed." (Of course, it would only make sense that nuclear physicist Hubbard would be welcome at such place.) And there is no indication that any "nuclear physicists" ever resided at Parsons' rooming house.

According to frequent guest Alva Rogers (from a fanzine), "In ads placed in local papers Jack specified that only Bohemians, artists, musicians, atheists, and other exotic types need apply for rooms - any mundane soul would be unceremoniously rejected."

This Crowley link above begins with the startling announcement that he, "played a major role in the sinking of the Lusitania," and at the end becomes, "He actively encouraged German aggressiveness such as the attack on the Lusitania."

This reminds me of the writings of Lyndon LaRouche, who asserted that not only Crowley, but the rock group the Beatles, were covert agents of British Intelligence.

Aside from that sort of thing, the actual parallels between Hubbard's Scientology and Crowley's Magick are there for any to see. Those parallels were first described in the 1987 book 'Messiah or Madman?' and then a few years later by others, and are even touched upon in the thread, 'The Sole Source Myth' on this forum.

It took 20 years for a few in the Scientology Freezone to recognize some of those parallels, although Hubbard's inside joke of having Scientologists call themselves "thay-tans" (with a lisp) is still too much to consider, and the recognition of the parallels between Hubbard's (his title) 'Brainwashing Manual' and Hubbard's Scientology is too much for Freezoners to ponder, beyond a brief dismissive smirk. Nonetheless, progress is s_l_o_w_l_y being made. :)

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard was not an "Intelligence officer" in any serious sense. Many thousands of people were, in some fashion, involved in "Intelligence" during World War II (mostly at clerk level assignments).

The tale of Hubbard being an "undercover agent breaking up a spy ring" was originated by Hubbard after the 1969 'Times of London' story. Hubbard embellished this further in his confidential, 'Covert Intelligence, Covert Intelligence Data Collection' issue, where he renamed his 2nd wife Sara, as "Sara Komkovadamaov," and describes Parsons' rooming house as a place where "nuclear physicists stayed." (Of course, it would only make sense that nuclear physicist Hubbard would be welcome at such place.) And there is no indication that any "nuclear physicists" ever resided at Parsons' rooming house.

According to frequent guest Alva Rogers (from a fanzine), "In ads placed in local papers Jack specified that only Bohemians, artists, musicians, atheists, and other exotic types need apply for rooms - any mundane soul would be unceremoniously rejected."

This Crowley link above begins with the startling announcement that he, "played a major role in the sinking of the Lusitania," and at the end becomes, "He actively encouraged German aggressiveness such as the attack on the Lusitania."

This reminds me of the writings of Lyndon LaRouche, who asserted that not only Crowley, but the rock group the Beatles, were covert agents of British Intelligence.

Aside from that sort of thing, the actual parallels between Hubbard's Scientology and Crowley's Magick are there for any to see. Those parallels were first described in the 1987 book 'Messiah or Madman?' and then a few years later by others, and are even touched upon in the thread, 'The Sole Source Myth' on this forum.

It took 20 years for a few in the Scientology Freezone to recognize some of those parallels, although Hubbard's inside joke of having Scientologists call themselves "thay-tans" (with a lisp) is still too much to consider, and the recognition of the parallels between Hubbard's (his title) 'Brainwashing Manual' and Hubbard's Scientology is too much for Freezoners to ponder, beyond a brief dismissive smirk. Nonetheless, progress is s_l_o_w_l_y being made. :)

Let's consider that.

From The Century Dictionary:

Theta: A letter of the Greek alphabet corresponding to the English th as in thin, etc. It was sometimes called the unlucky letter, because it was used by the judges in passing condemnation on a prisoner, it being the first letter of the Greek [word for], death.

Not quite the Greek symbol for life as Hubbard claimed.

Now that's a joke on scientologists! :omg:

:dieslaughing:

Div6

Crusader
Yes, Rense.com is not a "reliable source". At least there is this in Crowley's Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

"The question of whether Crowley was a spy has always been subject to debate, but Spence uncovered a document from the US Army's old Military Intelligence Division supporting Crowley's own claim to having been a spy:

Aleister Crowley was an employee of the British Government ... in this country on official business of which the British Consul, New York City has full cognizance."

Per the same article, Crowleys Religion "The chief precept of Thelema, derived from the works of François Rabelais, is the sovereignty of Will: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." Crowley's idea of will, however, is not simply the individual's desires or wishes, but also incorporates a sense of the person's destiny or greater purpose: what he termed "True Will.""

Hubbard = "Intention is Cause"

Crowley - "the Laws of Magick are always like those of the other natural forces. All that Magick lacks to put it on a footing with hydrostatics or electricity is a method of quantitative estimation." - from "MoonChild"

Hubbard - (paraphrased) the Tone Scale gives an Auditor the tools necessary to estimate the theta\entheta ratio on the "case" and to estimate time in therapy.

Crowley - "One does not doubt the reality of electrical phenomenon..., because electricity is not perceptible directly by any of the senses, or because its ultimate nature is unknown, or because the electrician refuses to comply with your "test conditions" by his irrational and evidently felonious habit of insulating his wires." Ibid.

Hubbard - "We have long since passed the point of uniformly workable technology." etc

I could go on, but the paralells are striking in many, many ways, including drug use. Getting back to the OP, they both used the "Intel Operative" as a cover to prevent a hard light from shining in to certain areas of their lives.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

Speaking of don't beat me massah, considering that historians love to do papers and research into the more exactnesses of wartime activities, such as the Civil War where they go as far as breaking down battles and even marches to battels and decisions made by officers and can do so for something as old as the civil war and still gett the facts straight after their research...

I think that compared to that it would be a pieve of cake to research into something as locally proximate in time as the WW2 where records were much easier to pull out, relatively speaking of course.

I geuss in LRH's case it depends where those records are pulled out from.

LRH might have dsaid tell a lie enough and it will become a truth.

Of course someone as megalomaniacal as him could overlook the fact that if one tells a lie often enough and tells enough lies often enough sooner or later the laws of probability are gonna nail him and the real truth is going to come out or at least something true enough - that all the lies were nothing more than lies.

Rd00