LRH's motorcycle on Craigslist for $600K

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

It seemed to me to be overpriced at $600,000.

I currently have an offer in at more reasonable number-- $590,000. That would be a steal.

If I win the auction, I am going to re-list it on eBay for $1,000,000 ("Buy It Now" price) and direct Scientologists to the opportunity with descriptive copy that includes the words "PRICELESS!" and "INVESTMENT WHERE EVERYONE WINS!" and "SIT WHERE SOURCE HAS SAT!" and "ON THIS PLANET!"

I am also thinking I can ask far more if I call it a "limited edition" and put a special leather-bound seat on it.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Oh holy-hell-onna-pogo-stick-Bat-Boy! Lololol! (I even went and found the ad, does not say much at all)

Why is it that people figure just because somebody of notoriety owned something it is automatically a relic, let alone a 'holy-relic'? :hysterical:
Hm, a 1975 eh, I doubt that even if Tubs once owned it, considering the time frame and his declining health, highly unlikely 'The Twisted One' did anything more than fire it up once 'r twice... and... ffa, its a frikken 650 Yamaha, over priced by at least 3 zeros.
Now, if there was a big ol' Hubbard man-stain in the shape of baby Jebus on the seat, well all-righty then, tack on another 50$ by golly. Lawrence of Arabia he ain't :p

Sheesh!

If this ad is on the level (ha), could it be some poor sucker got roped into buying it? Like, "Hey, this bike wuz owned by 'The Source!', Half a million is a bargain and it surely will appreciate! We'll thrown in a hundred hours of auditing to sweeten the deal!"

:biggrin:

Jump

Operating teatime

It seemed to me to be overpriced at $600,000.

I currently have an offer in at more reasonable number-- $590,000. That would be a steal.

If I win the auction, I am going to re-list it on eBay for $1,000,000 ("Buy It Now" price) and direct Scientologists to the opportunity with descriptive copy that includes the words "PRICELESS!" and "INVESTMENT WHERE EVERYONE WINS!" and "SIT WHERE SOURCE HAS SAT!" and "ON THIS PLANET!"

I am also thinking I can ask far more if I call it a "limited edition" and put a special leather-bound seat on it.

If it doesn't sell, just bump the price up 10% more each month. That will make them realise what an amazing investment they're getting into.

:duh:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Hell - maybe it was the bike Hubbard busted his ass on in North Africa - the Canary Islands, wasn't it? Broken arm and cracked ribs - extremely foul humour for months, never quite the same after that according to Kima Douglas...

It might BE priceless! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hell - maybe it was the bike Hubbard busted his ass on in North Africa - the Canary Islands, wasn't it? Broken arm and cracked ribs - extremely foul humour for months, never quite the same after that according to Kima Douglas...

It might BE priceless! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Na...That was a BSA (IIRC) and before '75.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I knew the date ('74 crash vs '75 bike) issue was conflicted...but hey, it was worth a try! :biggrin:

Good to hear from you, Face! :yes:

I think it was Hisself's BSA Goldstar but me ole memory is a bit fuzzy...It might have been the Harley--"Spirit of Canada"--that the Toronto Org Staff (ED at the time was Dave Richards) gave Hisself around '74 for the CommodeDoor's Birthday.:confused2:

Good to be heard from, LA SCN. :thumbsup:

Glad you're still hangin' around! :yes:

Face:)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Na...That was a BSA (IIRC) and before '75.

Good catch! I kind of saw the description (Honda 650) and scrunched up my face and thought WTF?

Too lazy to check it out further, but in the 70's I owned a 650 and it sure looked different. No wonder! lol

001.jpg

Anyways, talking about vintage BSAs and various models--geez, the aesthetics
of what is considered "hot" sure has changed................

tumblr_m522hkZARc1qa70eyo1_500.jpg

......changed for motorcycle models and model-models (yup that's Betty Page)​

LA SCN

I think it was Hisself's BSA Goldstar but me ole memory is a bit fuzzy...It might have been the Harley--"Spirit of Canada"--that the Toronto Org Staff (ED at the time was Dave Richards) gave Hisself around '74 for the CommodeDoor's Birthday.:confused2:

Good to be heard from, LA SCN. :thumbsup:

Glad you're still hangin' around! :yes:

Face:)

We old scilons never die - we just route onto The End of Endless 'Endless Rundowns' Rundown...:coolwink::biggrin:

LA SCN

Good catch! I kind of saw the description (Honda 650) and scrunched up my face and thought WTF?

Anyways, talking about vintage BSAs and various models--geez, the aesthetics
of what is considered "hot" sure has changed................

......changed for motorcycle models and model-models (yup that's Betty Page)

Yup - I remember it well...Hubbard was hinting heavily to the crew that he wanted one of those for his birthday! And oh yeah - he liked the bike too.

Disclaimer - I was not there physically but was spiritually. At the Hollywood Palladium in September 1973(or 4) Making the World a Better Place event featuring Yvonne Jentzch, Diana and Quentin Hubbard, and a slew of CC celebs - Edward Bear, Airto, Amanda Ambrose, Mario Feninger and Bobby Lyon among others, Lyon spoke of his recent return from the flagship and Hubbard - I astral planed there of course. :yes:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good catch! I kind of saw the description (Honda 650) and scrunched up my face and thought WTF? Too lazy to check it out further but in the 70's I owned a 650 and it sure looked different. lol
001.jpg

Anyways, talking about vintage BSAs and various models--geez, the aesthetics of what is considered "hot" sure has changed! (for motorcycle models and model-models; yup that's Betty Page)

:thumbsup:

IIRC, Hisself did have a Yamaha 650 at one time. The Honda's and Yamaha's were OHC's. The BSA 650 Rocket was a fun ride. Yeah, things have changed but doing 100mph+ on a mountain road at night with drum brakes, Lucas (Prince of Darkness) lights, the clicking of tappets buzzn' in your ears, and the throb of piston strokes and every inch of the road surface tingling your butt, feet and hands has its own special charm. :coolwink:

Face:happydance:

Last edited:

LA SCN

Who is Airto?

"To make his music more direct, Corea first tried to tap the sense of airiness and spiritual yearning then in the air. His band Return to Forever was at first essentially a samba band, featuring the Brazilian percussionist Airto Moreira and his wife, Flora Purim, a vocalist. On light, bubbling melodies like “Sometime Ago” and “Light as a Feather”, Corea combined songful, rhythmic improvisations with fanciful lyrics and propulsion. As RTF morphed into a somewhat bombastic “fusion” band (featuring Lenny White on drums, Stanley Clarke on bass, and several electric guitarists), the names of the projects and songs remained fantastical: “Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy”, “Theme to the Mothership”, “Romantic Warrior” and the like. “I’ve always been drawn to fantasy and the magic world,” Corea explains."

http://www.popmatters.com/feature/corea-chick-060329/

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yup - I remember it well...Hubbard was hinting heavily to the crew that he wanted one of those for his birthday! And oh yeah - he liked the bike too.

Disclaimer - I was not there physically but was spiritually. At the Hollywood Palladium in September 1973(or 4) Making the World a Better Place event featuring Yvonne Jentzch, Diana and Quentin Hubbard, and a slew of CC celebs - Edward Bear, Airto, Amanda Ambrose, Mario Feninger and Bobby Lyon among others, Lyon spoke of his recent return from the flagship and Hubbard - I astral planed there of course. :yes:

Yeah...It might have been '73 when Hisself got the Harley. It may well have been the "Spirit of Canada" that El Ron crashed on as it was too much bike for Hisself...ergo getting the Yamaha 650, which was a relatively "tame" and "forgiving" machine.